Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to lindac007
Default POSTAL NOW Altered Tins, Envelopes, 3x3 boxes, cards due 9/15

Description: 3+1 on This swap is making 3 x 3 Note Card boxes or set of 4+1 decorative envelopes for either 3x3 or A2 (standard card). There are tons of examples on YouTube, and some on SCS under Gallery Here are two examples I like:

SUO Challenge #41 - Easy Events Card Box by angiover7 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

House Mouse Silhouette Envelopes by Susiespotless - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Twitterpated Note Card Box by Qbee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Altered tins 3+1 use altos, bandaide, cucrets, store bought, gift card tins any small tin is ok!
Please make a matching something to go with tin OR decorative inside (**see all examples in Gallery here at SCS it is amazing!!!!!! There are hundreds of examples for every occassion.**The tins don't have to all be same size or exact size but please use the same theme! I realize without buying them it's hard to get 4 tins same size. Here is couple examples:

Stamp Club Gifts by scrappedon - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers tins

altered - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com tins

Tooth Fairy Tin Boxes for Girls and Boys by MrsOke - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers tins

Tins and Tags Swap: Patty Jones by stampingwithlove - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers tins

Mini Books 3+1 (small and tiny) don't all have to be alike either! any theme or story. include embellishements and pictures. Creatye a book that says WOW. I will post pictures of these to gallery. Just because it's unique.
some samples there are more on u tube and in SCS gallery.

Nov08MFTA1 Night Before Christmas by scrapperLinsey - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers story book

Sam's Sketch my World add on by sam007 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers books

Disney Stocking Stuffers Swap by NancyLuvsMickey - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers books

Acetate Covered Mini Pocket Books A by militarystampingmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers books

Cards (standard size A2) is a 3+1 with theme of JARS or Tea Cups. WITH MATCHING DECORATIVE ENVELOPE Some examples from SCS Gallery:

IN A JAM? by lisa lara - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

HYCCT1120 - Treat Yourself by stampinsusie - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Save it for a rainy day by TerriBailey - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Quantity: 3+1 on 3x3 boxes
4+1 on decorative envelopes either standard size A2 or 3x3
3+1 on Altered tins
3+1 on cards (standard A2 size) with a theme of "jars" or "tea cups" with matching decorative envelope.

You will not get your own back (if we have enough swappers) so be sure to make an extra for yourself! You may sign up for more than 1 spot, but each spot you sign up for must be a different design.

Vendor products: High quality card stock and materials only. No vendor restrictions. make something you would love to give and receive.

Take Credit : Feel free to take credit with post-it notes. They work great! Also be sure to post on the thread once you send and receive your cards back.

Deadlines:
Sign-up deadline: August 15
Due IN my Hands: Sept 15
Return Date: I will send them postal NLT Sept 25, 2012 But will do my best to get them out much sooner.

Mailing instructions:
Packaging:
Place swap items in a large baggie for waterproof purposes. Write your real name, SCS name and name of swap on a piece of paper and include in the baggie for identification purposes.

Swap Return:
Include as much postage as it took for you to send plus a few extra stamps/dollars. No predated stamps. I'll return anything that's not used. Also please include an addressed return label and I'll reuse any envelopes/boxes. If you send priority, please include a priority stamp and label, and I will get the envelopes... If you want a DC#, please include extra for that cost and let me know.
*DO NOT send metered postage as we all know they only work for day of purchase!!
Canadian Friendly: Please send US cash/postage. I will send you change in US money and/or US postage. ****Remenber you must mail a little earlier to get here on time!

Date is set out ways so we can collect tins or work projects into summer schedules. Let's have some FUN!

Send your packages to:
Linda Carter
8302-2 Vermissa Ct
Louisville Ky 40222

ALTERED TINS (3+1)
1 Tiggypince **prize
2 lindac007
3 JennJenn79
4 JennJenn79 ***prize

MINI BOOKS (TINY AND SMALL) 3+1 (SEE INFO ABOVE)
1 SanuraScraps ***prizes (withdrawl)
2 klb1082 **prize
3 Travana *prize
4 lindac007

ENVELOPES SET 4+1 ON STANDARD OR 3X3 ENVELOPE (DECORATIVE)
1 klb1082 3x3 envies **prize
2 lindac007

3X3 CARD BOXES (3+1) tO PUT ALL THOSE ADORABLE 3X3 CARDS FROM EVERYONES SWAPS INTO.
1 bweaz **prize
2 klb1082* prize
3 lindac007

CARDS (full size) theme JARS OR TEA CUPS WITH DECORATIVE MATCHING ENVELOPE!
1 SanuraScraps ***prizes (withdrawl)
2 bweaz **prize
3 Travanna * prize
4 lindac007

Come play with us! I will try my very best to also be participating each each category! More swappers the merrier so invite someone!!!!

Last edited by lindac007; 10-01-2012 at 06:59 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess

subbing for now. want to do the tins but got check some scheduling, make sure i have time. it's going to be a crazy summer...
Old 05-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennJenn79 View Post
subbing for now. want to do the tins but got check some scheduling, make sure i have time. it's going to be a crazy summer...
I understand, come back if it works out as these are adorable! created my first ones last week in a class then went searching SCS gallery only to discover hundreds with every theme possible! Love them also gift card tins work great!

Great co-worker, friend, relative gift for birthday, Christmas or any occassion. did I mention I've fallen in love with them? Got all family saving me tins!! lol
Old 06-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
Die Cut Diva

hello everyone in SCS land! anyone want to play? got boxes, tins, envelopes and cards!
Old 06-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
Kookie Creator

oh my...this sounds absolutely GREAT!!! I love altering things. WOW...which one to choose? I'm a card girl so I'll do cards, and I like making mini books...so I'll take the altered boxes. Oh my such a wonderful idea for a swap.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanuraScraps View Post
oh my...this sounds absolutely GREAT!!! I love altering things. WOW...which one to choose? I'm a card girl so I'll do cards, and I like making mini books...so I'll take the altered boxes. Oh my such a wonderful idea for a swap.
Thanks much you won prize(s) for being first in category. also you meant altered tin right? the boxes was 3x3 for those cute 3x3 cards in all the swaps! I have so many now I need way to contain them so the boxes for 3x3 cards came to mind. BUT the altered tins are used all time for mini books (**see SCS gallery) there are several with books including some round tins. correct me if needed and I think it'll be fun.

May have to be a first for some as not everyone has even made those adorable mini books yet but we grow when we reach outside our comfort zone!!!I had actually toyed with idea of adding mini books if I did would you be interested in those as well?

Funny you mentioned them, I've made one and it was great but because of size time consuming for me I have fat fingers! was hard to create on such little page. Then lady comes by and says you some of the inches for the pages!!!!!! Like where was she when I needed some advice, really! lol
Old 06-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
Die Cut Diva

ADDED **** Mini books. had thought so much orginally about adding but didn't then first person in mentions them so maybe they were meant to be! Because these are so unique I will post pictures to gallery if you don't mind. For excitment and variety they can all be different I'm swapping within each category anyway. so if you send boxes you get boxes if you send cards you get cards if you send mini books then you get mini books! Enjoy since I will also participate in each section it will be interesting to see what turns up!!!! ** added some examples u tube has video's also of some different takes on mini story books. there are a lot of choices in style.

Last edited by lindac007; 06-02-2012 at 02:29 PM..
Old 06-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
Kookie Creator

Yay!!! Mini books! OK so I am gonna get started. My categories are cards and mini books. No tins...so excited. Got lots of ideas...
Old 06-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
Kookie Creator

Yay! You added mini books. So I will take mini books and cards. That should keep me busy for a while. Oopps didn't mean to post twice...
Old 06-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #10
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Yay! You added mini books. So I will take mini books and cards. That should keep me busy for a while. Oopps didn't mean to post twice...
ok you were way to excited!!!! but your wish is my command (done) out of curosity what style of mini books do you like creating? I've seen so many from size of 1/2 dollar to 2x3 approximately and using every kind of materials.
I've done about a 2x2 using heavy cardstock they were a folding style that created many pages. the folding was diffcult for me. I've since seen many other styles I want to try something different.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
Kookie Creator

Default pics of mini album using chipboard

I hope you can see these.
Attached Thumbnails
img_20120429_215128.jpg   img_20120429_230936.jpg   img_20120429_215219.jpg  
Old 06-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #12
Kookie Creator

Default paperbag mini

Here are some pics of a paper bag mini I did for a sample for Michael's craft store. I am the scrapbook teacher there. I get a lot of sign-ups to teach this one!
Attached Thumbnails
sdc14200.jpg   sdc14202.jpg   sdc14203.jpg   sdc14204.jpg  
Old 06-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #13
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Here are some pics of a paper bag mini I did for a sample for Michael's craft store. I am the scrapbook teacher there. I get a lot of sign-ups to teach this one!
WOW OMG if I was any where near your Michael's I'd be signing up also!!!!!
how beautiful and so delicate old looking. you are one talented lady!!!! My hat is off to you. They are beautiful. thanks for taking time to show us and future swappers on this thread a very well done mini book.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #14
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I hope you can see these.
Grrrrrreat Job !!!!!!! beautiful work that you do, how awesome. thanks for posting those picks.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #15
Die Cut Diva

well been watching some u tube video's on mini books and altered tins. there are so many options I've got to decide what I want to do and get a plan together. Just in case I decide to order some stuff or to make some extra's I'm seriously thinking cool stocking stuffers!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #16
Rubber Obsessor

Hello there,

I will take a spot in the 3x3 boxes and the full size cards.

thanks,
Beth
Old 06-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #17
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweaz View Post
Hello there,

I will take a spot in the 3x3 boxes and the full size cards.

thanks,
Beth
Thank you and welcome!
Old 06-12-2012, 03:06 AM   #18
Die Cut Diva

well I'm surprized we've not had more sign ups yet? Where are all those crafty adventourous people hiding out? Invite a friend and lets move out of comford zone! see all links and be inspired to create something you may never have thought of doing before now! We need and want you next please!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #19
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning!! end of week almost here.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #20
Stampin' Fool

subbing.......
Old 06-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #21
Die Cut Diva

well friday is upon us! got scrapping & creating time on my mind. doing prize envelopes I love doing those so much and helps me keep supplies in check so win/win it doesn't get better than that! enjoy all.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:23 AM   #22
Die Cut Diva

saw the cutest tea cup stamp yesterday my neighbor brought it over, fancy little tea cup and cute mouse climbing out looking sleepy and yawning! adorable stamp
Old 06-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #23
Die Cut Diva

Is everyone aware those little 3x3 boxes will house all your 3x3 cards made in other swaps. They make excellent stocking stuffers, teacher gift, mailman gifts, co-worker gifts etc. just add a tag and you are done!
Old 06-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #24
Pearl-ExPert

Can I please have a spot for 3x3 boxes, and another for mini-books, please?
Old 06-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #25
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by klb1082 View Post
Can I please have a spot for 3x3 boxes, and another for mini-books, please?
all done! Thanks very much for joining us! welcome we've been quite bunch so far but that's because I've already seen some awesome projects and can't wait to see these idea's. Enjoy.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:16 AM   #26
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks, Linda.
I can't wait to get started on these!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #27
Kookie Creator

Question, for the mini books...can I do the meander book or toilet paper roll album? Those are small and very quick/easy to make. If you don't know what the meander book is, it's a mini book made of just one 12x12 piece of paper. Search on youtube and put in meander book...you'll be amazed at these little books.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:54 AM   #28
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Question, for the mini books...can I do the meander book or toilet paper roll album? Those are small and very quick/easy to make. If you don't know what the meander book is, it's a mini book made of just one 12x12 piece of paper. Search on youtube and put in meander book...you'll be amazed at these little books.
that meander book is very interesting I like it. so yes you could do those I've not seen it before except for search you sent me on, so try them if you like upload picture also. and yes meander is an option I'll load some examples tomorrow as traveling today.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #29
Die Cut Diva

Hi all. looking for creative swappers!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #30
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Travanna

Good afternoon! Hope everyone is having a blessed day!

I will take one spot in the mini books a nd one spot in the cards - teacup category, please. This is an exciting swap. Hope more folks sign up.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #31
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travanna View Post
Good afternoon! Hope everyone is having a blessed day!

I will take one spot in the mini books a nd one spot in the cards - teacup category, please. This is an exciting swap. Hope more folks sign up.
Thanks for joining us got you down feel free if any questions date is off aways so enjoy!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #32
Pearl-ExPert

Busy playing with paper and scissors here.
Can I please have one spot in envelopes for the 3x3 size?
Thanks!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #33
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
So pretty!!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #34
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by klb1082 View Post
Busy playing with paper and scissors here.
Can I please have one spot in envelopes for the 3x3 size?
Thanks!
Welcome!! thanks for joining us. You are in a prize spot!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #35
Kookie Creator

I would like a spot in the altered tin listing please!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:35 AM   #36
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggyPince View Post
I would like a spot in the altered tin listing please!
That is wonderful!!!!welcome I was hoping I could trade with someone! Been waiting onyou I love tins! Got some very nice ones done just waiting for a trade partner. Anything I can answer or do for you just let me know and again welcome to the swap!!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #37
Die Cut Diva

anyone else wanna play? plenty of time left! great stocking stuffers, small gifts when needed in hurry and awesome teacher /co-worker gifts.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:54 AM   #38
Die Cut Diva

a local friend of mine called to come look at something she made. WOW she had created a stocking stuffer tin for every member of the family for this Christmases gift. She geared the theme to each individual and I've never seen such beautiful items and the time invested screams "I love you" wish I was on her Christmas list! the kids had games and girls had little polly pocket tins! mom's had variety from first aid to stress relief and even the guys had tins! she found at a dollar store little tool kits and added nuts & screws to their tin's and one she added tiny flashlight to outside for adding to a overalls pocket loop! so handy and creative. she'll get me a picture so you can see. there was cook book tins and story tins all centered around the interest of each family member!
what a heirloom item to keep can't wait to see what we can create! anyone else interested in joining there's still time.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #39
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post
a local friend of mine called to come look at something she made. WOW she had created a stocking stuffer tin for every member of the family for this Christmases gift. She geared the theme to each individual and I've never seen such beautiful items and the time invested screams "I love you" wish I was on her Christmas list! the kids had games and girls had little polly pocket tins! mom's had variety from first aid to stress relief and even the guys had tins! she found at a dollar store little tool kits and added nuts & screws to their tin's and one she added tiny flashlight to outside for adding to a overalls pocket loop! so handy and creative. she'll get me a picture so you can see. there was cook book tins and story tins all centered around the interest of each family member!
what a heirloom item to keep can't wait to see what we can create! anyone else interested in joining there's still time.
WOW indeed! She sounds very crafty and obviously cares a lot about her family. What a wonderful idea! Can't wait to see a picture.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #40
Pearl-ExPert

JCI. Have a great weekend all!
Closed Thread