Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #321
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaraul View Post
Happy Mail Alert from the weekend.

Stamp Wizard - your package has arrived safely.

Sandra - Not only are you an enabler, you're also a pretty nifty paper gal. Really pretty clip you've sent to us to swap I love the multiple papers you used, and the double stamped sentiment. Great job! Thanks for swapping with us.
Thank you very much! I'm glad you like the clips. I was working on a shadow image of the sentiment using the new Illuminate ink pad from Stampin' Up! That's what gives the image a shine.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:51 AM   #322
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

---------
Old 10-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #323
October Swapper of the Month 2012

Hey! Is everyone OK? It is beautiful here, sunny and bright, but very windy.
Charlie wants me to take him out for a walk, but as fluffy as he is I am afraid the wind would pick him up and it would be like me flying him around like a kite.
I hope it isn't too bad where you are........
Old 10-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #324
SCS Swap Moderator

So far all the East Coast gals that I've sent messages to have responded that they are okay. Fingers are crossed here that it stays that way for them.

---------
Old 10-30-2012, 04:34 AM   #325
SCS Swap Moderator

Happy mail received yesterday!

mauieuno and Sporty_Mom, your packages have arrived safely.

Marilyn, 4 sets of really cute clips!I really like the cheery pink gingham with the daisy - it's so cheerful. Thanks for swapping with us.

Cheri - These are so cute! I love when people use the googly eyes of things. These owls are perfect for these clips. They are so fun! Thanks for the goodie for me too - it made me smile

Great job ladies!

---------
Old 10-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #326
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

Ack nothing from me yet???? I'm getting nervous. I swear the guy at the post office was 10 years old. Not even sure if he sealed the envelope....
Old 10-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #327
Die Cut Diva

Worked on set #1 today, mostly done. I used pretty big binder clips, hope that's ok. I tend to work BIG sometimes (love to make 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 cards!).

If I have tomorrow off (we're slow at work because of the east coast power outages- nobody is calling with orders), then I ought to be able to get set #2 up and running- I know what I'm doing with those.

I really really hope I have tomorrow off, it's rare this time of year for us to get out because it's SEASON!!! We'll be getting busier and busier until about the end of the second week in December. It'll slow some then, but there will be customers still placing orders expecting to get everything in time for Christmas. Y'know, it's December 25th EVERY year, it's not like it's a surprise. And we do get most of it out right and in time, but by then, if there's anything at all wrong with an order (missing item or parts, damaged item, etc.) then it's not going to get rectified in time for the holiday. Then, of course, they take it out on the customer service reps, like it's our fault. Sigh.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #328
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi ladies!

I hope all of our Northeastern girls are okay.

Pat - If you didn't live in KS, I'd think we worked at the same place, lol!! Sounds just like my daily paid horror. The past two days have been slow due to the weather, but then there's those who are in the affected areas and somehow oblivious to the current conditions and demand some kind of delivery right.now. Then there's those who think Atlanta is somehow a coastal city and we are closed, so upon answering the phone I get, " Oh, are you guys open?" Not to mention the impending holiday season and how December 25th seems to "come too early every year," and use that as their excuse for wanting us to move the earth to get them their goods. Bah humbug. I made myself a nice little sign to look at at when I'm being "rushed" by a last minute customer: "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine." There's another word in there, but I wanted to keep it G rated. LOL! I detest working in customer service, but since i get to work from home, I guess I'll have to take the good with the bad :/

I'm always tardy for the party, but I bring glitter and sprinkles for everyone!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #329
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Evening all. Safe wishes for all in the stormy east coastline.

Waving from WI.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:52 AM   #330
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

---------
Old 10-31-2012, 06:07 AM   #331
Die Cut Diva

OK, got the day off!!! (Yippee!) Finished set #1 (Warning! Very blingy!!!) Should be able to crank out set #2 today, unless I have a crafting breakdown.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:43 AM   #332
SCS Swap Moderator

No breakdowns scheduled for today - sorry. Maybe next week?

---------
Old 10-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #333
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi All....JCI from PA. We just got our power back, which I think is lucky considering. We lost all our food in the fridge and freezer,but we didn't lose our home. Hope everyone else is as fortunate as we are.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #334

My ladies' group made the little clothespin Santas today at our craft time. They loved them! And the red was really pretty after we got them done. I told them it was "Vintage Red" and they were impressed. Thank goodness.
One lady made two, and said "Since I live alone, I am going to put magnet strips on the backs, put them on my fridge, and my Christmas decorating will be DONE!"
We got a laugh from that. I am just about with her though. I do less and less decorating.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybilMcC View Post
My ladies' group made the little clothespin Santas today at our craft time. They loved them! And the red was really pretty after we got them done. I told them it was "Vintage Red" and they were impressed. Thank goodness.
One lady made two, and said "Since I live alone, I am going to put magnet strips on the backs, put them on my fridge, and my Christmas decorating will be DONE!"
We got a laugh from that. I am just about with her though. I do less and less decorating.
Okay Sybil that is just too funny. You are done!!!!! magnets on the fridge.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #336
Pearl-ExPert

That is funny about the Christmas decorating being done

Joyce - my clothespins went out yesterday.

Thanks for hosting!
Old 10-31-2012, 04:10 PM   #337
Die Cut Diva

OK, no breakdown, but a real wake up call that I need to reorganize the craft room. set #2 is done, but very differently than I planned- I *KNOW* there is gold wire in that room, dang it!!! Could not find any. The wired trim I tried to use instead would not cooperate. So, fine, reworked the idea. It turned out fine. Not what I envisioned, but kinda cool anyway. Now I'm going to watch Survivor with DH. AAarrrHoooo!!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #338
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

Is everyone getting their goodies together? Put on those finishing touches and pack the carefully. Then you can clean your crafty space and get started on the next creative adventure. I did this yesterday. It's amazing how much bigger my space looks when all the flat surfaces are clear. Too bad that doesn't happen very often. I'm getting ready to make it all messy again, by starting a new project today.

---------
Old 11-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #339

Since I had leftover clothes pins and all the stuff is packed up nice and neat in a plastic box, I think I am going to keep it that way and maybe when I get time I can make the rest up into Santas. Now all the rest of my crafty stuff is all scattered and messy. I have all my swaps for the year finished and mailed, so I may just spend some time getting everything back together.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #340
Rubber Obsessor

Joyce,
They are in the mail. Thanks for hosting!

Someone with Autism loves me!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:55 AM   #341
SCS Swap Moderator

Happy Mail Alert!

smhtwin - Your package has arrived safely.

Lorraine, these are delightful! The Christmas is so happy and cute - great embellishments. I am glad you did the Happy Birthday also - great idea! It will make a great gift bag clip. I really like the card you sent me - thank you I also appreciate what you said in your note - I expect to see you more often now in my swaps!

Great job - really nice work!

---------
Old 11-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #342
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Happy Mail Alert!

smhtwin - Your package has arrived safely.

Lorraine, these are delightful! The Christmas is so happy and cute - great embellishments. I am glad you did the Happy Birthday also - great idea! It will make a great gift bag clip. I really like the card you sent me - thank you I also appreciate what you said in your note - I expect to see you more often now in my swaps!

Great job - really nice work!
Joyce - thank you for the nice and reassuring words!!

You know I was a bit nervous to join the swap but I'm glad I did

After I made the birthday clips, I thought to myself "is a birthday really a holiday?" but then I thought "sure, why not??!!"

The pink card is one I made for a swap over on CardMaker; glad you like it.

Thanks for hosting, and yes, I will pop up in your swaps every now and then
Old 11-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #343
SCS Swap Moderator

Good afternoon

Well, I logged on about 4 hours ago, and am just now getting around to saying hello! The phone rang just as I sat down to update threads and I have been in a whirlwind ever since.

I am now checking something off my bucket list. I am going to be a "den mother" to a pack of scouts for the weekend! hahahahaha (This was put on my bucket list a loooong time ago, when I was younger and not so smart. Be careful what you wish for, right? I've now experienced three very striking examples of that this week - somebody is trying to tell me something )

The boys were supposed to camp at the church where they have their meetings and go on a 20 mile hike tomorrow for their merit badge. Well...plans change.

They are camping in my back yard - in the new and improved "camp ground area"! We are deciding on the hike and where it will be when the guys get here. So I am "on duty" for the next little bit. Eek!

I have received mail, but won't open it until after the weekend is over. Normat, BonnieBeth, prairiejen, Trish Rego and libreeder@aol.com - your packages have arrived safely.

---------
Old 11-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #344
Pearl-ExPert

WTG Joyce! Cannot wait to hear of all your new adventures! The scouts are sure lucky that you had them on your bucket list!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #345

Are you kidding me??? Safely? I take bad all of the bad things I said about the 10 year old boy working at the postal station....lol
Yay I'm soooo relieved.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #346
SCS Swap Moderator

Well, the boys have trudged up to the top of the hill to sleep out in the cold.

ROFL

They are so pitiful. There are four of them camping tonight, and the rest are coming in the morning for the big hike. They are supposed to be "Planning" all of their own events, right?...between the four of them, for dinner this evening, they had two packages of ramen noodles and a can of peas. They pitched their tents, and built a nice fire - then the rain and thunder rolled in. Down the hill they run to wait out the weather. So I had DS raid the pantry to "round out" their dinner. They cooked the ramen noodles, drained it and added a can of diced chicken, some frozen corn and roasted tomato soup from Trader Joe's. I baked cookies and a loaf of quick bread and they were very happy to assist and clean up after dinner. We then had the cookies, lots of boy scout popcorn (I knew there was a reason I bought the big box), and watched Oh Brother Where Art Thou on the new TV. I have been officially declared a "cool Mom" so I can go to bed and sleep soundly warm in the knowledge that my son is happy to be here. That and the snuggly blankets on my bed - really glad I'm not in a sleeping bag. hee hee hee

Sausage biscuits for breakfast in the morning - then they hike all day. I wonder what they are planning for lunch? Hmmm....

---------
Old 11-05-2012, 05:03 AM   #347
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Good morning

Is everyone getting their goodies together? Put on those finishing touches and pack the carefully. Then you can clean your crafty space and get started on the next creative adventure. I did this yesterday. It's amazing how much bigger my space looks when all the flat surfaces are clear. Too bad that doesn't happen very often. I'm getting ready to make it all messy again, by starting a new project today.
Good morning!

I'm on track to get these to you this week It ain't because I cleaned my craft space either...I keep trying. I even found a craft space cleaning blog and I've been trying to purge and organize at the same time. But here's the thing. I find stuff I didn't know I had or stuff I forgot about and I start playing with them I've got to get better. I'd love to be able to see my desks and floor in my craft space and be able to find things because they are where they're supposed to be, and not because my photographic memory tells me that my Faded Jeans inkpad is on my desk underneath a calendar and an empty tape roll

What ya workin' on, Joyce?

Old 11-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabradorDork View Post
Good morning!

I'm on track to get these to you this week It ain't because I cleaned my craft space either...I keep trying. I even found a craft space cleaning blog and I've been trying to purge and organize at the same time. But here's the thing. I find stuff I didn't know I had or stuff I forgot about and I start playing with them I've got to get better. I'd love to be able to see my desks and floor in my craft space and be able to find things because they are where they're supposed to be, and not because my photographic memory tells me that my Faded Jeans inkpad is on my desk underneath a calendar and an empty tape roll

What ya workin' on, Joyce?
I thought I was the only one who would get sidetracked and start playing! I can't get past the envelope of stamps I saved 2 years ago or the plastic baggie full of beads or the chipboard crcles or the the box of lace........... just how would that work if I............. OH here's a bottle of eyeballs............

and there it is, still a mess but lots of fun stuff to design with.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:21 AM   #349
Polyshrink Goddess

You're not alone, Sybil! So many new projects are born out of cleaning and reorganizing! Whilst going through our photos, I discovered that I have actually bought my daughter's school pictures and her class pictures since she was in preschool. *Project* Then, I found a box of movie stubs, concert tickets, and all kinds of ephemera from our travels and moments *another project* I even found the box of goodies from when I was a Daisy Girl Scout Leader and there were googly eyes, pipe cleaners, a million glue sticks, foam sheets, and all kinds of fun things in there. Mostly things that aren't archival, but fun nonetheless!

Cleaning? What cleaning? I'm googly eyeing up a storm in here. I've promised myself that I'll have my space clean and organized by Thanksgiving. I'll even post some photos here *gasp* before and after. Just promise not to judge me, y'all.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #350

Scrap weekend and got so much done. All of my swaps both here and there..... I also won the SU doorprize which was the contraversial "keep calm carry on stamp"
yay me
Old 11-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #351
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

Danielle - I'm currently trying to work on recuperating from the weekend. haha Then I'm updating the swap threads, and starting the swap sorting process for the clips - that's coming up soon so it's time to dig out the boxes & double check everything. The I need to shop for DS's replacement bed...take down the broken one & put the new one together. I've got 3 swaps to pack up and mail this week in addition to the one mentioned above. Boy scouts tonight, voting tomorrow, laundry, cleaning, cooking....

I'm going to hide in my crafty space now, the list is way to long to think about.

So with that said...Happy Mail Update!!

prairiejen, Trish Rego and libreeder@aol.com - your packages have arrived safely and I'm opening them this morning.

Madonna - Cute clips! Valentines, 2 Christmas - I love the wire embellishment on the stars. These are very well done - thanks for swapping with us. Your swap partners will love these.

Trish - St. Paddy's Day - it's my favorite (wannabe Irish gal here) - love , love , love it! The Valentine's...Ooh la laa! Pink feathers - Woohoo! Great clips! Thank you for the goodies for me - I love the little jingly purse and the gemstones. Thanks for thinking of me

Jen - Love the jack-o-lantern made with the TH paper - the colors you used for Christmas, especially the soft blue...Yum! Thanksgiving....LOL. You will have a place of honor on my family dinner table for the holiday meal. Or at least be placed in the kitchen window so I can giggle as I wash the dishes. You crack me up.

We are waiting on 8 packages, so I will update as they arrive. Maybe more today!

---------

Last edited by Jmaraul; 11-05-2012 at 11:15 AM..
Old 11-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #352
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiejen View Post
Scrap weekend and got so much done. All of my swaps both here and there..... I also won the SU doorprize which was the contraversial "keep calm carry on stamp"
yay me
controversial? Did I miss something?

---------
Old 11-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #353

Oh ya big news...Some guy in London England bought original "Keep calm" posters and tried to claim the saying/trademark as his own. I think he lost because they pulled the stamp set and then they put it back on their list.
I am Scottish through and through and just howled at the Scottish version of this saying.
Ach weesht aint git on wiat it. Meaning.... shut up and keep going (only the Scots)
Old 11-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #354
Polyshrink Goddess

Busy week! I should make more paper lists and stick to them. I find that mental lists have a way of multiplying unexpectedly.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #355
Die Cut Diva

I'm postal as of today, sent it Priority. It would have gone out yesterday but I came home after a half day at work feeling wretched. And naturally, the meds I took to take care of the sore throat and drainage kept me up all night! Took today off sick, too, although I didn't feel so bad- just wiped out. Adventures at the PO. I used an old Priority box I had downstairs. It exactly matches the dimensions of the current small flat rate box. Would they accept it as a small Priority flat rate box? OF COURSE NOT!!! So I stood there and took the stuff out of my first box, transferred it to the new box (I had suspected they might make me do this) and taped it shut with my trusty packing tape, and stuck Joyce's address label on the box (also with trusty packing tape). So there, nyah, nyah, nyah! How silly is it to turn down a previous incarnation of their own dratted box?

About the Carry On stamps, my husband is a Brit and I had checked out the brouhaha. Apparently the guy trademarked the saying (and it was apparently quite legal). He then sued everyone who infringed his trademark (or was it copyright?). I hadn't followed it since, though. So, SU was able to issue the stamps? The few that got out before they were pulled were going for astronomical prices on Ebay. Bet anyone who paid a couple hundred for it,thinking they got a rarity will be just sick!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:04 AM   #356
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

These are due tomorrow - if you haven't already checked in with me, please do so today so I know if you packages are postal. Thanks!

---------
Old 11-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrapat View Post
I'm postal as of today, sent it Priority. It would have gone out yesterday but I came home after a half day at work feeling wretched. And naturally, the meds I took to take care of the sore throat and drainage kept me up all night! Took today off sick, too, although I didn't feel so bad- just wiped out. Adventures at the PO. I used an old Priority box I had downstairs. It exactly matches the dimensions of the current small flat rate box. Would they accept it as a small Priority flat rate box? OF COURSE NOT!!! So I stood there and took the stuff out of my first box, transferred it to the new box (I had suspected they might make me do this) and taped it shut with my trusty packing tape, and stuck Joyce's address label on the box (also with trusty packing tape). So there, nyah, nyah, nyah! How silly is it to turn down a previous incarnation of their own dratted box?

About the Carry On stamps, my husband is a Brit and I had checked out the brouhaha. Apparently the guy trademarked the saying (and it was apparently quite legal). He then sued everyone who infringed his trademark (or was it copyright?). I hadn't followed it since, though. So, SU was able to issue the stamps? The few that got out before they were pulled were going for astronomical prices on Ebay. Bet anyone who paid a couple hundred for it,thinking they got a rarity will be just sick!
You must have another sibling of the nasty lady at our post office. One time I took a box to the post office that I had turned wrong-side out and packed it with stuff. It was a priority box but I was re-using it and didn't think a thing about it. When the nasty lady asked if I wanted to send it priority or regular, I said regular. She weighed it and said it would only be 10 cents more to send it priority. I laughed and said "OK, go ahead and send it priority. I just wasted my time turning it wrong side out." She yelled "YOU CAN'T DO THAT."
I said "I can't do what?"
She said "Turn a priority box wrong side out".
I said "Oh, it is really easy you just open one seam and flip it round"
She said " You can't send this box like that. If the postal inspector finds out you did that you will be in BIG TROUBLE!"
I said "Since the postage was already paid on it once, and I am paying Prioritiy postage again, I WILL do it. It is just a used box, and you don't need to tell the postal inspector. I will just take my chances with him."
She slammed and banged and took my money and mumbled. But the box went OK.
Now I see that the Priority boxes have PRIORITIY printed on the inside too.
Mercy!
We stopped using that post office. We had so many things happen like that. I think they have a requirement for employment that the workers make things as difficult as possible.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #358
Stampin' Fool

I sent mine out priority this morning; they will be there Friday before 3pm. Here's a sneak peak:

Fun swap - can't wait to see everyone else's ideas!
Attached Thumbnails
20121107_005902a.jpg  

Last edited by ajmac; 11-07-2012 at 08:34 AM..
Old 11-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #359

It wouldn't let me see.............
Old 11-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #360
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybilMcC View Post
It wouldn't let me see.............

Oh No! I don't know why - when I look the picture is in the message It is also uploaded in my gallery if you'd like to look - you just have to scroll down past the albums at the top....
Closed Thread