Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to lindac007
Default POSTAL & recevied ** paper dolls and bears Due 10/30

Paper dolls or bears MUST HAVE at least 2 layers good quality cardstock. EMBELLISH it use ribbon, inks, sparkle and bling, chalks, charms, buttons, fibers, material, floral pieces, etc just do awesome job! Please use at LEAST 2 EMBELLISHMENTS (more better) I don't mind if they are stamped, cricuit cut (cricuit has several doll cartridges) paper pieced some Awesome patterns available. Dimension is great so layer if possible! Use those pop dots and add demension when possible. Texture is great speciality papers make wonderful outfits. Embossing adds texture just be creative.

You may do vintage, shabby chick, everyday, costumes, modern dress, fairy tale, nationality like oriental, spanish, scottish, irish, indian, etc. Princesses or Knights, fairies or cheer leaders. Holiday themed also good!

Size is important! Need to be able to use them on a card so from 3 inches to 4 1/2 so they will still fit our cards, tags and scrapbooks and banners! They also make awesome bags and character boxes! U Tube has many examples.

I've attached a sample of some dolls and a u Tube link but there are many!

They make awesome ornaments also. Many ways to use them be creative in your design and construction! laces and ribbons, beads and pearls, small pieces of fabric and charms, etc of good quality. Fibers/trims are excellent for this project. Will do a 4 +1 the plus one for hostess.

Quantity: 4+1 - The one is for the hostess (me You will not get one of your own back, so make an extra one for yourself! Each spot is a differnet character. All items in one spot need to look the same. Take as many spots as you like!

Vendor Products: Any stamp from any company, Cricuit and paper piecing ok also but PLEASE use very good quality cardstock. No vendor restriction on embellishments - use as many embellishments as you like. Designer papers are encouraged, but not required.

Due Date: October 30th, 2012. I will mail them as soon as I receive all swaps! If your cards are received after the due date, I may have to return them to you. Please post in the thread or send me a PM when your cards are postal.

Mailing instructions: Place swap cards in a large baggie for waterproof purposes. Write your real name, SCS name and swap name on a piece of paper or the baggie for identification purposes.

Swap Return: Please include self-addressed stamped envelope. The amount of postage on your SASE should be the same amount used to mail to hostess. Please include 2 additional stamps to insure enough postage to return swaps. Additional postage will be returned if not used. PLEASE SEND ONLY POSTAGE STAMPS, NO DATED STAMPS OR METERED MAIL--My Post Office will not take them. If you would rather use Priority mail, please include one $5.15 priority stamp and a self-addressed priority label. I will provide priority envelope. If you are mailing from outside the US, please include $5 US cash (or more for additional spots) to cover return postage, and I will return whatever is left to you.

Mailing address: Linda Carter
8302-2 Vermissa Ct
Louisville, Ky 40222

Please post or PM me with any questions. Prizes on 1st and every 5th spot! Special Prizes for every 3rd spot you take! We will have some trivia and challeges along the way.

*** I'll be crafting also in a couple of these and make up's for where we get short!

1 Angelsparkly (MARGARET) ***prize x2
2 Misslittlemouse (MICHELLE) **prize recv'd x2
3 StampinGoodDeeds (SUSAN) **prize recv'd x4
4 Lindac007 x4
5 My angel x3

If I need to add more categories, please just ask!!! trying to cover them all so hard to think of the many looks available. BOY/GIRL MAN/WOMAN AND OF COURSE BEAR! HAVE FUN AND BE CREATIVE THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO BE A DESIGNER!
Attached Files
File Type: doc little people.doc (457.0 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by lindac007; 11-15-2012 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: postal and received
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess

Well this just looks too cute to pass up. I think I need to have the Vintage and Fairytale/fantasy categories please.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsparkly View Post
Well this just looks too cute to pass up. I think I need to have the Vintage and Fairytale/fantasy categories please.

thanks will do they can be so adorable. I started out in jan with about 20 from previous swap some place else but down to 1 now. everybody loves them so many ways to use them.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
Die Cut Diva

anyone else? long time till due date!!!! plenty time to plan. also anyone have any requests in dolls/little people's that they could use?
Old 07-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #5
Matboard Maniac

Hmmm I'm thinking about this one very cute!
Old 07-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
Rubber Obsessor

Yep I'm in. I watched the video and of course I'm snookered. Gotta do it!!)
Can I have a spot in costumes, fairy tales and holiday please. I think I will start these soon. Thanks linda
Old 07-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
Die Cut Diva

Default Challenge #1

Just watched opening ceremony of Olympic's and the parade of nations!!!!Inspired by all the beautiful colorful outfits of the countries of the world!!!!! Open to anyone and with 2 spots available in this challege. Create 5 dolls dressed in colors and costumes as best as you can do to come close as possible to orginial for any 5 countries of your choice!!!!!

any takers? It is a challenge! will need to do some homework and write on back of doll the country. you just might want to create one for yourself!!!! ***you must also be signed up for 1 spot of any other dolls!!!!

Prize is $10 gift card to your local Michael's or Joanne's (your choice) PLEASE do a beautiful job as these will get posted in gallery here at SCS! here's chance to use any material needed to accomplish goal. fabric, fibers, ribbons etc.

Who is brave enough for this challenge? a true olympian of paper creations!

Last edited by lindac007; 07-27-2012 at 08:50 PM..
Old 07-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
Matboard Maniac

That is a good challenge and good prize!

Here I am still trying to decide what to pick.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #9
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLittleMouse View Post
That is a good challenge and good prize!

Here I am still trying to decide what to pick.
Take one or two or maybe three spots........lol
Old 08-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #10
Rubber Obsessor

I started the mermaids I am making for a category. What an awesome way to get using a persons cricut... I hardly use mine but since I started swapping I have used it a lot.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #11
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian77 View Post
I started the mermaids I am making for a category. What an awesome way to get using a persons cricut... I hardly use mine but since I started swapping I have used it a lot.

that's so true but also even without a cricut there are awesome paper piecing patterns that are truly awesome. those patterns are even more adorable!!!

Check out treasure box designs treasureboxdesigns.com http://www.treasureboxdesigns.com/ca...ox-FREEBIE.htm or http://www.myscrapchick.com both have one free pattern each week just for signing up for weekly newsletter. they are goregous and SIMPLE patterns. If you buy the pricing are under $3 for awesome patterns.

In fact my paper dolls will most likely be a collection from them I love the patterns I've nver had one turn out wrong and its simple cutting nothing diffcult.

Last edited by lindac007; 08-16-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Old 08-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #12
Die Cut Diva

JCI been very busy this week. How's everyone doing? Any new takers for swapping paper dolls/die cuts? check out the links and pic's so cute and many ways to be used
Old 08-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #13
Polyshrink Goddess

We definitely need more people who play with dolls. I have to say when I was a girl paper dolls were one of my favorite things. I have started my vintage girls and think I'm going with flappers! Just haven't found the right dresses yet but I will.
Here's a little sneak peak at what I'm working on. Her makeup looks a bit heavy in photo but she's just a prototype. Like her undies? She looked naked. Made her shoes from what looked like snakeskin paper. hehe She is about 4 1/4" tall. Got to use some of those tiny brads.
Have a good week.
Attached Thumbnails
100_6351.jpg  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #14
Matboard Maniac

Angel, cute lady!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #15
Matboard Maniac

Can I have a spot in Vintage and Fairytale for now, I might add one more.. Thanks!!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #16
Die Cut Diva

Angel wow how interesting I think vintage has a lot going for it. Lot of work in that project choice. I'm still trying to put together what I want to do have several items just not finding papers I need. I usually try to participate in the swaps also and generally create extra's so if needed they are available any left over I make go into name banners.

I was thinking of the paper dolls because I'm doing a scrapbook page swap here at SCS and it's 4 (12x12) pages songs and I chose I'd like to teach the world to sing! so as I was creating different "world" looking kids to create the bases of a page border I thought this might make a good swap on just dolls.

The due date is a ways off and seems like folks tend to join much closer to due date time ??? go figure. Maybe they work them up first then commit, I just expect it slow at first and to build much closer to due date. I can see using yours as a focal embellishment on a vintage scrapbook page. Might be very interesting for like a mom/dad/parents/grand parents scrapbook page. I did one last summer themed 1940's cars for someone and that was challenging in just finding stuff to work with.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:32 AM   #17
Die Cut Diva

found the cutest patterns for paper piecing on myscrapchick.com they have bears and dolls so easy to use patterns they down load to computer and print easy to cut by hand or if you have machines they support them all. paid $2 for cutest bear with outfit. they have a little boy set I want so much, will cost me about $4 not bad its nice set.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #18
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post
that's so true but also even without a cricut there are awesome paper piecing patterns that are truly awesome. those patterns are even more adorable!!!

Check out treasure box designs treasureboxdesigns.com Treasure Box FREEBIE or myscrapchick both have one free pattern each week just for signing up for weekly newsletter. they are goregous and SIMPLE patterns. If you buy the pricing are under $3 for awesome patterns.

In fact my paper dolls will most likely be a collection from them I love the patterns I've nver had one turn out wrong and its simple cutting nothing diffcult.
Thanks I will check it out now.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #19
Rubber Obsessor

Oh my gosh. Thank u soooo much. They are so stinking cute
Old 08-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #20
Die Cut Diva

I found the cutest little tear paper doll today she is called "lilly" her outfit is like a lilly peeled back very beautiful I believe this is probably a old pattern not sure of date. Maybe it could be my vintage girl?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #21
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Oh my gosh. Thank u soooo much. They are so stinking cute

don't you just love how low the price is and you get it instant! I've done several of there patterns love the site there is also www.treasureboxdesigns that is really just as awesome, check it out also. they have the cutest, easiest animals also

I think you get digital stamps with them also.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #22
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello all. Still watching/listening to the Olympics. Can't believe closing ceremonies tonight. Going through fabrics for my vintage dolls as I have decided they need fabric dresses and long beaded necklaces. Found some eyelash trim that I think will make fantastic head pieces for them too. Love playing with dolls (of any kind)
Old 08-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #23
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Hello all. Still watching/listening to the Olympics. Can't believe closing ceremonies tonight. Going through fabrics for my vintage dolls as I have decided they need fabric dresses and long beaded necklaces. Found some eyelash trim that I think will make fantastic head pieces for them too. Love playing with dolls (of any kind)

it is going to be so interesting to see what you end up with!!!!! lol eyelash trim for head pieces you sure you're not doing the punk rock or altered group?
Old 08-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #24
Polyshrink Goddess

Default vintage dolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post
it is going to be so interesting to see what you end up with!!!!! lol eyelash trim for head pieces you sure you're not doing the punk rock or altered group?
Funny! was trying more for something that looked like those feathered headbands they wore.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #25
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Funny! was trying more for something that looked like those feathered headbands they wore.

oh my, thats a hard one! Did it work? I know now what you are talking about that is diffcult!!!!! you like diffcult huh?
Old 08-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #26
Rubber Obsessor

I have paused as we need more people... Common everyone give it a try! Just sayin
Old 08-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #27
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I have paused as we need more people... Common everyone give it a try! Just sayin

we have 3 now thats not bad for this early out. Keep inmind more folks join in last 3 weeks than 2 months out! I'll be posting some pictures soon maybe that will help.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #28
Die Cut Diva

Hey folks, let's get serious a moment. Now sure what your fall plans are but there are other swaps of mine who could use some awesome folks like you! one is the paper dolls as card candy for cards, scrapbook pages, banners, gift tags they are great for all those uses! ends 10/31 but could use some wonderful creators like you! amount is again 3+1 so small quanity.

Then other is a scrapbook. altered tins, mini cards and etc that ends in mid-september. we've got quite a few but really would be fun with a few more folks! If you wanted to make a request for a type of scrapbook or tin we can probally do that request for you! so how about it?

*Another is inchies, those make wonderful pins and jewerly as well as cards and scrapbook accessories for a page. I've seen tons of idea's inches are used for and there are so cute being so tiny! As far as gift giving a box of assorted inches to a little girl who is maing her first cards or scrapbook with some nice ribbons and pieces of paper maybe add a decorative scissor, wow she would love it! You could be starting her on the road to something worth while in her life especially money saving!

Do you have time for one more? Remember, Christmas is less than 4 months away and the more you can make or swap for the better on your budget!

The American craft Association is already saying this Christmas will be the return of the old fashion Christmas gift giving where folks made much more than bought! Handmade always means more! wouldn't you prefer a nice handmade gift over a store item from most likely over seas manufactuer. Budgets are tight for many and maybe it's time we got back to the old fashion gift giving ways where you put time and thought into a handmade gift! Give it some thought I also have room to open 2 more swaps now so is there something you would like to see done? Please give feedback

Last edited by lindac007; 08-14-2012 at 10:41 AM..
Old 08-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #29
Die Cut Diva

Default new sites and new stamps!

check it out this weeks freebie file is for fall and so cute Then new site for rubber stamps I use theres great quality and excellent pricing!
Attached Files
File Type: doc favorites.doc (45.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #30
Matboard Maniac

Linda, I think you forgot to add me. I wanted Vintage and Fairytale. Thanks!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #31
Matboard Maniac

The freebie is super cute!
Old 08-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #32
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLittleMouse View Post
Linda, I think you forgot to add me. I wanted Vintage and Fairytale. Thanks!

you are right I did overlook you, I'm so sorry! fix that little blunder Last I remember reading you were thinking about it! so happy to have you!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #33
Die Cut Diva

Last night I did some exploring the paper dolls options. Here's what I found Cricuit has 2 paper doll cartridges both can create approx 150 different dolls each! paper piecings for the 2 sites I use most and referenced above have over 100 different paper doll patterns on each site. There are various rubber stamp doll versions all of which could create beautiful dolls especially if stamped couple times and layer different portions of the stamped image for a unique 3D look. so paper dolls are available and out there easy to find. Of course that does not count the thousands of idea's one can create just using your brain and creativity jucies!

so who's ready to create? I attached a picture of some from cricut took me all of an hour for them. I have several I want to do from stamps and several from paper piecing patterns (my favorite)

So what I think I'll do is the first 7 people to join in each category will recieve an assortment of additional dolls from all 3 sources in a variety pack for your prize! I usually work with 3 to 4 inches because they work great for A2 cards and banners. I will add an additional accessory for each doll (example pirate will have a treasure chest, beach doll will have shovel & pail, cow girls/boys will have rope or western theme accessory!) This is in addition to what ever I create (this is a bonus package) sound good? First 7 in each category only get this unique gift. You won't be disappointed I'll probally shoot for 10 with 3 stamped 3 cricut 4 paper pieced. (VARIETY)

also those in picture don't have embellishments yet!!! remember to add those! so finished products will look even better! In this case bling and ribbons are yet to be added. Picture is just an idea.
Attached Thumbnails
100_5920.jpg  

Last edited by lindac007; 08-15-2012 at 01:18 PM..
Old 08-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #34
Die Cut Diva

here's examples of paper pieced with layering for a 3D effect
Old 08-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #35
Polyshrink Goddess

Ok I have been searching paper dolls after reading all the ideas about finding little darlings out there and am amazed at the amount of dolls you can download and print. That being said here is a little darling I found with a multitude of outfits for playing and can be printed out at any size your printer handles paper or cardstock. This one is just being played with and I have printed out the same outfit in vellum I have an idea for the wings. Hope you can see all the sparkle she has. She is about 4" tall.
Attached Thumbnails
100_6383.jpg  
Old 08-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #36
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Ok I have been searching paper dolls after reading all the ideas about finding little darlings out there and am amazed at the amount of dolls you can download and print. That being said here is a little darling I found with a multitude of outfits for playing and can be printed out at any size your printer handles paper or cardstock. This one is just being played with and I have printed out the same outfit in vellum I have an idea for the wings. Hope you can see all the sparkle she has. She is about 4" tall.

she is beautiful. so the 2 embellishments are glitter and vellum?? is she on a cardstock base? her colors are beautiful.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #37
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

***check out this website everythings is a dollar!!!! they have dolls and clothes also just remember they need to be on cardstock base and 2 embellishments! Dollar Graphics Depot, Your Dollar Graphic Store
Old 08-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #38
Die Cut Diva

ok so many spots does everyone want? these are easy and go so fast in the creating part of it. If you print patterns and can print onto cardstock thats best. then back with good quality paper. Embellishments is the sky's the limit there are so many possibilities even on a printed outfit!!!!! little glitter, bric brake trim, fibers, ribbons, bling, fabric pieces, smooch, flower soft, glitter glue, vellum, speciality papers and mulberry paper, buttons, duplicate pattern and layer parts of it with foamies for demensions. ink it, chalks, paint pens, etc. experiment and have fun!

different doll for each spot **** special gift for those with 3 spots!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #39
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes she is printed on cardstock and then adhered to another heavier cardstock except for her clothes which are one layer of cardstock. She has rhinestones, prima flower on her hat, smooch spritz, stickles, sticker rhinestones on her shoes. Don't know yet what all might go on her. She is just my play doll. Her wings on vellum didn't turn out quite like I wanted so will have to see. Thinking about the same flowers or maybe some other ones along the bottom of that flower dress. So many options!!!! Such fun.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #40
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Yes she is printed on cardstock and then adhered to another heavier cardstock except for her clothes which are one layer of cardstock. She has rhinestones, prima flower on her hat, smooch spritz, stickles, sticker rhinestones on her shoes. Don't know yet what all might go on her. She is just my play doll. Her wings on vellum didn't turn out quite like I wanted so will have to see. Thinking about the same flowers or maybe some other ones along the bottom of that flower dress. So many options!!!! Such fun.

wow! lot of embellishments but she "LOOKS" it also. she really is beautiful I like her a lot! of course I love "blues" and "troqouise" colors but she really is beautiful. I'd have gone for her had I seen her first (just saying) with all you've done to her does she need more?
Closed Thread