Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #161
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by libreeder@aol.com View Post
How do you attach the ribbon? Do you just stick the pin through it?
Yes, I just stuck the pin in the ribbon. I added beads before the ribbon and beads after with tacky glue to hold the ribbon in place. These are so fun to make, that I think my leftovers are going to be used in my monthly card challenge goals.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #162
Die Cut Diva

Happy Saturday everyone!
I'm working 4-9 today - yuck, the good news is, it's a dreary day so we might get busy, which I LOVE, because the time will go fast. This morning DH surpised me by asking if I wanted to go to a Scrapbook Show tomorrow, he said he go with me ~ after I picked myself up off the floor I said YES!

Ok, so I dusted off my Circut and made 2 layer tags for my first group of pins, they are ready to go, though I'm not impressed with the tags, they are black on black and I used a ribbon to put the pins in place. Nothing fancy and VERY plain.

The 2nd holder is a matchbox and the pins will go inside, I'm still working on these and they are going to be a little more colorful and a little more involved. I'm liking these do far.

I am kicking around a holder for my 3rd set that will be even more involved. It's still rattling around in my brain and evolves everytime I think about it, so we will see...

Have a great weekend!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #163
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to soaksupthesun
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi*S View Post
Happy Saturday everyone!
I'm working 4-9 today - yuck, the good news is, it's a dreary day so we might get busy, which I LOVE, because the time will go fast. This morning DH surpised me by asking if I wanted to go to a Scrapbook Show tomorrow, he said he go with me ~ after I picked myself up off the floor I said YES!

Ok, so I dusted off my Circut and made 2 layer tags for my first group of pins, they are ready to go, though I'm not impressed with the tags, they are black on black and I used a ribbon to put the pins in place. Nothing fancy and VERY plain.

The 2nd holder is a matchbox and the pins will go inside, I'm still working on these and they are going to be a little more colorful and a little more involved. I'm liking these do far.

I am kicking around a holder for my 3rd set that will be even more involved. It's still rattling around in my brain and evolves everytime I think about it, so we will see...

Have a great weekend!
Wow! you are so blessed to have DH that supports your hobby!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #164
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticsole View Post
After reading through the thread, YouTube'ing for hours and making a few...I'm jumping in! Put me down for one spot for now. I think the holder will be the most challenging but after all the ideas I'm sure to find something! Love all the ideas!! <3
GREAT glad to have you join us, I have you down for 1 spot-thanks
Old 01-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #165
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Deb, beleive me when I say that I am NOT computer savy either. LOL. I really don't know much about the machine I just keep seeing them on posts here and there. The only place I know of to purchase one is Amazon (because they are the "Walmart" of cyber space).

The SVG file is what's called a "vector" file whatever THAT is. In any case, and very basically speaking, it will turn clip art and fonts into die cuts and then with a USB cable connected to a die cutting machine, you can cut them out.

There was a program called SCAL ~ Sure Cuts A Lot ~ that you could, through your computer have it "talk" to your Cricut and it would do the same thing. Only Provo Craft shut that down fairly quickly.

If you are interested I'm SURE You Tube has all sorts of info on it.
I did look some up on YT, the first one that I saw scared me off a bit. but I watched a couple others, I guess it don't look to bad, probably allot more economical in the long run but with what I have invested in the cricut, and I had the gypsy, I sure liked that it was so easy to take that with you and work on things

I have been out of touch with the crafting world for quite a while, there are allot of things I need to get up to speed on
Old 01-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #166
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Happy Saturday everyone!

Have a great weekend!
WOW!!!! what a guy, gotta love him
Old 01-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #167
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Happy Saturday everyone!

Have a great weekend!
Wow! What a guy! I can barely get my DH to go grocery shopping with me! He has a very different view on shopping. He hates it so much, he has even had me read an article on how men and women's shopping styles differ based on prehistoric life! You know, men are hunters, women are gatherers. Therefore, men know what they are looking for, track it, find it, buy it and leave. Women have to look at everything before they find something, buy it and leave. Kind of like foraging for food and medicine when we were cavemen. It was an interesting article, but I digress my point is, you are a lucky woman!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #168
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn_leger View Post
Wow! What a guy! I can barely get my DH to go grocery shopping with me! He has a very different view on shopping. He hates it so much, he has even had me read an article on how men and women's shopping styles differ based on prehistoric life! You know, men are hunters, women are gatherers. Therefore, men know what they are looking for, track it, find it, buy it and leave. Women have to look at everything before they find something, buy it and leave. Kind of like foraging for food and medicine when we were cavemen. It was an interesting article, but I digress my point is, you are a lucky woman!!!
LOL. that sounds like this household--he does know he is out looking for, he does track it down, he then buys it and leaves, never even looking at the price tag--which just drives me CRAZY!!! then there is me... I DO have to look at everything and check the prices, see which one is better economically, put it in the basket, and then sometimes put it back on the shelf and think about it some more, go back, look at it again, put it back in the basket, then buy it and leave, allot of the time debating with myself if this is something that I want, something that I need, can I live without it (usually I can't)
Old 01-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #169
Inking Addict

Red face

Got my stuff all ready. Going to start soon.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:22 AM   #170
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Thank you

Quote:
Yes, I just stuck the pin in the ribbon. I added beads before the ribbon and beads after with tacky glue to hold the ribbon in place. These are so fun to make, that I think my leftovers are going to be used in my monthly card challenge goals.
I added some feathers and ribbon and am much happier with the results.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:26 AM   #171
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I added some feathers and ribbon and am much happier with the results.
Good can't wait to see them.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #172
Polyshrink Goddess

Debbie,

Can I have a 3rd spot? I'm almost done with enough pins and then just need to work on holders.

Madonna
Old 01-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #173
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Debbie,

Can I have a 3rd spot? I'm almost done with enough pins and then just need to work on holders.

Madonna
sure I just added another spot for you---Thanks
Old 01-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #174
Stazon Splitcoast

anyone else want to join or add another spot
Old 01-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #175
Die Cut Diva

Well, I know I'm going to disappoint a lot of you, but we didn't go to the scrapbook show today. I was the one who actually didn't want to go. I thought about it, and as generous as his offer was, how much fun would I have had with him standing around. I know he wouldn't have rushed me, but I would have felt rushed.
As far as the whole hunter & gather thing. We both must be hunters, because I talk myself out of shopping. I really, don't like to shop, I'm in and out as quickly as I can be. I go with a list and very rarely look around.
So today we went to Fort Worth, had lunch/dinner in the stockyards, then I went to the Tea & Spice exchange to stock up on some teas, and flavored sugars, oh and I bought some for a friend for her birthday. Even though there wasn't any scrapbooking items involved, it was still a good day.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #176
Stazon Splitcoast

FLAVORED SUGAR!!

Ohhhhh my, I need to get out more. I know there isn't anything around here that would offer that, I think I need to move back OUT of Calif
Old 01-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #177
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

ummmm. I love me some flavored sugar!

I think I have some blueberry left - AND I got it at the Tea/Spice place
Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #178
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Quote:
After reading through the thread, YouTube'ing for hours and making a few...I'm jumping in! Put me down for one spot for now. I think the holder will be the most challenging but after all the ideas I'm sure to find something! Love all the ideas!! <3
Hi Peggie! So glad you're joining...you are so creative.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #179
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Quote:
Well, I know I'm going to disappoint a lot of you, but we didn't go to the scrapbook show today. I was the one who actually didn't want to go. I thought about it, and as generous as his offer was, how much fun would I have had with him standing around. I know he wouldn't have rushed me, but I would have felt rushed.
As far as the whole hunter & gather thing. We both must be hunters, because I talk myself out of shopping. I really, don't like to shop, I'm in and out as quickly as I can be. I go with a list and very rarely look around.
So today we went to Fort Worth, had lunch/dinner in the stockyards, then I went to the Tea & Spice exchange to stock up on some teas, and flavored sugars, oh and I bought some for a friend for her birthday. Even though there wasn't any scrapbooking items involved, it was still a good day.
Oh Sandi! I can't imagine not going! Was it in Plano?? Seems there is a stamp/scrap show this time of year there. I try to visit my DD in July when the HeirloomPro stamp/scrap show is held in Plano. I love going to the stockyards! It's been awhile since she's taken me there; going to put that on my to do list when I visit in July.

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #180
Polyshrink Goddess

Vickie, thank you so much for your lovely compliment in my gallery! Glad you're here, can't wait to see your creations!

Glitter is my favorite color

Last edited by CntrywmnStamper; 01-28-2013 at 03:37 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #181
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
ummmm. I love me some flavored sugar!

I think I have some blueberry left - AND I got it at the Tea/Spice place
I did look it up on the web, found some "how to" sites I may try making some. SOUNDS SOOOOOO GOOD
Old 01-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #182
Stazon Splitcoast

bmp
Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #183
Swapper of the Month - April 2013

Send a message via MSN to artisticsole
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Hi Peggie! So glad you're joining...you are so creative.
Hi Vickie!! ((waving)) Thank you!! You are so sweet and kind!! Last time I checked you're pretty creative too--love your blog!! <3
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #184

Quote:
This may sound silly, but I have to ask--you had dinner in the stockyards? Is it a historical site or something?--I can just see a cow looking at you while you eat (obviously I've never been to Texas!)
Old 01-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #185
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayes1 View Post
FLAVORED SUGAR!!

Ohhhhh my, I need to get out more. I know there isn't anything around here that would offer that, I think I need to move back OUT of Calif
Deb, check this place out - it's fabulous! Unfortunately they do not have one in Cali but they are run by franchise, so you can open your own!

The Spice & Tea Exchange - Fort Worth
Old 01-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #186
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
This may sound silly, but I have to ask--you had dinner in the stockyards? Is it a historical site or something?--I can just see a cow looking at you while you eat (obviously I've never been to Texas!)
Too funny! Yes, the Forth Worth Stockyards are historical, the stockyards had and still have a train rail that runs through it. It was a hub for trading and shipping cattle in the 1800's. They still have national Rodeos there in the Arena and at the Will Rodgers Coliseum. Now it is bascially a tourist area, with bars (the one from "Walker, Texas Ranger" TV series.The Stockman Hotel which you can't get into unless you book 1,000 years in advance, and shops and resturants. Oh and bars, like a million bars. They also have THE best BBQ at Riscky's Check ou the link if you are interested on reading more. We are very big history buffs, not that I retain a lot of what I've learned, but enough to sound like I know a lot

History of the Stockyards
Old 01-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #187
Stazon Splitcoast

hahahaha. I can see eating beside a cow.... LOL

I live northwest of Fort Worth.

The Stockyards are a great place...
Old 01-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #188

Quote:
Too funny! Yes, the Forth Worth Stockyards are historical, the stockyards had and still have a train rail that runs through it. It was a hub for trading and shipping cattle in the 1800's. They still have national Rodeos there in the Arena and at the Will Rodgers Coliseum. Now it is bascially a tourist area, with bars (the one from "Walker, Texas Ranger" TV series.The Stockman Hotel which you can't get into unless you book 1,000 years in advance, and shops and resturants. Oh and bars, like a million bars. They also have THE best BBQ at Riscky's Check ou the link if you are interested on reading more. We are very big history buffs, not that I retain a lot of what I've learned, but enough to sound like I know a lot

History of the Stockyards
That's cool!! Should I ever venture to Texas I'm for sure going there-- I still think the cow munching while you're eating would be a hit too! Can't get that pic out of my head now--hee hee
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #189
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Deb, check this place out - it's fabulous! Unfortunately they do not have one in Cali but they are run by franchise, so you can open your own!

The Spice & Tea Exchange - Fort Worth
Oh, and right now, I'm having chocolate tea with coconut sugar - Yum-mie!!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #190
Stazon Splitcoast

now that sounds good!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #191
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh, and right now, I'm having chocolate tea with coconut sugar - Yum-mie!!
Hmmmmmm, chocolate tea?? sounds interesting

going top have to look around for some tea shops, I used to go to one when I lived in Omaha, but out here in Riverside Ca --- well there isn't much to offer, it's a large city so that really surprises me...I did find a tea shop on Rodeo dr. when I went to Beverly hills. But thats not just around the corner and I hate the freeway traffic getting there.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #192
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
That's cool!! Should I ever venture to Texas I'm for sure going there-- I still think the cow munching while you're eating would be a hit too! Can't get that pic out of my head now--hee hee
Well, at 2 (I think or it may be "High Noon") and 4 they do have a cattle drive down the center of the Stockyards. If you are sitting outside eating... well, you get the picture...and remember they ARE primitive animals, without getting too graphic!

Well off to work - hope the storms - if they happen - keep the crazies away!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #193
Insane Embellisher

Check out Yelp...there are 5 tea shops in Riverside area. I've been to one of them when I lived down there, don't remember which one though. One has 5 stars on Yelp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayes1 View Post
Hmmmmmm, chocolate tea?? sounds interesting

going top have to look around for some tea shops, I used to go to one when I lived in Omaha, but out here in Riverside Ca --- well there isn't much to offer, it's a large city so that really surprises me...I did find a tea shop on Rodeo dr. when I went to Beverly hills. But thats not just around the corner and I hate the freeway traffic getting there.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #194
Polyshrink Goddess

Just finished my first set of pin holders. I'm happy with the results after I adjusted the height of the box to accommodate my longer pins. I ended up with 5 boxes I can't use. Guess I'll have to make some shorter pins. Lol. Time for bed as it's almost 1 am. Love the late night crafting until I have to get up in the morning.

Madonna
Old 01-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #195
Mad Swapper

Half done my last spot, including holders! I just need to get some more bead caps so I can finish up!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #196
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Well, at 2 (I think or it may be "High Noon") and 4 they do have a cattle drive down the center of the Stockyards. If you are sitting outside eating... well, you get the picture...and remember they ARE primitive animals, without getting too graphic!

Well off to work - hope the storms - if they happen - keep the crazies away!

We had stockyards in Omaha where I grew up and then went back to for 22yrs, They were there for many MANY yrs, and although they are no longer there, the main building is and it's a hot spot for banquets now (I think it is a national landmark) all in the name of progress, They have built up the area but I say it's just all about the buck. Yes it was a very aromatic area of town. I just think it was a shame that they took it out.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:23 AM   #197
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via MSN to arubberstamper

I made 28 stick pins today. So please sign me up for a couple more spots. Will be making the holders this week, and I will be sending them out next week to you in the mail. Thanks Debbie for hosting.
Hugs
Robin
Old 01-30-2013, 01:12 AM   #198
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubberstamper View Post
I made 28 stick pins today. So please sign me up for a couple more spots. Will be making the holders this week, and I will be sending them out next week to you in the mail. Thanks Debbie for hosting.
Hugs
Robin
28 pins would give you 7 pkg of pins, one for you to keep right off the top, then 6 sets (24 pins to me) are sent to me. I keep one set and will swap out 5 sets for all the players
Old 01-30-2013, 01:44 AM   #199
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via MSN to arubberstamper

Sign me up for total of five spots. 5x5=25. And I have three left. Will send them for you Debbie.
Hugs
arubberstamper
Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #200
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubberstamper View Post
Sign me up for total of five spots. 5x5=25. And I have three left. Will send them for you Debbie.
Hugs
arubberstamper
for each spot that you sign up for would require a total of 24 pins, 4 different pins per holder, and 6 holders, 1 of those holders will be for the hostess then you will receive 5 holders back. I hope that helps
Closed Thread