View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #153
dessertlady
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: My personal view of Diamond Head (from my backyard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmiestamps
Hi Fiona, our summer break here in Canada just started our kids don't go back until September the 5th they got on June 29th such a long haul for my girls, bordem sets in at about week 2-3. We try to keep busy by camping and stuff but as you all well know, different activities don't always go well. I wish there were some summer programs most things around here take the summer off. It get so hot here too where outside become unbearable today is not too bad it is only 31C or 88F, we go all the way up to 38-42C or 100-107F for the month of august, then comes fire season so scary. Hope this week is finding you all having a great time.
All the public schools in HI are transitioning to year round school this year, so the kids had a really short summer. They had one week off before summer program started, summer program for 4 weeks and then two weeks until school starts again. Both the kids have been fussing about doing summer school and not having much time off, but the upside is that they have a fall break, 3 weeks at Christmas and 2 weeks in the spring and they won't be home long enough to get bored or for Jacob to get out of rythm with his school schedule!

Now we just need to survive our 2 week vacation to the grandparents!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!