Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to lindac007
Default CANCELED SWAP CHRISTMAS stuffers/wraps DUE 11/1

This swap has MULtiple items to choose from as I figure might as well get as much done as possible at one shipping! I'm finishing off christmas stocking stuffers and gifts (yea, you heard me right FINISHING THEM OFF) I complete everything by Thanksgiving so I can really enjoy a stress free christmas season with almost no hassle been doing that since my children were little I now have 5 grand children and it still works for me! DO NOT SEND THE CANDY!!!! JUST THE WRAPPINGS TOO HOT IN SOME PLACES ESPECIALLY AZ.CA FL FOR CANDY IN A MAIL BOX TO SURVIVE.

so here's the items and pictures (not the best) and are following first post. PLEASE use them to jump start your own idea's as I'm sure they are MUCH better! I need candy wrappers or candy bags (see pictures) and I need bottle tags and looking for some small stocking stuffers so thinking some shrinky plastic charms for some pins/necklaces and as cell phone or notebook charms. also need few chip clips and some milk cartons or small decorative box idea's for candy & cookies. I have both male & female and couple older childern for all these goodies so will have break down for that in case you have a preference doesn't have to be decorated as a christmas theme. the milk cartons and chip clips will be on someone's desk at work!

Quanity: 4+1 (the one being for hostess) on everything THEY DO NOT HAVE TO ALL BE ALIKE!!!!

any kind medium is great stamp it, paper piece it, inks all embellishments great PLEASE use at least one embellishment but more is always better!
for the chip clips please put them on a card as shown in example as I add several bags of snacks with them in the gift. the card just looks so nice!

for the chip clips, shrinky plastic items please create a matching gift tag!!!
on the shrinky dink plastic use large stamps and color in images with any markers and hole punch BEFORE you place in oven to shrink.

for the bottle tags I'm using them for favored waters and jucies in 16 oz and 20 oz bottles so approiate size. THE WATERS GET FLAVOR PACKETS SO A SMALL POCKET WOULD BE GREAT (SEE PICTURE OF THAT WATER BOTTLE)

the candy wrappers or labels for a regular size candy bar like a hershey bar. If you do the bag style candy topper please include the bag so you would have bag/topper candy notice those square candy pockets of cardstock those are for those square candy bars.

the mini milk cartons will hold small cookies!!! There are plenty of internet free patterns and utube video's on them not that hard but really cute! put 3 together and it makes great gift I usually do a small cookie/hard candy/and pretzels. USE VERY GOOD QUALITY CARDSTOCK ON THESE.

MAILING ADDRESS: LINDA CARTER 13232 N 98TH AVE UNIT P SUN CITY AZ 85351

so anyone up to some last minute goodie creations? any questions please feel free to ask!

CANDY WRAPPERS AND BAG STYLE TOPPERS FOR CANDY

1 sos@germany prize

CHIP CLIPS ON A CARD WITH MATCHING GIFT TAG

1 sos@germany prize

MINI MILK CARTONS OR ANY BOX CREATIONS (SEE PICS) Santa pants and pillow boxes, any box style

1 sos@germany prize

SHIRKY DINK PLASTIC CHARMS (USE YOUR STAMPS THESE TURN OUT AWESOME)

BOTTLE TAGS 16/20 OZ BOTTLES

PLEASE JOIN ME pm FOR ADDRESS WHEN READY TO MAIL prizes in return envelopes for the first 7 people

Last edited by lindac007; 10-22-2013 at 11:04 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
Die Cut Diva

Here are examples of candy wrappers and see SCS gallery for plenty of idea's

also pillow boxes and santa's pants and the stockings are small box patterns

the first 5th pic shows topper/bag styles the 3rd picture with the suckers could also be small square bars
Attached Thumbnails
100_7235.jpg   100_7236.jpg   100_7237.jpg   100_7238.jpg   100_7240.jpg  

100_7239.jpg   100_7241.jpg   100_7242.jpg  

Last edited by lindac007; 09-01-2013 at 09:13 PM..
Old 09-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Die Cut Diva

these are examples of the bottle tags notice 3rd one shows water bottle with pouch

shrinky dinks plastic charms are pics 4/5/6/7 the last one was large stamped oval scene before it shurnk! now will make a great pin or necklace REMEMBER TO PUNCH HOLE BEFORE YOU HEAT!

pic #6 is example of the chip clips on a card!!!!

picture #1 has those cute mini milk cartons!!!! and picture #2 has a bottle tag for hand sanitizer flu season gift the other bottle there is homemade salad dressing! or a seasoned cooking oil (yummy)
Attached Thumbnails
100_7248.jpg   100_7247.jpg   100_7249.jpg   100_7251.jpg   100_7253.jpg  

100_7254.jpg   100_7256.jpg   100_7257.jpg  

Last edited by lindac007; 09-01-2013 at 09:41 PM..
Old 09-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
Die Cut Diva

here are examples of mini milk carton for goodies. if you have pinterest there are a ton of free patterns and pictures available. I love that 1st one (great for anyone for anything such as cookies, tea's, coffee's, candies)
even chips!

the santa pants above and the pillow boxes would all be in same group. boxes
Attached Thumbnails
100_7265.jpg   100_7260.jpg   100_7261.jpg   100_7264.jpg   100_7263.jpg  

100_7262.jpg  

Last edited by lindac007; 09-01-2013 at 09:34 PM..
Old 09-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
Glitter Guru

I would like a spot in the candy wrappers/bags. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 09-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
Die Cut Diva

if any one needs a link to those cute mini milk cartons please let me know I'll find you one and post it here. there are a lot out there some with picture tutorials and some with u tube tutorials
Old 09-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
Inking Addict

Linda, Madonna and I are going to join, just have not figured out which ones we are going to sign up for. I am working on the Wallets and Whims right now, just finished the 12 month plus two tags and got our Bottle Tag swap all cut and ready to build. I will get back to you real soon. My husband is hoping the paper and all the fixings are gone by Thanksgiving too!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #8
Die Cut Diva

I really do understand I've had couple of PM's letting me know they plan to join but need to decide on what and how many!!!! so thats fine we have 2 months!!! before a due date. I'm also doing for a sunday schoool class of 2nd graders so I've already started I'm trying those little snowmen wrappers with hats. there are so cute my quess is kids will love them

Quote:
Originally Posted by sos@germany View Post
Linda, Madonna and I are going to join, just have not figured out which ones we are going to sign up for. I am working on the Wallets and Whims right now, just finished the 12 month plus two tags and got our Bottle Tag swap all cut and ready to build. I will get back to you real soon. My husband is hoping the paper and all the fixings are gone by Thanksgiving too!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #9
Die Cut Diva

i got one of the snowmen wrappers done with the little hat its so cute turned out just like that picture. the hat is a little tricky but thee was a tutorial on that so it helped now do I make more of that ( ) or move on to another one!!!!

anyone else give candy treats or stocking stuffers????? its small quanity good to have on hand! I do one for postman, news carrier and couple others as well. its the thought that counts!!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #10
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post
i got one of the snowmen wrappers done with the little hat its so cute turned out just like that picture. the hat is a little tricky but thee was a tutorial on that so it helped now do I make more of that ( ) or move on to another one!!!!

anyone else give candy treats or stocking stuffers????? its small quanity good to have on hand! I do one for postman, news carrier and couple others as well. its the thought that counts!!!!
I stuff stockings/Christmas bags for the Women's Shelter so the kids there get something. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 09-06-2013, 06:39 AM   #11
Inking Addict

Linda, sign me up for a milk carton slot, one chip clip and one slot for bag toppers!
Do I put candy in these? I am wondering because even though we are and "AMERICAN POST OFFICE, if I am mailing a box I will need to mail earlier, (-:
Old 09-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #12
Die Cut Diva

NO candy!!!! I for one live in Az AND CANDY JUST MELTS I've had CAlifornia and mid west southwest swappers say same thing so I'd rather we have beautiful wrappers than risk the melted chocolate or melted together blobs of candy.

Quote:
Linda, sign me up for a milk carton slot, one chip clip and one slot for bag toppers!
Do I put candy in these? I am wondering because even though we are and "AMERICAN POST OFFICE, if I am mailing a box I will need to mail earlier, (-:
Old 09-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #13
Die Cut Diva

thank you do you need me to locate that mini milk carton pattern for you?

Quote:
Old 09-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #14
Glitter Guru

Hope all doing well. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 09-12-2013, 04:20 AM   #15
Inking Addict

Linda, should we stick to traditional USA Christmas or can I go off the Military Base and
add a bit of International Christmas flare my items?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #16
Glitter Guru

Hiddy Hiddy all. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 09-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #17
Die Cut Diva

last year I did this and had one from mexico of tradition there and it was a wonderful learning experience and sparked so much discussion at christmas time with grandkids so YES I would love one from your area. I think that is so wonderful of an idea.

don't know if you knew but I buy clipart from another site thats from Germany love the texture of paper and colors are so vivid I also buy from England and Netherlands. so differnet in various parts the quality and papers. Netherlands is sliick feel and lot like magazine texture. all beautiful

well 101 fever tonight with doctors appointment tomorrow!!!! I only wanted to stop in and address couple of emails quickly so good night all

Quote:
Linda, should we stick to traditional USA Christmas or can I go off the Military Base and
add a bit of International Christmas flare my items?
Old 09-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #18
Glitter Guru

Get better fast, Linda. Happy weekend and Friday the 13th to all. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 09-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #19
Glitter Guru

I'm surprised more people haven't signed up cuz this sounds fun. Maybe we will get some more later. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 09-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #20
Die Cut Diva

Hey folks, come and join us and save money this Christmas season!!!!!!! Most people would rather have handmade and homemade than store bought anytime

come join us!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast

Great ideas! Not sure I can do any, but subbing for now.

You're right about AZ being too hot to ship any candy.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #22
Die Cut Diva

well I hope you will get to join us and yes candy in any AZ mailbox would not be a pretty thing!!!! with heat waves in so many places breaking records I think a lot of places it would melt and nothing is worse than a box of melted work! Plus saves you money also, candy can be expensive! I shop with coupons to bring cost down so candy is still of good quality at Christmas!

think about it would love to have you join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCinkit View Post
Great ideas! Not sure I can do any, but subbing for now.

You're right about AZ being too hot to ship any candy.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #23
Glitter Guru

Getting a physical so yesterday was bone scan, tomorrow is mammogram and Friday is blood lab. Have needed to do this for awhile. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 09-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #24
Die Cut Diva

THAT IS NO FUN!!!! I hate physicals even just going to md is usually not good. so I try my darnest to stay away from them

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmajudy View Post
Getting a physical so yesterday was bone scan, tomorrow is mammogram and Friday is blood lab. Have needed to do this for awhile. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 09-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #25
Die Cut Diva

anyone with shrink dink talents? anyone else please jump in and join us!!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #26
Glitter Guru

Came on to say hi. I lost my boyfriend Hank last Friday due to cancer. We were told 3 months ago he wouldn't make it past September. He was a very wonderful man and is now in Heaven with Our Father. I have the bags for this and have to put goodies in them yet. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 09-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #27
Die Cut Diva

grandma judy so very sorry for your loss. it is never easy to lose a wonderful person and cancer is terrible but you're right he's in Heaven and no more cancer, someday you'll celebrate that together for eternity. you're in my prayers.

Quote:
Came on to say hi. I lost my boyfriend Hank last Friday due to cancer. We were told 3 months ago he wouldn't make it past September. He was a very wonderful man and is now in Heaven with Our Father. I have the bags for this and have to put goodies in them yet. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 09-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #28
Glitter Guru

Thank you so much. Have you mentioned this swap on the Jungle Animal thread that Jeanette (Forest RANGER) is doing. I just signed up for that one the other day and there are a lot of people on it. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 09-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #29
Glitter Guru

Going out of town for a couple of days for a wedding. You all take care. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 09-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #30
Pearl-ExPert

Tagging for later! Need to be sure I will have time before I commit!
Old 10-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #31
Die Cut Diva

hi ladies, I have just found out I need to have 2 surgeries in next 45 days so my daughter will step in with me to be sure everything is recieved and swapped back out to you soon as possible. If this had been a new swap I would have canceled BUT you ladies have already started and I have some stuff done already for you also. seems like best course of action is to see this one through with her help.

I will have 3 swaps open all closing within weeks and those will be last last for this year until possibly next spring depending on several health issues. I started these swaps a year ago as a way to keep my mind focused on something other than pain issues because I hate pain meds and it kept the hands busy as well but this past 2 months have really been rough on me. the cross country move didn't help.

We will complete this swap and I want to assure you that things will be ok and with daughters help the turn around of items will be asap to you. Looking forward to your lovely creations, wishing all a happy crafting time with lots of creative mojo!!!!!!!

Last edited by lindac007; 10-01-2013 at 01:54 AM..
Old 10-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #32
Glitter Guru

Lots of prayers on your surgery. The wedding was beautiful and I gave Hank's son and his boyfriend away to each other. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 10-04-2013, 05:54 AM   #33
Glitter Guru

I reread the beginning and have a question. Whose kids are these going to? Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 10-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #34
Die Cut Diva

every year we have a small christmas party of all the seniors living around our small court in the clubhouse and several people bring their grand children so we always have few little things around for children. I usually make little booklets or color books but some of the children are getting to big so I thought this year since I do these for my grand children anyway I'd make few extra's since I'm doing this swap I'm still making a few extra's so I have plenty for both needs. I like just having a little something around in case the need arises. I do mailman, paper boy and pest control lady, favorite nurse, and give them all little things like this I also have couple people who take me places and help me run errands throughout the year and I do stuff like this for them. I just like the "giving" part of the season!!!! it's enjoyable and does wonders for stress (keeps blood presure low) thats why I've always finished by thanksgiving so I can really enjoy the season.

everyone one of these projects I've already been working on for several months not just when I posted the swap. so its not like all of sudden I'm doing everything, I pace myself and do few each week . I make make 12 charms from shirky film and thats it that week, next week is completely different item eventually its all done by doing few here and there over the months. the chip clips were new idea from a swapper who sent me one back in spring I'm amazed how much I use it so I thought when I do my christmas cookie baking I'd use a cute clip on little packages! make them a little extra special. I put 1/2 dozen cookies in plastic bag wrap tissue paper around that and attach bow this year I will attach clip instead. i make cute cookie tags and those are in-expensive gifts.

this weekend I will make giant cookie packages from cd paper covers! again a swapper sent me one at valentines and that was so cute and practical. I just stamp or distress ink (or both) the paper cd envelope and its ready to go complete with a window to view giant cookies which I will make near thanksgiving time.
Quote:
I reread the beginning and have a question. Whose kids are these going to? Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy

Last edited by lindac007; 10-04-2013 at 10:01 AM..
Old 10-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #35
Die Cut Diva

Christmas don't have to break your budgets or put you in debt!!!!! folks still love simple handmade items and children do also! just think it out so many things to make these swaps are great for this purpose its like having a craft party! at your place.

there is not one person on your holiday list who would not apperciate your making them something over your buying them something and gift cards are a terrible thing its in-personal, fast (no thought) and sometimes not even something they shop at anyway plus they still have to put their money into it as the gas to trade it in, and the taxes!
Old 10-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #36
Glitter Guru

I'm sorry but pulling out of this swap. Read your pm and sounds a little to personal to me and I am doing a lot of bags for the women's shelter for Christmas. Please keep me in mind for other swaps though. You all take care and see you in other swaps. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 10-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #37
Inking Addict

I have seen where 007 linda is going to be layed up for awhile, are we still swapping?
Old 10-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #38
Die Cut Diva

I have no earthly idea what "a little personal" means but yes I will withdraw you.

Quote:
I'm sorry but pulling out of this swap. Read your pm and sounds a little to personal to me and I am doing a lot of bags for the women's shelter for Christmas. Please keep me in mind for other swaps though. You all take care and see you in other swaps. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 10-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #39
Die Cut Diva

those mini milk cartons sure will have you knowing your score board!!!!! didn't realize those cuties have so many folds
Old 10-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #40
Die Cut Diva

I've sent you 3 PM'S with noi reply so we are canceling swap!

Quote:
I have seen where 007 linda is going to be layed up for awhile, are we still swapping?
Closed Thread