Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to lindac007
Default closed and completed Winter animals

Please join me for Winter Animal Friends Card Candy Swap.

Each spot will contain 3 animals to person times 4 so total of 12 animals. Package in sets of 3 animals. Nine animals will be swapped for you. 3 animals are for hostess (me) thanks! To be used on scrapbook pages/cards or other paper crafts. These cute friends can be made out of paper, fabric or felt. or combination of materials. They can be stamped, paper pieced or machine cut. Any media choice, just do a job you are proud of and would want to receive. Please be sure to use at least two layers and 2 embellishments on each piece. Embellishments can be a 3-D item or as simple as stamping or embossing, ribbons, glitter, layering, etc Max size is 4 1/2 inches min size is 2 1/2 inches.

This is a 3+1 swap. Sign up for as many spots as you like, but each spot must be different. The animals can be ANY animals. MUST be in a winter theme. Penguins in snow, bears in cave, rabbits/deer in snow, woods, etc? bear wearing scarf and hat, penguin on ice block, Reindeer, etc
Please bag each set separately. Attaching to an acetate sheet with a topper is not required, but they sure do look nicer that way - it's up to you. Also remember to put your SCS name on your bags. Everyone likes to know who made what. Plus it makes it easier to swap out.

*******Create a card!!!!! If card candy isn't your thing, how about a 3+1 full size (A2) greeting card using "Winter animal" as the theme? Those cute polar bears, snow bunnies and reindeer and Christmas mice would be terrific for this swap!

Due: November 10th. Please include a SASE or label if I'm reusing your envie along with the same amount of postage it took to mail to me plus a few more stamps in case. The extra stamps will be returned if they are not needed. If all received before deadline will mail within the week.

Prizes for the 1st, 5th, 10th, and every 5th spot after... Prizes for 2 spots. Who'll be the first?? Place in baggies for protection and put your Name some where sticky note or something.

Will have a challenge or two along way for prizes as well.

Mail to:
Linda Carter
8302-2 Vermissa Ct
Louisville, Ky 40222

who can create a cute WINTER THEME CARD CANDY animal?
1 seanryan6 withdrawl
2 venus@home
3 lindac (me)
4 stamp wizard

Who can create a set of 3 "Winter animal" greeting cards? any theme but use winter animals! so you could use one of your card candy animals (**just cut or stamp extra) and feature it in a card!

1 seanryan6 withdrawl
2 venus@home
3 lindac (me)
4 stamp wizard

Last edited by lindac007; 12-11-2012 at 12:55 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
Die Cut Diva

anyone wanna play along? this is a swap created from a summer swap of "all animals" and there were some beautiful card candy creations!!!!! so by request we're gonna try winter animals and maybe have a spring animals? (thats the one with all those babies!) but first winter animals. there are some extremily cute stamps I've seen, anyone got one they can share? all you paper piecing folks I know of those patterns, anyone wanna share one? Cricut users I'm not as familiar with animals but they must have some cute winter animals somewhere? anyone care to share one?
Old 09-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

Sure Linda--put me down for one in each spot please
for card candy I'm going to do singing reindeer and for the card---I'm gonna do a chillin Polar bear
Old 09-18-2012, 05:48 AM   #4
Matboard Maniac

Thinking about it I need to finish up some other swaps first before I join any more.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #5
Matboard Maniac

I will take one spot in each please!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
Die Cut Diva

i hear there are some polar bears appearing in this swap!!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #7
Pearl-ExPert

not just a polar bear but a chillin polar bear....i did love the "coke" polar bear---every time I see those pictures i hear that song in my head....

But the other one is cute as well...and its more open to interpretation....
Old 09-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #8
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryan6 View Post
not just a polar bear but a chillin polar bear....i did love the "coke" polar bear---every time I see those pictures i hear that song in my head....

But the other one is cute as well...and its more open to interpretation....
excuse me!!!!!! I also love that polar bear those coke commercials have always been a favorite of mine.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
Die Cut Diva

anyone up to creating a few animals for winter
Old 10-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #10
Die Cut Diva

anyone else want to create some cute winter animals card candy) for use on scrapbook pages, greeting cards, on tags and gift boxes, etc??????
Old 10-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #11
Matboard Maniac

My package was send off last Firday!
Old 10-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #12
Die Cut Diva

anyone else interested in some cute winter animals!!!!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
Die Cut Diva

looking for swappers ?????
Old 10-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #14
Die Cut Diva

Linda

I am just a little (lot??) confused.

First, what is card candy? I'm positive I've never done that before.
Second, if a person signs up for the card candy group...they will be swapping with 3 + 1 hostess....and each person will get 3 pieces of candy each?
Third, if a person signs up for the card group, then they make 3 + 1 hostess cards?
Fourth, the theme is winter animals but does not have to be specific to Christmas or anything else?

Thanks for the clarification. I doubt I can get things together fast enough to get some done for this swap, but I'll be thinking about it till I hear from you.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #15
Die Cut Diva

Card candy is a term for "ready to use" embellishments. check SCS gallery with search card candy and hundreds of examples come to you. it's simply an embellishment hand created with whatever number of embellishments like sparkle, brads, ribbon, gems, special paper, flocking, etc applied to the art work piece (either a printed graphic, a stamped imagine, a die cut and ready for use on a card, scrapbook page, gift bag etc. It stands alone ready to use and receiver doesn't necessarily have to do anything to it to use it.

2nd) 3+1 card candy group you get 3 different sets of 3 pieces per set total 12 pieces back so if I created a 3d flower with sparkle (ice and snow) with a ladybug on the petal and you created a frosted tree limb with bird on it (as one piece) those would swap 1-1 since this is animals a rabbit in clump of snow for a bear in cave is a swap 1-1 (** it's like making your own expensive 3d Jolee's pieces) ***a set could be 3 rabbits same size or stagered in size, a deer and her 2 babies are a set, a bear with 2 cubs is a set, a bird x 3 on a limb is a set, 3 penguins are a set, 3 geese are a set. create 3 sets total 12 animals. so you receive back 3 sets of 3 pieces total of 9 items

3rd) card group is where you make a greeting card (any theme) using your embellishment as part of the card. example the bear in a cave used up above maybe a greeting card with it as the feature artwork and a verse or title or thought added to create the greeting card so it could be sent as is without additional work. Some folks like creating the actual card not realizing th card candy is exactly what they are doing as the create the greeting card!!!! while card candy is the embellishment feature WITHOUT the card. so you would receive back 3 cards ready to mail except for your sentiments added! theme could be anything but card would feature a winter animal example bear hibernating, snow bunny, deer in snow, deer with Christmas theme, geese in frosted pond, racoon or squriel with nuts (either in snow or out) etc

4th) theme is winter animals. this is a follow up to a "create animals" swap done couple months ago we had so many beautiful animals folks wanted to do another swap. so we did but themed it "winter animals" basically cold weather animals, penguins, seals, rabbits, deer, squireels, sometimes bear, etc they did not have to be decorated as a christmas piece just a nature loving piece featuring a cold weather animal. I have some penguins sent to me on a ice block holding a lemonade, I have a bear in cave with 3d leaves gathered for a bed and he's sitting in them, I have a cute bunny someone put into a snow clump (he's sitting in snow bank) holding a snowflake (very cute) has glitter and some texture in the snow clump. these are examples.

If I had the bunny (above) as a card candy piece I could create a birthday card, christmas card, thinking of you, gift tag, pop it onto a gift bag with additional snowflakes etc with that little piece most of my work is done in the piece received! I just attach it and add sentiment! make sense????

they are easy once you start, with small quanity it moves fast also. The previous animals created where any animal (water, forest, zoo, etc) the results were so shocking great everyone was very happy. Animals are one item that can be used for any topic or reason or season.

I'll share my winter recipe card I just mailed in was a racoon in snow with a small forest angel they were gathered around a stump and snow was falling. It was a paper pieced graphic I printed and trimmed I embellished with glitter for the angel and snow for the scene and 3d additional nuts and a smaller 3d pop dot racoon around them and added a pine tree the recipe was placed above the scene all onto 6X6 card. They were beautiful and fit the theme "winter receipe" using that cute racoon came to be because I was working on these winter animals. I used a white dimensional pen to add falling snow dots over the entire dark blue 6x6 card.

so Had I received a winter snow racoon as a card candy I would have had 80% of my work already done! The "other animal" swap - I'm using most of those animal pieces now as greeting cards for either fall/christmas theme for grand childern! I just look at the card candy piece decide on a background paper for the card place the card candy piece onto card add sentiment and card is done!!!!! 5 mins!!!!!!!!!!!

hope this helps feel free to add any other questions and check out SCS gallery search card candy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard View Post
Linda

I am just a little (lot??) confused.

First, what is card candy? I'm positive I've never done that before.
Second, if a person signs up for the card candy group...they will be swapping with 3 + 1 hostess....and each person will get 3 pieces of candy each?
Third, if a person signs up for the card group, then they make 3 + 1 hostess cards?
Fourth, the theme is winter animals but does not have to be specific to Christmas or anything else?

Thanks for the clarification. I doubt I can get things together fast enough to get some done for this swap, but I'll be thinking about it till I hear from you.

Last edited by lindac007; 10-28-2012 at 09:26 AM..
Old 10-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #16
Die Cut Diva

Hi folks (***see post #15) if anyone wants to create 12 pieces you still have 13 good days they really only take a few mins. and if it meant we could pick up some additional talent I'm sure we could maybe extend just a could days to allow mail delivery!!! so please don't let this time frame hold you back from swapping. animals can be used in so many theme's for cards, tags, thank you notes, bag or box decoration etc.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #17
Die Cut Diva

Linda

I get this now.
Let me look at my stamps and see if I have any winter animals....I have jungle/Africa animals, dogs, cats, but I'm not sure about winter/forest animals. I don't see a giraffe in the snow!

Card candy - I get it now. Doesn't sound very difficult and it sounds quick!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #18
Die Cut Diva

Think out side the box!!!!!! a giraffe placing star on top a christams tree would be orginial and cute! cats love to un-ravel so some funky or neat style yarn trims with a cut out cat wraped would be cute if you made tiny paper ornaments on the string. a paper punch would work? dogs in snow are cute either chasing snow or playing with a snowflake or fletching a snow flake? maybe carrying santa's boots? a tiger sitting in front of or on top of a present is an interesting visual (lol) winter is prehaps a lot of things coupled with a animal image can make interesting card candy.

oh I just got a visual on that girafee can you make santa on his back? lol it's been long day!

Quote:
Linda

I get this now.
Let me look at my stamps and see if I have any winter animals....I have jungle/Africa animals, dogs, cats, but I'm not sure about winter/forest animals. I don't see a giraffe in the snow!

Card candy - I get it now. Doesn't sound very difficult and it sounds quick!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #19
Die Cut Diva

OK Linda,

I just got back from the baby shower next door.

I'll now spend a while looking at my stamps and thinking outside the box.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #20
Die Cut Diva

lol, too funny! out side the box!!! got a holly or wreath stamp? hang it around the neck of an animal or dangle from its mouth! create ornaments on around or ???? stick an animal in the scene! think humorously sometimes helps, you know the un-expected or what would a wild animal do facing a stack of presents? or just winter put ice, snow sleet any weather element can almost always work! I envy you your chore tonight! I love the creative part it's the assembly that slows me down. I've enough supplies around so finding stuff not problem but focus on assembly is my weakness!

Have great week EVERYONE!!!!!! Anyone else care to join in the fun?

Quote:
OK Linda,

I just got back from the baby shower next door.

I'll now spend a while looking at my stamps and thinking outside the box.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #21
Die Cut Diva

Linda

My problem is usually settling on ONE idea! I found several stamps of animals that would work for this project. Now I can't seem to settle on ONE stamp and ONE design!

I'll get back to you soon.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #22
Die Cut Diva

stamp wizard did you decide? I could extend date by week or 2 if it meant additional swappers. last call anyone else interested in some cute animal card candy pieces?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #23
Die Cut Diva

Actually I hadn't decided yet. I'll get back to you in about an hour....
Old 11-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #24
Die Cut Diva

Linda

OK....look at that!! My idea of an hour is barely 10 minutes!

If you can extend the due date a little bit,
Please put me down for 1 card candy and 1 full size cards.

Do the cards have to have the same card candy image on them?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:12 AM   #25
Die Cut Diva

Venus do you might if I extend date just a little? I can send some to you but would love to wait on stamp wizard she does some awesome creations and work so stamp wizard go ahead and due date will extend to 11/25 and I'll be mailing returns out on monday morning 11/26
Old 11-11-2012, 05:13 AM   #26
Die Cut Diva

date extended to 11/25 and returns mailing out on 11/26 (monday morning) thanks much I've had your work before and you are awesome! looking forward to what you decided upon

Quote:
Linda

OK....look at that!! My idea of an hour is barely 10 minutes!

If you can extend the due date a little bit,
Please put me down for 1 card candy and 1 full size cards.

Do the cards have to have the same card candy image on them?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:13 AM   #27
Matboard Maniac

I can wait to see the aminals..but I am in no hurry so take the tie that you need!
Old 11-11-2012, 06:20 AM   #28
Die Cut Diva

Thanks you are a dear! promise ladies it will be worth the wait! just ask the ladies who did paper dolls! I have a talented angel also creating!!!! so surprizes await.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus@home View Post
I can wait to see the aminals..but I am in no hurry so take the tie that you need!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #29
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post
date extended to 11/25 and returns mailing out on 11/26 (monday morning) thanks much I've had your work before and you are awesome! looking forward to what you decided upon
Thank you for your very kind comments about my work. I really appreciate it!
I am creating and will surprise you later this month!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #30
Die Cut Diva

Linda & Everyone,
Checking in on all my swaps. Getting organized and working hard!
Don't forget.........Thanksgiving is a WEEK away!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #31
Die Cut Diva

thanks stamp wizard! to all of you hope your thanksgiving with be wonderful I maybe around on website thursday most likely not again until saturday morning! did you all hear cricut has out a critters part 2 cartridge!!!!! the animals are even cuter than first if that's possible! It's on my Christmas list as I have a spring animals swap open

also my little 80 yr old angel neighbor says if I cut them and show her how she can glue and embellish!!!!! between two of us we should be able to crank out a ton of animals and paper dolls for our spring swap I love to be able to stick extra 1/2 dozen to dozen in each envelope!!!!!!!! my recent paper doll swap those ladies really where surprized! we had a ball I love my neighbor so much like my grand mother in so many ways!!!!!

Happy holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #32
Die Cut Diva

Hope everyone is Surviving BLACK FRIDAY!

I went out at 8:30 am to go to the Post Office, only 2 of us there, and now I'm home! No crazy shopping for me!!
Old 11-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #33
Die Cut Diva

I apologize....I am putting my Winter Animals in the mail tomorrow morning, Nov. 26th. I know they were due today and you extended the due date for my benefit. I hope you like them when they get there.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #34
Die Cut Diva

will swap within 24 hours receiving stamp wizard's animals! everyone consider the spring animal swap thats open and the paper dolls swap which is sooooo addictive but so much fun! never made one? give it a try they can all be different and that helps us use up scraps!!!!!!! enjoy have great week.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #35
Die Cut Diva

Package mailed today by Priority Flat Rate Envelope.
DC 0312 0860 0001 8155 9102
Supposed to be there on Wednesday.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #36
Die Cut Diva

Linda

Has the envelope arrived yet? I hope everything is OK. I'm afraid some of the layers may have come unglued!

Never mind...........I just checked the DC and it says it was delivered about 2;00 pn today.
[git a cat on my lap, hard to type]

Last edited by Stamp Wizard; 11-28-2012 at 02:05 PM..
Old 11-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #37
Die Cut Diva

They arrived in all one piece! and wow are they really nice! great job I will get these swapped and mailed by Saturday morning thanks ladies you're the best!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #38
Die Cut Diva

Linda...
I'm glad you like them. I'm ALWAYS worried that my creations don't measure up to everyone else. I seriously lack confidence in myself. Honest feedback is always appreciated.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:21 AM   #39
Die Cut Diva

Sandra stop worrying I've had you in couple of my swaps and always found your work to be creative, detailed and beautiful! You are so talented I can see you took time with them! I've had some in past from someone else that looked like thrown together on way to post office!

I don't see that person swapping any more either. My swaps have brought to me some of the most talented creative ladies I've ever seen! there are about 11 that I get so excited seeing because their work is excellent in every way I think we are hardest on our selves? Enjoy I think you are very talented and extremily happy to have you in my swaps.

Quote:
Linda...
I'm glad you like them. I'm ALWAYS worried that my creations don't measure up to everyone else. I seriously lack confidence in myself. Honest feedback is always appreciated.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #40
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post
Sandra stop worrying I've had you in couple of my swaps and always found your work to be creative, detailed and beautiful! You are so talented I can see you took time with them! My swaps have brought to me some of the most talented creative ladies I've ever seen! there are about 11 that I get so excited seeing because their work is excellent in every way I think we are hardest on our selves? Enjoy I think you are very talented and extremily happy to have you in my swaps.
Linda,
thanks so much
Your comments mean a lot to me. I appreciate the compliments.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes back in the mail!
Closed Thread