View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 07:35 AM   #1
emmiestamps
Gallery Gazer

Location: Beautiful BC with my soulmate and he is a stamper too!!
Send a message via MSN to emmiestamps
Lightbulb Support For Parents With Autistic Children

Hi, just wandering how many of us are out there thought it would be nice to get to know one another. I would like this to be a place where we can celebrate the all the accomplishments, milestones and be able to draw support and encouagement when we need it. We are blessed with some pretty amazing kids.

I will start I have 2 girls my youngest Megan is 9 years old, soon to be 10, she was diagnosed at just over 18 months of age. She received no service until she was 5, so we moved to a new area where they had more services. So at 5 she started speech at the health unit, then a few month later she started in the EIBI program ( Early intensive behavioral intervention) she continued this program until the age of 7 when she was cut off for funding due to age. After that we did very little for the next year adapted swimming, speech etc. Then her speech and language pathologist started her on the RDI program( Relationship Development Intervention) wow this has been awsome for her! She will continue this until she is more then likely an adult.

My other daughter Stephanie is 11 years old and is believed to be on the spectrum we are still awaiting proper diagnois for her, so she has not received as many services, although she has great language skills, witch sometimes helps and sometimes hurts.

As a parent I have had some of the proudest moments of my life watching these girls grow, not that I haven't been to some pretty dark places either.

So lets get to know one another! Who's next!
Diaries Of A Stamper
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!