View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 06:53 PM   #29
okiechic
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, thanks for starting this thread. We've got 2 beautiful boys on the spectrum. The oldest, caleb will be five in a month. He was diagnosed at 31/2 after a year of me saying, "Something's not quite right." Luke is 2. He was diagnosed with PDD at 18months. Both of them have regressive autism.

Caleb has been in a SDC preK for the last 2 years. He'll be starting a new program next week which we are really excited about. He's come a long way. He's starting to talk more and puts together crude sentences . Usually, "Want show please." Also he's almost potty trained. No easy task.

Luke is still so little. He is getting early intervention services - preschool, OT, speech - which seem to be helping. He's fairly social, but he's got a lot of sensory issues. He's starting to talk again a little.

Obsessions-
Caleb - Toy Story at the moment. "Buzz, please."

Luke- all things Thomas the train. The child wakes up at 5am and groggilly says, "Choochoo??"

Tantrums-

Caleb is an avoider. He doesn't tantrum often. Although I did take the 2 of them to the pool by myself last week. Caleb wasn't quite ready to go and laid down on the ground and screamed. It took me 20 minutes to get him in the car! That's not typical for him though.

Luke tantrums occassionally, but is really fairly easy going for an ASD kid. It''s hard to tell what's the autism and what's age appropriate behavior at 2 too.

Thanks for starting this thread.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!