Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #41
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post
OMG!!!!! not another list!!!! that usually means I'm in trouble or about to be (LOL) I'm trying my best to stay off folk's list

just joking
Well!!! You'd better hope you are on SANTA's list! I think he's checking it twice. Have you been naughty or nice?

I'll put a good word in for you on the "Nice" side of the tally sheet. You are a great swapping hostess!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #42
Die Cut Diva

I'm putting off all swap preparations until next weekend!

I am totally over my head with making Christmas treat bags for various places (8 to my doctor's office, 15 to my veterinarian's office, 42 to my favorite restaurant, 12 for my pharmacy & other individuals, 6 for neighbors...did I forget anyone??
Old 12-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #43
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to lindac007

well I don't know about you but I'm ready for spring!!!! Sure helps to have spring projects to be working on now. I found a cute stamp in a box I didn't know I had yesterday has a mamma & her 2 little ones, have no idea where it came from I'm mulling over if I can flock that stamped image a little??? or if I could find speciality paper made to feel like soft velvet. Anyone know if that type of paper exists? I'll have to do some searching that would be nice way to use that stamp it would be easy cut out then!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #44
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
well I don't know about you but I'm ready for spring!!!! Sure helps to have spring projects to be working on now. I found a cute stamp in a box I didn't know I had yesterday has a mamma & her 2 little ones, have no idea where it came from I'm mulling over if I can flock that stamped image a little??? or if I could find speciality paper made to feel like soft velvet. Anyone know if that type of paper exists? I'll have to do some searching that would be nice way to use that stamp it would be easy cut out then!
Linda

Yes, there is paper that feels like velvet. I don't know where you can find it. Maybe try at some of the "big box" craft stores: Michaels, the bigger Joann Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, etc. I'm crafting over at a friends house tomorrow, she is very "in touch" with the status of papers in the crafting world. She may have an idea of where to buy some fuzzy paper, or at least she can tell you the manufacturer. I'll get back to you!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #45
Die Cut Diva

Good afternoon everyone!

As a public service announcement: Well, there's only 3 1/2 more days left for this year. Better get out there and wrap up all those last minute, year end details!

I'm currently organizing all my 2013 swaps on my calendar so I don't lose one. I really HATE IT when I am late or have to drop at the last minute due to my own stupidity (laziness, forgetfulness, etc.).
Old 12-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #46
Die Cut Diva

thanks Sandra, and I have to organize those swaps also. bwtween participating in others and in hosting it gets very busy sometimes but no choice this time with spring and Easter in March I ended up with couple back to back!!

My neighbor and I are working on something everyday.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #47
Die Cut Diva

Happy Sunday everyone!

Another public service announcement....

Less than 2 days now to wrap up 2012 and get ready for 2013!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #48
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!

2013 begins in 3 hours, 17 minutes for me.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #49
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up HAPPY NEW YEARS DAY!

Gosh! I forgot this was New Years day!

I got up around 9:30 am this morning, had breakfast, took a shower, got dressed and decided to run some errands.

Guess what?? The bank was closed, the library was closed and a business I wanted to stop at was closed....then I figured out it was Tuesday, New Years day!

I went home terribly embarrassed. Good thing nobody noticed.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #50
Die Cut Diva

******anyone doing this swap and the Easter cards and paper dolls swap lets mail them back as one package and save you some postage!!!!! the due date between 2 swaps is like couple days so lets just swap them and mail in and back in one package I'll get them out asap to you.**
Old 01-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #51
Die Cut Diva

Linda

Easter card swap????
I think I missed that one. What's the name of it? I'll go check it out.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #52
Die Cut Diva

Linda

Never mind.......I found the Easter card swap (the one with the paper dolls). I'm going to pass on that one.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #53
Die Cut Diva

yes it is easter cards OR paper dolls. either one! that's ok I know how busy you are these days I'm just honored and glad you are able to make any of my swaps, I do appreciate it very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard View Post
Linda

Never mind.......I found the Easter card swap (the one with the paper dolls). I'm going to pass on that one.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #54
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
yes it is easter cards OR paper dolls. either one! that's ok I know how busy you are these days I'm just honored and glad you are able to make any of my swaps, I do appreciate it very much.
Linda

I keep telling everyone (warning actually) that I am EASILY confused.

So, I can make EASTER cards that have nothing to do with paper dolls??
Old 01-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #55
Die Cut Diva

YES The Easter cards have nothing to do with paper dolls UNLESS you want them too. Easter/Spring is a lot of things.....chicks, flowers, rabbits, cross, baskets of eggs or flowers, rain showers for spring, new life as in baby animals, etc Have fun I know you've got this one

Quote:
Linda

I keep telling everyone (warning actually) that I am EASILY confused.

So, I can make EASTER cards that have nothing to do with paper dolls??
Old 01-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #56
Die Cut Diva

Checking in!
How's everybody doing today?
I'm looking forward to the weekend and MORE crafting time...this time an afternoon with friends (and crafts).
Old 01-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #57
Matboard Maniac

Forgot to mention that mine went postal last week!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #58
Die Cut Diva

Checking in with everyone. Haven't started on my cards or candy yet. But, I've been thinking about what I'm going to create!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #59
Die Cut Diva

Hello everyone, Hope you are staying warm

I don't know how many of you have followed the story of my little 80 yr old neighbor who is as crafty as they come!!!! she is my angel in all my swaps. I needed her once and after that she's creating in all of them. that's where my "hostess item" goes to and she in turn gives cards to every neighbor for blocks around us for every occassion she has extensive list of their birthdays, anniversaries etc. I get such a kick out of her but it's all she has to do she been widow for a while and her children rarely come to visit. so she is "granny" to every child in a 5 block radis and some of their parents. well today we spend 4 hours talking and bouncing around swap idea's for the future. we think we have some great ones not done before!!!!!! I went into threads and my past notes/emails and she made the list then we look to see what hasn't been done and sure enough we got 7 new swaps as the ones I have open begin to close I will post new ones from this list we compiled I think it's gonna be fun. We are excited!!!!!!

so I hope anyone who can will join us and we talked about the 6 duplicate (same thing) verus my 4-6 not duplicated style and we decided that's the plan from here on out. All my swaps will be that they do NOT have to be exact in each spot. I myself love the freedom to create and not have to worry about duplicating. I'm new to shading and blending of inks and it bothers me worring about them all being alike. with the freedom to show design I enjoy it so much better and I can use up my left over supplies instead of storing them (which becomes a mess in itself) so I want you to know your freedom to create and enjoy the process is wide open for ALL my swaps. I'm also comfortable with this in that we both create for each swap and I usually end up being able to send you back more than you are expecting and I love doing that (its fun for me) each of you have always been happy, surprized and thankful so I see no reason to change anything.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #60
Die Cut Diva

Linda

I really, really, really want to know what ideas for future swaps you and your crafty neighbor have come up with.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #61
Die Cut Diva

LOL you are my problem child!!!!!! I kinda felt that way but now I know. that's ok you keep me on my toes and always good for a laugh so have you always been a little tiny bit inpatient?

Believe me its no fun having to wait to post any of them either! we wrote notes and made lists and I can tell you this the returns will be many on this one. my little angel left at 3pm today to get started on some of them if I know her by weeks end we will be swamped!!!!! did I mention she gets carried away a lot! sometimes I have no choice but to do that 2 for 1 thing!!!!

I don't have the heart to say stop or I think we have enough. on one swap I had she came over after disappearing for several days otherwise I see her daily. she had a box full of items for the swap i had going so I said I think we should leave some room so others can send some in.....she replied "well what's holding them up?" so sweetly I just started laughing she says I don't see whats funny it only took me xxx hours to make all of those. I explained most folks not as lucky as us they have jobs, kids, committments, family, health issues etc she's tapered it down a lot since then. I tried to explain we can only add so many as folks calculate their return postage...... she says I got plenty extra stamps if you need them! missed my point all together

you know we old folks with no kids and no one around can sure get a lot done. I'm so caught up right now I'm able to read a few books and go to senior center as well.

Quote:
Linda

I really, really, really want to know what ideas for future swaps you and your crafty neighbor have come up with.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #62
Die Cut Diva

Linda

Since your cute neighbor seems to make TONS of cards, does your Senior Center has a small shop where she can consign some cards? Our Center has a small shop but they only take consignments once a month and I always forget till afterwards!

Have the two of you thought about sending some blank-inside cards to our troops so they can send them home to loved ones? I am sending cards over to Afghanistan through Soldiers' Angels (the gal gives me addresses and I send direct). There's also Operation Write Home where you send cards to one of their contacts and they organize & mail to troops. Both organizations can be found online. Plus, both organizations have swaps posted at this time.

Just a thought.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #63
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
LOL you are my problem child!!!!!! I kinda felt that way but now I know. that's ok you keep me on my toes and always good for a laugh so have you always been a little tiny bit inpatient?
OK, Mom! Don't you be calling me no child!! I'm an adult now....at least most of the time.

And yes, I am impatient....I WANT IT NOW!!! Patience is not one of my virtues. But for you, dear, I will wait....and wait....and wait.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #64
Die Cut Diva

we do the operation soldiers card thing monthly she does everyone in neighborhood and I do childrens hospital (its kids with cancer & serious illinesses) plus neighbors ask us to create for them and a nursing home near us gets cards. our biggest problem (sometimes) is getting supplies both of us on budgets and both don't drive so we use EVERY SCRAP wisely. thats one of the reasons I don't care if folks don't duplicate in my swaps it seems somehow wasteful to me to have to store a couple pieces of something. thanks for thinking of this we do appreciate it very much. we are also both limited some days by health issues so one us is usually have good health day. we have no kids, grand kids live to far away and so most of our time except for our daily soaps is crafting time plus we both read and she plays cards and knits while I like reading and sewing. kids in neighborhood come by and we make things with the kids so our days are full.

Quote:
Linda

Since your cute neighbor seems to make TONS of cards, does your Senior Center has a small shop where she can consign some cards? Our Center has a small shop but they only take consignments once a month and I always forget till afterwards!

Have the two of you thought about sending some blank-inside cards to our troops so they can send them home to loved ones? I am sending cards over to Afghanistan through Soldiers' Angels (the gal gives me addresses and I send direct). There's also Operation Write Home where you send cards to one of their contacts and they organize & mail to troops. Both organizations can be found online. Plus, both organizations have swaps posted at this time.

Just a thought.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #65
Die Cut Diva

LOL you are so funny you must have tons of friends around you. I envy that sense of humor! I will not be calling you child, your right its a grown up world now you are a good sport, thanks so much. I don't mean anything mean by that remark. my 80 yr old neighbor calls me "honey child" and i'm 60!!!!!!

My health is holding me back this week, I seem to hurt a lot with cold temps, I do not know how you ladies in cold climates do it? I feel like I'm getting nothing done. you ever get those days? I hate taking medicine. seems like thats all Dr ever offers anymore.

Quote:
OK, Mom! Don't you be calling me no child!! I'm an adult now....at least most of the time.

And yes, I am impatient....I WANT IT NOW!!! Patience is not one of my virtues. But for you, dear, I will wait....and wait....and wait.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #66
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
LOL you are so funny you must have tons of friends around you. I envy that sense of humor! I will not be calling you child, your right its a grown up world now you are a good sport, thanks so much. I don't mean anything mean by that remark. my 80 yr old neighbor calls me "honey child" and i'm 60!!!!!!

My health is holding me back this week, I seem to hurt a lot with cold temps, I do not know how you ladies in cold climates do it? I feel like I'm getting nothing done. you ever get those days? I hate taking medicine. seems like thats all Dr ever offers anymore.
Linda!
You're funny too! You can call me "child" if you like but I turned 59 in December!

My fingers (arthritis) have been bothering me a lot these last few days. It's a good thing this has spell check cause I've been making a lot of mistakes. I agree with doctors and their pills! Have a pain...take a pill. Have high blood pressure...take a pill. Depressed...take a pill. What happened to a holistic approach and talking about life-style modifications/changes? It's so much easier to see us in their office for 5 minutes, write a prescription, then charge us $300 for the visit..... Good Grief. You got me started.

This Old Lady need some beauty rest (I'll be back tomorrow afternoon...it'll take that long to make even a small improvement.)
Old 01-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #67
Die Cut Diva

hey all, Sandra got me to thinking !!!! lol a major accomplishment for anyone anyway I'm going to have some fun with this group and chance for prizes!!!!!!!

so 4 times a week every other day, I will list an item that is part of the next swap which I can open on 2/10 so watch the items list and after you put your keen detective skills to work see if you can quess what that theme of my next swap will be!!!!! the winner will get an especially nice prize! the more clues you place together the easier it will become BUT you will need to be first to claim PRIZE.

so piece together as much information has you can from the clues dropped and make your quess of that theme whenever you think you've got it!

so here's first clue IF you have a stamp or die cut of a table (any kind table) you may want to hunt it up and dust it off! examples: dining table, picnic table, end table, coffee table, curio table, etc

once about a 4-6 clues are left you maybe able to get it pretty fast as ALL items relate to the theme. the only other group playing this game is the paper dolls group. so I have 2 swap groups playing for the prize! Good luck to the best sleuth out there!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #68
Die Cut Diva

clue # 2 IF you have a stamp or die cut or paper piece pattern of ANY kind bed you're in luck!!!!!! Examples: crib, day bed, adult bed, kids bed, canopy bed, 4 post bed, grandma's feather bed!!!! ANY bed.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #69
Die Cut Diva

clue #3 If you have a stamp or die cut or paper piecing pattern for any source of light, dust it off and hold tight that light could be needed! example:Chandelier, candle, lamp, lantern,
any source of a light.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #70
Die Cut Diva

received some beautiful dogwood? flower cards with matching card candy today!!!! those are so awesome I love the way you match them I see a 2 page scrapbookk page from them for this spring's 1st spring walk in woods I have lots dogwood and redbud around me. beautiful job very talented items. thanks so much
Old 01-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #71
Matboard Maniac

I'm glad they made and that you liked them....I was worried that they were too simple! I love that stamp and thought it would be perfect.

Is the theme of the next swap "around the house" or in the house"?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #72
Die Cut Diva

clue #4 If you have a stamp, die cut or paper piece pattern for a Fireplace any view/angle of fireplace works or a old pot belly stove or wood burning stove, nice fire pit or any source of HEAT you are in luck that will help a lot!

Venus you are very close! great work I know someone will have it figured out by weekend as next 3 clues will give it away!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #73
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
received some beautiful dogwood? flower cards with matching card candy today!!!! those are so awesome I love the way you match them I see a 2 page scrapbookk page from them for this spring's 1st spring walk in woods I have lots dogwood and redbud around me. beautiful job very talented items. thanks so much
You are SOOOOO lucky to have dogwood. I love that tree (bush) but I (personally) can't grow it. Everytime I plant one...it dies in less than 1 year. I keep planting them in different places in the yard but no luck. I might have to consult with a specialist this spring.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #74
Die Cut Diva

New swap idea:

Something to do with card candy for decorating your home?

Dream bedroom card candy and/or cards?

Actually, I have no idea how your mind works.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #75
Die Cut Diva

I just had another brain cramp....oops, I mean idea....

Doll house pieces to go along with the paper dolls????

Am I even close?
Old 01-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #76
Die Cut Diva

have a soil test done those trees dogwood and red bud require a particular soil yours is probably lacking something that could be added into it. there are some tests you do yourself you scoop up soil and send it to the state agency very small fee nothing big. OR a nursery can do it for you, cost little more. I've gardened all my life raised on farm.

Quote:
You are SOOOOO lucky to have dogwood. I love that tree (bush) but I (personally) can't grow it. Everytime I plant one...it dies in less than 1 year. I keep planting them in different places in the yard but no luck. I might have to consult with a specialist this spring.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #77
Die Cut Diva

LOL funny 95% folks who know me say same thing "they have no idea how my mind works"!!!!!!!!!!!! your honest, love it but your ideas are way off interesting I'll be mulling those over a little. I have to "see it"

Quote:
New swap idea:

Something to do with card candy for decorating your home?

Dream bedroom card candy and/or cards?

Actually, I have no idea how your mind works.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #78
Die Cut Diva

5th clue:::::: if you have a stamp, die cut or paper piecing pattern for a Electrical appliance example stove, refrigerator, dish washer, tv, radio, stereo, computer, washer, dryer, microwave, coffee maker, any kitchen appliance, sewing machine, clock, blender, mixer, hair dryer, etc.

You are in luck !!!!! you can use it
Old 01-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #79
Die Cut Diva

very interesting, NO

Quote:
I just had another brain cramp....oops, I mean idea....

Doll house pieces to go along with the paper dolls????

Am I even close?
Old 01-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #80
Die Cut Diva

6th clue::::: IF you have a stamp, die cut, or paper piecing pattern for : Something found in back yard: example grill, fire pit, children’s toys, pool, hot tub, bird bath, birdhouse, dog house, gazebo, statue, basketball hoop, etc

You are in Luck!!!!!! That would be so helpful in the next swap.

maybe we will be able to use old stamps, die cuts, patterns we have not used in long time or prehaps never?
Closed Thread