Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-26-2017, 06:37 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mariangeles_spain
Question Ideas for a mini album on the go for a family vacation :)

Hi there!

Next July, my family and I are going on a road trip for about a week. We will be my parents, my brother, my sister & Pablo (6yo) and Ana (20mo) & me.

I haven't scrapbooked since Ana was born, but I'm slowly going back to my scraproom

I'd like to take with me a small bag with a few supplies to document our trip, wether I'm able to have the pictures printed during those days or later on the month. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I'm thinking about a Snap 6"x8" binder from Simple Stories + some extra pocket pages + a 6x6 Summer paper pad
And then the basics: scissors, a couple of different adhesives, a ruler, a couple of markers, a small stapler,...

I'D LOVE TO READ YOUR IDEAS!

By the way, any favorite Summer collection? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2017, 02:54 PM   #2  
Glitter Queen

Heart

I've finally decided to use a 6x8 Simple Stories Snap binder and either I'll buy a 6x6 Summer paper pad or make a kit out of my stash

Any suggestions for a Summer favorite collection? Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2017, 04:17 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 934 Likes on 855 Posts

I'm not sure what is available in Spain but here we have plastic 12 x 12 storage boxes found at Michaels called Iris boxes like this: http://https://www.michaels.com/-iri.../10373070.html I know the internet says they have them in the UK but not sure about spain. Anyway this would be a perfect item to put your little goodies in to keep them safe and wrinkle free as you travel. I use them all the time. Just take bare minimum. In fact I would probably just bring the binder, pocket pages, some journaling paper and a pen. You are only going to be gone a week and you'll probably find you are way to busy for actual work. Just journal your photos and concentrate on your road trip fun instead. This way when your ready to actually do an album at least you will have info all ready for you. Enjoy your trip!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2017, 07:09 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I agree with Susan since whenever I bring supplies I rarely get a chance to actually use them. Definitely journal though. Even though I always think I'll remember all the details, I always forget. LOL Also, another tip - take photos of your meals too especially when the dishes are something different for specific for the location. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2017, 08:49 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Oooooo doorknocker3....I like the idea of taking pics of the food....I never even think of that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2017, 01:09 PM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We took a family vacation to the beach a few years ago. I took a small 6x6 album and a beach themed paper set with lots of stickers and cut outs. It all fit into the iris box mentioned earlier along with glue, scissors, and pens. Each person was responsible to decorate or journal a single page of the album. Sometimes it was just ticket stubs and a date but most got into decorating their page with what they enjoyed. Even the men took part! We would be sitting around talking and someone would ask for the Iris box to add something to their page or to start their page. It was a favorite part of the week and a great memory album as well. Pictures were added later on additional pages. We helped the younger children as needed and they really added lots of embellishments to their page (or two)! Great fun for the entire family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2017, 12:09 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOBBYSUEView Post
I'm not sure what is available in Spain but here we have plastic 12 x 12 storage boxes found at Michaels called Iris boxes ... Just take bare minimum. In fact I would probably just bring the binder, pocket pages, some journaling paper and a pen. You are only going to be gone a week and you'll probably find you are way to busy for actual work. Just journal your photos and concentrate on your road trip fun instead. This way when your ready to actually do an album at least you will have info all ready for you. Enjoy your trip!
I have one of those but was thinking about something smaller to take just the binder, some essentials and some paper

Thanks for the ideas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2017, 12:11 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by doorknocker3View Post
I agree with Susan since whenever I bring supplies I rarely get a chance to actually use them. Definitely journal though. Even though I always think I'll remember all the details, I always forget. LOL ...
Thanks! I'll journal a lot for sure, my mom is so funny to travel with hahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by doorknocker3View Post
... Also, another tip - take photos of your meals too especially when the dishes are something different for specific for the location. Have fun!
Great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2017, 12:14 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetkaranView Post
We took a family vacation to the beach a few years ago. I took a small 6x6 album and a beach themed paper set with lots of stickers and cut outs. It all fit into the iris box mentioned earlier along with glue, scissors, and pens. Each person was responsible to decorate or journal a single page of the album. Sometimes it was just ticket stubs and a date but most got into decorating their page with what they enjoyed. Even the men took part! We would be sitting around talking and someone would ask for the Iris box to add something to their page or to start their page. It was a favorite part of the week and a great memory album as well. Pictures were added later on additional pages. We helped the younger children as needed and they really added lots of embellishments to their page (or two)! Great fun for the entire family.
WOW!That is such a GREAT idea! But my family is not crafty at all... They love what I do but have never been willing to take part on ithahahaTHANKS anyway
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2017, 05:12 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetkaranView Post

Wow what a great idea. I might try this at our summer place when the family come for our annual 4th of july celebration. Thanks for the idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2017, 03:30 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariangeles_spainView Post
I've finally decided to use a 6x8 Simple Stories Snap binder and either I'll buy a 6x6 Summer paper pad or make a kit out of my stash

Any suggestions for a Summer favorite collection? Thanks
I would take a journal and write special activities or information on a picture you have taken. Have family add to the journal and when you get home put this into your 6 x 8 book. Perhaps take envelopes for each day (labeled) to put admission tickets or other items in to add to the book. Working on the book should go faster and I have found when I travel I do not have time to craft.
Reply With Quote Likes