Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-22-2017, 07:37 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT461~May 23, 2017~For Nothing Smells As Sweet As A Rose

Welcome To Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #461

For Nothing Smells As Sweet As A Rose

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The rest of the Story:

1: Have y'all ever wondered how flowers get their smell? Well, I'm going to tell you a big secret that came from a very reliable source. (You know it wasn't myself cuz I wouldn't ever be still long enough to catch them in the act) The smells are deposited there by fairies riding around on dragonflies with special scent spritzers in the wings. Each dragonfly is color coded to the scents that they own and the fairies are given hours and hours of training to get the right scents on the right flowers at the right time as they fly over.

2: Can you see what a disaster this would be if the fairies got mixed up and spritzed rose scent on the daffodils and lilac scent on the daisies? Oh my, that would be a mix up of the first order for sure. But normally this is all carried out in a very regulated manner and the fairies are trained and managed by the head Dragonfly Lady herself and no mistakes are tolerated by that one and you can count on that. So us unsuspecting humans go along innocently smelling the roses and not having a clue about the goings on behind the garden gates.

3: Well, as luck would have it, Bitsy dragonfly's spritzers weren't full sized yet and she couldn't carry a full load of scent so things were adjusted a bit and Bonnie Fairy Girl was being instructed in the color and scent adjustments; pink spot for rose scent, teal spot for lilac scent, and yellow spot for the special generic scent that is able to take on that of the flower next to it in case the supply ran out. Does this sound confusing, well, it is to me too. I'm not sure what is going to happen but I think things could be interesting in the garden tonight.

4: Dotty dragonfly has never liked Bitsy because Dotty had always wanted to carry the lilac scent herself so she has overheard these preparations and is up to her usual mischief. Dotty just happens to be related to Doozy dragonfly who is best friends with Lottie Fairy Girl who happens to be Bonnie Fairy Girl's neighbor, and not an admirer either. So these two are up the their antenae in trouble making plans and it could be an obnoxiously odiferous morning if they have their way.

5: RUTROH!!! TEapotters, we need to get over there right away and help spread the right scents to the right flowers at the right time. How are we going to know the right spot for the right scent for the right flowers at the right time??? Well, Head Dragonfly Lady is working up a chart to make it easier for us.

Challenge Translation:

Lets spread some colorful hope and uplifting thoughts all along our way and not a single dab of gray.

Destination Station:

This week our teaparty bus is headed to CA. If you would like a destination for your card, how about sending it to Betsy. She was brought to our attention by Lela (Serenity_Stamper)

to find out why as well as get the address to mail your card, please visit post 566 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT461 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Here is a quick link to MMTPT461 challenge gallery

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT461~May 23, 2017~For Nothing Smells As Sweet As A Rose-rose-tea-pot-cup.jpg   MMTPT461~May 23, 2017~For Nothing Smells As Sweet As A Rose-98b0c483b0e2df1d5b9290d76b01f261.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 05-22-2017 at 08:11 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2017, 06:00 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 364 Likes on 266 Posts

Here's my card for Betsy...I'll get it in the mail today...

Dragonfly Resist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2017, 09:39 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Dragonfly Gathering

Sending Betsy hope with this card made for her. Thanks, Lela

Dragonfly Gathering by ArtzadoniStudio - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2017, 12:30 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 722 Likes on 549 Posts

Here is my card for Betsy

SC646 roses for Betsy by snietje - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

We do what we can with what we've got !!

Come to the TEA-party every Tuesday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2017, 11:50 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Here's my card for Betsy, choose roses, dragonfly, sentiment.

Dragonfly Wishes by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 03:58 PM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi everyone. I wanted to take a moment to post what a blessing you made in the last days of Betsy's life. (Sadly, she passed Sunday evening.) I brought her your BEAUTIFUL dragonlfy and rose cards - and her husband put a string of cards up in their bedroom for her to look at in her final days. Before we hung them, Betsy and I sat and cherished each detail. She was a stamper, and she appreciated beauty. I ended up not being able to deliver them at her Day of Hope as I had originally thought, but the quiet reflection time together ended up being even sweeter. Her Day of Hope event had 175 attendees, and was quite the fundraiser. There was a line of people standing in line to tell Betsy they loved her. Your beautiful cards contributed to a lovely transition for her and I am forever grateful. (Sadly, my mom is also declining, although perhaps not as quickly.). This is quite the emotional and busy time. Please forgive my delay in expressing my gratitude. Kind regards, Lela
Reply With Quote Likes