View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 04:14 AM   #13
pigfingers
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapingirl
what's a hoodsie??

I think you have a lot of nice things to include in each package. Preschoolers love little goodies bags filled with stickers, crayons, etc.
What about homemade play dough? Or maybe it falls under a food allergy?
Lisa
Wow, I guess Hoodsies might be a regional thing? Hoodsies are those little individual ice creams that Hood puts out == like a little bowl with vanilla and chocolate ice cream with a cardboard lid. They come in a bags of a dozen or 25 or something like that. Everybody around here always gets them for parties because it is easier than dishing out individual ice creams, so they get those.

I might go back to look at those 3-packs of playdough, I am not sure about the allergy though, thanks for thinking of that -- our school only uses the homemade kind so maybe that is why? Maybe I should pass on that then and save the idea for her birthday party when I know all the kids that are coming.

I ended up finding some cute foam stamps 4/$1 at the Dollar Tree and some coloring/activity books 3/$1, I might look for an alternative for the pencils since I have had quite a few comments (here and from another preschool mom) mentioned that they might not be age-appropriate so I will look for crayons/markers and some stickers to go in. I will probably hit Target, as a few here mentioned there and I have exhausted our Walmart and Dollar Tree.

Thank you all for the advice, SCSers are great people!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!