Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2017, 03:23 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Does anyone recognize this Christmas Tree Die?

Hi Ladies,

I love this Christmas Tree die but don't know who makes it; I am hoping someone will recognize it.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AYfC9z...mqCrMb1LUozsg/

Saundra
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2017, 03:38 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the Sue Wilson Christmas Tree Greetings die. I love her dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2017, 05:41 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you! I am not familiar with her dies and would never have found it without your help!

Saundra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2017, 05:49 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoganView Post
That's the Sue Wilson Christmas Tree Greetings die. I love her dies.

Where do you buy her dies?; everything I see is in the UK etc. Plus it appears that everyone is out of this die.

Saundra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2017, 06:58 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

CreativePlayStamps.com has this die but it's sold out now. Ask to be notified when it's back in stock and let them know you want one. They send you an email and hold the item for a short time for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2017, 07:25 PM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Yikes! I just spotted this same die being sold by a vendor from China on EBay. I entered search words: Craft dies from China - Halloween

Here's a link to the die on EBay:

Halloween Xmas Metal Cutting Dies Stencils Scrapbooking Embossing Paper Crafts | eBay

I see that this link does not go directly to that die. Tap on the select area and it is the first die listed.

Only reason I spotted this die was because someone on another thread was talking about new craft dies on ********** and I was curious if the same dies appeared on EBay. They did, and this was one of the dies that popped up.

Last edited by Boss; 09-15-2017 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: Darn auto correct keeps making up words!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2017, 04:54 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought one just like that from **********.com.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2017, 08:06 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Just wanted to add - I have some of Sue Wilson's dies and there is *something* different about them, even though they are manufactured in China. They aren't the silver color of the dies from **********; there is some kind of coating or something on them, and they cut like a dream and I have not ever had my cardstock stick in the die.

That being said - $3 vs $20 (if you can find it in stock)? Hard to say no to that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2017, 09:25 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 65 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a slight moral/ethical issue with buying dies from China if they are copying/ripping off established, legitimate designs. But maybe that's a topic for another thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2017, 11:26 AM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula O.View Post
I have a slight moral/ethical issue with buying dies from China if they are copying/ripping off established, legitimate designs. But maybe that's a topic for another thread.
Keep in mind that not all the dies that USA companies sell are proprietary dies. There are US based companies that sell dies designed/produced in China. Gina Marie Designs sells some dies that I recognize from China vendors - she only puts Gina Marie Designs watermark on those that are proprietary dies (hers).
Another place I have seen China designed/manufactured dies sold is Dies by Dave. There are others, but I will let these stand as an example of non-stolen Designs that are being sold by any company that wants to do so,

Yes, without a doubt there are stolen designs being sold by the Chinese vendors. I think it is fair to have ethical qualms about buying them. On the other hand, there should be ethical qualms about companies charging customers outrageous amounts for die sets that have a low production cost and are not unique in design or quality.

Ethical qualms are a good thing, as they indicate that the our moral sense of right and wrong still exists. I applaud you for bring up the subject!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2017, 11:36 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

On another board people have been reporting lots of stealing of designs on **********.com and with certain Chinese vendors.

Unfair to the people who have invested their time and money into creating the dies, and little they can do about it since it's China.

ETA I'd wouldn't think anyone here would have necessarily known that - no accusation implied! And we each set our own moral/ethical line we won't cross. Where they are varies. : )

I'd worked with kiln-formed (fused) glass, and artists I knew who would sell at juried art and fine craft shows would try (unsuccessfully) to stop people from China from photographing their work, their livelihood. Later they'd see copies on line or in big box stores.

One stained glass artist stopped making Tiffany style stained glass lamps, which would take her hundreds of hours, because of the cheap knock-offs - some that were well made - sold at Home Depot. A lighting store that was one of my clients stopped selling them too - couldn't compete.

The closest LSS to me is closing this month after 14 years. No design theft involved, but can't compete with the Internet. It's tough out there!

Last edited by bjeans; 09-19-2017 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Reply With Quote Likes