Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   3-D Items, Specialty Cards, and Tags (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/)
-   -   COMPLETE **Altered Container with a TWIST Swap** Due August 2, 2013 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/complete-%2A%2Aaltered-container-twist-swap%2A%2A-due-august-2-2013-a-t572800.html)

artisticsole 05-07-2013 01:55 PM

COMPLETE **Altered Container with a TWIST Swap** Due August 2, 2013

Altered Container with a TWIST Swap

We're going GREEN again!! Green with recycling!! There are so many great ideas on YouTube and Pinterest for repurposing containers you would normally throw away. Let's repurpose some containers and mark off some of those Pinterest ideas you know you have and want to make! The first round I hosted of this was wonderful and I've decided to bring it back for a 2nd round!

Quantity: 3 (send in 3 receive 3 back--hostess is participating!)

Due Date: The due date has been extended from August 2, 2013 to Aug 16th--even me as the hostess is behind on this!! So 2 weeks extra for us all!! (this is the day it is due in my hands. I will swap out that weekend and have them postal on monday, August 19th (if they're all in!)

No vendor requirements, but make something you would be willing to use or would give as a gift to someone :)

Newbies and International swappers are always welcome!!
I take photos of all items that come in. If you find a certain container that's your style or that you like, I accept requests (dibs). Feel free to PM me or post on the thread! I like to make sure all my swappers get something back they will love and cherish!

DEETS: For this swap you will pick something to ALTER-- look for something that you wouldn't always recycle. If you aren't sure what to alter look for links in the next post to give you inspiration!! There are all kinds of wonderful containers that need to be repurposed and what a way to recycle!! I'm doing 2 categories as well. Small/Medium containers and Large containers. This will help keep shipping reasonable for everyone! Small/Medium are crystal light/tin can size and smaller--large will be cottage cheese/baby wipe container and larger. So make sure to pick a size when you sign up!

You need to use at least 4 techniques or embellishments on your container. This can be glitter, ribbon, fiber, inchies, twinchies, buttons, brads, eyelets, embossing, stamping, bling, flowers, and the list can go on and on...Make sure you use at least 4 different techniques or embellishments. The next step is to pick a THEME for your container--you can pick any theme you'd like--

The TWIST is to fill your container with items that go with your theme. I'll put the minimum at 4 different items and they need to fit inside your container and fill it. Of course handmade and recycled would be the perfect thing for this swap, but you are welcome to purchase items. For example: if you did a Vintage theme then you could include: hand dyed Lace, lace trims, flowers (can be store bought or handmade), and buttons (plastic, chipboard, ect)....a Sewing theme could include hat/corsage pins, rickrack, mini images, fabric swatches, ect....a Garden theme could include a mini journal, pencil, seeds, and a bandana or A FLOWER FAIRY THEME that could include--handmade flowers, storebought flowers, ribbon and images of fairies or A FROGGY THEME and include images of frogs, mini 3x3 cards with little envies, some froggy stickers and froggy die-cuts...A BABY THEME and include little safety pins, images of babies, baby die-cuts and buttons.....A CHRISTMAS THEME...and include ribbon, bling, die-cuts or stickers of ornaments and trees, and stamped images......I'm sure I can think of more ideas, but feel free to post ideas that you come up with too!!

Please be sure to include at least 4 different items in your container

Shipping: Keep in mind shipping costs..what you send in could be a different size and weight than what you send in. Send in as much postage as it took for you to mail plus a few extra stamps or $$. Any stamps or $$ not used will be returned to you.When you're ready to mail:

*You can send cash, paypal, or stamps for return postage (just pm me for my email address if you'd like to use paypal for your return $$). I print off labels for those who send cash or paypal and that includes delivery confirmation.
*For stamps include as much postage as it took for you to send plus a few extra stamps. I'll return anything that's not used. I'll reuse any envelopes/boxes that I can. If you have any questions just ask!

When you're ready to ship:
Peggie/Artisticsole--NEW ADDIE!
641 Wedge Lane
Fernely NV 89408

If for some reason you join then aren't able to follow through, please just PM me. I understand that life happens, but be courteous and let me know!

Who would like to join me??

[COLOR="blue"]Blue when received

Small/Medium Containers (crystal light and smaller)
1. jn_leger--dropped
Received2. nsmac1-Halloween (dibs-onecowfarm)

1Z97054890404917983. Cherrylime--Monochromatic Circles
94001096999387411185794. onecowfarm--Blue and Orange Dream-
94055096999387411186645. mariel0012
Received 6. Jacque--Altered TP Rolls
Received 7. Artisticsole--Vintage Box (dibs Onecowfarm)
Received 8. Artisticsole-Egyptian Cat

Large Containers (cottage cheese and up)
9405509699938740996577 1. Shereel
9405509699938741118589 2.pookiestats

FTC
3. Mimsymarie
4. sanaurascraps-shabby chic

artisticsole 05-07-2013 01:57 PM

saving...still editing

jn_leger 05-07-2013 02:03 PM

Me! Me! I loved the first round of this swap!

nsmac1 05-07-2013 04:45 PM

Ive already got my containers but no idea on theme. Theyre kinda small.....

jn_leger 05-07-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsmac1 (Post 20151544)
Ive already got my containers but no idea on theme. Theyre kinda small.....

Mine are going to be small too, shipping to the states has gotten ridiculous!!!

Donette 05-07-2013 10:58 PM

I think I will join. Our move should be over in June and I can do some fun stuff. (cross your fingers).

nsmac1 05-08-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jn_leger (Post 20152007)
Mine are going to be small too, shipping to the states has gotten ridiculous!!!

Shipping in general has. Ya totally sucks.

artisticsole 05-09-2013 09:42 AM

I know...shipping is ridiculous outside the US!! I'll have 2 catagories...small/med and large. Small is crystal light container and smaller. Large will be cottage cheese container and up...how's that sound?? That way you'll get a nice variety but still keep the postage reasonable!

Lazorkay 05-09-2013 09:48 AM

Are all 3 containers to be the same?

thinking about this.

mauiueno 05-09-2013 11:02 AM

Thinking about this one too. - I LOVE this idea!

shereel 05-09-2013 11:16 AM

Did you have to say cottage carton? I just put 6 in the cupboard. I'm in for a spot.

artisticsole 05-09-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazorkay (Post 20154400)
Are all 3 containers to be the same?

thinking about this.

They can all be different and you can do different sizes, it's up to you. Whatever you send in I'll swap you size for size or close to it...that way you'll get a nice variety...and you can do a different theme for each container..... I know in my house I have 3 different containers a week that go in the trash so thought this would be a way to repurpose them!

artisticsole 05-09-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauiueno (Post 20154506)
Thinking about this one too. - I LOVE this idea!

I know!! and you KNOW you have a ton of things sitting around calling your name! "Alter me, Alter me, Alter me" hee hee!!

artisticsole 05-09-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shereel (Post 20154523)
Did you have to say cottage carton? I just put 6 in the cupboard. I'm in for a spot.

I had you at that one didn't I! Why didn't I just put you on the board Sheree!!! hee hee!!

jn_leger 05-09-2013 01:55 PM

I was going to use altoid tins, but a little birdie told me I should keep them for the future...hehehe :)

CherryLime 05-09-2013 02:55 PM

Well, since these are due on my birthday....I guess I'm in. I will take a spot in the small catergory to start.

SanuraScraps 05-09-2013 03:37 PM

This sounds interesting. ..I will do these over the summer..count me in....

pamper1 05-09-2013 04:01 PM

thinking

nsmac1 05-09-2013 04:50 PM

I know my theme because of what will fit inside my container LOL. My theme will be halloween in the small category.

NYTripletMommy 05-09-2013 05:07 PM

Please sign me up for large. Might have to do a small also but got to get some ideas first!

I just love your swap ideas!

onecowfarm 05-09-2013 07:24 PM

Count me in and consider me super excited... Small size please:)

Donette 05-09-2013 10:33 PM

Better make mine large because one thing I am thinking about won't fit in Crystal Light container.

mimsymarie 05-11-2013 11:01 AM

Count me in for a large container

jn_leger 05-11-2013 01:26 PM

Got my containers and theme...the Secret Garden :)

mariel0012 05-12-2013 07:45 PM

count me in for a small

artisticsole 05-13-2013 06:47 PM

I put in my garden this weekend and I tell ya it was WORK!! But a great mother's day gift....so I need a chance to get caught up on the thread!! :)

artisticsole 05-13-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jn_leger (Post 20154703)
I was going to use altoid tins, but a little birdie told me I should keep them for the future...hehehe :)

YES!! I gotta post my next mind-boggling swap creation....do you hear it...it's calling.....prepare yourselves!!!

artisticsole 05-13-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamper1 (Post 20154910)
thinking

"thinking" ummmm no...there's no thinking allowed...that can get you in trouble if you actually think....I KNOW you should just join in....so.... just do it!! Besides I do offer DIBS/requests as an incentive....just sayin.......:)

artisticsole 05-13-2013 06:53 PM

OMG!! Thank you to all who are jumping right in!!!! YAY!!! I can tell you from past experience these will be AMAZING!!!....ooooo already the themes are blooming....I can feel the creative energy...woohooooo.....

onecowfarm 05-14-2013 06:01 PM

Ok do you have to make all four the same, as in same container and same design... only asking because I have a pill bottle and a awesome bottle jar thing ... but if I need four the same I will rethink...

artisticsole 05-16-2013 10:13 AM

Nope they can all be different...and I'll even say if you want 2 small and 2 large I might be able to accomodate that as well....I am pretty talented at swapping these things out :) Not to toot my own horn....but....well...ya know.... :)

artisticsole 05-16-2013 10:15 AM

Ok ladies, keep this puppy bumped up...I'm going road trippin' and then to Idaho's largest garage sale....I am actually going for the food! I figure things will be pretty pricey there so the thought of deep fried goodness is drawing me!! I'll let you know if I do find anything of interest...not that I need to add any other thing to my list of "alter"able items but....well...ya know how I am :) bwahahahaha

mauiueno 05-16-2013 10:33 AM

Have fun yard saleing! Feel free to toot away (horn) - you are terrific!

artisticsole 05-16-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauiueno (Post 20164226)
Have fun yard saleing! Feel free to toot away (horn) - you are terrific!

awwwww shucks! Thanks!! Gives you more ideas too!! hee hee!!

gramak8e 05-16-2013 02:34 PM

subbing for now....

babygoofus 05-16-2013 05:15 PM

ok sign me up for a small/medium size. I have no idea what I am going to use for containers but figure I have a few months to come up with something. I might change to the bigger size depending on what I find.

onecowfarm 05-17-2013 04:22 AM

well enjoy fried food... and just garage sale browsing... sounds fun!

amymcgs 05-18-2013 07:04 AM

Following this thread....sounds fun, but I need to be sure I have time. I haven't done any swaps in a long while now, but as I'm cleaning out my neglected craft room I'm finding all kinds of goodies and this swap might be a perfect way to share some of those treasures. :)

artisticsole 05-20-2013 10:50 AM

Checking in for a moment...I'm away from home till tomorrow and iPhone screens are SMALL when you go to edit so I'll update the swap when I get home!!

And this is the perfect swap to help clean out a craft room ;) lol

PookieStats 05-20-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onecowfarm (Post 20161840)
Ok do you have to make all four the same, as in same container and same design... only asking because I have a pill bottle and a awesome bottle jar thing ... but if I need four the same I will rethink...

It is only 3, but I agree that a mix would be fun! :)

Peggie, if you want to do a third category for people who would want to do a mix, I'll join that one. I'm ok with paying postage for whatever size I recieve big or small.