Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-06-2017, 10:33 AM   #41  
Inking Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't see ANY ads on my Pinterest app. I have an update from a couple of days ago that I haven't done yet. Maybe they'll show up after that update. I only have two boards, and they are private. I just pin cards that I like into those boards. I had a hard time getting into Pinterest as I couldn't seem to find instructions on how to use it. I am seeing lots of short little videos on cooking/recipes and find them mesmerizing. I have to stop looking at cards and watch these little videos and then need to eat something as everything looks so yummy. I'm happy I'm not getting ads, but wonder why I'm not when everyone seems to be getting them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2017, 11:07 AM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

When I first joined I only got pins from people I chose to follow. For some time now my feed is full of pins and nothing beneath pic to say who pinned it not like before. Now I go to my notifications to see pins by people I follow.

It appears that if you look at anything at all on Pinterest if only out of curiosity and not because you want to pin, immediately you get a feed full of anything remotely related for to your " look see" and I am not talking about using the search icon.

It is beginning to be more difficult to navigate I have found.for me it's too much stuff coming in on the feed and a time waster, so I just quickly scan and go to my notifications where I can find what I originally subscribed for.

I also had my boards jumbled up and I think I just closed the app and re-opened ..........or did I go to my " techie grandson guru" for a fix. It was some time me ago or I would post the solution...sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2017, 05:01 PM   #43  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

That's great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2017, 03:04 AM   #44  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi GingerD. Yes I got that automated response, and did reply saying it had nothing to do with my problem, so we'll see what happens. It annoys me, either they know that a software update is going to break stuff, and still release it, or they don't test it very thoroughly before they release it. Either way, it's not good enough.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2017, 07:31 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

Maybe if enough people complain they will get their act together. But because they make it so difficult to contact them how can they be aware, it appears many just give up trying to contact them.

It is also frustrating that many companies are so automated to a point that it is almost impossible to speak to a human.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2017, 07:56 AM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

Totally agree, canada goose. I really do think they make contacting them as difficult as possible, so people give up. Don't know about over there, but over here in the UK, it's almost impossible to dial any company now and actually speak to a human being! I really can't recall when I managed it, without jumping through heaven alone knows how many hoops first.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2017, 07:48 PM   #47  
Gallery Gazer

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

I got so frustrated with Pinterest and my boards, I deleted my account over the weekend. My boards used to all be private, then suddenly they weren't. Their email customer service is NO HELP at all and very repetitive. It got to where I just didn't enjoy myself anymore--don't get me wrong, there's tons of great ideas there--but the rigamarole of getting rid of ads and trying to keep boards private was too much. Pinterest just isn't fun anymore. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #48  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't agree more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #49  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepperannView Post
I got so frustrated with Pinterest and my boards, I deleted my account over the weekend. My boards used to all be private, then suddenly they weren't. Their email customer service is NO HELP at all and very repetitive. It got to where I just didn't enjoy myself anymore--don't get me wrong, there's tons of great ideas there--but the rigamarole of getting rid of ads and trying to keep boards private was too much. Pinterest just isn't fun anymore. :(
I couldn't agree more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2017, 06:19 AM   #50  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even worse, I am getting pins from a friend that passed away 2 years ago. Haunted? Delayed pins?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2017, 12:30 PM   #51  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Now that's strange, southgirl.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2017, 12:40 PM   #52  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

That's so weird! Same with the secret boards. How did you even find out they weren't secret anymore?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2017, 12:48 PM   #53  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 649 Likes on 368 Posts

I've started trying to get my boards back in alphabetical order. I've only gotten 3-4 done. It will take forever and then who knows when they will get all jumbled again. So far, the few I have in order have stayed today. Wish you could just choose how you want your boards, click that and they all line up that way. :confused::confused::confused: I hate the way my Pinterest looks right now and takes time to find anything I want to see.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2017, 05:20 AM   #54  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by southgirlView Post
Even worse, I am getting pins from a friend that passed away 2 years ago. Haunted? Delayed pins?
I was pretty sure I was seeing old pins and this confirms it. If it wasn't so hard to contact Pinterest I would complain, but I have done so in the past and nothing changes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2017, 01:35 AM   #55  
Die Cut Diva

They seem to have fixed the problem with boards not 'sticking' after you move them. Had a proper response to my email last night, from a real person, not just a standard form response. May have helped that on getting the standard response for a second time, I got a bit shirty with them! Anyway, a lady called Darlene said the moving problem was fixed, and would I try it out & let her know, so she could escalate it if it wasn't as fixed as they thought it was. tried it and now they stay put, even after leaving the page. Downside is, now I have to re-order all my boards again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2017, 02:36 AM   #56  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad you heard something. I had too but now the communication has gone dead. I do NOT understand why they don't have a dropdown that enables the user to put the boards in alphabetical order or numbered order. If the user doesn't want to use it well then they put them the way they want them.

A dropdown for me would make moving the boards a non-issue!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2017, 03:30 AM   #57  
Die Cut Diva

I agree gingerd, it will be a bit time consuming to move them all back to how I want them. What REALLY irritates me is that this was clearly caused by something they did with the software. Why didn't they test it first? Or offer users a chance to test out first as a Beta version? Doing an update without testing is just shoddy workmanship.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2017, 02:55 PM   #58  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I have a question. If I am following a board....and I see ads. And I turn them off. Is that only in my view or the original board too?

I dont get a feed. I just see the board I am following when I open and then move from there to mine if I want to.

When I pin something it is very clear that it pinned-it says so. You should see that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2017, 07:23 AM   #59  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I've been wondering about blocking ads in places other than my home feed, also. I don't understand if that works or not. I am talking about ads I see when I do a search. For example, if I search for craft rooms, sometimes ads show up there, and usually they have little or nothing to do with craft rooms.

When you open your account you don't go to your homefeed? That is a list of all the pins of the people you follow. Mine used to include what I pinned also, but now it does not. It also used to be only the new pins that people I follow had just pinned, but now it is very old pins, perhaps from years ago. It is one of the things I really am finding frustrating, but as all of Pinterest is frustrating me these days, I find it less and less of a site that interests me. I've been finding Youtube to be more inspiring.

Sorry I wasn't able to answer your questions!
Reply With Quote Likes