Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   3-D Items, Specialty Cards, and Tags (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/)
-   -   COMPLETED Christmas/Holiday Ornament and Card Swap (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/completed-christmas-holiday-ornament-card-swap-t562923.html)

artisticsole 10-20-2012 11:30 AM

COMPLETED Christmas/Holiday Ornament and Card Swap
 
Christmas/Holiday Ornament and Card Swap

My husband's family has a tradition of swapping ornaments with each other every year and I thought what a great swap this would make!

The Details: This will be a swap where you are given 4 partners and you send an Ornament and a card to each partner. Since this will be sent directly to your partners from you, when you sign up you agree to follow through...I know life comes up, but try to plan ahead and get your items to your partners ASAP!! Rather than waiting for everyone to sign up, I will start a running list. You will send to the 4 people under your name. You're welcome to take more than one spot. If you're taking more than one spot, I'll place you in different groups so you'll receive a variety from different people. You will know who to send to and who is sending to you. You MUST have these to your partners no later than December 7th!! NO EXCEPTIONS!! You are REQUIRED to THANK your super awesome partners for their generosity. As always, if you can take a pic of what you get to share with all of us, that would be appreciated too!!

You may purchase pre-made ornaments and cards or you can upcycle some with your own personal touches or make your own. Make sure to include a personal message inside your card or a post-it with your name and SCS so your partners will know who to thank! These should be fairly inexpensive to send. I'm not putting a spending limit or size requirement on this swap, so anything goes!

*Please be aware that some people's creative talents may be different than yours and even if something isn't in your style, please be kind and appreciative of what you receive* I will not tolerate any RUDE or NASTY behaviors from anyone!


International and Newbies are welcome to play!!

Most of all have fun with this and share in the Holiday Spirit!

Who would like to join me?--

Make sure to send me your address so I can put them together and send them to each group!!

and when you join let me know if you are willing to send US ONLY OR INTERNATIONAL AND US!!


Group 1 USA
1. Babygoofus-nothing religious please Received from: Joan7356, Artisticsole, Mauiueno
2. Joan7356-nothing religious please Received from: Babygoofus, Mauiueno, Artisticsole
3. Artisticsole Received from: Babygoofus, Joan7356, jejenc, mauiueno
4. jejenc Received from: Joan7356, mauiueno, Artisticsole, babygoofus (?)
5. mauiueno

Group 2 USA
1. jejenc Received from: StampinGoodDeeds, Teach0123, Travanna
2. Travanna Received from: StampinGoodDeeds and hasn't checked in since
3. pele443--FTC--teach0123 sent to wrong group--
4. StampinGoodDeeds Received from: Teach0123, jejenc, travanna (?)

Group 3 USA
1. teach0123--sent to wrong group so hostess will angel!
2. Mstallo1 Received from Pookiestats
3. PookieStats Received from Mstallo1, Artisticsole
4. Artisticsole Received from Pookiestats, Mstallo1,


Joan7356 10-20-2012 01:00 PM

Perhaps... just sent you a PM with a question.

Travanna 10-20-2012 01:01 PM

I would love to join this swap! Please sign me up for 2 spots. Thank you. It isn't even the holiday season yet but I am thoroughly enjoying the different swaps for Christmas!

artisticsole 10-20-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travanna (Post 19767642)
I would love to join this swap! Please sign me up for 2 spots. Thank you. It isn't even the holiday season yet but I am thoroughly enjoying the different swaps for Christmas!

YaY!! Thanks for joining Travanna! Make sure to send me your address and let me know if you want USA only or willing to ship Internationally! :)

babygoofus 10-20-2012 02:29 PM

You can sign me up for a spot please. US Only. I think you have me address already... from the stocking swap!!!!

And can I add.... nothing religious please.

artisticsole 10-20-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babygoofus (Post 19767786)
You can sign me up for a spot please. US Only. I think you have me address already... from the stocking swap!!!!

And can I add.... nothing religious please.

Yep have your Addie so you're good! And I'll put a little note by your name for nothing religious ;)

Joan7356 10-20-2012 02:38 PM

Me, please.

US only.

Nothing religious for me either.

Stamp Wizard 10-20-2012 02:48 PM

Peggie

This sounds like a fun swap but I won't be joining. I don't decorate for Christmas anymore since no one visits me and I don't put up a tree. I would not want to get some beautiful ornaments just to re-gift them to someone else. That wouldn't be appropriate (in my thinking).

I'll keep lurking and maybe I'll see some pictures of beautiful ornaments. ;)

artisticsole 10-20-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard (Post 19767821)
Peggie

This sounds like a fun swap but I won't be joining. I don't decorate for Christmas anymore since no one visits me and I don't put up a tree. I would not want to get some beautiful ornaments just to re-gift them to someone else. That wouldn't be appropriate (in my thinking).

I'll keep lurking and maybe I'll see some pictures of beautiful ornaments. ;)

Well you could always donate the ornaments to your local Festival of Trees....always a good cause there and I'm sure no one would mind! Wouldn't happy mail be wonderful during the holidays? ((Twisting your arm lightly))

jejenc 10-20-2012 05:15 PM

Hey Peggie! I would love to join this swap! I will take 2 spots. US only. Thanks so much! You may have my address, but I will send it anyway! :)

mauiueno 10-20-2012 05:41 PM

Would love join - need to be US only for this swap!

nsmac1 10-21-2012 09:23 AM

I'm a maybe. Let me get home and settled from vacay and think on it. I gotta seriously get started in the comp book swap so we'll see.

artisticsole 10-22-2012 08:28 AM

Welcome Jejenc and Mauiueno!! Our first group of USA is filled! Look for a message with addresses and who you need to send to! :)

artisticsole 10-22-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsmac1 (Post 19769115)
I'm a maybe. Let me get home and settled from vacay and think on it. I gotta seriously get started in the comp book swap so we'll see.

Chop Chop Sabrina!! You're missing out on all the fun while on vaca!!

Angie1974 10-22-2012 10:45 AM

Hmmmm....have considered, but will have to pass, as mailing in Canada would have been preferable. Especially as these packages are likely to be bulky and costly to mail. But, it sounds like great fun!

StampinGoodDeeds 10-22-2012 11:27 AM

Hey ladies, I'm in for a spot. I'm okay with U.S. or Canada. I would actually PREFER to receive ones that are CHRISTmas (Christian religious), music (DH is a Christian Musician) or snow/silver as themes, as those are the themes on the trees in our home, if that works out for others. :)

Angie -- What about doing a cool paper ornament? For the sake of mailing internationally, I think a flat ornament out of cardstock would be fine! Or even something like a polymer clay one that is fairly flat, or a shrink plastic, or similar, that you can put in a cardboard small envelope for example. Those are some ideas I think I'll play with myself. I love the way the multi-layer Cricut ones come out, even just made some cute Santa ones myself with the velveteen cardstock/DSP for his suit and loved how they look, and it would make a cute tag or ornament.
Another idea, what about a crocheted snowflake for example as an ornament?
Last year saw some cute ones too that I received in a swap that were little finger puppet types made from the fingers of gloves!
Paper doll types too would be cute. Snowflake clusters. Santa and reindeer. Tim Holtz tag styles.
All lightweight and flat. :)
Just some thoughts!

Travanna 10-22-2012 12:06 PM

JCI- I am working on cleaning up my new craft area (we just moved into DD's home and I have been given half the garage for my crafting.) and then I will be busy crafting away! The cleaning and sorting part is in the way right now for crafting! Think I will recruit the grandkids to help out this afternoon.

pele443 10-22-2012 01:37 PM

Oh, I love this. May I have a spot?

teach0123 10-22-2012 01:40 PM

I'd like to have a spot, too!

Angie1974 10-22-2012 07:05 PM

Susan,

Thanks! Those are great ideas, but believe me, NO ONE wants to see what kind of ornament I might be able to create. I think I'll spare everyone, LOL. I know some people underestimate themselves, but in my case I pretty much know I truely cannot create altered items of any kind. I do kind of okay with the stamping/card-making, but really don't have other "crafty" skills.

Stamp Wizard 10-23-2012 10:52 AM

Peggie
When you say 'international' are you talking about Canada? Do we ever get swappers from other countries (besides APO addresses)?
Can anyone give me an idea of how much it costs to mail to Canada? I don't think I've ever sent anything there.
I actually thought of an ornament I could make (in time) for this swap....still not sure though. :confused:

artisticsole 10-23-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard (Post 19773583)
Peggie
When you say 'international' are you talking about Canada? Do we ever get swappers from other countries (besides APO addresses)?
Can anyone give me an idea of how much it costs to mail to Canada? I don't think I've ever sent anything there.
I actually thought of an ornament I could make (in time) for this swap....still not sure though. :confused:

Mainly Canada....I've only had one or two from Australia in the 4 years I've been actively hostessing.

Cost to mail to Canada runs:

for 3oz in an envelope with a "ridgid" object--$1.69

for 5oz same as above--$2.10

for 8oz same as above--$2.55

That's flat mailings for the size of a card--if it's too bulky the post office will consider it a large envie and then the price goes way up. On 8oz on a bulky package you could spend $4.05!

StampinGoodDeeds 10-23-2012 12:22 PM

Angie -- I think you are being waaaaayyyyy tooo modest!!!!

Have you seen the new SU set for ornaments? (I saw it through Stamp Wizard's link in her posts above!) Christmas Gift Promotion - by Stampin' Up!

And if you haven't seen Holly Berry House Medallion stamps, look at these ideas for how they take a stamp and layer it several times to create a 3D ornament: Holly Berry House Originals - Sample Boards - Christmas Medallion Ornaments
(I used to live in CO Springs where they are located and took one of their classes -- absolutely awesome ideas!)

Oooh, just look at these too, their Mission Bells -- http://hollyberryhouse.com/hbh/ras-bells.html --Click on the picture of them to see the detail. And the instructions are there on how to make them too. I think you could send them flat with the instruction of how to finish it off, couldn't you?

They all make fairly flat ornaments and lightweight but gorgeous!

artisticsole 10-23-2012 12:49 PM

You go Susan!! Woohoo!! We'll get her to join in yet!!

artisticsole 10-23-2012 12:51 PM

StampinGoodDeeds, pele443 and teach0123 I have you ladies down!!


Sunshine and Olivia, you both live next to each other, would you like me to put you in seperate groups or does it matter?

artisticsole 10-23-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travanna (Post 19771422)
JCI- I am working on cleaning up my new craft area (we just moved into DD's home and I have been given half the garage for my crafting.) and then I will be busy crafting away! The cleaning and sorting part is in the way right now for crafting! Think I will recruit the grandkids to help out this afternoon.

Better hurry and get your crafting on!! Put them kids to work!! :D

Stamp Wizard 10-23-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds (Post 19773786)
Angie -- I think you are being waaaaayyyyy tooo modest!!!!

Have you seen the new SU set for ornaments? (I saw it through Stamp Wizard's link in her posts above!) Christmas Gift Promotion - by Stampin' Up!

Susan
thanks for mentioning my Stampin' Up! business.
I have made several of these ornaments and they are truly beautiful! I'm thinking of giving some of these as Christmas presents!

babygoofus 10-23-2012 01:12 PM

I am an SU demo too but I have not tackled any of the ornaments yet. I am ordering the stamps and dies to give them a try. They look great!

mstallo1 10-23-2012 06:11 PM

I would like a spot please. Would like to mail US only Please...thank you so much!!!! my mind is going crazy thinking about what to make...

artisticsole 10-23-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstallo1 (Post 19774470)
I would like a spot please. Would like to mail US only Please...thank you so much!!!! my mind is going crazy thinking about what to make...

Thanks for joining! I'll shuffle some names and get group 2 going and possibly group 3.....

artisticsole 10-23-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babygoofus (Post 19773861)
I am an SU demo too but I have not tackled any of the ornaments yet. I am ordering the stamps and dies to give them a try. They look great!

I've never made any either...so when you make yours post pics!

Stamp Wizard 10-24-2012 12:14 AM

http://sandrascraftstudio.files.word...nt-1.jpg?w=300

This is one of the two holiday ornaments from the Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog I've made. This one is made with the Designer Series Paper and the ornament dies.

mauiueno 10-24-2012 01:04 AM

That is such a beautiful ornament!

StampinGoodDeeds 10-24-2012 07:26 AM

MICHELLE!!! Hi!!! How are you? How's everyone doing? Long time no chat!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by mstallo1 (Post 19774470)
I would like a spot please. Would like to mail US only Please...thank you so much!!!! my mind is going crazy thinking about what to make...


StampinGoodDeeds 10-24-2012 07:28 AM

Peggie -- If you need to move me to USA/International, that is fine too. I'm good either way.

PookieStats 10-24-2012 11:36 AM

I would like to sign up too!! US only, and nothing religeous, please. Yay! So much great stuff to do, I'm stoked! :D

Stamp Wizard 10-24-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauiueno (Post 19774896)
That is such a beautiful ornament!

Thank you! I'm thinking of selling some of these at a Holiday craft fair in early December. They are 5 inches in diameter and stand up about 1.5 inches. I'm thinking of putting a price of $15.00 on them. Do you think that's too much? They take several hours to make since each of the petals must me cut out with the Framelits die (there are 20 petals of the red and 20 of the green).

Anyone else have any thoughts, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

mstallo1 10-24-2012 06:20 PM

thank you so much for allowing me to join...I am so glad to see everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by artisticsole (Post 19774767)
Thanks for joining! I'll shuffle some names and get group 2 going and possibly group 3.....


mstallo1 10-24-2012 06:21 PM

Im good I will pm you tomorrow...hugs


Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds (Post 19775423)
MICHELLE!!! Hi!!! How are you? How's everyone doing? Long time no chat!!!


artisticsole 10-25-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard (Post 19774881)
http://sandrascraftstudio.files.word...nt-1.jpg?w=300

This is one of the two holiday ornaments from the Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog I've made. This one is made with the Designer Series Paper and the ornament dies.

I was looking for a "like" button!! Ha ha!! That is BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't believe that is made from paper!!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:38 PM.