View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 04:37 PM   #82
StampinMamaTo4
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiona
I so agree with you - my DH is way up there on the spectrum - just never realised it! Now even he says he is Aspie - trouble is - he sometimes uses it as an excuse for not doing stuff - I think its his age too! Down side is that his (DH) parents will not accept that J has it and his cousins are showing signs and both sons are 'eccentric' - that would be seen as a weakness and we don't have any weaknesses in HIS family - must be mine and my SIL genes! My mum is so accepting and reads about and helps and his are a pain - we haven't spoken to them in over 2 years because they will not adapt for J and I'm not willing to let my little one go into a war zone with them and have them shouting (particularly MIL) at him as he has a meltdown or they don't do things his way!
OMG, that is so funny, my DH uses it as an excuse a lot of times, too! And also like you, my in-laws would NEVER accept this, so we have not even mentioned it, except to my BIL's wife (DH's brother's wife.) She does accept and agree with it; gosh, she's known my DH longer than I have!

Hey themrs, my DH also remembers movies, also EVERY episode of Law&Order-- down to the last detail. He can tell you how many times he's seen it, too. Lots of stuff like that! My AS son pretty much has the photographic memory also.

It is so good to know there are others out there who really love their Aspies!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!