Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-11-2017, 08:07 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,163 Likes on 497 Posts
Default Question How do start a wish listed If don't anything stamps companies

Hello Everyone,

I have a question you all? How do start a wish listed If don't anything stamps companies? but you if stamp set and etc. that you like any tips on this topics? I started wish listed before but, new about company and etc. But, the more look I find stamps and stuffed I like companies. But if the stuffed is retired or etc? I would you make wish listed and etc. If you don't know anything about the companies And help tips on this subject? Thanks Linda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2017, 06:20 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some companies let you make a wish list right on their website, and some don't.

You might have to just make your own wish list on paper or on the computer to remind yourself what you want to buy when you have the money.

What is your reason for wanting one? To list things you want to buy, or to be able to let other people know what you want as presents?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2017, 08:30 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As Rachelrose said, I would start by making a wish list on any company sites that you like their stamps if they give you that option.

If you are finding things you like by seeing finished cards in the gallery, or on blog posts or YouTube videos; then I would write them down on a piece of paper to research later.

For instance, if I watch a Jennifer McGuire video on YouTube and I really like the stamp set or ink she used I make a note of it. She always provides links for what she uses but that might not be the best price. So I will look around on the internet to see who sells the ink I want to try and find the best price. If it is a stamp set, looking around to see where it is for sale will also help you figure out if it is a retired set or not. If I can't find it for sale anywhere but on Ebay, then it might be retired and hard to get.

I am old fashioned and keep a paper wish list in my craft area. It has stuff from lots of different companies. I might want a stamp set from WPlus9 and new Stampin'Up ink pads and some dies from My Favorite Things. Having a paper list in my hand makes it easier to remember what I wanted to buy when I end up having a little money to spend for craft supplies. I can go back to the list months later then look around at my local stores for what I want and if I can't find it I will go to the internet and just Google what I am looking for to see if someone has it on sale by now.

There have been times when I have wanted so many new items from Tim Holtz that I kept a separate Tim Holtz wish list, but that's up to you.
Hope this helped!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

yes Ladies thanks for help..... I am overwhelm new things from companies I like but know about them. So hard me make listed. When I don't anything a the company. I wanted listed for several reasons, B-day Christmas People Donation stuffed for used in ministry. I would like a wish listed. So people see if they have those things too offer. I wanted to say every time. Do you blank to offer. But, not sure how do this and the listed. I wanted to make has well? Any thought on this? Thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Do you use Excel? If so, you could label columns so you can sort by any of the fields.
Example of column labels are:
Stamp company
Stamp Name
Price
Image description (Flowers, trees, people, elves, bunny, sentiment, etc.) so you know what the picture is
Holiday (Christmas, Easter, Birthday, Sympathy, General, etc.)
Type (Die, Stamp, embossing folder)
Matching item name (if die and stamp set are sold separately)
Rating: on a scale of 1 to 10, how bad you want the item.
Retired: yes or no

Good luck.

Last edited by campbell96; 04-12-2017 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: Organizing thread
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

You can create a Wish List via Amazon. Just Google Amazon Wish List- it will take you to Amazon & the link to download the wishlist button. The great thing about this, is that you can add any product, from ANY SITE ON THE INTERNET, to your Amazon wish list. Not just stuff from Amazon. All you do when you see a product you like is to click on the Amazon Wishlist button that you will now have in your toolbar, and a box pops up with the item in. Then you can add info like quantity, size, colour and so on. You can then share the link to your wish list with people, so they know the things you want. Once someone buys a thing, it is automatically removed from the list, so no-one else buys it. Me & my Hubby and my Children have been using it for a few years now, it really is incredibly useful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2017, 12:53 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Just a quick recap, apparently they've changed the name to Amazon Assistant, but it still works exactly the same way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2017, 12:54 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

How do I setup Rating Part in excel 2010 Home and student version I never done this before?

Quote:

Originally Posted by campbell96View Post
Do you use Excel? If so, you could label columns so you can sort by any of the fields.
Example of column labels are:
Stamp company
Stamp Name
Price
Image description (Flowers, trees, people, elves, bunny, sentiment, etc.) so you know what the picture is
Holiday (Christmas, Easter, Birthday, Sympathy, General, etc.)
Type (Die, Stamp, embossing folder)
Matching item name (if die and stamp set are sold separately)
Rating: on a scale of 1 to 10, how bad you want the item.
Retired: yes or no

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2017, 02:52 PM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
You can create a Wish List via Amazon. Just Google Amazon Wish List- it will take you to Amazon & the link to download the wishlist button. The great thing about this, is that you can add any product, from ANY SITE ON THE INTERNET, to your Amazon wish list. Not just stuff from Amazon. All you do when you see a product you like is to click on the Amazon Wishlist button that you will now have in your toolbar, and a box pops up with the item in. Then you can add info like quantity, size, colour and so on. You can then share the link to your wish list with people, so they know the things you want. Once someone buys a thing, it is automatically removed from the list, so no-one else buys it. Me & my Hubby and my Children have been using it for a few years now, it really is incredibly useful.
Well, I'll be!!! How did I not know this?! I'm on Amazon all day long!

Thanks for this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Linda, what kind of information do you think you need about companies in order to start a wishlist? When I make a wishlist I often just right click and copy an image of what I want, then post it in a word document. Sometimes I will type more details if I think I will need them, or I copy a link.

Retired items can still go on your wishlist; you might just have to look for them at places like eBay or something. If you're concerned about retired status for making a wishlist to post here, that is only a concern for SU items, because current items can't be sold. But that doesn't apply to orher companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2017, 04:00 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I use Pinterest for wishlists. Sometimes, Simon Says Stamp will send you a $5.00 (maybe even $10, don't remember right now) gift card if you e-mail them a link to your specific Simon Board when they ask for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2017, 04:38 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 971 Likes on 471 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
Just a quick recap, apparently they've changed the name to Amazon Assistant, but it still works exactly the same way.
Wow - what a great tool! My nephew and his wife are expecting a baby. This would be an awesome way to register for gifts.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2017, 02:07 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Glad to be helping, ladies. It really is a great idea- especially for kids/grandkids, as it's so hard to keep track of what they already have, or what they are into right now. The baby shower idea is brilliant, Adriana. Would be great for Wedding gift lists too. Been so useful, especially as these days almost all my Birthday/Christmas gifts are online purchases. I love how Amazon haven't restricted it to just their site- very clever of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2017, 05:06 PM   #14  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep a little notebook on my desk. If I see something on a card that I like, I jot it down in my notebook. I probably might not have put it on my list originally if I was not familiar with it; but, because I saw it and like it, on the list it goes.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2017, 04:35 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,120 Likes on 503 Posts

I have a Pinterest board called Stamps I Need. The Amazon wish list button is a great tip too!
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2017, 03:18 AM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I too keep a small notebook on my desk to jot down items I like, tips on products and techniques, websites to check out, information on the latest trends. When I have time or money to spend, I check my notebook first. This prevents me from purchasing things on impulse (I just have to have it!) and allows me to search for best pricing later on. When I have purchased it, I put a red check mark next to it; avoids duplication. I also keep "how to" videos on my Pinterest board for future reference and note that in my notebook when techniques are listed. The notebook is small enough for me to take to events, conferences, or shopping. Works great for me.

Eloise

Last edited by ejluyk; 04-19-2017 at 03:19 AM.. Reason: Spelling, typing error
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2017, 04:50 AM   #17  
Glitter Queen

I use Pinterest and I actually have a board named, "Wish List". You can add the Pinterest icon to your web search bar too - that way, even if an online website does not offer pinning, you still can. The nice thing about using Pinterest, I send the link to my wish list board to my husband and other relatives right before my birthday or Christmas- it's been great for my husband. He can purchase gifts for me right from clicking on the pinned items in my board, instead of trying to figure out what I want or going to the local craft store. I put a lot of wanted crafting supplies there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2017, 05:30 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm old school & just keep a list on my desk to the different companies I like to shop from. I need to "re-write" the pages though, as they are quite messy at this point! LOL I do forget to check them sometimes. But, it is usually because something else has REALLY caught my eye! LOL ;) I even have wish lists on the company web sites & forget those too! If it isn't IN THE CART, I forget it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2017, 03:49 PM   #19  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

This is long and I apologize up front. But people know I am a card carrying, flag waiving believer in wishlists.

That is very clever to have a system linked so people can just go to the website Shaz! No one does that for me. I am lucky jost to get a general Visa GC I can use anywhere. I am sure I have disappointed people who thought I needed some new item of clothing and instead a stack of glitter shows up. LOL

I live and breathe by my wishlist. Seriously. Impulse buying still happens sometimes, but the list really is helping me stay focused. I also cut down the emails to only companies on the list and a couple of gen suppliers so I dont get tempted. I reward myself by adding a couple more blog sites to look at instead.

I am going to say this because it was my experience, but others may not have this problem

I stopped keeping wishlists at company sites for the simple reason that I was duplicating too often.

I could have it saved at a mfg, and then again at one (or more) gen suppliers and in theory whoever had a great sale first would be where I got it.

Except.
I didnt remember everywhere else it was listed and then 2-6-10 months down the road I ordered it again. Even with my index because hey...if it is in the list, it is vetted right? (and that is how my index and computer inventory lists came into being)

So I changed it up. I do it in excel, by mfg, period. If a gen supplier is having a sale, I will just go down the list of the alpha mfgs-sounds hard but very often they could carry 30 companies but I only want something from one of them. (that happens a lot and yes it is frustrating) I do NOT torture myself by looking at other companies at that time. 1-2 stamps may not justify the shipping cost. So I keep waiting.

I put stamps, dies, stencils and Efs in here.

My columns
Company-that is actually a cell with BG color just so scrolling is easier
Stamp name (I often will write out a sentiment or description if not self evident...like PB can name flowers "thoughtful")
Code ID-this matters. I have saved myself duplicating often. The same item could look very like another one (how many Poppy stamps does PB have?)
PricePrice B-if it is at gen suppliers, I might say 6/AZ, 6.50/123, etc
Size-this is actually just to force me to check that b/c too often I get something smaller than I wanted-blow ups can really distort the size of something for me even on a card. I have a postcard gridded with 1/2 and 1 inch so I can tell right away how much it will cover on a card face.

Link In the last column I often paste the link to the item or the card in SCS so I can see it and tell in 6 months if I still really want it. I avoid "what was that again?" or "why did I want this?"

Every few months I run through the list, dumping things I no longer want. It is pretty fast-I will remember most of it without the link so I can cull the herd quickly. I dump constantly-either entirely or trading off.

I never have an empty list. :rolleyes:

That is sheet(page) one.
I then have one for DP
and another one for general tools and what Poppydarling calls consumables- like adhesives, WC paper, inks, tools, etc that I saw somewhere or a friend sent me to try out, etc. that I want. I will make a note where I saw it, and have the link if possible.

So I have three sheets in the one excel document. Sounds way more complicated than it is. If I wasnt changing my mind constantly I would probably do it on a pad of paper myself.

I understand being overwhelmed. There are a million million products out there! There could 300 different tree dies. Keeping a list helps me to decide which one I like the best. I also tend to wait for sales. The list teaches you which companies have sales, which dont, whose sales are small and who has nice ones. Sometimes waiting means I miss it and have to look on amazon or ebay. Sometimes I get lucky and it goes into clearance.

Also if you are so inclined, you save enough for free ship.

Last thing...having it away from the site helps me resist what I dont truly love. Again, for me, if I am looking at it in that setting which is geared to sell, and is bright, shiny and pretty...I can succumb more.

Hope that made sense and you can pick out parts that will be useful for you.

ETS: dont feel compelled to have 1-2 words in a cell. You write as much as you need to in order to remember the item.

Last edited by wavejumper; 04-20-2017 at 03:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2017, 04:51 PM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
This is long and I apologize up front. But people know I am a card carrying, flag waiving believer in wishlists.

That is very clever to have a system linked so people can just go to the website Shaz! No one does that for me. I am lucky jost to get a general Visa GC I can use anywhere. I am sure I have disappointed people who thought I needed some new item of clothing and instead a stack of glitter shows up. LOL

I live and breathe by my wishlist. Seriously. Impulse buying still happens sometimes, but the list really is helping me stay focused. I also cut down the emails to only companies on the list and a couple of gen suppliers so I dont get tempted. I reward myself by adding a couple more blog sites to look at instead.

I am going to say this because it was my experience, but others may not have this problem

I stopped keeping wishlists at company sites for the simple reason that I was duplicating too often.

I could have it saved at a mfg, and then again at one (or more) gen suppliers and in theory whoever had a great sale first would be where I got it.

Except.
I didnt remember everywhere else it was listed and then 2-6-10 months down the road I ordered it again. Even with my index because hey...if it is in the list, it is vetted right? (and that is how my index and computer inventory lists came into being)

So I changed it up. I do it in excel, by mfg, period. If a gen supplier is having a sale, I will just go down the list of the alpha mfgs-sounds hard but very often they could carry 30 companies but I only want something from one of them. (that happens a lot and yes it is frustrating) I do NOT torture myself by looking at other companies at that time. 1-2 stamps may not justify the shipping cost. So I keep waiting.

I put stamps, dies, stencils and Efs in here.

My columns
Company-that is actually a cell with BG color just so scrolling is easier
Stamp name (I often will write out a sentiment or description if not self evident...like PB can name flowers "thoughtful")
Code ID-this matters. I have saved myself duplicating often. The same item could look very like another one (how many Poppy stamps does PB have?)
PricePrice B-if it is at gen suppliers, I might say 6/AZ, 6.50/123, etc
Size-this is actually just to force me to check that b/c too often I get something smaller than I wanted-blow ups can really distort the size of something for me even on a card. I have a postcard gridded with 1/2 and 1 inch so I can tell right away how much it will cover on a card face.

Link In the last column I often paste the link to the item or the card in SCS so I can see it and tell in 6 months if I still really want it. I avoid "what was that again?" or "why did I want this?"

Every few months I run through the list, dumping things I no longer want. It is pretty fast-I will remember most of it without the link so I can cull the herd quickly. I dump constantly-either entirely or trading off.

I never have an empty list. :rolleyes:

That is sheet(page) one.
I then have one for DP
and another one for general tools and what Poppydarling calls consumables- like adhesives, WC paper, inks, tools, etc that I saw somewhere or a friend sent me to try out, etc. that I want. I will make a note where I saw it, and have the link if possible.

So I have three sheets in the one excel document. Sounds way more complicated than it is. If I wasnt changing my mind constantly I would probably do it on a pad of paper myself.

I understand being overwhelmed. There are a million million products out there! There could 300 different tree dies. Keeping a list helps me to decide which one I like the best. I also tend to wait for sales. The list teaches you which companies have sales, which dont, whose sales are small and who has nice ones. Sometimes waiting means I miss it and have to look on amazon or ebay. Sometimes I get lucky and it goes into clearance.

Also if you are so inclined, you save enough for free ship.

Last thing...having it away from the site helps me resist what I dont truly love. Again, for me, if I am looking at it in that setting which is geared to sell, and is bright, shiny and pretty...I can succumb more.

Hope that made sense and you can pick out parts that will be useful for you.

ETS: dont feel compelled to have 1-2 words in a cell. You write as much as you need to in order to remember the item.
I LOOOOOVE THIS ORGANIZATION! I WISH I were! LOL My mother was organized like this! I understood a lot of what you said, & at other times, because I am not good with the computer, it went right over my head! LOL BUT, I TOTALLY GET what you're saying! I TRY to wait too, till the impulse has passed on buying things quickly & I too, have missed things. But, I do let myself buy quickly every so often. Like recently, my husband, who handles the finances told me I could spend so much..... I IMMEDIATELY ordered some new items. Thank goodness, it happened at just the right time, when there were specific new things that had just come out that appealed to me. I totally forgot about my lists & ordered! LOL Regardless of not using my lists, I am quite HAPPY with my purchases! I DID remember some of the items on my lists, so that made me feel I was on top of things! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2017, 01:11 AM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

Great post, wavejumper! I too try generally not to jump onto bandwagons- made that mistake a couple of times- yes, Staz-On Opaques and Versamark Dazzle pads, I'm looking at you!
After all, the manufacturers are out to convince you their product is the best thing since sliced bread, and as necessary as oxygen! Now I try and wait to see what REAL crafters think of something first, then I know I'm getting an honest review.
The Amazon thing works so well for us, and my Son & DIL, because we all do the majority of our gift buying online, and if I can't remember what I have, no one else has a chance, lol.
Thank goodness for Evernote/One Note!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2017, 03:53 AM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Thanks TLady and Shaz

One could certainly do it by hand if you can live with a lot of line throughs. I will say this...it can be a little time consuming. For me it is worth it.

And what I do has almost everytime been born of necessity. My memory just isnt what it once was, and I will not always remember what I have-but I will know I like something. (which is good when I already have it LOLOL) Thus do I have a lot of lists of what I have. Then it is easy to just pop in a new one here or there.

After all, the manufacturers are out to convince you their product is the best thing since sliced bread, and as necessary as oxygen! Now I try and wait to see what REAL crafters think of something first, then I know I'm getting an honest review. (Shaz)

This is totally true for me too! I absolutely sit here, wait, and watch what smarter more experienced people than me think about a thing-esp if it is a little pricey. Or I ask if it isnt.

I really appreciate that people here can say they dont like a thing w/o condemning it and tell me WHY. Just a bunch of "I dont like its" would have me sit back in my chair but leave me really wanting to know why.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2017, 04:48 AM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
Well, I'll be!!! How did I not know this?! I'm on Amazon all day long!

Thanks for this!
It's a browser extension you download. It doesn't work for all browsers, such as Safari. Here's the page with the download menu:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/BIT/ref=bi...xperience=true

If there's another way to set it up, I'm not familiar with it.
Reply With Quote Likes