Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-12-2005, 12:22 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default sticky strip & mini glue dots

I am trying to complete my collection of NECESSARY accessories. I usually use monoadhesive for cardstock, and it suits me fine (especially at good prices from Viking!) However, I know that something different is needed for buttons, boxes, etc. I've heard glue dots recommended for buttons and sticky strip for boxes. I've not used either yet, and want to combine purposes to save money when I can. Can I use a small piece of sticky strip on the back of buttons and other bulky embellishments in place of a glue dot? Will it hold as well? I'm looking for function at the best possible economic value. Can I get some imput from those of you who have used both?

TIA!

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/spedabstbit
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2005, 12:34 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have and use both.

Mini Glue Dots are great for buttons and bows, but be sure that you pull the dots off with the item you are sticking (I'm a dork, and was pulling it off with my fingers, getting oil on it, and everything would come off! - I didn't think they worked worth a darn until I had someone correct me). I'm not as crazy about the pop up glue dots, but the mini's I use all the time. Another big plus for the glue dots is that it's an easy item to sell when customers get to use it - maybe my biggest and easiest sell item!

As for the sticky strip. I love this! Yes it will hold buttons, etc, but it's not as convienient to cut a strip off everytime you are working on something. I find this more useful then the dots because it not only works great for boxes, ribbons and buttons, but it's wonderful with holding ribbon in place on the back of cards, etc. I have not had as much luck selling this item, and again I think it's because it's not as convienient.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2005, 01:02 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, Bonnie! That's very helpful information.

Anybody else?

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/spedabstbit
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2005, 01:40 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Default glue 'strips'

actually - they have two different kind of strips - the continuous ones that were already mentioned - but they also have ones that are already 1" pieces - so you don't have to cut them.

What I don't like about the strips, though, is that they are a little bit dimensional. They aren't 'flat' like the glue dots.

I am TOTALLY addictted to glue dots, though! I ALWAYS have a couple of extra boxes on hand - can't run out in the middle of a project! I usually stock up when the scrapbook stores have 25% off adhesives sales.

www.funstampersjourney.com/julierobinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2005, 05:41 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

i use the glue dots, mini and pop up ones, and i love them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2005, 06:06 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie Beal
Mini Glue Dots are great for buttons and bows, but be sure that you pull the dots off with the item you are sticking (I'm a dork, and was pulling it off with my fingers, getting oil on it, and everything would come off! - I didn't think they worked worth a darn until I had someone correct me).
So THAT's why my bow from that make-and-take kept falling off! Why didn't my demo say anything? I may actually order some now!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes