View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 06:02 AM   #27
emmiestamps
Gallery Gazer

Location: Beautiful BC with my soulmate and he is a stamper too!!
Send a message via MSN to emmiestamps

Welcome Sharon thanks for sharing with us, I do agree with your catch more flies with honey approach, and more often then not it works for getting Megan what she needs, god has always provided her need even before we knox them, but her sister Stephanie I have had to fight tooth and nail to get any service for her because her diagnois is neuro developmental disorder, to a social worker fancy word for aurism to the school board just delayed, so we have had struggles getting her service.

Fixations for Megan are Dora, Barney,watches she wears six at a time all her arms can hold. She spends alot of time on her trampoline a great release for her, winters are long without it,we do have a little one for in the house, but it is not the same.

Meltdowns for her tend to be, kids staring at her (huge), she often has her own plans for the day, so when I tell her really what is going to happen meltdown.She also doesn't do well in large crowd settings, mall etc. but loves to got to Walmart.

For Stephanie fixations are Horses, horses, and horses, lives and breathes horses. I find this one hard because there is no other fixation just horses 24/7 all she wants to talk about, she also has a hard time keeping friends, they get bored of the horses and move on.

Meltdowns for Stephanie include things like, embarassment, and not understanding verbal commands, although she speaks perfectly she only understands about 30% of what is spoken, so there are alot of misunderstandings.

Meltdown for Megan usually require removal from the situation or calm down rourine that we have in place, counting turtles, coloring, beanbag chair, if these are not possible she likes squeeze, arm squeeze, leg,shoulder,and head.For Steph just talking and hugging. A lot of reassurance for her too she sometimes feels so out of place, even with constant reminder from us that we are here,we love her always and with help we can just about do anything.
Diaries Of A Stamper
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!