Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
SCS Swap Moderator

Heart May Swapper of the Month - normat

Congratulations to our May Swapper of the Month! Here is a little information about Norma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normat
Okay, so my first thought when I read my selection as May Swapper of the Month was, WHAT!
Really - are you kidding me. Why? So my conversation with myself was something out of Sally Fields mouth many years ago at the Oscars, “they like me”. LOL.

Thank you very much for this honour, which was totally unexpected. After all, who thinks you are going to be selected for something you love to do. This is so exciting. So you want to know about me. Well, I started my creative streak about six years ago, when I was introduced to my mentor and Stamp N Up demonstrator Alison Solven. She is a wonderful lady and a friend still. I progressed from making cards and selling them at craft fairs to joining a great group at SCS and being introduced to ATC’s, inchies, twinchies, and Moo’s. Who would have known then that I would join almost every PAT group since PAT4 back in 2007. (I just looked it up in my swap book). I have met so many lovely ladies in the various groups and it’s like having long lost cousins, whom you haven’t met yet but they still are part of your extended family.

I am a retired, married, grandmother of two girls. One is just 13 and the other will be 10 later this year. We all live in the same house and have done for the past 15 plus years. In separate quarters, of course, with our own private space. We have a family shared dog named Charlee. She is a black cocker spaniel and the super diva of all times.

What are my favourite tools. My paper cutter is the sole foundation of anything I work with. Just a simple one, no fancy sharp handle, finger chopping blades for me. I like things clean and in some ways tailored in appearance, so stepping outside of the box to try other things is hard for me. But glitter, oh my! It has to have sparkle and bling. Otherwise the piece is just not finished in my opinion. My favourite “glue” is two sided Sookwang tape and my glue is UHUstic. I find those seem to hold their powers better than others I have tried. I have both the Big Shot and the Cuttlebug originals, and they serve the purpose for me.I am always in awe of my fellow swappers and their creativity and covet their abilities. So in the process I have picked up so many fabulous ideas from them. They are all such a great bunch to work with, and chat with.
My crafting space is small. The lady who owned this house before us converted a double sized closet into a working space with shelves and a full width desk, so I have a lot of my stuff in this area and it serves me well.
And finally, about me - I am a Canadian born in England, raised in Montreal, and transferred to the West Coast in my 20's where I met my husband and we were blessed with one daughter, who is the best of everything rolled into one package. I can’t ask for anything more. Our life has been non-catastrophic, a few dramas and unexpected heartaches to be overcome like everyone else. I always tell myself that we are not unique.
Something you do not know about me. For five years, my DH and I belonged to a Van club. We had a customized van and traveled almost every weekend with our club to other events, which included our children. We put lots of miles on our van and loved it. Until we did the math, and realized we could buy a house with the money we spent. So we gave up the life, but never the van. These days we do less travelling, but we still have a mini van. Quite empty, except for the space for our groceries and a walker. Oh how life has changed.
Be sure to check out Norma's gallery and keep an eye out for her in the swap forums.

Norma's Gallery

Feel free to add your comments for Norma to this thread.

---------

Last edited by vz5dzh; 05-04-2013 at 06:09 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Closed Thread