View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 12:20 AM   #34
srogers5
Forum Fanatic

Aren't ASD kids the most beautiful! Aaron (9) currently wants a mohawk. NO WAY! I let him do a "fauxhawk" instead.

Sleep isn't bad here, but Aaron always took a lot to settle down. Like 1.5-2 hours of stories. Now he's into a rhythm so that he goes to bed at 9:30, any earlier and he'd be awake past 11:00. But he goes right to sleep at 9:30. I wish it were ealier, but I'll take what I can get. Both boys want us to lay down with them.

Matthew used to be perfect. Put him in his room, he'd hug his stuffed seal, roll over and that's the last we'd see. Then he got into the habit of sleeping with us (started when he was sick, of course). Couldn't get him out of our bed for the longest time. Same with Aaron. At one point there was almost a year when both boys and the dog would be with us in our Queen sized bed. Thankfully now it's just DH and I. Matthew sometimes wanders in in the middle of the night.

Eating is tough for us. Aaron prefers cereal. Both prefer junk. It's hard keeping them out of junk, so I tend not to buy it. For a long time they only hate yellow or white things (chicken nuggets, mac-n-cheese, fries, corn). Then of course we've been on the PB&J kicks, then just plain PB, then PB&Fluff...each for about 1.5 years. Neither kid is much of a meat eater. They'll really only eat chicken. No casseroles. I hate meal planning.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!