Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to lindac007
Default POSTAL NOW Paper dolls OR Easter cards Easter/spring due 2/25/13

This is another round of the paper dolls we just finished with success and lots of talent and fun!! This is theme of Spring or Easter! It is a 3+1 (the one being hostess) you will get back 3 paper dolls. ***Each doll can be different They do not have to all 4 be the same!!! Use up those scrap pieces laying around! all 4 dolls can be different.

I would like to add *** each doll needs something as coordinating piece for her: example cute girl dressed in easter dress with a basket or a bunny or a flower! each doll gets 1 coordinating piece.

Quantity: 3+1 - The one is for the hostess (me You will not get one of your own back, so make an extra one for yourself!

We also have a choice to make a cute standard size greeting card using a doll!!!! This also is a 3 +1 (some beautiful little girl or boy stamps out there with spring/easter theme!!! again these cards can also each be different! They do not have to be 4 of the same!

Vendor Products: Any stamp from any company, Cricuit and paper piecing ok also but PLEASE use very good quality cardstock. No vendor restriction on embellishments - use as many embellishments as you like and at least 1. Designer papers are encouraged, but not required.

Due Date: February 25th 2013. I will mail them as soon as I receive all swaps! If your cards are received after the due date, I may have to return them to you. Please post in the thread or send me a PM when your cards are postal.

Mailing instructions: Place swap cards in a large baggie for waterproof purposes. Write your real name, SCS name and swap name on a piece of paper or the baggie for identification purposes.

Swap Return: Please include self-addressed stamped envelope. The amount of postage on your SASE should be the same amount used to mail to hostess. Please include 2 additional stamps to insure enough postage to return swaps. Additional postage will be returned if not used. PLEASE SEND ONLY POSTAGE STAMPS, NO DATED STAMPS OR METERED MAIL--My Post Office will not take them. If you would rather use Priority mail, please include one $5.15 priority stamp and a self-addressed priority label. I will provide priority envelope. If you are mailing from outside the US, please include $5 US cash (or more for additional spots) to cover return postage, and I will return whatever is left to you.

Before 3/5 Mailing address: Linda Carter
8302-2 Vermissa Ct
Louisville, Ky 40222

***** IF MAILING TO ME AFTER 3/5 USE THIS ADDRESS!!!!!!

linda carter
11402 S Tazwell Drive #1
Louisville ky 40241

I have a forward in for everything arriving after 3/1 so don't worry the majority of our next 3 swaps are already here just couple out there and I expect them to be fine I'm checking mail in both places!

Let's get ready over the long winter and Christmas holidays to look ahead to spring and Easter (which is March 31, 2013) so these will be back to you in plenty of time to use for Easter! I will mail out (hopefully) the morning of 2/28

Spring or Easter Greeting cards 3+1 *****Nothing to do with dolls it's spring/Easter of course you may use dolls if you wish but NOT necessary.

1 Venus@home (Venus) ***recv'd
2 Stampingooddeeds (withdraw)
3 Angelsparkly recv'd
4 Stamp Wizard recv'd
5 wileyk recv'd
6 Pamper1 (Edna) recv'd

Paper Dolls with 1 accessory 3+1

1 Venus@home ****recv'd
2 stampingooddeeds (withdraw)
3 stampingooddeeds (withdraw)

4 Angelsparkley recv'd
5 Ali1974 (withdraw)

Who wants to create!!!!!! plenty of time no rushing

swaps with me:::FYI

NEW Spring flowers & Animals due 2/28
NEW Paper dolls & cards Easter/spring due 2/25/13
NEW/OPEN TWICHIES and **RINCHIES DUE 3/1/13
New/Open Tags & cards due 3/15/13
NEW/OPEN DVD CASES WITH GIFT TAGS due 6/1

Last edited by lindac007; 03-02-2013 at 05:43 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Matboard Maniac

I'll take one in each spot, please
Old 11-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Swapper of the Month March 2012

I'll take one spot in greeting cards please and two spots in the dolls category. Thanks!

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?
Old 11-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
Die Cut Diva

Thank you ladies! I started today cleaning my craft room so I could start new year with clean desk and somewhat organized drawers!!!! I took small basket and added all small but useable pieces into it so I can see what I have to work with in using up small pieces!

looks like quite a bit ended up so far with several speciality papers, ribbons, buttons and from some project I can't even remember Feathers (lol) may make some feather hats for the paper gals isn't Easter when hats and bonnets are seen a lot?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
Die Cut Diva

Thank you Susan for the "link" and it really does work!!!!! I have all but given up on ever getting that feature to work! I've spent hours of time and only made it worse. I'm not all that computer knowledgeable just basic's enough to get around somewhat thanks a million! I'm so excited what a great thing you did, thanks
Old 11-16-2012, 04:16 AM   #6

I'm happy to enable when it comes to swaps. hehe

Oh, I have a HUGE BIN of scraps that I need to use. It could result in a LOT of dolls if that is the case... Now if I just had enough time off to do them!

Good idea though! I had a whole bunch of dolls already cut out on the Cricut from a Sunday School project I did on the Creation (made enough for 12 kids and only ended up having 4 that day, and I'd cut men and women ones as well as in multiple skin colors and hair colors etc so they could have a big selection to choose from). I plan on starting with those and like the idea of using scraps to finish them up. Thanks!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
Die Cut Diva

Great way to use them up and all can be different soo that takes care of any scraps add a embellishment and you're done!!! wow easy swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
I'm happy to enable when it comes to swaps. hehe

Oh, I have a HUGE BIN of scraps that I need to use. It could result in a LOT of dolls if that is the case... Now if I just had enough time off to do them!

Good idea though! I had a whole bunch of dolls already cut out on the Cricut from a Sunday School project I did on the Creation (made enough for 12 kids and only ended up having 4 that day, and I'd cut men and women ones as well as in multiple skin colors and hair colors etc so they could have a big selection to choose from). I plan on starting with those and like the idea of using scraps to finish them up. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:07 AM   #8

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Old 11-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
Polyshrink Goddess

OOOOH, I need one spot of each please!!! These are just so adorable. Mine are still sitting here with me at the computer! Can't let them go hide away yet.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #10
Die Cut Diva

Hey Margaret, I see while I was away you found me!!!! thanks you got one in each

Hope everyone had wonderful holiday and didn't over do it! I do love this season. My shopping is very little as I craft and trade all year long. so I've got them all wrapped and will get to post office hopefully this week! then I get to just enjoy the season especially the carols. I love Christmas music. and those Christmas specials on tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsparkly View Post
OOOOH, I need one spot of each please!!! These are just so adorable. Mine are still sitting here with me at the computer! Can't let them go hide away yet.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:12 AM   #11

Where did all the swappers go??? Shopping?

Old 11-30-2012, 06:09 AM   #12
Die Cut Diva

Must be, I noticed its that quite on all the boards! maybe there is a lull time with shopping, home responsiblities and kids out school soon and its just a busy time for most. I do have 2 people checking scrap supplies and pattern options so I expect we'll see couple more. most likely everyone will return just after christmas and with new goodies!!!!!

If you noticed the number of open swaps right now is lowest I've ever seen. can only figure its the season plus I think people worry about mail getting to correct place and on time more during Christmas season. I know that was concern for me as well. you put to much time and money into having a swap lost I know its happen to me couple times this year!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
Where did all the swappers go??? Shopping?

Last edited by lindac007; 11-30-2012 at 06:12 AM..
Old 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #13
Die Cut Diva

I got some new paper today it looks like glitter but does not have the feel of glitter planning to see what kind of Easter dresses it might make. If I use it on the hand cut paper piece dolls with some ribbon and buttons should work just great! in trial mode right now making a sample outfit! anyone done shopping for Christmas?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:25 AM   #14
Crimping Master

I'll take one spot in paper dolls please!

Alison

~ My Gallery ~
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #15

Hi Alison! Glad to see you join us! I loved your creations before!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #16
Die Cut Diva

welcome aboard!!!!! great to see you and have some fun with these beauties!I am knee deep in paper dolls right now trying to figure out what exactly I want to do!!!! tough decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali1974 View Post
I'll take one spot in paper dolls please!

Alison
Old 12-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #17
Die Cut Diva

well my glitter paper works great for a little Easter dress and matching bonnet! so thats one I also think of ice skaters and dance for spring so planning to use glitter paper for a skating pair (boy/girl) tried out quick pattern on both idea's was very happy with the look!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #18
Die Cut Diva

I have not had a day like today in a very long time !! I have to share a wonderful person here in SCS and previously in one of my swaps, sent me a large box of cards and card tops completed from swaps over the years which she never found use for. I cannot tell you how speechless I was it was totally a surprize and un-expected. after going through them I went and got my angel neighbor (she's like a grand mother to me) and we spent several hours looking, touching. feeling and examing beautiful card tops and cards sent by this person. I'm not identifing her so as not to embaress her if she didn't want that wonderful deed known to others!!!!

we are now in process of matching cardstock or paper to the card tops to complete a card (actually its my neighbor doing that) she's so excited and we will end up using every card in probally next 6 months since she gives cards to everyone in community and I have seen some wonderful stamping tecniques I never seen up close before. I am also making a journal of the way the card looks and how it looks like things were done!

What a wonderful thoughtful gift from someone who doesn't even know us very well. Truly a generous heart she is cleaning her craft room and some of those swaps were dated back to 2001 God bless her I hope she gets that craft room clean!!!!

then to complete the day a friend brought over a 3 layer chocolate chip homemade cake with a milk chocolate frosting also homemade!!!! I'm in heaven tonight it just dawned on me I forgot to tell neighbor about the cake we were so wrapped up in the paper I forgot the cake!!!!!!! oh well, quess i'll have to eat 2 peices lol

I hope your day is going as well as this has for me!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #19
Matboard Maniac

Wow, that sounded like a great day!

I've been so busy I haven't had anytime to do any swaps. I'll see what happens after christmas I hope things quiet down.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #20
Die Cut Diva

it will and you will have personal time again. Holidays wear us out! that's why it's once a year
Old 12-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #21
Die Cut Diva

Hello all, everyone must be busy getting Christmas ready its rather quite here at SCS this week. I know some are waiting until after Christams to commit to anything new. I'm using this time to complete all Jan/Feb swaps so I'll be ahead for a change is everyone cold? any snow?
Old 12-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #22
Die Cut Diva

Just found another use for paper dolls! I did a set of recipe cards 6x6 and used a paper doll with small skillet, pot, utensils in their hands was gift for someone and turned out so cute the dolls just popped the page!!!!!! I will have to do more recipe cards using a paper doll and stamped quote! so cute and easy. see they is a need for a selection of dolls in your stash!!!!! lol
Old 12-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #23
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post
Hello all, everyone must be busy getting Christmas ready its rather quite here at SCS this week. I know some are waiting until after Christams to commit to anything new. I'm using this time to complete all Jan/Feb swaps so I'll be ahead for a change is everyone cold? any snow?
Damp and hovering around 0 in Northern Ontario. We have a blanket of snow on the ground

~ My Gallery ~
Old 12-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #24
Die Cut Diva

no way do I want to be there!!!!! lol I hate snow (*except when it has first fallen) and I hate cold temps. makes me hurt all over in places I didn't know I had! BUT isn't it beautiful there in summer? I had friend went on a tour bus in canada and she said it was so beauitful and clear and she loved it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali1974 View Post
Damp and hovering around 0 in Northern Ontario. We have a blanket of snow on the ground
Old 12-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #25
Die Cut Diva

I did my first completely vintage doll today. very time consumming!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #26
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi all! Just checking in. Found a beautiful wallpaper sample book in my basement. Looks like lots of pretty Easter clothes could be made from it. Hmmmm?
We got about four inches of snow yesterday so hanging out inside today making cookies.
Have a safe and happy holiday!!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #27
Matboard Maniac

My parcell is headed your way!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #28
Die Cut Diva

wow you are fast! thanks I'll be watching for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus@home View Post
My parcell is headed your way!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #29
Die Cut Diva

I just delivered 21 paper doll pins to a womens church group for a Valentine event! they were great lfelt like I was leaving behind a part of me. The folks who ordered them were amazed and so happy they were all in Valentine colors and fancy dress and each had a tiny little sparkle crown. each out fit included purse, bonnet and gloves! the little pin back fit beautifully and they are sturdy made them 3 cardstock layers thick. About 2 1/2 inches tall.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #30
Die Cut Diva

happy new years everyone! May it be extremily creative for you Please be safe where ever you are tonight.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #31
Crimping Master

Now that Christmas and New Year's are over....time to get started on Easter Dolls!!!!! Looking forward to some frill, flowered spirngtime fun!

Alison

~ My Gallery ~
Old 01-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #32
Die Cut Diva

*****anyone doing this swap and the spring animals and spring garden swap lets mail them back as one package an dsave you some postage!!!!! the due date between 2 swaps is like couple days so lets just swap them and mail in and back in one package I'll get them out asap to you.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:34 AM   #33
Matboard Maniac

I'm doing both your swaps but I'll send each package seperate...it is cheaper for me to do this being Canadian but I do appreciate your money saving efforts on my behalf!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #34
Polyshrink Goddess

Happy new year! I am trying to convince myself to get healthier this year. I try to stay away from resolutions as they never work out. So have decided to set monthly goals for myself. There will have to be a craft goal in there each month. I think these swaps help fulfill that.
And it's a good thing I got on here as I had totally forgotten I was to make cards too!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:36 AM   #35
Matboard Maniac

I used one of my dolls from the last swap on a cookbook project I made it was super cute on the page.

I don't think I'll being joing this swap this time finally getting the holiday stuff over done needing a little break to recharge.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #36
Die Cut Diva

Linda

OK, if Easter cards are a totally different category.....

I'll take ONE spot in the Easter card category!

Then my goal is to mail these and the Spring Flowers & Animals all together (save on postage - great idea).
Old 01-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #37
Die Cut Diva

Sandra you kill me!!!!! lol yes Easter is Easter no paper doll needed unless that's your idea! So I'll put you down as 1 Easter card and remember they don't necessarily have to all be same (that's your call) I just believe in letting people be free in imagination instead of worrying about repeating that one good idea!

this way you can have several good idea's (lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard View Post
Linda

OK, if Easter cards are a totally different category.....

I'll take ONE spot in the Easter card category!

Then my goal is to mail these and the Spring Flowers & Animals all together (save on postage - great idea).
Old 01-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #38
Die Cut Diva

I understand you are always welcome so come back soon! I have just about used every doll from that swap and more with 4 grand daughters it's there favorite thing so I make all cards and tags for them using one. wish you had a pic of that recipe bet it was neat. they add such a cute element to anything,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLittleMouse View Post
I used one of my dolls from the last swap on a cookbook project I made it was super cute on the page.

I don't think I'll being joing this swap this time finally getting the holiday stuff over done needing a little break to recharge.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #39
Die Cut Diva

Venus got your dolls and Easter cards today WOW what a beautiful job. you know I've had you in other swaps I love your quality of work so neat and clean and just looks so professional! Love them both! thanks much

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus@home View Post
I'm doing both your swaps but I'll send each package seperate...it is cheaper for me to do this being Canadian but I do appreciate your money saving efforts on my behalf!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #40
Die Cut Diva

OK! I got ya posted to my wall, next to the computer, next to your other swap!
Closed Thread