Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 05:15 AM   #1
SCS Swap Moderator

Heart April Swapper of the Month -artisticsole

Congratulations to our April Swapper of the Month! Here is a little information about Peggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticsole
First of all.....WOWZERS!!--never would have thought I'd be here!!...Seriously I was in shock and a little wowed by such a great honor this is!!.....Was it the zOmBiE tOe tAgS that swayed you?? lol....Thank You to everyone who cast their nominations for me. You ROCK my crafty friends!! I hope I can uphold such a title that has been bestoughed upon me!

- how you got started:I've always loved to draw and paint so I've had an eye for anything artistic. It was 1996 and I was living in Portland OR, my son was 2, and I was having a conversation about baby pictures and baby books. My neighbor brought out her "scrapbook" and I was instantly amazed and hooked on the idea. I saw the photos in "layout" with stickers and journaling. Such a treasure! These weren't pictures slapped in a photo album, they had meaning and a story of what was happening in her life. I loved it and knew it was going to be a craft/hobby I'd take up and love forever. I've never looked back! Of course over the years I've ventured out to creating cards, making tags, repurposing home decor items, and altering a bit of trash. I never know what will inspire me, but I enjoy the opportunity to share it with everyone I can!

- how long have you been doing this: I've always been crafty through middle and high school, but once I started scrapbooking it changed my perspective on how I created paper crafts. I'm a scrapbooker by heart but there's so many other things to make and alter too. I still learn something new everyday and love to share it! I'm hoping I never have to count how long I crafted.... that I'll always be creating something no matter where or how old I am!

- do you have any other hobbies: I love to garden and travel. My hubby is an outside salesman, so traveling is second nature. I always use a road trip as an excuse to get crafty. You'll find a 12x12 plastic bin full of goodies and whatnots I'm working on in my lap. I don't get car sick and what else is there to do when traveling? Of course I collect items from all of my travels and incorporate them in my journals, scrapbooks, and altered items.

- a bit about your family & friends: On March 27th I celebrated my 20th anniversary to my high school sweetie. We have 2 kiddos, my son is 18 and my daughter is 14. All my crafty "friends" are either swappers on the site or on facebook.

- favorite tools of the trade: Hands down my cricut and my stampin up punches! Followed closely by my glitter glue and mod podge. Should you ever come over you'll see bits and pieces of paper from my projects lurking in the corners and in the carpet waiting for an unsuspecting person to stick to...though I vacume often paper is sneaky.....I've found that glitter at my house in any form is dangerous....be it loose or glue...it likes to stick to me and anyone who ventures too close...You'll not only see me wearing said sparkles but it will be on everything within range of where I'm working...poor tinker bell I now know how she feels! Then finally if I haven't glued at least two of my fingers together, gotten a bit in my hair or made a mod podge finger print on something then my project just isn't complete When you're asked to put your name on your work for a swap, I can guarantee you that I have not only included my name but my DNA as well

- something we might not know: That I have 8 indoor cats who help me with crafting...and allow for the spreading of paper and glitter throughout my house...I told you paper is sneaky and glitter is it's friend
- favorite swapping experience: Can I say every time I sign up for a swap and get all creative and crafty....or when I post a swap and get 10 people signed up in an hour because I get them all creative and crafty or better yet...going out to the mailbox and seeing that lovely manilla envie with my name on it and knowing there's fabulous treasures inside! Swapping in general for me is the BEST experience!!

- anything else that you would like to share: Thanks to my crafty "BFF" Nsmac1 for always telling me to hostess a swap!! and thanks to my 14 year old daughter is an up and coming crafter/baker/seamstress. She is my throwdown challenger most days. When she can pull a Mc D's french fry container from the trash and say "Hey mom what can you do with this?" with a sly smile and a raised eyebrow, I know the throwdown has begun!! I love the creative suppport and love that I can share that with all of you here on the site too!!

Be sure to check out Peggie's gallery and keep an eye out for her in the swap forums.

Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - artisticsole - Handmade Cards & Crafts

Feel free to add your comments for Peggie to this thread.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess

SO excited for yo Peggy/Artisticsole!!! You do rock the swap world. I have loved all the swaps I have participated in of yours. Enjoy your Swapper of the Month status. You deserve it.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
Mad Swapper

Send a message via MSN to nsmac1 Send a message via Skype™ to nsmac1

Lol you wern't kidding heehee, lmao. Well it's about time they listened to me and made you swapper of the month bahahhah . I'm so happy for you. You truly are amazing, you're so organized and friendly and motivating to all of your swappers wether they be oldies but goodies or newbies or anywhere in between. You deserve the recognition and I'm glad I could be there to pressure you to continue to be crafty lol, until we grow old and grey girl, till the end. Okay wait..... I'm already grey....but that's okay nothing a little hair dye can't cure and it ain't the end yet loves ya congrats!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Congratulations, Peggie! Very deserving dear friend!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
Matboard Maniac

You always amaze me with your creative ideas--I have enjoyed participating in your swaps and am always happy when I sign up for a swap to see that you also have signed up...that means I might be on the receiving end of one of your creations... God bless you and keep on what you are doing--you inspire so many
Closed Thread