View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 05:49 AM   #157
emmiestamps
Gallery Gazer

Location: Beautiful BC with my soulmate and he is a stamper too!!
Send a message via MSN to emmiestamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccasuehi
Hi Emmiestamps,

In reading your post as a special education teacher I have to ask the following? Does your daughter's school not provide extended school year services? If not, they are not in compliance with IDEA 2004 as extended school year services are necessary for some students who would show issues in regression (losing skills taught) and recoupment (regaining those skills) during the summer break. Here in Hawaii we offer ESY services to all students who qualify. The other services are scaled back, but still offered. Our ESY day is four hours and related service providers come in as needed based on the child's IEP.

Becky
We are in Canada and so far we don't have any school programs that extend into the summer. All of her speech, lifeskills and RDI are done with the school so they end with the school year. We can put her in swimming lessons, but that's only for 2 weeks for a 1/2 a day. Other then that there is music therapy but the waiting list is soooo long. I would be really nice if we had a program like ESY, I think she would really bennifit from it.

As for holidays for the rest of the year we also get 2-3 weeks at Christmas depending how it falls, 2 weeks in the spring, one week at Easter, and every long weekend has a pro D day attached to it.
Diaries Of A Stamper
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!