Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-15-2017, 12:01 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Question Help with sponges.....

Hi!
I FINALLY gave in & got the new Distress Oxide Inks! YEAH! But, I am wondering HOW do you ladies store your sponges???? I got the regular size ink pads & the little sponges won't fit in the bottoms like the mini's of course. Any ideas for me as to HOW to store the sponges? (round) I've seen Becca Feccan store hers in little plastic Ziploc type of bags--from the jewelry isle, & she hangs them on a circular thingy. LOL I haven't figured out how to label the bags without using my PT Labeler. Permanent Ink/marker just rubs off. I have a drawer full of sponges that I have to go through every time I want to use a sponge. Not fun! LOL Your ideas are welcome & thank you! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2017, 12:19 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I stuck one side of small sticky-backed Velcro circles onto the bottom of each ink pad- just the side of the Velcro that will grab the black side of the blending pads (sponges).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I stack the pads up to put them away, I put a small piece of paper between each one so the blending pads won't mark up the top of the ink pad containers. The paper is actually from one of the cube memo pads - perfect size - but you can use copy or other paper.

Or I should have said I won't *further* mark them up. I didn't do that the first time I stacked them to put in a pouch to take to a class, and every top got inked up by the color on to of it. : )

Another way to do it would be to print out Tim's Distress chart or make your own since right now we only have 12 colors (with 12 more due soon!), laminate it and attach the Velcro to it. So you'd have a sheet of little blenders, if that makes sense.

Last edited by bjeans; 06-15-2017 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: Added link, correction
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2017, 12:30 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
I stuck one side of small sticky-backed Velcro circles onto the bottom of each ink pad- just the side of the Velcro that will grab the black side of the blending pads (sponges).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I stack the pads up to put them away, I put a small piece of paper between each one so the blending pads won't mark up the top of the ink pad containers. The paper is actually from one of the cube memo pads - perfect size - but you can use copy or other paper.

Or I should have said I won't *further* mark them up. I didn't do that the first time I stacked them to put in a pouch to take to a class, and every top got inked up by the color on to of it. : )

Another way to do it would be to print out Tim's Distress chart or make your own since right now we only have 12 colors (with 12 more due soon!), laminate it and attach the Velcro to it. So you'd have a sheet of little blenders, if that makes sense.
bjeans,
THANK YOU! I thought about using the velcro.... I wondered if they could be stacked up or not with the velcro on them. There is no problem in stacking? I also wondered if these ink pads are best stored up-side down? I have a friend who got the mini's & they leaked all over. I am planning on doing the labeling of each color on the side too. But, I LIKE the idea of the color chart you mentioned too. LOL SUCH HARD DECISIONS for us card makers, huh? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2017, 12:32 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Guess I didn't need to "quote" that, right? LOL Where do you get the chart? Tim Holtz's blog? THANKS!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2017, 12:41 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Every time I don't quote, posts land in between mine and the one I'm quoting so my post doesn't make sense. ; )

They are a little tippy with the Velcro coins on them. Later today I'll stack them outside of their pouch to see how stable they are and report back. I don't have a permanent home for them yet so they're in a zippered Scout make-up (?) pouch that perfectly holds all twelve. When the next batch comes out I might spring for another OrganizeMore.com ink pad storage unit, or more than likely will use a drawer and move what's in the drawer elsewhere.

I see no reason to store them upside down. Here's what Ranger said in an email when I asked about storage:
"Distress Oxide Ink Pads should be stored flat. Since the formula contains pigment, storing the pads on the sides may result in drawing the ink to the edge of the pad. Original Distress Ink Pads can be stored flat or on the sides. If storing these pads [regular Distress] on the side, just be sure there is no space for the lid to open."

Oh! Tim has a separate chart for Oxide inks - perfect for the first twelve. It's on the right-hand column. Select Distress The chart for all Distress inks is on the left.
Organize Your Ranger Products | Ranger Ink and Innovative Craft Products
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2017, 01:04 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh THANK YOU bjeans! I was able to download the chart. You know I only got a VERY FEW of the regular Distress Inks. VERY FEW! It was SO OVERWHELMING, thinking of trying to get them all & every thing else just seemed to take precedent over them. I've never even gotten all the markers. They're hard to find in that they aren't labeled well, unless you buy the whole bunch at once! I heard the Oxide Inks were easier to blend, so I thought, "I HAVE TO HAVE THEM!" LOL Do you use special Labels or a certain brand on yours too? I was thinking of using my PT Labeler, but I think just getting the kind from the Office Supply or Amazon would be cheaper! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2017, 01:16 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

I haven't labeled my Oxides since I'm looking down at the tops of them in a pouch. If they were on a stamp rack I'd see the edges and would label them either with my label maker and an inked dot stuck to each label (a la Jennifer McGuire), or would use Tim's labels - also on that page - that can be printed onto sticker paper. I'd probably color dots and use my own since the color would be more accurate.

I have most Distress inks in minis and like them for techniques, but LOVE Oxides, including for straight stamping. I don't have many Distress markers but have liked them for a few techniques. I kind of forget about them.

I'm going to take a class using every Distress medium so will see if I end up reaching for the markers more. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2017, 01:39 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

You will have to let us know how the class goes???? That would be interesting! ;)

I printed off the color chart onto card stock. You just smudge the ink right on it, right? I wonder if it would be good to laminate the chart when I get done & then add the velcro? What do you think? OF COURSE, I will have to spritz it with water for the full color reveal! ;) I've been showing my hubby what I'm doing AND that you said MORE OXIDES are coming! LOL We've been talking about how to store them.... He's been getting me some containers at Walmart that I can put my wood blocked stamps in, so there isn't continuous pressure on the rubber.... & said he saw some that were lower/shorter than those that he got me, which I could use for these inks. I told him to get one & let me see... ;) I can ALWAYS find something for it, if I don't use it for the inks. I'm thinking of layering them in the container with the color chart on top with the sponges attached to it, & a piece of card board in-between the next layer of inks, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2017, 02:14 PM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Yes, I'd laminate the chart and then attach the Velcro if I was storing my pads that way. I might not mist the colors, or if I did mist, I'd mask off half the stamped color and lightly mist so half would be oxidized and half not.

Maybe the decision is whether the laminated chart would also be a color reference sheet, or mainly a color-coded blender pad holder, and keep a reference sheet or sheets separate. In an Oxide class we were given a half (?) sheet of white, kraft and black cardstock to stamp an image of each color onto so we could have three reference sheets. I stamped each color twice, covered one row and lightly misted the other. Just personal preference.

Since the ink pads stack, would you need a layer of cardstock between layers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2017, 03:35 PM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

What a good idea! I'd forgotten about the inks showing up so well on the kraft & black/dark card stock! And I also like the idea of leaving half covered! GOT TO REMEMBER THIS as I get so excited... LOL

I was thinking of storing the sponges with the inks, a layer of ink pads & the card stock with the sponges on it, on top.... Hm, I just thought, that might SQUISH the sponges. Maybe, I'll have to get a smaller case for each dozen, but that could take some time for ALL of the colors to come out & then, I might not be able to get the same containers.... UGH! I'm trying to think of a way to keep them together, so I can find them easier. NOT that I have a lot of stuff, but I have little space! LOL

If you kept the sheets with the sponges separate from the ink pads, how would you store them? Notebook?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2017, 03:45 PM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

It would just be one 8.5 x 11 laminated sheet to hold the blending foams - one in each square on the Tim chart, if you go that route - unless you're thinks no of something's no else?

I don't think it would hurt the foam circles if you stack another ink pad or two on top. Mine are stacked three high and they're fine. I figure eventually they'll show wear and tear anyway and I'd get more. I've washed a few and that didn't hurt them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2017, 04:03 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

O.k., that sounds good then! I COULD keep them with the ink pads! Washing those little sponges sound GOOD! LOL

THANK YOU bjeans! You've REALLY HELPED ME with thinking this through! ;) (((HUGS!)))

Now, do tell? Why do I only see TWO CARDS in your gallery???? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 03:27 AM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

LOL You're so welcome. And maybe others will weigh in - the methods I use or can think of aren't the only ones!

As for my gallery, I know, right? Shame on me. I don't take good photos - just using an old phone - and I've only been in two challenges, so haven't put anything else up. Maybe I'll try to toss some up there. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 06:10 AM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What about the plastic pocket organizers used for ATC's or coins?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 06:14 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

This is a good idea too! And store them in a binder?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
This is a good idea too! And store them in a binder?
Is there a reason you'd want a binder for one sheet of coin protectors, maybe two at most down the road?

The other thing to consider is if you'd want to reach into the little pockets to pull them out.

If you used pages with larger pockets so needed more than one page, you could always do the Jennifer McGuire thing where she attaches her samples that are in coin protector pages with a ring at the top.

I'm lazy so the most efficient/easiest way is the goal. No binder, no opening bags, no digging through anything. If mine were on a laminated chart and I had to bring them somewhere, I'd just slip them into a job ticket holder. A page protector or 9x12 envelope would work too; I use job ticket holders for lots of things so they're handy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 12:12 PM   #17  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I store my large distress ink like this. when I saw it on pinterest I wasn't sure but I like it. It will hold 32 full size pads. I did buy the plastic bands recommended by someone hear at SCS (thank you) to hold the lids on the pads. I put a label on the top with a color spot.

I store my mini's distress in the Tim Holtz tins and that is where I store my round sponges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
I store my large distress ink like this. when I saw it on pinterest I wasn't sure but I like it. It will hold 32 full size pads. I did buy the plastic bands recommended by someone hear at SCS (thank you) to hold the lids on the pads. I put a label on the top with a color spot.

I store my mini's distress in the Tim Holtz tins and that is where I store my round sponges.
I bought some of the blogger's other plastic containers but they didn't work. I like the first one on her blog - the one you have. I'd have to reconfigure my tables. Do you think this is the same one?
https://www.containerstore.com/s/bat...rganizer&pos=1

I have mini Distress and other cubes in very shallow boxes which can be stacked two or three, depending on which Alex drawer they're in. I like that I can pull one of the boxes out - no lid - and have the cubes in front of me. One large one has HA, Versafine and Altenew minis. The others are almost all Distress inks.
I'm blanking on the name but when I go up to my craft room I'll look again.

BTW, I'm the Plasti-Bands pusher. ; ) Glad you like the!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

I like this idea too, but I thought the Distress Oxides had to be stored flat. I'm still working this out in my head, & am thinking of clear containers with lids for storage, so they can be stored flat. Possibly keeping the color swatches with those inks too & the sponges also..... How many REGULAR Distress Inks are out there on the market now? I'm guessing they will come out with just as many in the Oxide Inks? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 01:47 PM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

You're so right. According to Ranger in an email, regular Distress inks can be stored flat or on their sides. But Oxides:

"Distress Oxide Ink Pads should be stored flat. Since the formula contains pigment, storing the pads on the sides may result in drawing the ink to the edge of the pad."

There are 61 regular Distress inks. The next 12 Oxides should be out this summer. I like Organize More's ink organizers. They have a chipboard or cardboard piece that can be inserted for Distress inks since they're not as long as other brands of ink. I have one of them for other brands of ink.
https://www.organizemore.com/collect...nk-pad-storage
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 01:56 PM   #21  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

I bought some of the blogger's other plastic containers but they didn't work. I like the first one on her blog - the one you have. I'd have to reconfigure my tables. Do you think this is the same one?
https://www.containerstore.com/s/bat...rganizer&pos=1

I have mini Distress and other cubes in very shallow boxes which can be stacked two or three, depending on which Alex drawer they're in. I like that I can pull one of the boxes out - no lid - and have the cubes in front of me. One large one has HA, Versafine and Altenew minis. The others are almost all Distress inks.
I'm blanking on the name but when I go up to my craft room I'll look again.

BTW, I'm the Plasti-Bands pusher. ; ) Glad you like the!
Thank you again for the Plasti-Bands - such a great buy. I'll look forward to hearing about the boxes you have for the cubes as I'd like to find something for my other cubes.

This is the one I bought and it's cheaper than the one you found. I put 2 pads per shelf so I can store more. You have to pull both pads out to remove them but it works well for me so I don't mind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 04:27 PM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

That is VERY GOOD to know bjeans! THANK YOU! I put the site in my favorites! AND the other storage idea/plastic containers are a SUPER IDEA too for the other inks! ONE DAY, I WILL have my craft room!!! ALL IN TIME!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #23  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

I have one dedicated blending tool for each color! It can get expensive, but I like not having to pull a sponge off every time I use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 05:06 PM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
Thank you again for the Plasti-Bands - such a great buy. I'll look forward to hearing about the boxes you have for the cubes as I'd like to find something for my other cubes.

This is the one I bought and it's cheaper than the one you found. I put 2 pads per shelf so I can store more. You have to pull both pads out to remove them but it works well for me so I don't mind.
Thanks!

Okay, the boxes are from livinbox and called "shallow drawer organizer." But The Container Store doesn't list them by manufacturer.
https://www.containerstore.com/s/off...uctId=11003583

There are three boxes. (Forget the skinny one though it could be handy too.) The small box holds 15 mini ink cubes - 3 rows of 5 with wiggle room. Distress mini cubes are slightly larger than minis from any other company, and you can fit 12. You could store Distress minis on their sides and get more in, but would need to PlastiBand them. (Tim said in a video that Ranger is now making them with tighter lids, much to his dismay.)

You can get fit 35 minis or 28 Distress minis in the larger box.

The boxes stack, both the small on the large or each size on top of itself. How they stack is a bit unusual - a box fits into the box below it about an inch deep onto a small lip. There are no lids, but you can use an empty box as a lid and rubber band it.

They stack two high in the shallower Alex drawers.

The plastic is sturdy but not hard - kind of like Art Bin plastic, if that makes sense.

I searched forever to find these. I liked some other options that were desk-top but didn't want to give up the real estate. And I avoid hinged lids because they double the size of a box.

If you want I'll get a couple of pictures of how they look with the ink in them, but you can also them on the website - the boxes with the stapler and the notepads.

Oh, the price is super. $3.50 and $3.99 each.

Last edited by bjeans; 06-17-2017 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: Chrome glitch - adds extra lines
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 06:50 PM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I have one dedicated blending tool for each color! It can get expensive, but I like not having to pull a sponge off every time I use them.
70 tools would be a bit much. :shock: (58 regular Distress and 12 Oxides.)

I have 5 or 6 tools now, and since the blending foams are on the bottoms of each ink pad, so it takes probably under a minute to set the tools up when I begin - or a few seconds if I want to add colors I hadn't planned on.

I also have finger daubers. They're in a dauber box. For regular distress I just have them in ROYGBLIV families. I haven't used them for Oxides yet but if I do I'll have one dauber per color and gget a second box or find something smaller they'll stand up in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #26  
Proud Fan Club Member

I only have 20 distress inks and 12 oxides so more manageable. I have them on a plastic three tier spice organizer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2017, 04:18 AM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I only have 20 distress inks and 12 oxides so more manageable. I have them on a plastic three tier spice organizer.
The issue for me is tabletop real estate, not wanting to feel crowded by stuff that's out - an ongoing negotiation!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2017, 04:47 AM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

Yep, that is my problem, SPACE! Whether it's my desk top OR storage! My poor husband is WONDERFUL to just navigate around all of my STUFF! LOL I only have 4 of the regular distress inks & now the first 12 of the Oxides. AND A drawer full (Well, a half a drawer- It's not easy trying to find the right sponge when it's needed) of sponges in little bags, for all of the inks I have..... Storage is an issue I've been working on for ALL of my stamping supplies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2017, 04:54 AM   #29  
Gallery Gazer

That's partly why I like blending foams on the bottom of the ink pads. There's no extra "thing" taking up room. And the tools they attach to can be tossed into in a drawer. It also eliminates looking for the right foam that's stuck onto a chart, though the chart method still seems neat. But then I'd have this 8.5x11 chart sitting out to pull foams off of.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2017, 06:11 AM   #30  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

This is how I store my Distress Oxide sponges. I did not want to buy more handles, since I do not use these inks too often yet and I did not want to store the sponges on the bottom of the inks since I have them all stacked together in an 8x8 plastic container, with my sponge "book" stored in it as well.

I got this idea off of Pinterest a long time ago and finally put it into action. The whole thing is a piece of thin chipboard that I scored so it folds like a book. I have to finish the cover, just to make it pretty and on the inside, opposite the sponges, I added a black piece of cardstock just to keep it looking cleaner. If I were to make another one, I would use black cardstock on both sides. I just made my own labels using return address labels and punched a small circle out as a swatch of the color. I really liked that I had all the supplies on hand already, including the Velcro which are hook and loop tabs that I just cut into thirds.

On a side note, I store my mini ink cubes into Stampin up clamshell cases.
Attached Thumbnails
Help with sponges.....-img_3235.jpg   Help with sponges.....-img_3236.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2017, 06:24 AM   #31  
Gallery Gazer

That's very clean and crisp looking - so nice!

Question - when the next 12 come out, what will you do? And you thought Tim's chart didn't quite serve the purpose?

BTW, mine are stacked also, even though the foam pads are Velcro'ed underneath. They're just a little wiggly jiggly. (Like me.) For now they're in a waterproof, zippered Scout pouch that just happened to fit perfectly, though that will change down the road since I'd prefer a box or drawer or Organize More storage unit, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2017, 07:42 AM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Question - when the next 12 come out, what will you do? And you thought Tim's chart didn't quite serve the purpose?

BTW, mine are stacked also, even though the foam pads are Velcro'ed underneath. They're just a little wiggly jiggly. (Like me.) For now they're in a waterproof, zippered Scout pouch that just happened to fit perfectly, though that will change down the road since I'd prefer a box or drawer or Organize More storage unit, etc.

Thanks!!
when the next 12 come out, I am really going to pay attention to the colors and see if I really want all of them. I have a bad habit of buying the entire collection, and only later realize I don't use some of them at all. If I do end up using these first 12 a lot, then I may get another ink pad holder for them, but I may make another book for the foam pads, so far I really like it. And to be honest, I didn't even think to look for Tim's chart, that would have been a lot easier
I have the Organize More storage units for my regular Distress and Stampin up inks and I love them!! I bought them before the Oxides were released, so I didn't get the big one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2017, 07:45 AM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

My plans are to find a container that will hold the Oxide Inks flat--- one layer & I can lay the color charts on top of them, & I'm still thinking about the sponges.... But, whatever it is, they too will be in that container wit their coordinating inks. Knowing now they have 36 colors of the Reg. Distress Inks helps me plan for the future for the Oxides, buying enough containers.....

Your idea for the sponges stacylovespaper, is kind of what I had been thinking. You did a SUPER JOB in doing this! ;) For the color swatches I created so far, I have a square solid stamp, a piece of rubber that was left over from cutting out stamps, from AGES AGO! I stamped each square on the Tim Holtz chart, using my Misti, so I would get good coverage! ;) I then covered half of each square & spritzed it with water for that effect, as bjeans suggested! To be honest, I can't really see much difference, except that that area is splotchy. Maybe, it's the paper I'm using?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

(Responding to Staceylovespaper)
Organize More will also make a smaller unit if requested. I think 24? They used to offer it as a standard option, and when I couldn't find it, asked and they said no prob making it. They're really nice, aren't they? A small family business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2017, 07:52 AM   #35  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

My plans are to find a container that will hold the Oxide Inks flat--- one layer & I can lay the color charts on top of them, & I'm still thinking about the sponges.... But, whatever it is, they too will be in that container wit their coordinating inks. Knowing now they have 36 colors of the Reg. Distress Inks helps me plan for the future for the Oxides, buying enough containers.....

Your idea for the sponges stacylovespaper, is kind of what I had been thinking. You did a SUPER JOB in doing this! ;) For the color swatches I created so far, I have a square solid stamp, a piece of rubber that was left over from cutting out stamps, from AGES AGO! I stamped each square on the Tim Holtz chart, using my Misti, so I would get good coverage! ;) I then covered half of each square & spritzed it with water for that effect, as bjeans suggested! To be honest, I can't really see much difference, except that that area is splotchy. Maybe, it's the paper I'm using?
There are 61 regular Distress ink colors. And you're right, the paper makes a huge difference.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2017, 08:03 AM   #36  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I think the first set of colors is such a great range that I will probably be happy with them alone. That being said, if I see a new color I like, I may buy another one or two. The first set is in Michaels already, but $6.99 each.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2017, 08:05 AM   #37  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Thank you so much!!! I had to laugh at your square solid stamp and rubber, since I have the same thing, but a rectangle!! Great minds....;)
I also like your idea of planning for the future with storage, so smart!!
As far as your swatch with the water, it could be the paper, watercolor paper usually gives me the best results, but also maybe your swatch is too small to see the full effect?

However, after seeing some cards on Instagram, I think to really get the full effect of the Oxides, you have to layer the color by spritzing, drying and adding more color and repeating.
Here is a great card by Laura Bassen that I think captures the Oxides really well.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/273734483583893911/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2017, 08:07 AM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

(Responding to Staceylovespaper)
Organize More will also make a smaller unit if requested. I think 24? They used to offer it as a standard option, and when I couldn't find it, asked and they said no prob making it. They're really nice, aren't they? A small family business.

Love them!! Thanks for the idea, I will remember that!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2017, 10:10 AM   #39  
Hardware Hotshot

O.k., other than water color paper, what kind of paper would you use? I hear EVERYONE talking about Nina Solar all the time for Copics, but what other paper would work for the Oxides? My solid rubber square stamp is, let's see..... 1 1/2" x 1 3/8". I also just used a piece of copy card stock. That is actually what I use, instead of buying special white card stock! It goes A LONG WAY!!! LOL When I FINALLY get my craft room, then I will buy things from Organize More! ;) Sadly, just NO WHERE to put it right now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #40  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put my sponges in the circular holder that Tim H. has....it works great and doesn't take up a lot of space. The oxides I out in a plastic holder that is meant for nail polish...it has several levels...I got it on Amazon. It also works well for re inkers and Nuvo drop bottles. The mini pads I store according to colors in Tim H. tins. It is a real job keeping all the supplies organized and cleaning up after every project!!! Everyone's ideas online are a huge help. Main thing is just not to stress and ENJOY!!!
Reply With Quote Likes