Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-04-2017, 03:30 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default AMAZING Dollar Tree Finds

I was at The Dollar Tree today to get a few little Spring/Easter decorations for my office and while i was there, I stopped in the craft aisle. I was blown away by what they are offer now! It's been years since I've looked at their crafts because it was always so lacking and limited. But now... I can't believe I got all of this for $13. I don't know if the Dollar Tree is a store all over, I'm in Chicago. But if you are near one, I would check it out!!!

-6 sheets of different colored glittered self adhesive paper (3 different colors per pack) I love glitter papers for die cutting words and sentiments.
-2 rolls of dimensionals (I bought the rolls of squares but they also have the full strip rolls)
-3 packs of pastel colored pearl bling (They had several colors I did not get... such as reds, blues, greens, etc.)
-3 packs of sequins in shades of different colors
-3 medium size jars w/ that nice display slant. I use these to decorate my craft room - I fill one with ribbons, one with rhinestones, and one with buttons - then tie a ribbon around the neck of the jar and place a cute label on the front.

There was lots I didn't get - they had trays/cases of shaker card glass beads and other shaker card items, 3 rolls of baker's twine per pack in fun colors, their own version of little clear stamp sets like Studio G makes, a much bigger selection of patterned ribbons, plastic cases for embellishments, and quite a bit more.

Just wanted to share my finds! It felt too good to be true!
Attached Thumbnails
AMAZING Dollar Tree Finds-img_7413.jpg   AMAZING Dollar Tree Finds-img_7415.jpg   AMAZING Dollar Tree Finds-img_7416.jpg   AMAZING Dollar Tree Finds-img_7411.jpg   AMAZING Dollar Tree Finds-img_7412.jpg  

AMAZING Dollar Tree Finds-img_7414.jpg  

Last edited by Catherine773; 04-04-2017 at 04:57 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2017, 04:34 PM   #2  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Pretty stuff ... I was at one of our local stores recently but was with hubby (and a bit rushed) so I never even thought to look at crafty stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2017, 05:19 PM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

I'll check mine out Thursday! Great selection of goodies you got!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2017, 06:34 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in Chicago too, and I've never seen this nice a craft selection at the Dollar Tree closest to me (Ashland). I haven't been there in a few months so I'm headed there asap!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2017, 06:59 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The one I go to is on Ashland too! I am in Lincoln Park and the store is at Ashland and Wellington. If yours is a different one and they don't have these craft supplies, definitely check out the one I just mentioned above. The items are in two different aisles - half the stuff is in the school/office supply aisle (mounting tape, glitter adhesive paper, and pearl bling) and the other items I bought and mentioned are in a newer seeming craft section in a different aisle - the same one as candles and photo frames. I hope you find some goodies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2017, 01:55 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

I love the Dollar Tree but haven't seen much in their craft aisle lately. Will have to get back to one of the bigger ones here and check it out. You got some great deals.

My other favorite is Real Deals. Their finds are remarkable! I recently got some nice quality invitation envelopes in white and vanilla; I think they were 50-packs. Score.

Plus you can't beat RD for good quality candy like Ghirardelli Squares, which I use to fill many of my 3D items. You just have to watch the dates. (Hope none of my class members are here to learn my "secret".)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2017, 06:52 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

I saw the sequins at our Dollar Tree but didn't pick them up - looks like a nice little stash you were able to find!

Also - check your Tuesday Mornings stores. I scored Doodlebug 6 x 6 mat stacks for $1.99 (Like these: Doodlebug Design I bought 4 different designs, like Easter, Christmas, etc and they had enamel dots for .49c! It's like a surprise whenever I go, you never know what they will have until you get there.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2017, 08:21 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm off to both the Dollar Tree and Tuesday Morning tomorrow, unless we're snowed in!!

I love these stores, our little mall has these two plus JoAnn's all in a row. My dear Cuz and I make it our Girl's Day Out destination with Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday for lunch first.

I have gotten lots of bling at our Dollar Tree, little dots, tiny rhinestones, glitter paper, 3D stickers and sometimes they have those thin plastic stickers that move when you tilt them, they're nice for kid's birthday cards I made and donate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2017, 09:40 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like getting bargains at the dollar store. Unfortunately, I have found that their foam tape dries out over time and projects will fall apart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2017, 11:24 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Several months ago I got glitter washi tape at my local store... two rolls for a dollar! I figured for that price I will add adhesive to the back if necessary, but it adheres well. The glitter isn't even the chunky stuff that falls off. I love it! I did several cards with it!
Chemo Angel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2017, 11:36 AM   #11  
Cardstock Collector

I think I'm heading to the dollar store after work today now. Hope I can have such good luck too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2017, 07:51 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 23 Likes on 2 Posts

I have also found a couple of designer paper pads (5x8") at my local dollar tree in the paper section. Designs pads include various blue jean material and party designs-polkadot, stripes, chevron in bright colors. Each pad have 2sheets of each style; total of 20 sheets/pad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2017, 06:27 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Dollar General is a lot closer to me than Dollar Tree but I try to drop in at $Tree whenever I can. My friend told me about magnetic bowls (say what?? I had no clue what they were or why I would want one) but they are so cool! I usually take a few fridge magnets (like realtors use, etc) to class with me to keep small framelits from falling off the counter and getting lost but the little metal metallic bowls are amazing indeed! Apparently designed to keep nails, screws, etc. from getting lost or rolling off a table. Very handy and things really do stick to them! They will also hang on tight to a metal surface so don't move easily. I also love that I can store them on the side of my metal filing cabinet so I can usually find them fast.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2017, 09:48 AM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

oh nice ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2017, 06:51 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

I just went to the dollar store 2 weeks ago. Everyone says to buy sticky notes there. well since I write myself so many notes I thought I would try them. SCSer's even said to buy them for using when masking.

So I bought a big cube for 2 bucks. These little suckers don't stick worth anything. I have to use tape to make them stick. What a waste of money. Just going to spend my money and buy post it notes!
Reply With Quote Likes