View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 06:36 PM   #14
crazzeescrapper
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Hello

My 5 year old son David is mildly Autistic. It has been amazing to see the progress he's made and also tearful at times to see him stuggling. He didn't speak at all until he was almost 3. Luckly his pediatrician had us start with EI when he was 18 months and I believe the early services really helped him. Now he talks a lot and has made great strides. He'll be six in September. Last year we had the option of sending him to elementary school and he did a 1/2 day in the life skills program. They were great him. One of our biggest challenges was potty training and he finally was fully potty trained last fall after starting school. This fall he'll be in the life skills program in the morning and regular kindergarten in the afternoon. I'm a little worried about how he'll do in the regular class, but I'm really proud that he's come so far that the school feels like he can do it.
I also was wondering how many other people on the boards are effected by autism. I"m glad this thread was started. I also use stamping as my therapy.

"Somethings gotta go wrong, cuz I'm feeling way too damn good" - Nickelback
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!