View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 08:09 AM   #137
emmiestamps
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Beautiful BC with my soulmate and he is a stamper too!!
Send a message via MSN to emmiestamps

I have learned in the last 24 hours we are truly blessed, I called another school district in our province, we were thinking of moving back to where we grew up, as my mom our only support system is moving away at the end of the month, and my hubbys family and our friends are all in Langley where we grew up. Like I said earlier we get speech, some OT, RDI, adapted swimming, life skills, and a fulltime aide here. Megan is intergrated with her class, but still spends a good percentage of her day in the LRT room, getting one on one with her aide for math and reading.
When I phoned the Langley district and asked what services would be available I was appauled at what they told me. NO CHILD has a fulltime aide especially in gr.4 regardless of diagnois, No swimming of any kind, No life skills, limited speech, No RDI, no OT, and I love love this,even if she had a shared aide,I was told OUR AIDES DO NOT TEACH, that is the teacher's job, if your child doesn't get it too bad. Langley is a major center here they have about 100 children with autism in there district, what are they doing with these kids! I live in the same province with the same funding from the government, our school receives no more money then their schools, so why such a difference?
Thanks for letting me rant. I feel like I need to do something but don't know what. I am very put off by all this. I will not be moving anytime soon.
Diaries Of A Stamper
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!