Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #41
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post
wow! lot of embellishments but she "LOOKS" it also. she really is beautiful I like her a lot! of course I love "blues" and "troqouise" colors but she really is beautiful. I'd have gone for her had I seen her first (just saying) with all you've done to her does she need more?
Wait 'till you see the next one where I have taken apart a flower for her skirt. These girls are so adorable. Think Iam going to make a set for my grandaughter.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #42
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to lindac007

Until monday myscrapchick.com has a 50% off sale all items over $5 they have a Max & Mollie Paper Dollies set which is 5 dolls male/female with bunch outfits for each gender included in set normal price is $15 but with 50% off what a deal. if you need a good paper piecing file with plenty of extra's in it this is a awesome set for the money! no special code needed but ends monday! 50% off over $5 is excellent if you need any paper pieced file! check them out.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #43
Polyshrink Goddess

More garden fairies I have decided to name them. This one is greens. I tried to capture all the sparkle which is so becoming of a fairy. I have printed some of them on vellum and added parts of the costumes in that. I cut up a flower and used it as the petals on her skirt under the vellum overlay. I photod her next to a ruler to show her scale. I could play with these all day if it weren't for that pesky house cleaning, cooking, laundry.....
Attached Thumbnails
100_6385.jpg  
Old 08-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #44
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsparkly View Post
More garden fairies I have decided to name them. This one is greens. I tried to capture all the sparkle which is so becoming of a fairy. I have printed some of them on vellum and added parts of the costumes in that. I cut up a flower and used it as the petals on her skirt under the vellum overlay. I photod her next to a ruler to show her scale. I could play with these all day if it weren't for that pesky house cleaning, cooking, laundry.....

lol, too funny! it is a shame all those pesky things get in the way of the "really important" stuff!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #45
Die Cut Diva

angelsparkly, I'm afraid I have awoken a terrible obession you have harbored in your life from childhood. I'm concerned and think maybe we should dis-enroll you from swap and instead encourage you to seek help. there is a paperdoll addiction group that meets for this obession to help you control your need to play with paper dolls!! I'm sure there is a chapter some where near you. lol by the way the new doll is beautiful but my favorite was the first fairy one! you really do have talent in this area BUT all said maybe?????
Old 08-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #46
Die Cut Diva

have we scared off sabian77 and misslittle mouse? you folks come on out of hiding and play. Angelsparkly needs us!!!! lol
Old 08-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #47
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post
angelsparkly, I'm afraid I have awoken a terrible obession you have harbored in your life from childhood. I'm concerned and think maybe we should dis-enroll you from swap and instead encourage you to seek help. there is a paperdoll addiction group that meets for this obession to help you control your need to play with paper dolls!! I'm sure there is a chapter some where near you. lol by the way the new doll is beautiful but my favorite was the first fairy one! you really do have talent in this area BUT all said maybe?????
You are SOOOOO right!!! I have had an obsession with paper dolls since childhood. One of my sadest moments was when my mother threw out all my paper dolls after cleaning out a closet!!!!! I am quite sure I needed therapy at that time. So now I get to play with them again and have no fear of anyone throwing them out.
And yes where is everyone. I know you're out there secretly playing with paper dolls.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #48
Matboard Maniac

lol, I'm here. I know all about that pesky stuff too- not fun.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #49
Polyshrink Goddess

Since I am getting no help for my newfound addicition I must press on. This may be my little jewel. I just might keep the next three a surprise. I feel I should be giving equal time to the little boys so I may have to go back and do some more searching.
Hope you can see the liquid glass I added to the shells on her headpiece. Not to mention the tiny microbeads.
Attached Thumbnails
100_6394.jpg  
Old 08-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #50
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Since I am getting no help for my newfound addicition I must press on. This may be my little jewel. I just might keep the next three a surprise. I feel I should be giving equal time to the little boys so I may have to go back and do some more searching.
Hope you can see the liquid glass I added to the shells on her headpiece. Not to mention the tiny microbeads.

wow, thats a pretty nice one also. ya, the little boys always get left behind. I'm thinking sharing some of those sites would be a pretty nice thing? You could just PM me ?????? I just like to see what else that site has on it.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #51
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Linda, I am not going to any particular site . I just type paper dolls in my search engine, which in my case is Bing, and it brings up one that says paper doll printables. There are some you can print right from there after saving or they give you additional sites to go to. I scaled these down so they would be the right size but you can print them any size your printer will handle paper for. I might add these little cuties have different sheets of the outfits and wigs to choose from. I plan on a set for my grandaughter for Christmas.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #52
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Hi Linda, I am not going to any particular site . I just type paper dolls in my search engine, which in my case is Bing, and it brings up one that says paper doll printables. There are some you can print right from there after saving or they give you additional sites to go to. I scaled these down so they would be the right size but you can print them any size your printer will handle paper for. I might add these little cuties have different sheets of the outfits and wigs to choose from. I plan on a set for my grandaughter for Christmas.

Thanks I search with yahoo but I do know depending on search engine you do get different results so I'll try that also. I happen to like the fairy dolls a lot (big tinker bell fan) I wanted to make some of those altered tins and do a paper doll theme so thats what I was looking for and need to be able to shrink! additional outfits always great cause I dress paper bears also for greeting cards and scapbook pages.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #53
Matboard Maniac

I've been looking and gathering ideas can't wait to get started on them
Old 08-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #54
Die Cut Diva

anyone out there wanna play? Come on you know you do, whats you waiting for, huh?
Old 08-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #55
Die Cut Diva

found one more of what will be my dolls it's a stamp (little girl with basket flowers) I believe I'll pop dot basket for dememsion and flower soft all the blossoms! My trail run on it will be this week, I always create one before I choose it in case there are problems, lack of supplies, etc that's 2 confirmd and 1 pending but it is so much fun!

oh my fibers I ordered came in on saturday!!!! now for creative way to use them
Old 08-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #56
Polyshrink Goddess

I must share that my 3 year old grandaughter saw one of my paper doll pictures and said is that for me! Guess I know what she will be getting once I am finished with the swap. And I have found the cutest little vintage boy paper doll! Soon as I get him done up I will post a picture.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #57
Die Cut Diva

my granddaughters think paper dolls are so cool also. amazing they like them and its not electronic!!!!!! kids need those old basic toys of our parents and grand parents time. helps develope imagination
Old 08-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #58
Matboard Maniac

Funny now that you started this swap I'm seeing more and more paper dolls popping up maybe they are making a come back!
Old 08-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #59
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLittleMouse View Post
Funny now that you started this swap I'm seeing more and more paper dolls popping up maybe they are making a come back!
actually its been back a while. I do custom scrapbooks for people and have a online website and hands down 2 to 1 a scrapbbok or page with paper dolls on it sells everytime!

Last fall a lady ordered a scrapbook and wanted paper dolls from every century represented through out the album. Lot of research But fun. and it turned out beautifully I was even shocked at its appearance. turns out she was a doll collector and the scrapbook album was to highlight pictures of her dolls.

In some pre schools paper dolls are very sucessful. I did Christmas show last year with decorative tins that featured paper doll theme and contained a doll or 2 and some outfits. the mom's bought them as memories of there childhood!!!! I sold all I had with me this year I've planned ahead. I like to use mine for gift tags and greeting cards. I'm very low in supply which is why I decided to try it as a swap. I hope it does pick up more.

I set the date out a ways because I knew research and decision making might become diffcult as there is so much to choose from and very plentiful. I wish now I had added a just clothes option as I could use them for tear bears!!!!! look on ebay at the price of one little outfit!!!!

Tear bears are my next most requested item. which is why I also included bears in this swap. you can do either bears or dolls.

My gift to everyone will be a assortment of some cute bears and dolls and hopefully you all with find them as fun to give as to receive Did I tell you I'm thrilled to have you on board for this swap? I really like your work.
I was so impressed with your disney mice. absolutely adorable!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #60
Matboard Maniac

Oh thanks Linda!!!

Tear bears are super cute. I went to a class and we made tear skunks. There's a thought for a new swap tear animals.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:40 PM   #61
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLittleMouse View Post
Oh thanks Linda!!!

Tear bears are super cute. I went to a class and we made tear skunks. There's a thought for a new swap tear animals.

I thought of that several times but since it's mainly a stampers site I wasn't sure how many could have nice mulberry paper avaliable and handmade paper doesn't work nearly as well.

I wish I love making little bears especially the cutest peek a boo bears!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:26 AM   #62
Matboard Maniac

Hmm, that is true I didn't think of that. I wanted to get started on these and print some but my new printer is not working so I have to wait till they send me a new one. Hopefully I'll get it today.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #63
Die Cut Diva

found some fur fuzzy and white trim at local fabric store today!!! gonna make some fur lined outfits on a winter doll! she would then be a beautiful center focal on any winter theme care or a get well card!!!! the hair & hat and fur trim will all be 3D.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #64
Die Cut Diva

we must all be very busy! Take care everyone and find some relax time for yourself anyone else wanna play?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #65
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Hi Linda -- Can I have two spots? I will likely use my Cricut paper doll carts but after seeing some inspiration here, I may go find other ideas!
I think I'll do a Knight in shining armor for starters, and then the other one will be a Fairy probably, not sure where you want to fit those on your lists... costumes or fairy tale? If I can find a cute vintage idea and maybe a holiday one too, I may do one of those but let me see what I can find out there first.
Do they have to move or have removeable clothing pieces to play with or are they more for cards/tags?

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #66

OOH, I found a cute vintage one so I'll also do one vintage spot.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #67
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
Hi Linda -- Can I have two spots? I will likely use my Cricut paper doll carts but after seeing some inspiration here, I may go find other ideas!
I think I'll do a Knight in shining armor for starters, and then the other one will be a Fairy probably, not sure where you want to fit those on your lists... costumes or fairy tale? If I can find a cute vintage idea and maybe a holiday one too, I may do one of those but let me see what I can find out there first.
Do they have to move or have removeable clothing pieces to play with or are they more for cards/tags?

Thanks for joining! 4 spots vintage, holiday, fairy, costume The answers to questions. No they do not need additional clothes as I was thinking only of cards and scrapbook pages and especialy tags for gifts for grand childern/children. So they would not need to have moveable parts. If that is something you do I'll try to swap for you something similar to work you did put into it.

I did think about a additional category for clothes only as I make tear bears from mulberry and the clothes would have been great there, but had already started swap and didn't want to confuse anyone so I left it. I do lot of cards with paper dolls they always are popular.

By changing the background paper and additional embellishments dolls can work for any theme. In fact I'm excited about all these "faries" appearing as I do lots of gardening cards and a fairy in a garden/floral background are made for each other!! I'll find some pictures and load them soon so you can see!!

becareful.....WARNING..... very addictive just ask angelsparkly!!!!!! lol
Old 09-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #68

Oh, I know they are addictive... I've hosted several Art Doll ones on here and have a birdcage display in my craft room that has several pinned on it for inspiration! Love them! I think Margaret played in my last round of those also!

Old 09-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #69

I loved paper dolls when I was a kid... any one else remember when they were 'in'? Especially celebrity ones, like Shirley Temple, Elizabeth Taylor, Lucille Ball, etc?

Old 09-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #70
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
I loved paper dolls when I was a kid... any one else remember when they were 'in'? Especially celebrity ones, like Shirley Temple, Elizabeth Taylor, Lucille Ball, etc?

oh yes! once upon time you could buy paper dolls and lots outfits in books like coloring books are today. I had box full of those no 2 alike. my sisters and I collected every doll and our grand mother taught us out to make outfits one summer. Seems like centuries ago but wonderful memories.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #71
Die Cut Diva

here's to a good week! I got a speciality piece paper at a yard sale this weekend I'm gonna make a outfit out of if it works may create tear bear for everyone. it's a delicate piece of paper! I just wish they had more
Old 09-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #72
Die Cut Diva

now I got to split my time between animals and paper dolls!!! lol, sure hope I remenber which faces to stamp where? my poor desk is 1/2 animals in various stages and 1/2 dolls in 3 stacks (completed, almost, and to start) luckily last stack is smaller than all and thats not to mention the folder ful of new patterns to try and today I got box full of rubber stamps with ink!!!!! no time to even play with them
Old 09-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #73
Matboard Maniac

Linda you sound busy!!

I had ideas but now I think I'm switching my ideas. I just need time to create. I also have to check my supplies.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #74

Hoping to get these done this week/weekend!

Old 09-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #75

Wow! Did I scare everyone off? Where did everyone go?

I've been working on these today. Finished my Knights in Shining Armor (with swords and dragons to slay) and my Pumpkin Patch Fairies.
I have the other two started, just have to get a few finishing touches and finish coloring the vintage dolls.

Hope you are all having crafting time!

Old 09-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #76
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi all, just got back from some family time and brought back a cold . Just catching up on reading. This week hope to get my dolls decided on and completed. Have to as we are getting new flooring and my craft room will have to be out of commission for a bit. Ykes!
Old 09-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #77
Die Cut Diva

Susan we're here! pumkin fairies sound very interesting I like fairies very much I'm huge Tinker belle fan. Knights sound good too I have a grandson who would approve! He's 3 1/2 Margaret how will you function with no craft room!!!!!! that's terrible. And right at the holidays (the craftiest time of year) Hope the cold is better soon. Ladies enjoy weekend they are going to take grand daughter apple picking tomorrow. I hope to have some nice apples and they may get a pumkin for me!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 04:39 AM   #78
Matboard Maniac

No, didn't scare me off either, lol. I just haven't had much time lately, my 4 year and 3 year old (11 months apart) have been driving me crazy leaving me not much time to create. And then when I do have a few minutes it's I just want to sit and do nothing. There goes my peace and quiet time they both just woke up, lol.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #79

Well, I finished up my vintage dolls, and LOVE them. I made them small for this swap, which was a challenge but fun. It is "Melanie" a pattern by Judy M. Johnson, she reminds me of my older sisters when they were about 4 yrs old from pics I have of them back in the 50's/60's. I made her with a little 'kickstand' like the old paper dolls, so they would stand up, and then I made her two outfits that are removable, even have the old fashioned paper dolls 'tabs' on them to fold on the clothes, remember? And she comes with 3 additional outfits that the recipient can color and create if they like.
The outfits are a little coat and hat, like the felted wool sets worn in the 50's/60's, and I have it embeliished with very tiny rhinestone flowers and gold-rimmed buttons, a little rhinestone on her purse button tab and on her shoe clips. I mean tiny too. And then she has a houserobe with itty bitty buttons, and a flocked teddy bear.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #80

Now to finish up my Santas and then I'll be ready to mail!

Closed Thread