Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to lindac007
Default POSTAL RETURNING HOME Spring flowers & Animals due 2/28

This is another round of the animals & floral/garden like we finished earlier this year with success and lots of talent and fun!! This is theme of Spring or Easter! It is a 3+1 (the one being hostess) you will get back 3 items.

***Each animal or floral piece can be different They do not have to all 4 be the same!!! Use up those scrap pieces laying around! all 4 animals or floral pieces can be different paper/color/design/etc.

This is Card Candy *** each main piece needs a corresponding element also like a flower will need a basket/pot/green leaves etc Each animal needs a corresponding element piece like baby rabbit with maybe a mommy rabbit or with a small flower or on a tree log or add a 6 inch border of grass! SOMETHING NEEDS TO GO WITH THE MAIN PIECE. Example I'm thinking of a bunny I'll add a green spring plant to go with him. (I could add simply a carrot) If I thinking tulips or lilac's add a vase as accessory piece or a garden pot for the tulips. or a butterfly????? My floral piece will have a bow but my accessory piece will be a vase. Questions? Card Candy is a homemade embellishment

Remenber spring is NEW babies in animal world and in our gardens Spring is new shoots of green's and little flowers every where! Little daffadils, crocus, tulips, lilac's and all those beautiful easter flowers! Baby bunnies little deer and those cute baby chick's!

Quantity: 3+1 - The one is for the hostess (me You will not get one of your own back, so make an extra one for yourself!

We also have a choice to make a cute standard size greeting card using a either a floral spring theme or one of the spring animals!!!! This also is a 3 +1 (some beautiful spring stamps out there with spring/easter theme!!! again these cards can also each be different! They do not have to be 4 of the same!

Whatever you do it needs at least one (1) embellishment and more is always better! Add sparkle, ribbon, buttons, bling of any kind, be creative!

Vendor Products: Any stamp from any company, Cricuit and paper piecing ok also but PLEASE use very good quality cardstock. No vendor restriction on embellishments - use as many embellishments as you like and at least 1. Designer papers are encouraged, but not required.

Due Date: February 28th 2013. I will mail them as soon as I receive all swaps! If your cards are received after the due date, I may have to return them to you. Please post in the thread or send me a PM when your cards are postal.

Mailing instructions: Place swap cards in a large baggie for waterproof purposes. Write your real name, SCS name and swap name on a piece of paper or the baggie for identification purposes.

Swap Return: Please include self-addressed stamped envelope. The amount of postage on your SASE should be the same amount used to mail to hostess. Please include 2 additional stamps to insure enough postage to return swaps. Additional postage will be returned if not used. PLEASE SEND ONLY POSTAGE STAMPS, NO DATED STAMPS OR METERED MAIL--My Post Office will not take them. If you would rather use Priority mail, please include one $5.15 priority stamp and a self-addressed priority label. I will provide priority envelope. If you are mailing from outside the US, please include $5 US cash (or more for additional spots) to cover return postage, and I will return whatever is left to you.

Before 3/5 *** Mailing address: Linda Carter
8302-2 Vermissa Ct
Louisville, Ky 40222

***** IF MAILING TO ME AFTER 3/5 USE THIS ADDRESS!!!!!!
linda carter
11402 S Tazwell Drive #1
Louisville ky 40241

I have a forward in for everything arriving after 3/1 so don't worry the majority of our next 3 swaps are already here just couple out there and I expect them to be fine I'm checking mail in both places!

Let's get ready over the long winter and Christmas holidays to look ahead to spring and Easter (which is March 31, 2013) so these will be back to you in plenty of time to use for Easter!

SPECIAL SURPRIZE FOR ANYONE TAKING SPOT IN ALL 4 CATEGORIES!!!!!!!

Animals (card candy) 3+1
1 Stamp wizard recv'd
2 2kidsonly2arms recv'd

Animals created as a card 3+1
1 Queenofinkland (withdraw)
2 Stamp wizard recv'd
3 Quilling queen recv'd

Flowers/Garden (card candy pieces) 3+1
1 Venus@home recv'd
2 stamp wizard recv'd
3 2kidsonly2arms recv'd

Flowers/gardens in a greeting card 3+1
1 Venus@home recv'd
2 Stamp wizard recv'd

Last edited by lindac007; 03-02-2013 at 05:49 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
Die Cut Diva

**If you are doing this swap and the paper dolls since both are completeing at the same time you may combine both swaps in one package to save postage!!!!!!! Just label everything for me Please!

swaps with me:::FYI

NEW Spring flowers & Animals due 2/28
NEW Paper dolls & cards Easter/spring due 2/25/13
NEW/OPEN TWICHIES and **RINCHIES DUE 3/1/13
New/Open Tags & cards due 3/15/13
NEW/OPEN DVD CASES WITH GIFT TAGS due 6/1

Last edited by lindac007; 02-21-2013 at 02:36 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
Matboard Maniac

I'll take one spot in animal cards & flower cards, please
Old 11-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
Die Cut Diva

Hey everyone! another spring swap anyone interested so Venus and I and my little angel want be lonesome come one and all it's so far out can't possibly be a time problem!
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Hello. May I please have one spot in animal cards? I just got a new stamp that will be perfect
Old 11-24-2012, 02:28 AM   #6

Hello. Are the 'coordinating/accessory elements' NOT a requirement for those of us who are making cards?

I am confused LOL............
Old 11-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #7
Die Cut Diva

confusion is catching!!!! lol if you are making a card (complete greeting card) wouldn't you already have some form of an acessory being used in the making of the card? maybe we are confusing accessory with embellishment (thats possible (lol) ) acessory is not in card BUT embellishments YES! so it's kinda of a trade off if you do card candy it's with accessory if you create a card it's embellishments. some folks like making accessories (it kinda tells thought) others love that stickles, gems, ribbon etc that you would find on a card. make sense??????

I was thinking on a completed card you possibly got a beautiful paper and things as part of the cards design process, where thats not true of a card candy but the accessories lend to the item. examle beautiful flower with couple butterflies as card candy but on a card I may have same idea of flower but create it in hundred other ways that don't need a accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfInkland View Post
Hello. Are the 'coordinating/accessory elements' NOT a requirement for those of us who are making cards?

I am confused LOL............
Old 11-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #8

Got it - thanks! I will make an embellished card That's what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure that I was following the rules.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #9
Die Cut Diva

one tiny question! animals or floral/garden?????

Quote:
Got it - thanks! I will make an embellished card That's what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure that I was following the rules.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Hello. May I please have one spot in animal cards? I just got a new stamp that will be perfect
As per my first post above in this thread... Thanks !
Old 11-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
Die Cut Diva

Oh, Linda, Linda, Linda

I must be dumber than a rock!

This is Card Candy *** each main piece needs a corresponding element also like a flower will need a basket/pot/green leaves etc Each animal needs a corresponding element piece like baby rabbit with maybe a mommy rabbit or with a small flower or on a tree log or add a 6 inch border of grass! SOMETHING NEEDS TO GO WITH THE MAIN PIECE. Example I'm thinking of a bunny I'll add a green spring plant to go with him. (I could add simply a carrot) If I thinking tulips or lilac's add a vase as accessory piece or a garden pot for the tulips. or a butterfly????? My floral piece will have a bow but my accessory piece will be a vase. Questions?

Yep! I still don't understand your explanation, even with your note to QueenofInkland. Bottom line: does element for card candy mean the same as embellishment for a card? If yes, I would have done that anyway.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #12
Die Cut Diva

yes. lol I can not tell you how many years its been since someone called me like that linda,linda,linda usually because I was in trouble (my middle name) thanks so much for the laugh it brought tears I laughed so hard!!!!

and look!!! I was right I was in trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard View Post
Oh, Linda, Linda, Linda

I must be dumber than a rock!

This is Card Candy *** each main piece needs a corresponding element also like a flower will need a basket/pot/green leaves etc Each animal needs a corresponding element piece like baby rabbit with maybe a mommy rabbit or with a small flower or on a tree log or add a 6 inch border of grass! SOMETHING NEEDS TO GO WITH THE MAIN PIECE. Example I'm thinking of a bunny I'll add a green spring plant to go with him. (I could add simply a carrot) If I thinking tulips or lilac's add a vase as accessory piece or a garden pot for the tulips. or a butterfly????? My floral piece will have a bow but my accessory piece will be a vase. Questions?

Yep! I still don't understand your explanation, even with your note to QueenofInkland. Bottom line: does element for card candy mean the same as embellishment for a card? If yes, I would have done that anyway.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #13
Die Cut Diva

Now that the fog has lifted (briefly) from my brain.............

Please, sign me up for one spot in each category.
thanks
Old 11-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #14
Die Cut Diva

Thanks and You get a special prize for taking a spot in ALL catergories.
So glad the fog raised!!!!!! lol some of my best work is in the foggy times!

Quote:
Now that the fog has lifted (briefly) from my brain.............

Please, sign me up for one spot in each category.
thanks
Old 11-30-2012, 06:26 AM   #15
Die Cut Diva

I just got a early Christmas present!!!!! one of grand kids got me a beauitful set of floral stamps! the iris and rose are excellent so detailed and beautiful so quess I'll be using that new set for thhis swap. Plus I have new watercolor pencils! I love to shade with them. such a great look and in shading no 2 ever look just alike each has personality of its own. that rose & iris will be beauitful with those pencils! time consuming but well worth the look!

My animals are going to be a paper pieced seris called spring babes! they are so adorable. I've started them and if I can keep grandkids and grown children out of them I'll be doing entire series for us! very demensional set.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #16
Die Cut Diva

Linda

You just gave me a good idea for my flower cards.... I was cleaning up a bit in my craft room (things feel over & all on the floor) and I found a really pretty flower stamp. I think I'll see what happens with that stamp and possibly some watercoloring (or maybe Copics). I'll play around and see what I can come up with.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #17
Die Cut Diva

Checking in.
Bumping up.
Checking to see how the sign-ups are going.
Have a Great weekend everybody!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #18
Insane Embellisher

1 spot in Animal CARD for me... I'm still deciding on the Card Candy...
Life's A Beach Swap Red, White & Blue Swap Celebrate Summer Swap
Fingerlakes Get Together It's All Good Duck Tape Challenge Swap
Caffeinated Swap Favorite "Feel Good" Movie Card & Tags
Camping In The Forest Swap Summer WS/PB Swap
Old 12-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #19
Die Cut Diva

You got it and thanks for joining us! Have fun and join in when possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilling_Queen View Post
1 spot in Animal CARD for me... I'm still deciding on the Card Candy...
Old 12-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #20
Die Cut Diva

Bumping this thread up to the top!!

Need more swappers! Card candy (a new favorite activity for me) is so easy to make and can be a simple way for the receiver to make a quick card!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #21
Die Cut Diva

AHH just a couple pieces of card candy with some decorative matting can create a beautiful scrapbook page! also card candy is excellent for a quick decorative gift tag and of course add to a card and stamp a verse and you're done! many uses for card candy! I like to make tags out of them and attach to a colorful bag and add a to/from tag and its quick & ready to go. Everyone should have card candy on hand!

you are very correct in that it is easy and quick to do! I think of it as mini art work.

Quote:
Bumping this thread up to the top!!

Need more swappers! Card candy (a new favorite activity for me) is so easy to make and can be a simple way for the receiver to make a quick card!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #22
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post
you are very correct in that it is easy and quick to do! I think of it as mini art work.
Yep, and for me, card candy as mini art works is so much easier than doing Artist Trading Cards! I always try to put too much on an ATC or something where it doesn't come out well. Card Candy, I think of as 3D stickers or other embellishments.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #23
Die Cut Diva

I have not had a day like today in a very long time !! I have to share!!!!! A wonderful person here in SCS and previously in one of my swaps, sent me a large box of cards and card tops completed from swaps over the years which she never found use for. I cannot tell you how speechless I was it was totally a surprize and un-expected. after going through them I went and got my angel neighbor (she's like a grand mother to me) and we spent several hours looking, touching. feeling and examing beautiful card tops and cards sent by this person. I'm not identifing her so as not to embaress her if she didn't want that wonderful deed known to others!!!!

we are now in process of matching cardstock or paper to the card tops to complete a card (actually its my neighbor doing that) she's so excited and we will end up using every card in probally next 6 months since she gives cards to everyone in community and I have seen some wonderful stamping tecniques I never seen up close before. I am also making a journal of the way the card looks and how it looks like things were done!

What a wonderful thoughtful gift from someone who doesn't even know us very well. Truly a generous heart she is cleaning her craft room and some of those swaps were dated back to 2001 God bless her I hope she gets that craft room clean!!!!

then to complete the day a friend brought over a 3 layer chocolate chip homemade cake with a milk chocolate frosting also homemade!!!! I'm in heaven tonight it just dawned on me I forgot to tell neighbor about the cake we were so wrapped up in the paper I forgot the cake!!!!!!! oh well, quess i'll have to eat 2 peices lol

I hope your day is going as well as this has for me! I would stick piece of cake in mail to each of you but I'm pretty sure those packages would nver make it to destination (if you know what I mean) there has been a rash of hungery looking mailmen on the prowl lately!!!!!! I'm sure they would smell this cake the minute it was loaded into their truck (lol) but I will be thinking of each of you!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:33 AM   #24
Insane Embellisher

I have great news!!! I will be getting an early Christmas present on Wednesday... My parents are paying for me to sign up as a Stampin Up Demonstrator!!!! Discount on my supplies, discount of my supplies (you girls can't see it, but I am doing the happy dance )
Life's A Beach Swap Red, White & Blue Swap Celebrate Summer Swap
Fingerlakes Get Together It's All Good Duck Tape Challenge Swap
Caffeinated Swap Favorite "Feel Good" Movie Card & Tags
Camping In The Forest Swap Summer WS/PB Swap
Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #25
Die Cut Diva

lol, I think I'm jealous! great products love the stamp selections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilling_Queen View Post
I have great news!!! I will be getting an early Christmas present on Wednesday... My parents are paying for me to sign up as a Stampin Up Demonstrator!!!! Discount on my supplies, discount of my supplies (you girls can't see it, but I am doing the happy dance )
Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #26
Matboard Maniac

Hi! I'll take a spot in each of the candies!! Thanks!
My greatest commandment to you is this, love one another as I first loved you. John 15:12
Old 12-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #27
Die Cut Diva

you've got it and Thanks for joining us if you have any questions, concerns etc just let me know Most of all just have fun with this swap! Look forward to getting to know you! says you have 2 kids boy/girl? age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kidsonly2arms View Post
Hi! I'll take a spot in each of the candies!! Thanks!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #28
Matboard Maniac

Talking

Quote:
you've got it and Thanks for joining us if you have any questions, concerns etc just let me know Most of all just have fun with this swap! Look forward to getting to know you! says you have 2 kids boy/girl? age?
I have 2 boys. Ages 7 and 11. Plus I have 3 cats, a dog and 7 chickens! Oh, and a husband too! LOL
My greatest commandment to you is this, love one another as I first loved you. John 15:12
Old 12-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #29
Die Cut Diva

NEED YOUR HELP!!!! A wonderful friend has offered as a Christmas present for me to purchase one of those stamps that says "stamped by or Created by or Crafted by"
I've seen many of you using them. where do I find them? Joannes and Michaels don't have them. so where do you order those from? any help greatly appreciated ***
Old 12-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #30
Die Cut Diva

Linda

Stampin' Up! has a set of 8 stamps that say "handmade" in a variety of ways. It's called Creatively Yours And you can order a customized single stamp that says "hand stamped by" and then your name (page 146 of the Idea Book & Catalog).

Stampin' Up! Online Ordering This is the link to my online store and then go to the upper left side and do a search for the Creatively Yours stamp set.

http://204.228.150.61/catalogs/20120...alog_en-US.pdf I hope this link works....this is the catalog with the customized stamps (go to page 146).

I hope this helps! Sandra
If you have any problems or questions, send me a PM or email me.

Last edited by Stamp Wizard; 12-16-2012 at 11:38 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #31
Die Cut Diva

001-2-.jpg

Linda
Is this what you had in mind?
Old 12-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #32
Matboard Maniac

I'm working on my candy now! I'm just so excited about making them! HEE HEE!
When I'm done, I just might mail them early!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #33
Matboard Maniac

Guess what y'all? ! They are done! All packadge up and ready to go! I just might share pictures early for a sneek peak!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #34
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Guess what y'all? ! They are done! All packadge up and ready to go! I just might share pictures early for a sneek peak!
Oh you BAD girl!! Done already?? You are making the rest of us (ESPECIALLY me!) seem like slugs on a hot day.

Congratulations and I really want to see pictures...love pictures. I'll post some of mine...whenever I get my candy & cards done.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #35
Matboard Maniac

Cool

Here are my adorable candies I have made for the swap!

Stampin Up! Gallery: Card Candy - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers

I was so happy to make them.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #36
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

That little deer is so cute!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #37
Die Cut Diva

yes!!!!!! you have been such a great help. thanks so much for sending that catalog never seen one of those before. saw some nice things in it.

Quote:
Attachment 264033

Linda
Is this what you had in mind?
Old 12-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #38
Die Cut Diva

those are so cute I agree little that little dear is cute but looks complicated? and you are finished with all your sets already! wow

Quote:

Stampin Up! Gallery: Card Candy - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers

Old 12-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #39
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
yes!!!!!! you have been such a great help. thanks so much for sending that catalog never seen one of those before. saw some nice things in it.
You are "on my list!"
Old 12-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #40
Die Cut Diva

OMG!!!!! not another list!!!! that usually means I'm in trouble or about to be (LOL) I'm trying my best to stay off folk's list

just joking

Quote:
You are "on my list!"
Closed Thread