Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-11-2017, 08:58 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts
Default What is your latest crafty indulgence?

I need to chill out on buying mediums for a while. Since Black Friday I've order: Viva inka gold paints (8 pots), Gelatos (2 sets), Brushos (12 pc set) and Colorbursts (6 pc set). I think I have enough new products to play with for awhile, a long while...
I still haven't used my Daler Rowney acrylic inks sets that I purchased earlier on... If I shared my indulgence with my dear mother I know she would call it a sin and a waste of money... Lol, but it makes me happy and its cheaper than therapy.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2017, 11:58 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just ordered a set of sentiment dies. Then I bought a Xyron package deal with two different sizes of the roll of adhesive. I have an old Xyron "sticker maker" which is pretty tiny, and decided to upgrade so that I can easily adhere those little sentiments when I get the die set.

I've used little dots of Tombow Mono Multi to adhere small things, but it's a tedious and sometimes messy process, so the Xyron will be much easier.

I'm not much of a technique person, so I'm not tempted by all the mediums you mentioned. I tend to use embossing folders or patterned paper for my backgrounds.

It sounds like you really enjoy the process of creating backgrounds, and I know you will have fun with your new stuff!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2017, 12:08 PM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Full set of Infusions from PaperArtsy, Cosmic Shimmer gilding wax (12), Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders (9), 20 sets of stamps from DarkRoom Door, BoBunny, and Holtz, 10 Inca Golds, and a few sets of PearlEx. The rest was all just cardstock, and ephemera + some cool chipboard from ScrapFX... BTW, why is all the good stuff from the UK and AU? LOL - Maybe I'm just missing something, but the really uique cuts and chipboards almost all had to be shipped in. I'm looking for steampunk and fantasy cuts, and it seems there are few options locally. Or I just haven't looked in the right places. lol

Now it's time to put this stuff to good use! Starting from scratch!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2017, 12:58 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Lol, I knew I was in good company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2017, 01:25 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuthereView Post
Full set of Infusions from PaperArtsy, Cosmic Shimmer gilding wax (12), Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders (9), 20 sets of stamps from DarkRoom Door, BoBunny, and Holtz, 10 Inca Golds, and a few sets of PearlEx. The rest was all just cardstock, and ephemera + some cool chipboard from ScrapFX... BTW, why is all the good stuff from the UK and AU? LOL - Maybe I'm just missing something, but the really uique cuts and chipboards almost all had to be shipped in. I'm looking for steampunk and fantasy cuts, and it seems there are few options locally. Or I just haven't looked in the right places. lol

My teen granddaughters love all things Steampunk, and I've found lots of good stuff on Etsy. They have paper, embellishments, etc. Check it out:

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=steampunk%20paper

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

I'm constantly trying to use all the stuff I already have. My not so new passion is stamps, dies, and mixed media. I do have to start using my color and patterned cardstock. I've been saying that for a few years now, I just love taking white cardstock and letting my imagination take over. I get some doozies that end up in the round file bucket, but it's so much fun! I currently keep my dies on magnetic sheets in clear storage sleeves, but have liked the look of StampNStorage Die organization system. I broke down and ordered the StampNStorage magnetic die cards and boxes, 2 large, pampered myself . I don't mind cutting chipboard and adhering magnetic sheets for a few, but cringed at the thought of starting from scratch. Hope it'll be worth the money!
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2017, 05:07 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 971 Likes on 471 Posts

My latest indulgence was actually in allowing myself to get rid of a lot of things, which can be hard to do when you remember how much you paid and see that many of them were hardly used

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2017, 03:22 AM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 585 Likes on 240 Posts

My latest indulgence is time. I reorganized my craft room, starting with a huge project to purge then store embellishments. Now I have a good space to craft a lot more, planning on mega-scrapping during 2017.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2017, 07:23 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I refused to spend money on my crafting addiction the whole month of December. I was a good girl. I usually buy myself a Christmas present (I have for years)...even wrap it and open it like it is a surprise. Yesterday I bought the collection of Heartfelt Wildwood Cottage. This is a lot of money to me to spend on paper and stamps and dies. Did I mention that I was a good girl the whole of December. Pssst my birthday is in April and I always buy me a birthday present too. There just might be a Todo in my future.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2017, 07:28 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuthereView Post

Steampunk style has always been my favorite. I have bought Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante 2 times.

My steampunk birdhouse:
Steamy Steampunk birdhouse by southgirl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2017, 10:31 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lots of new dies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2017, 12:40 AM   #12  
Embossing Fanatic

Inktense pencils-- love them and need lots more practice!! They will not replace my copics but are a really nice option for traveling! I miss using my copics when I travel- pencils are easier to throw in my purse!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2017, 10:15 AM   #13  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Yupo paper (to use with alcohol inks my BFF gifted me ... lots of colirs added to me collection). Some stamps and papers. Planning to ordef thd Dragonfly Dreams bundle but car repairs mean that has to wait for the next billing cycle. Luckily, I am getting some extra hours at work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 499 Likes on 221 Posts

Some Spectrum Noir pens. I had 5 50% off coupons (then used the online ones again) at Joann's and even though their price is super-inflated, the half-price is below the best price I found online for the six-packs.

The cashier today remembered me from yesterday. :oops: She said, "Back for more, eh!" and "Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!" We had a laugh.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2017, 05:49 AM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Inktense blocks because of you on another thread, Bohodiva! : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2017, 08:09 AM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Inktense blocks because of you on another thread, Bohodiva! : )
Have fun working with them!
I've taken shaving of a color, mixed with water in a mister bottle and added a few dashes of colorburst or brushos to the mix to created intense watercolor sprays...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2017, 08:31 AM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
Have fun working with them!
I've taken shaving of a color, mixed with water in a mister bottle and added a few dashes of colorburst or brushos to the mix to created intense watercolor sprays...
!!! What a terrific idea, but did you forget the tabasco? I have Colorbursts so just may copy you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #18  
Cardstock Collector

My latest indulgences were a number of alcohol inks, 3 sizzix thinlit die sets [on sale], some fabric and ice resin for coating alcohol ink projects !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2017, 04:48 PM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

My latest indulgence is purging and multiple trips to Goodwill. Also, using what I have. I have a lot of stuff untouched. Time to touch it in 2017! Also, skipping any classes or Make and Takes where I feel compelled to buy something. Google and Pinterest have tons of ideas! Free! No purchase necessary!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2017, 12:19 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

LED lights for cards. Can't get enough of using them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2017, 10:34 AM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

Love it mitch1!!!! I made a Shadow Box card and think I may add the lights to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2017, 02:50 PM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chocolate Baroque stamps from the U.K. are my latest indulgence. I've been following both their challenge and design team blogs for awhile loving what they do but not being able to buy the stamps here. Then a few months ago Fran (Frantic Stamper) started carrying them, and I indulged! I also really like Darkroom Door stamps from Australia and what their great design team does. I recently bought more of their stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2017, 09:26 AM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Hero Arts mini dye inks seem to be my latest passion, loving all the colours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

I didn't really indulge myself with expensive items, but months ago I was telling my husband how I would love to have an air brush system to use with markers and paints.

For Christmas, my dear husband bought me a Craftwell Ebrush Air Brush system, and it included the air brush, lots of adapters for different markers, and a siphon kit for paints! I was shocked because this was the one I wanted and he usually doesn't remember anything I've talked about during the year if it's not on my "wish list!"

I can't wait to play with it! I'm usually super organized with my cardmaking and have cards made well in advance (we have 14 grandkids!), but with our out-of-state move last year and all the stuff we've done to our new home, I don't even have valentine cards done yet! I'm actually loving the 3 feet of snow on the ground and realizing until spring, I can't even find my gardens, haha, so I stay inside and play!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #25  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sew It SeamsView Post
I didn't really indulge myself with expensive items, but months ago I was telling my husband how I would love to have an air brush system to use with markers and paints.

For Christmas, my dear husband bought me a Craftwell Ebrush Air Brush system, and it included the air brush, lots of adapters for different markers, and a siphon kit for paints! I was shocked because this was the one I wanted and he usually doesn't remember anything I've talked about during the year if it's not on my "wish list!"

I can't wait to play with it! I'm usually super organized with my cardmaking and have cards made well in advance (we have 14 grandkids!), but with our out-of-state move last year and all the stuff we've done to our new home, I don't even have valentine cards done yet! I'm actually loving the 3 feet of snow on the ground and realizing until spring, I can't even find my gardens, haha, so I stay inside and play!
Have fun with your new toy. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2017, 04:22 PM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i spent the whole month of december home sick with pneumonia, broken ribs from coughing to sick too go down stairs and craft. but i could order online. i ordered $120 worth of colored pencils and adult coloring stuff. i do not know who ever thought coloring in all those tiny spaces with old eyes is relaxing and therapeutic. my anxiety level soars. soon i will be able to get back to my craft room and am hoping to add detail to my watercoloring stamps with these pencils. lots and lots of details since i have lots and lots of pencils.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2017, 04:44 PM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

Lori, I hear you. Coloring isn't really fun for me, either - except for some technique-driven coloring. One so neat example by Bahb:
DotSpot by Bahb - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I just purchased pencil grippers to make Prismacolor pencils more comfortable to hold. I've had a ton of pencils for years from some workshops I had to take, and haven't touched them for crafting.

I've done the coughing/cracked rib/hospital thing and it's not the most fun you can have.
I hope you feel better every day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2017, 12:04 AM   #28  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch1View Post
LED lights for cards. Can't get enough of using them.
I haven't tried that. Do you use the stickers, chibitronics I think they are called, or just get flat leds from an electronics shop?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2017, 01:30 AM   #29  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by lori92760View Post
i spent the whole month of december home sick with pneumonia, broken ribs from coughing to sick too go down stairs and craft. but i could order online. i ordered $120 worth of colored pencils and adult coloring stuff. i do not know who ever thought coloring in all those tiny spaces with old eyes is relaxing and therapeutic. my anxiety level soars. soon i will be able to get back to my craft room and am hoping to add detail to my watercoloring stamps with these pencils. lots and lots of details since i have lots and lots of pencils.
For Christmas I was given a page a day coloring calendar......lots of small little spaces....so.....I take a page I like put it on my Brother Printer/scanner/photocopier and enlarge it about 130%.....then I put my Neenah White in for the paper and I print away, then relax and color with my copics. Maybe that is an option for you??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2017, 01:35 AM   #30  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have bought a lot.....but in my defense .....my mother asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told her lots of little stamping things so she said come over and we will put and order in so ...today arriving in the mail is
3 Lawn Fawn Ink Pads
1 Hero Arts Birthday set and matching die
2 MFT Christmas Stamp sets and matching dies
1 pack coordinations choclate centered cardstock
1 pack lawn Fawn cardstock
2 Penny Black 6x6 pads
1 Penny Black Stamp set
And a Lilac Lane Lavendar embellishment set
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2017, 02:14 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Getting rid of

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_beachbumView Post
My latest indulgence was actually in allowing myself to get rid of a lot of things, which can be hard to do when you remember how much you paid and see that many of them were hardly used
There are boatloads of things I haven't used and I HAVE to get rid of some.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2017, 02:17 AM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

I would love that collection. The Wildwood, can't justify it right now. I have the one with the vinyards. My biggest indulgence was with my left over tax money last year the Brother Scan and Cut. Saves on die money.

Last edited by eboyd; 01-18-2017 at 02:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2017, 06:43 AM   #33  
Insane Embellisher

i really wanted to do cards with the coloring pages. I have no use to color 8 x 10s. Just not my thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2017, 06:47 AM   #34  
Matboard Maniac

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Mine would have to be colored pencils...I've had the 120 set of Prisma color pencils for several years, but hadn't used them a lot. Then I found out there were 30 more colors! So, I bought them and started in on the coloring fad. Then I decided I needed even more pencils. Sigh...where does it end?...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2017, 07:24 AM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

With coloring books I scan the image and reduce it if I want to use it on a card. I have a bunch of pencils, filled in the derwent water color pencils from Dick Blick and then got the Spectrum Noir ones, and I have 72 prisma color and it goes on and on. Inktense also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2017, 07:41 AM   #36  
Insane Embellisher

i have inktense ( blocks and pencils) derwent, and faber castell polychromos. and no time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2017, 08:11 AM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Good riddance for Good Deed

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_beachbumView Post
It may be a lot easier to purge, if your purge is donated to a school or church or library or day care or community center to use in their craft activities. In the San Francisco/ San Mateo areas, for example they have two great organizations: SCRAP and RAFT where businesses and individuals can donate materials and/or $. Start this idea in your community/school/etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2017, 08:33 AM   #38  
Insane Embellisher

i have a sister who is starting stamping and i have been giving her things. all papers go to the church for the senior center or the kids ministry. sometimes goodwill, because how cool would it be to happen upon a few craft supplies for a quarter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2017, 08:40 AM   #39  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by macroartistView Post
It may be a lot easier to purge, if your purge is donated to a school or church or library or day care or community center to use in their craft activities. In the San Francisco/ San Mateo areas, for example they have two great organizations: SCRAP and RAFT where businesses and individuals can donate materials and/or $. Start this idea in your community/school/etc.
I often donate to a very nice non-profit thrift store that donates proceeds to an animal medical center and shelters. We donate all of our unwanted household items to them. So checking out non-profit thrift stores to see if they support a cause one cares about is another idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2017, 09:07 AM   #40  
Glitter Queen

Smile I need to 'shop' at home!

Since Christmas: a Vagabond, a Scan N Cut, and a whopper trip to Scrap Shack in Louisville,CO! Still haven't touched my 35+ new glitter pots from Cottonwod, AZ this past summer. BUT I have been reorganizing my craft room and it is now ready for action!
Reply With Quote Likes