Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   3-D Items, Specialty Cards, and Tags (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/)
-   -   Sending Tea/Hot Chocolate Pocket Cards Due 1 March (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/sending-tea-hot-chocolate-pocket-cards-due-1-march-t564522.html)

libreeder@aol.com 11-17-2012 05:42 AM

Sending Tea/Hot Chocolate Pocket Cards Due 1 March

Swap Items due 1 March
Join until 15 January CLOSED & CREATING

I just found the tea cards and have gone crazy making them.

I would like to do a swap of these cards because I think they make great 'thank you' or just 'thinking of you' cards. I've also used them to send flat wooden christmas ornaments.

This swap will be for the cards only (you will not include the tea, hot chocolate, packets etc.)

I will include a different flavor German tea bag for each your cards.

The cards may be flat or 3 dimensional.

Here's links to some ideas. Also, the gallery has lots of samples.

Sweet Irene's Inspirations: Tea and Cookies Card
Clearly iStamp: Tuesday Tutorial: Tea Wallet
NannaStamps.blogspot.de/2012/10/tea-bag-holder-tutorial.html
Scrapthatchat.blogspot.de/2010/05/tea-bag-holder-tutorial.html

4 + 1 You will make 5 cards and will receive 4 back.

Requirements:

Card must:
Include one pocket that a standard size tea back will fit into or hot chocolate packet
Be made of quality (stiff) card stock
Include at least one embellishment

Shipping: Please ship cards in a ziplock bag and include postage plus two extra stamps and a return envelope or label if you want me to use the same envelope. My address is US Military overseas. The cost to ship is US rates; about the same as shipping to NY.

My address is:
Madonna Roberts
CMR 459, Box 5204
APO AE 09139

1. Heather M (Quilling_Queen) RECEIVED 2 spots
2.Tracy (ktfabian2) RECEIVED
3. Shelley (Art) RECEIVED
4. Marie (Mariel0012) RECEIVED 1st 2 spots
5. Jabauer
6. Christi (Craf T Bear) RECEIVED
7. Karen (Krickethill) RECEIVED
8. Dhayes1 RECEIVED 2 spots
9. Roxie RECEIVED 2 spots
10. MBOSS RECEIVED 2 spots

Madonna
Swaps: Christmas Tag; Praise X; Praise XI; Altered Binder Clips & Clothespins; Gratitude Journal Pages; Any Occasion Card w/Matching Envie, Tag & Bag; Tea Light; Have a "Cuppa" Christmas Party; Christmas Themed Whimsy Jar

Quilling_Queen 11-17-2012 07:39 AM

I'd like 1 spot for now please.

Are we shipping them to Germany then having them shipped back to the states?

libreeder@aol.com 11-17-2012 07:59 AM

Shipping to Germany (Military Address )

Thanks for joining.

The cards will be shipped to Germany but to a US Military address. The cost is the same as shipping to New York but you may have to fill out a custom form.

Madonna

libreeder@aol.com 11-19-2012 01:00 PM

Just a late night bump. please consider joining. Creating these are addictive.

Madonna

ktfabian2 11-20-2012 05:32 PM

I'd like a spot, too (no, Heather, I'm really not stalking you on the board!). I may come back and sign up for a second spot, but I'll stick with one for now.
Thanks!

libreeder@aol.com 11-21-2012 11:10 AM

Wonderful Tracy. I'll add you to the list.

Madonna

librarian 11-21-2012 04:50 PM

I'll take a spot.

libreeder@aol.com 11-21-2012 08:41 PM

Thanks for joining

Librarian,

Thanks for joining. What type of librarian are you?

I am also a librarian, but not currently working In the field.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Madonna

librarian 11-22-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libreeder@aol.com (Post 19841064)
Librarian,

Thanks for joining. What type of librarian are you?

I am also a librarian, but not currently working In the field.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Madonna

I am retired but was a high school librarian for 34 years, then I taught English for 4 years! What did you do?

mzkangak 11-22-2012 11:07 AM

Please sign me up! I'm just curious! Where are you located? Hugs!

Karen adams

libreeder@aol.com 11-22-2012 01:39 PM

Welcome

Karen,

Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks for joining.

I live in Lauf, a small village about 12 miles north of Bamberg, Germany.

Madonna

libreeder@aol.com 11-22-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian (Post 19841600)
I am retired but was a high school librarian for 34 years, then I taught English for 4 years! What did you do?

I worked at an Army community library for two years mostly doing children's programing. I loved it. I hope to work as an elementary school librarian before I retire from the Department of Defense Schools (my current employer).

sue_ZZZ 11-23-2012 09:43 AM

I'd like to sign up for 3 spots. I'll do a different design for each of the spots.

Thanks,
Sue_zzz

libreeder@aol.com 11-23-2012 11:28 AM

Su_zzz,

I have you signed up. Thanks for joining.

Madonna

Quilling_Queen 11-23-2012 01:06 PM

Please add me for a 2nd spot, thanks

MegsLeigh 11-23-2012 01:30 PM

I'd like a spot as well, please! I'd been wanting to make some of these, and it gives me a great excuse to splurge on some tea/coffee-themed stamps I've had my eye on.

libreeder@aol.com 11-23-2012 03:27 PM

Added

Heather, I gave you a second spot.

Meg, Thanks for joining.

Madonna

mariel0012 11-24-2012 10:47 AM

Count me in please. for 1 spot

libreeder@aol.com 11-24-2012 11:26 AM

Marie,

I've added you. thanks for joining us.

Madonna

libreeder@aol.com 11-25-2012 12:01 AM

Early Morning Bump

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.

I was busy finishing up decorating whimsy jars I'm making for Christmas gifts after learning about them in the Whimsy jar swap. They are fun. Last night I cleaned off the dining room table of all my craft items so we eat there again. It's been covered for several weeks. Good thing we had a Thanksgiving invite for dinner. lol. Now I'm going to try my hand at matchbook Advent calendars but I'm going to try to keep the mess contained.

Hope you all have an enjoyable week.

Madonna

libreeder@aol.com 11-27-2012 06:58 AM

Just an afternoon bump

Looking for crafters to fill a few more spots.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Madonna

Jabauer 11-28-2012 04:25 AM

I will take a spot these look great

libreeder@aol.com 11-28-2012 08:58 AM

Wonderful. Thanks for joining.

Madonna

libreeder@aol.com 12-01-2012 10:45 AM

Just a quick bump. Hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend.

Bought a few boxes of teas to put in the cards today:

Provence Apricot Honey Lavender
Thuringer 9 Herbs
Brombeer Himbeer (Blackberry/Rasberry)

I need to try these; I've never had a lavender tea.

Madonna

Stamp Wizard 12-04-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libreeder@aol.com (Post 19845801)
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.
Now I'm going to try my hand at matchbook Advent calendars but I'm going to try to keep the mess contained.

Madonna

Madonna

What does a matchbook advent calendar look like? Do you have a link somewhere that has a tutorial or picture?

libreeder@aol.com 12-05-2012 02:28 AM

ADVENT CALENDAR

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard (Post 19867346)
Madonna

What does a matchbook advent calendar look like? Do you have a link somewhere that has a tutorial or picture?

Sandra,

There are different types, but I thought this was the cutest. I took a picture of the one I made, but don't know how to post a photo from my IPAD. I wasn't completely pleased with mine. It was crooked; I guess I should have used stronger tape when putting the stacks together. Here are a couple links:

Creative "Try"als: Matchbox Advent Calendar Tutorial

Matchbox Advent Calendar - YouTube

Madonna

Stamp Wizard 12-05-2012 10:27 AM

Madonna

OK, now I remember these. I didn't make the connection when you first mentioned matchbox advent calendars. I saw something like this when I was hopping around the internet and landed on someones Pinterest pins a couple of weeks ago!

The blog link you gave also has a picture of "the 12 Days of Christmas" which is a great idea right now, since today is Dec. 5th and making an advent calendar for this year ... it's a little late for me (it takes me a while to get things done). ;)

mariel0012 12-09-2012 05:35 PM

Hi ladies. just checking in. Its finally snowing in michigan. I don't think its going to stay. You can put me down for a second spot. I am slowly crafting. Its sometimes hard. Have a nice evening.

Quilling_Queen 12-10-2012 04:26 AM

I have great news!!! I will be getting an early Christmas present on Wednesday... My parents are paying for me to sign up as a Stampin Up Demonstrator!!!! Discount on my supplies, discount of my supplies (you girls can't see it, but I am doing the happy dance :D )

mariel0012 12-10-2012 05:50 AM

Morning ladies. have a beautiful day

libreeder@aol.com 12-10-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariel0012 (Post 19875623)
Hi ladies. just checking in. Its finally snowing in michigan. I don't think its going to stay. You can put me down for a second spot. I am slowly crafting. Its sometimes hard. Have a nice evening.

Marie,

Enjoy your crafting. I have put you down for another spot.

Madonna

libreeder@aol.com 12-10-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quilling_Queen (Post 19876073)
I have great news!!! I will be getting an early Christmas present on Wednesday... My parents are paying for me to sign up as a Stampin Up Demonstrator!!!! Discount on my supplies, discount of my supplies (you girls can't see it, but I am doing the happy dance :D )

Heather,

Lucky you! Do you have to sell a certain amount to keep you status?

Madonna

hookedoncrafts 12-10-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Congrats! I hope you are able to get in on the free ink pads! I have been a demo for several years and love it. You have a lot of fun and meet a lot of great people!

libreeder@aol.com 12-16-2012 12:24 PM

Just an afternoon bump.

Stamp Wizard 12-16-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Heather

Congrats! I may have mentioned it before but I've been a Stampin' Up! demo for over 8 years now. It's amazing how much Stampin' Up! stuff one can collect after so many years! ;) This is a great time to join since the starter kit is only $99 and you get to pick the product contents yourself (when I joined we had very little say in what product we got). Also there's that TERRIFIC offer of the FREE stamp pad color collection of your choice. How long have you been using Stampin' Up! products? Good luck & have fun!! :p

mariel0012 12-16-2012 06:31 PM

evening ladies

Stamp Wizard 12-18-2012 07:13 PM

Wanted to bump this up! ;)

BfloStamp 12-20-2012 07:12 AM

lovely!

one spot please!

Ann Marie

libreeder@aol.com 12-20-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BfloStamp (Post 19895509)
one spot please!

Ann Marie

Glad to have you Ann Marie.

Madonna

Stamp Wizard 12-21-2012 09:28 AM

Bumping up. It seems that most people have taken a short vacation from Splitcoaststampers....gosh, it must be the holiday. ;)