View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 09:49 PM   #8
Ronda Nix
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to Ronda Nix

Thanks for the additional responses. I think my doctor wasn't overly alarmed b/c he did do a stick test, but it wasn't the one that is normally used, so he didn't get a satisfactory measurement, and he did a protein test also and that looked ok. He has been my family physician since I was 6 years old and has delivered both of my children as well as my sisters', so I trust his judgement. If he felt the results he got in the office needed immediate attention, I'm sure he would have sent us on to the hospital. (He made me quit work a week early when I was pregnant b/c my blood pressure went up a bit. I had only left work for an hour to go to my appointment and had to go back to work and say I was done then and there. Needless to say, my boss was a little surprised, but very understanding.)
Anyway, I think he is just erring on the side of caution, since Georgia hasn't displayed the other key symptoms like thirstiness, weight loss, listlessness, etc. She is a little firecracker who I have a hard time keeping up with some days! Thanks again to everyone for their advice and concern. I will be calling the office on Monday to see if the test came back yet. I'll keep you posted.
Ronda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!