Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   3-D Items, Specialty Cards, and Tags (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/)
-   -   DONE/POSTAL! STYLIN'! Fashion Accessories Swap 3+1 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/done-postal-stylin-fashion-accessories-swap-3-1-a-t559787.html)

StampinGoodDeeds 08-23-2012 06:28 AM

DONE/POSTAL! STYLIN'! Fashion Accessories Swap 3+1
 
Accessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize!

Christmas is coming so why not have a swap of handmade fashion accessories! Scarves, totes/purses, jewelry, aprons, hair accessories, tin purses, eyeglass cases, hats, gloves, cell phone cases, lace collars, water bottle totes, legwarmers, lunchboxes, etc. You get the idea! :)
Each item must be handmade/crafted -- however, you may purchase storebought items and then alter them to create your item for this swap -- for example, a purchased canvas bag from Joanns that has been stamped/embellished, etc. If you have an idea and aren't sure, just ask!

And as SCS is a Papercrafting Site, each item must also have some sort of COORDINATING tag or card or pkg/holder/box that is handcrafted (involves papercrafting, i.e. die cut, stamping, etc. on cardstock, DSP, chipboard, etc.) with at least two layers and one embellishment.

This is a 3+1 swap. Quality work only, something you would be proud to give as a gift or could sell in a shop even. I try to swap out fairly evenly as to the amount of work, costs, etc. out of fairness also.

Due 11/13/12 in my hands so that I can swap out and get them postal to you before the holiday madness so you can use them for gifts!

Mailing: Keep in mind items mailed back may be bulkier so plan for that. Send extra postage also for that reason, or use flat rate boxes. Include $ for DC if you would like it on the returns also please -- I highly recommend it for tracking purposes. PM me for address when ready to send.

You must check in regularly and within two weeks of due date to confirm participation. Life happens, if you must drop, be sure to notify me in advance so as to avoid being reported to SCS. Please be sure to post when you receive back as well to close out.

Some fun ideas to get you started:
15+ Eyeglass Case Patterns & Tutorials: {Free} : TipNut.com
Over 200 Free Hair Accessories Crochet Patterns
http://stampwithtami.com/tv/shows/pr...-silkscarf.pdf
Emboss Velvet with Rubber Stamps and a Household Iron


Anyone want to accessorize too!?
When you know what you are going to make, please post so I can list that too. Sharing pics is also encouraged, and idea/tips swapping!
One spot per person please until there are enough to ensure you won't get back your own. :)

1. Bflostamp - Embellished pocket totes (Toni wants one, Jennifer loves, Pat wants one) - Recd, Returns recd
2. CherryLime - snap bags - Recd - Returns recd
3. CherryLime - jewelry drawstring totes - Recd - Returns recd
4. Shereel - purses - Recd (Jennifer would like one) - Returns recd
5. Venus@home - charm bracelets - Recd, returns received
6. MrsLaporte - scarves (Stamp Wizard wants purple, Margie loves B/G one, Scraphead B&W one) - Recd, Returns recd
7. Stamp Wizard - eye glasses cases - Recd, Returns recd
8. Travanna - earrings - Recd, Returns recd
9. DROP
10. Raquelita_uno - wine charms - Recd, Returns recd
11. Raquelita_uno - luggage tags (BfloStamp wants one) - Recd, Returns recd
12. Ladylovestostamp - faux porcelain pins - Recd, returns recd
13. Ladylovestostamp - infinity scarves - Recd, Returns recd
14.-15. Drop
16. Galet1 - bracelets - Recd (Susan wants one), returns recd
17. Scraphead - checkbook cover - Recd, returns recd
18. Scraphead - credit card holder - Recd
19. Babygoofus - hats - Recd (Margie wants one), returns recd
20. Babygoofus - wintery mug wraps - Recd (Toni wants one)
21. StampinGoodDeeds - eyeglass chains (Stamp Wizard wants a purple one, Jennifer loves purpole too) - done

CLOSED and Receiving



BfloStamp 08-23-2012 09:30 AM

one spot please!
 
OMG, you have been BRIMMING with wonderful ideas this year Susan! I am SO IN on this one - please give me a spot. Could the accessories be Christmas themed ? Now to start thinking and planning...

cupojafa 08-23-2012 10:18 AM

I will have to think about this one....see where I'm at once school gets going.

StampinGoodDeeds 08-23-2012 11:00 AM

Absolutely! Could be any holiday theme even for that matter! Although I'm not quite sure what one would do for Groundhog Day other than a fur hat perhaps... haha

Now Jen, you know you are going to want to do it too. Could even be items for kids if you wanted! I've seen your great ideas and sewing projects so can only imagine what you would make!

BfloStamp 08-23-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds (Post 19637144)
Absolutely! Could be any holiday theme even for that matter! Although I'm not quite sure what one would do for Groundhog Day other than a fur hat perhaps... haha

Now Jen, you know you are going to want to do it too. Could even be items for kids if you wanted! I've seen your great ideas and sewing projects so can only imagine what you would make!

And I'm thinking this is right up Shereel's alley!

ladylovestostamp 08-23-2012 04:31 PM

Susan, I will lurk for a bit if that's ok DH will be having more surgery soon so I need to see how that goes before I commit. Would love to play though!

CherryLime 08-23-2012 04:36 PM

I will take two spots....thanks!

shereel 08-23-2012 06:48 PM

Okay sucker me in when I'm so tired I can't think straight. Give me a spot.

BfloStamp 08-24-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shereel (Post 19637939)
Okay sucker me in when I'm so tired I can't think straight. Give me a spot.

eeehhhh ... my telepathic messages WORKED!

btw, Groundhog Day is my 3rd fvorite holiday!!! I had a Groundhog Day party, everyone came over at an ungodly morning hour and we watched (on TV)Puxatawny Phil come out of his log and I served Groundhog shaped cookies and ants on a log and similar themed snacks. I have a great GH Day x-c pattern, I think it's a Lizze Kate, if anyone would like a copy I will send it to you (it's a freebie).

venus@home 08-24-2012 02:42 PM

oooh me, me me...I'm in!

Stamp Wizard 08-25-2012 04:11 PM

Susan

I'm going to subscribe to this thread right now. It sounds really fun and I love sewing things and making things with fabric. However, I just lost my job last month and I don't know about doing this swap because of the postage. I have lots & lots & lots of material and embellishments to make the items.

I'll keep checking in. ;)

mrslaporte 08-25-2012 05:17 PM

I'll be in for one spot. :) Susan you're a creative hostess.

StampinGoodDeeds 08-27-2012 04:57 AM

Of course! You are always welcome to lurk!
Quote:

Originally Posted by ladylovestostamp (Post 19637653)
Susan, I will lurk for a bit if that's ok DH will be having more surgery soon so I need to see how that goes before I commit. Would love to play though!


StampinGoodDeeds 08-27-2012 05:00 AM

Understandable... perhaps look for something very lightweight! :) I know we are all keeping postage in mind on swapping nowadays. Fabric items like small wallets or glasses cases or crocheted necklaces or hair items... all lightweight and fit in an envelope... :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard (Post 19642331)
Susan

I'm going to subscribe to this thread right now. It sounds really fun and I love sewing things and making things with fabric. However, I just lost my job last month and I don't know about doing this swap because of the postage. I have lots & lots & lots of material and embellishments to make the items.

I'll keep checking in. ;)


StampinGoodDeeds 08-27-2012 05:01 AM

Welcome ladies! I hope these swaps are getting you all into the holiday gifts crafting mode and you are making extras for those too. I always seem to do that with these swaps... make a few extras to stash and use as those last minute little gifts. :)

StampinGoodDeeds 08-27-2012 10:12 AM

I've started sharing some links for ideas in the main post too, but here is the starter list:
15+ Eyeglass Case Patterns & Tutorials: {Free} : TipNut.com Eyeglass cases (also would make good cell phone cases if adjusted to the right size!)
Also, how about the eyeglass chains!? Projects - Beaded Eyeglass Chain
(also make good badge card holders)
Over 200 Free Hair Accessories Crochet Patterns (Hair accessories!)
http://stampwithtami.com/tv/shows/pr...-silkscarf.pdf (stamped silk scarves)
Emboss Velvet with Rubber Stamps and a Household Iron
(I love the way embossed velvet looks!)

shereel 08-27-2012 06:25 PM

I'm making purses. I found a cute pattern at the quilt shop.

BfloStamp 08-28-2012 08:00 AM

I'll tell you all what I'm going to try - I found instructions for shrinky dink bracelets on a craft blog - they look really cute but I've never worked with shrinky dink before. If it doesn't work I'll come up with something else but for now - wish me luck! :-)

StampinGoodDeeds 08-30-2012 12:28 PM

ooooooooo... a new pattern? For you!? Can't wait to see it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by shereel (Post 19647480)
I'm making purses. I found a cute pattern at the quilt shop.


StampinGoodDeeds 08-30-2012 12:31 PM

I love shrink plastic, but have found a couple of things:
One, I use a lower heat than they say, and I use the oven not the heat gun but only because I usually have a lot to do at once.
Two, I use parchment paper to put them on, and a layer on top too to keep them from rolling over or touching each other...
Always make extras just in case
Remember that ink colors intensify as it shrinks so don't use too dark or too much print as then its hard to see when it shrinks.

Have fun!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BfloStamp (Post 19648579)
I'll tell you all what I'm going to try - I found instructions for shrinky dink bracelets on a craft blog - they look really cute but I've never worked with shrinky dink before. If it doesn't work I'll come up with something else but for now - wish me luck! :-)


StampinGoodDeeds 08-30-2012 12:32 PM

Its awfully quiet on here... has everyone gone back to school???

mrslaporte 08-30-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds (Post 19653372)
Its awfully quiet on here... has everyone gone back to school???

Not me or my kiddos... they start Tuesday. Been working enough to keep me busy- I'm still working on my idea.

Stamp Wizard 08-30-2012 06:19 PM

OK, Susan!

I'm convinced by you and BfloStamp that I should join the swap.

If no one has taken the EYE GLASSES CASE idea, I would like to do that. I saw several cute ones on the link.

Thank you! :)


Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds (Post 19645509)
Understandable... perhaps look for something very lightweight! :) I know we are all keeping postage in mind on swapping nowadays. Fabric items like small wallets or glasses cases or crocheted necklaces or hair items... all lightweight and fit in an envelope... :)


StampinGoodDeeds 08-31-2012 02:29 PM

Hi Sandra - Absolutely!

Travanna 09-01-2012 10:34 AM

I want to play too! I am not sure yet exactly what I will make but there's enough stuff in this craft room that surely I can find something to make? Ohhh, I think this is going to be fun!!!

StampinGoodDeeds 09-02-2012 02:47 PM

Welcome to our fun, Cheryl! Glad you can join us!

BfloStamp 09-03-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds (Post 19653369)
I love shrink plastic, but have found a couple of things:
One, I use a lower heat than they say, and I use the oven not the heat gun but only because I usually have a lot to do at once.
Two, I use parchment paper to put them on, and a layer on top too to keep them from rolling over or touching each other...
Always make extras just in case
Remember that ink colors intensify as it shrinks so don't use too dark or too much print as then its hard to see when it shrinks.

Have fun!!!

I very much appreciate the advice! I've been stampin and coloring images - but I know that eventually I'll have to do the heat thing!

stampinot 09-03-2012 03:05 PM

I will take a spot
 
I am making bottlecap zipper pulls

raquelita_uno 09-03-2012 03:44 PM

Could I please have a spot? I was thinking either a set of 6 wine glass charms or luggage tags. Not sure if I can narrow it down just yet!

CherryLime 09-03-2012 10:38 PM

I'm thinking snap bags for one spot and tote bags for the other.

ladylovestostamp 09-05-2012 06:38 AM

Susan may I have one spot please.

shereel 09-05-2012 12:08 PM

I cut out my bags last night. I'm excited to make them. I just found out I"m teaching 2 Friday sewing classes so I'm excited.

raquelita_uno 09-05-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raquelita_uno (Post 19661494)
Could I please have a spot? I was thinking either a set of 6 wine glass charms or luggage tags. Not sure if I can narrow it down just yet!

I didn't see my name added to the participants' list, and then thought that maybe my wording was confusing! If you have enough participants, may I have TWO spots. One for luggage tags and one for wine charms.

StampinGoodDeeds 09-06-2012 05:38 AM

Wow... its been super busy at work for me this week but I see its super busy here too! I hope I have everyone updated correctly! If not, let me know!!!

StampinGoodDeeds 09-06-2012 05:39 AM

Loving the ideas BTW!!!!

stampinot 09-07-2012 03:00 PM

TGIF!
 
Making my Zipper pulls. These are so much fun. Bottlecaps are addictive

shereel 09-07-2012 03:39 PM

I plan to sew some on these tonight I need a stress relief. I need one for a school sample also.

StampinGoodDeeds 09-09-2012 10:51 AM

Spread the word too! Swapping is slowing on SCS, let's get it going again!

mrslaporte 09-09-2012 01:38 PM

I'm stopping by to wave. :)

galet1 09-10-2012 04:13 AM

I really want to participate, but am waiting to join until after I create something! LOL....lurking for now...


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:08 AM.