Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   3-D Items, Specialty Cards, and Tags (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/)
-   -   ****Please check in**** Tags, due 1 June (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/%2A%2A%2A%2Aplease-check-%2A%2A%2A%2A-tags-due-1-june-t569239.html)

dhayes1 02-22-2013 02:29 AM

****Please check in**** Tags, due 1 June
 
Tags of your choice, either use shipping tags, they are usually 3 3/8 x 6, Sizzix dies are about 3 1/2x6,
on your Cricut, or hand cut them with your trimmer and make your tags 4X6, make them out of cardboard, heavy cardstock or chipboard.

The due date will be the June 1
This will be a 5+1

requirements:

1.Good quality materials are required.
2.must have ribbon and lace.
3. must have metal (can be metal tape, charm, broken metal jewelry, etc) and distressing.
4. must have color.
5. must have bling


plus at least of the choices in of the "optional" field

optional
1. stamping.
2. seed or microbeads
3. flower(s)



Please use lots of embellishments and make each tag something you are proud of. Include as many mediums as you like. run with your creativity.

Lets keep this flaker free, flakers have been and will be reported. But I do realize life happens and some times people have to pull out for one reason or another, so please if that happens let me know ahead of time so that if I have to try to angle the spot I can try to get the word out and work on that,

Packaging: - Please place your finished tags in a Ziploc type bag with your SCS name AND real name included. .
Send a pre addressed envie with the same amount of postage attached and 2 extra stamps inside your ziplock bag. Or if you would like, I will re-use the envie that you send, if so send an addressed label and at least the same amount of postage as it took to mail to me + 2 additional stamps NO metered strips!!! metered strips are dated and they are only accepted by the post office on that date All unused postage will be returned

Ladies, please remember that for each spot that you sign up for, those 6 tags within that spot are to be the same (slight difference is of) so if you have your name on the list 2 time there should ONLY be 2 different patterns.


When your ready to ship please send it to:
Debbie Hayes
5710 Angela Ave
Riverside Ca. 92509


Red shows your package has been received

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.

dhayes1 02-22-2013 02:30 AM

New swap girls who wants to be first???

CherryLime 02-22-2013 10:33 AM

I'll start off and take two spots.....

dhayes1 02-22-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryLime (Post 20020986)
I'll start off and take two spots.....

GREAT, thanks for joining

jn_leger 02-22-2013 01:57 PM

Thinking about it....

dhayes1 02-23-2013 12:05 AM

bmp

scraphead 02-23-2013 06:50 PM

Thinking about it

dhayes1 02-23-2013 11:44 PM

bmp

klb1082 02-24-2013 08:15 AM

Debbie, please put me down for 1 spot for now. I might add another later if I can.
Of the options, I choose STAMP. Off to Michaels! :)

Redfern 02-24-2013 08:35 AM

Hi Debbie - I will take one spot!

Thanks -

paper73 02-24-2013 09:14 AM

Thinking................................!

dhayes1 02-24-2013 01:47 PM

Thanks Kari and Barb I have you both on the list

dhayes1 02-24-2013 03:03 PM

hope your all having a good Sunday

jn_leger 02-24-2013 06:46 PM

After reviewing the requirements list again, I have an idea, so sign me up for one spot. I have interpreted the requirements as Tim Holtz style tags, so that's what I will be doing!

dhayes1 02-25-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jn_leger (Post 20026060)
After reviewing the requirements list again, I have an idea, so sign me up for one spot. I have interpreted the requirements as Tim Holtz style tags, so that's what I will be doing!

Great I have you on the list...Thanks for joining

Lazorkay 02-25-2013 07:53 AM

I don't know if I will have the time. Let me think on it.

dhayes1 02-25-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazorkay (Post 20026723)
I don't know if I will have the time. Let me think on it.

I hope you can join.

dhayes1 02-25-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazorkay (Post 20026723)
I don't know if I will have the time. Let me think on it.

I hope you can join.

dhayes1 02-25-2013 06:46 PM

sorry, didn't mean to send that again, I walked away from the computer and forgot to close that out so when I came back I just figured that I didn't send....so I sent it...then I see that I had already done that

Lazorkay 02-26-2013 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 269151


just getting an idea of what would be acceptable.

Does anyone like this one and does it meet the requirements?

dhayes1 02-26-2013 03:47 PM

as long as it has ribbon and lace, some sort of metal and something on the tag is distressed....it DEFINITELY has color, and I think I see bling there it is very pretty

klb1082 02-27-2013 07:39 AM

Hi ladies. I'm working on these and have even started a new swap.
Please check it out: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...a-t569209.html

dhayes1 02-27-2013 06:23 PM

bmp

dhayes1 03-01-2013 01:33 PM

we need players please

dhayes1 03-02-2013 03:08 PM

still looking for players

libreeder@aol.com 03-03-2013 02:01 AM

I'm hesitant to join because of the metal requirement. Do you have a link with the use of metal tape? I've never heard of it. Also, do you know of a online store where I can order inexpensive charms?

Madonna

dhayes1 03-03-2013 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libreeder@aol.com (Post 20038346)
I'm hesitant to join because of the metal requirement. Do you have a link with the use of metal tape? I've never heard of it. Also, do you know of a online store where I can order inexpensive charms?

Madonna

There is a company that is called Oriental trading their website is orientaltrading.com I have bought allot from them over the years and every now and then they have free shipping (normally it's free shipping on anything over $49.)

as far as the tape, I used it on tags for Christmas and ran it through my big shot for the embossing effect, really looked cute....

you could use alum. foil.... right now I'm in on an atc swap and I have taken some of those coffee sleeves and used the inside...I scrunched up then straightened out the foil, painted it black then wiped it off, glued it to the inside of the coffee sleeve, when dry I used a little gold rub n buff...

but the metal can be a metal charm, clip, chain, or dangle of some sort, look through your stash, or the junk drawer in the house, or sneak out and see if DH might have some washers, screws bolts, chicken wire, just see what you might have around the house that's metal.

libreeder@aol.com 03-03-2013 06:46 AM

Thanks for the ideas.

I googled metal and I'm going to try embossing soda can metal. There was a great You Tube video showing this. I love it when the supplies are free (lol).

I've used Oriental Trading. Their shipping is really slow and they and they no longer offer free shipping to APOs, so I rarely use them. But I'll check their site.

I also just ordered a roll of aluminum tape from Amazon; I saw that on You Tube too.

I'll sign up for 2 slots and maybe another one later.

Redfern 03-03-2013 07:01 AM

Good Morning from the great NW -- Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. Hope to start putting together some ideas for this swap today. This is a real stretch for my imagination, which is one reason I decided to sign up. Wish me luck! :)

libreeder@aol.com 03-03-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redfern (Post 20038584)
Good Morning from the great NW -- Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. Hope to start putting together some ideas for this swap today. This is a real stretch for my imagination, which is one reason I decided to sign up. Wish me luck! :)

It's a stretch for me too. I never put that many embellishments on anything before.

dhayes1 03-03-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libreeder@aol.com (Post 20038558)
Thanks for the ideas.

I googled metal and I'm going to try embossing soda can metal. There was a great You Tube video showing this. I love it when the supplies are free (lol).

I've used Oriental Trading. Their shipping is really slow and they and they no longer offer free shipping to APOs, so I rarely use them. But I'll check their site.

I also just ordered a roll of aluminum tape from Amazon; I saw that on You Tube too.

I'll sign up for 2 slots and maybe another one later.



I always forget about the soft drink cans...Great possibilities esp. if you can use the printed side to your advantage
Thats to bad about OTC not doing the free shipping to APO's

Thanks for joining, I'll get you on the list right now.......Debbie

dhayes1 03-03-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libreeder@aol.com (Post 20038838)
It's a stretch for me too. I never put that many embellishments on anything before.

a stretch, I know... that's why I joined a steampunk atc swap, never have done that before, so I figured I'd finally take the leap and just do it. sometimes I like the thought of more is better

dhayes1 03-04-2013 02:23 PM

it's a beautiful sunny afternoon here in Riverside Ca. Hope all is well with everyone

dhayes1 03-04-2013 10:01 PM

bumpin for players

Redfern 03-05-2013 06:59 PM

Rainy day in the NW, but sun is promised for the weekend. Can't wait. Hope to get some yard work done. My son in Columbus tells me they are expecting some major snow. Brrrrrr. I'll take the rain.

dhayes1 03-05-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redfern (Post 20043501)
Rainy day in the NW, but sun is promised for the weekend. Can't wait. Hope to get some yard work done. My son in Columbus tells me they are expecting some major snow. Brrrrrr. I'll take the rain.

they are calling for rain here (I think I heard) tomorrow and Thurs, but a dry wkend, I miss looking out the windows and seeing the freshly fallen snow and the ice glistening in the trees but I don't like being IN the weather, and driving in it scares me to death, the older I get the worse I feel about it.

dhayes1 03-07-2013 12:32 PM

bump

Redfern 03-07-2013 06:15 PM

What a gorgeous day we had today. Sunny and almost 60. I think it's supposed to be dry until Sunday now. Went shopping for a few embellishments for this swap. Now to decide how they will go together. Hope everyone will have a great weekend.

dhayes1 03-07-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redfern (Post 20046829)
What a gorgeous day we had today. Sunny and almost 60. I think it's supposed to be dry until Sunday now. Went shopping for a few embellishments for this swap. Now to decide how they will go together. Hope everyone will have a great weekend.

Sounds like you had a good time, I went through some of my crates that are in storage and got some of the things I need for a couple swaps I'm in and I came across a container of pictures that I had sorted ready to scrap, so I think I'll go through them to see if I want to make some pages (don't remember what photos are there)

dhayes1 03-08-2013 06:58 PM

we need some more name


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:09 PM.