Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2017, 01:00 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts
Talking April Fool's VSN Master Thread

Look for all the challenges here listed in order.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 565 Likes on 452 Posts
Default April Fool's VSN Master Thread

Challenge Title: Funny FriendsHostess: Misti (Scraperwannbe)
Keyword: APRVSN17A
Date: Friday March 31 5pm EST

Hey stampers!!! Ready to kick this thing off!!! :lol: :lol:

I think everyone needs a friend that you can be yourself, let your hair down... that friend who will answer the phone in the middle of the night without complaint, who will drop everything for you & has been with you through thick & think (even if it's when your body was thin & now it's a bit thicker!!! ;) ) My challenge for you is to create a project that you could send to THAT friend that is a punny, snarky, humorous card. No one else might appreciate it, but THAT friend will! :razz:

View the gallery for this challenge: HERE
View the April Fool's Gallery:HERE
View the April Fool's Challenge Thread: HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Sunday, April 9.
2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge, unless otherwise noted.....you do not have to count prep time!
3. We have a special gallery for the April Fool's VSN.
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose April Fool's - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg APRVSN17Amjo.JPG (136.6 KB, 18 views)
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Challenge Title: Color Crazy
Hostess: Katlyn
Keyword: APRVSN17B
Date: Friday, March 31 (6 PM EST)

Time for another challenge!

My family's mini schnauzer was, so far as we know, born on April Fools' Day. Let's just say she is quite a character - sometimes she's just crazy! From sitting on the arm of the couch like a cat, to stamping her feet for attention, she keeps life interesting. So in honor of her April Fools Day birthday, we're borrowing the colors from her collar for a color challenge!

Your challenge is to use the colors pink and brown (neutrals are, of course, allowed!) to make your card! Extra virtual brownie points if there is a dog somewhere on your card!

2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge, unless otherwise noted.....you do not have to count prep time!
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose April Fool's - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1350.jpg (34.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1511.JPG (107.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1510.JPG (120.6 KB, 9 views)
Click HERE for more information!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 105 Likes on 66 Posts
Default APRVSN17C ~ March 31 - 7 pm ET ~ Pity The Fool ~ javagirl984

Challenge Title: Pity The Fool
Hostess: javagirl984 (Melissa)
Keyword: APRVSN17C
Date:Friday March 31st, 7:00 PM

When I think of "fools", I think of Mr. T and his famous phrase, "I pity the fool!". He had a unique style with his iconic Mohawk and lots of gold jewelry.

My challenge for you is to make a project that includes both stripes and gold.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MyChallengeCard.jpg (79.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg APRVSN17C_annsforte3_Peaceful_Joyous_Bling_by_annsforte3.jpg (101.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg APRVSN17C_Boy_by_berlycece.jpg (26.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2217_by_cnsteele.jpg (34.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Striped_Butterfly_by_CraftyMerla.jpg (60.6 KB, 10 views)

My Gallery| My My Blog

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,974 Likes on 1,491 Posts
Default APRVSN17D ~ Friday March 31 - 8 PM ~ Masking Fools ~ smadson

Challenge: Masking Fools
Hostess: smadson (Sharon)
Keyword: APRVSN17D
Date: Friday March 31st, 8:00 PM

Welcome to our Spring Virtual StampNight! (VSN) Our theme is April Fools, and that made me think of an April Fool jokes that I was part of in the past. When I worked we played a great one on our boss. We covered the bosses office with Post It notes! Quite a surprise for the boss on April Fools Day! It was funny, and fun, too. Luckily our boss had a good sense of humor!

So, remembering that is how I came up with this technique challenge! Masking, (with Post it notes). Masking is a great way to create a scene on your card. Basically, you stamp your image on your CS, then stamp it again on a Post It note or scrap of paper, or a special paper that will stick or not move. You fussy cut the image and put it over or �mask� your stamped image on your CS. Then you can stamp other things over that and they will look like they are in back of the first image. This is one of the first techniques I ever learned.

Here is a tutorial right here on SCS:Masking: Basic

Here is another tutorial: Die CutMasking

There are several different kinds of masking in resources and if you are really ambitious here is Falling Snow Scene tutorial using masks and masking fluid.

So as long as you use some kind of masking , you meet the requirements for this challenge.

Just have fun!
I can't wait to see what you come up with!

View the April Fool's Gallery: HERE

Here are some samples:

Attachment 326477

Attachment 326478

Attachment 326479

Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default APRVSN17E ~ March 31 - 9 pm ET ~ Calendar Fools ~ debdeb

Challenge Title: Don't Miss the Memo!
Hostess: Deb (debdeb)
Keyword: APRVSN17E
Date: Friday, March 31 (9 PM EST)

This, according to legend, is how April Fools' Day came about: In the year that the Gregorian calendar was adopted there were some folks who "missed the memo" that the start of the New Year had changed from April 1st to January 1st, and so, when they began to celebrate on April 1st as had been the former tradition, they were called April Fools.

My challenge is to grab your planner, calendar, or to do list and make it pretty! Stamp, paint, draw, doodle...find a way to transform the ordinary into something beautiful that transcends the everyday, that speaks to your spirit to bring calm, energy, or enthusiasm for the (often mundane) tasks at hand.

Here's tomorrow's page in my planner:

Thank you to these amazing VSN hostesses for playing my challenge and sharing their ideas!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg APRVSN17Eann.jpg (84.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg APRVSN17Enicole1.jpg (61.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg APRVSN17Enicole2.jpg (60.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg APRVSN17Esally.jpg (73.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg APRVSN17Eshannon.jpg (36.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg APRVSN17Esharon.jpg (56.2 KB, 15 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,177 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Challenge Title: Not Always Black and White!!

Hostess: annsforte3 (Ann)

Keyword: APRVSN17F

Date: Saturday, April 1, 2017, 1:00 P.M. EST

Welcome to a magical April Fools Virtual Stamp Night!! I am very happy to be one of your hostess for this event!

One of my favorite movies is Pleasantville! Why you ask? I love seeing how the movie goes from black and white to beautiful living color as the characters in the movie obtain personal growth!

The change from a black and white image to color is truly magical!! The monochrome image changing to a colored image enhances one�s view of the subject matter.

Ok, so now you are probably thinking you know what my challenge is all about! Yes, my challenge is to make a magic card!! There are a couple of ways to make this card.

One way is using the tutorial here at SCS or a simpler version of it by Unity Stamp. Either way, when that tab is pulled and you see your image turned to color, it is truly magical!

My challenge for you is to make a Magic Card.

See the tutorial here on SCS: Magic Card Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers

Or make the simpler magic card by following the tutorial here: https://www.unitystampco.com/unity-q...-feather-card/

View the April Fool�s Gallery: HERE
View the April Fool�s Challenge Thread: HERE

Many thanks to all of my fellow hostesses for their wonderful sample cards for my challenge!

a) From the"Main Gallery" drop down list on the first page of the up loader,choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery drop down list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery drop down list choose April Fool's - it's the very top of the list.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg APRVSN17F, annsforte3, Magic Bunnies.jpg (63.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg APRVSN17F, annsforte3, Magic Purple Blossom.jpg (80.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg closed_by_tessaduck.jpg (81.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg open_by_tessaduck.jpg (54.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Get_Well_Flower_Collage_by_CraftyMerla.jpg (62.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Anns_VSN_Challenge_sm_by_smadson.jpg (94.2 KB, 10 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 368 Likes on 286 Posts
Default APRVSN17G ~ Saturday April, 1st - 2:00 P.M. ~ Fools Who Dream ~ tessaduck

Challenge Title: Fools Who Dream
Hostess: tessaduck (Brenda)
Keyword: APRVSN17G
Date: Saturday, April 1, 2017, 2 P. M. EST

My challenge to you: Take inspiration from the Oscar-nominated song, Audition: The Fools Who Dream, from La La Land.

Imagine: Late 60's, blowing soap bubbles out the window of a Ford Fairlane, bellowing "Carpe Diem, Seize the Day-- Blow Ye Bubbles While Ye May," en route to play in the People's Fountain. That may have been my "Fools Who Dream" event...

I consider myself to be a pragmatic, practical, responsible (boring) person. This memory is precious to me.

Don't worry-- I wasn't driving. However, there was a bottle of cheap wine in the air vent, cooling, for later consumption. :grin:

Here's the lyrics: The Fools Who Dream

There's plenty of potential with these lyrics. I'm picturing a get well card from the phrase "She spent a month sneezing..." I can't wait to see what inspires you.

View the April Fool�s Gallery: HERE
View the April Fool�s Challenge Thread: HERE

Many thanks to all of my fellow hostesses for their wonderful sample cards for my challenge!

a) From the"Main Gallery" drop down list on the first page of the up loader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery drop down list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery drop down list choose April Fool's - it's the very top of the list.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg beautiful.jpg (51.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg APRVSN17G_annsforte3_The_Colors_of_Paris_by_annsforte3.jpg (78.0 KB, 11 views)
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 310 Likes on 119 Posts
Default APRVSN17H ~ Saturday, April 1st ~ 3PM EST ~ Animal Crossing ~ CraftyMerla

Challenge Title: Animal Crossing
Hostess: CraftyMerla ~ Sally Merla
Keyword: APRVSN17H
Date: Saturday ~ April 1st ~ 3 PM EST

April Fool's Day is all about fun, finding the humor in things. So...

Why did the Chicken cross the road?

To get to the other side...because it was the Elephant's day off...who knows?

My challenge to you is to create a card with a Chicken, Elephant, Horse, or whatever animal you have in your stash. You may have your animal(s) crossing a road or each other if you like. The important thing is to have some fun creating with the animals in your stash. I can't wait to see what fun cards you make and share with all of us. Now go STAMP!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!![/B]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chicken Crossing.jpg (43.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpeg APRVSN17H_annsforte3_But_Why_Mom_by_annsforte3.jpeg (86.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg APRVSN17H_chick_by_berlycece.jpg (33.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2218_by_cnsteele.jpg (45.7 KB, 13 views)
VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts
Default APRVSN17I ~ Sat. April 1 - 4 pm ET ~ APRIL Fun ~ LuvLee

Challenge Title: APRIL Fun!
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: APRVSN17I
Date: Sat, April 1 ~ 4 pm EST

My challenge is to use the letters in APRIL to design your card!! Choose an image, color, embellishment, etc for EACH letter in making your card!! And have fun!!

Here's my sample. For my card I used:

A - Acetate
P - Pink
R - Red
I - Iridescent/Ice (Stickles)
L - Lamb

Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool April Fool's VSN Master Thread

Challenge Title: Foolish Animals
Hostess: Jeanne S
Keyword: APRVSN17J
Date: Saturday April 1st

Happy Saturday everyone!

I hope you are having fun playing the challenges with us! My little world is filled with silly animals so my challenge to you is to make a card using an animal. You can use die cuts, stamps, punches or whatever you like to make you animal card.

Waffle the duck and her little chick friends say hello.

View the April Fool's Gallery: HERE

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Smile Jeanne_Streiff.jpg (50.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Image6.jpg (49.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Image5.jpg (48.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Image4.jpg (85.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Image3.jpg (71.8 KB, 7 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 283 Likes on 183 Posts
Default APRVSN17K ~ Sat. April 1 ~ 6 pm ~ My Craft Room is Full of...~ berlycece

Challenge Title: My Craft Room is Full of Ssshhhaving Cream!
Hostess: Kim (aka berlycece)
Keyword: APRVSN17K
Date: Saturday April 1, 6 pm EST

Hey there stampers!! Are you having fun yet? I am!!

When I first thought of the theme April Fools, I remembered a special day during my foster parenting years. April Fools Day fell on a Saturday (like today!) and we celebrated all day. The kids (5 of them at the time) were told they could play pranks, as long as they didn't cause injury or property damage, and didn't break the law. ;) Shaving cream found its way onto a few door knobs and in someone's hair. I think there was an all-out war in the back yard!

In honor of that, I knew I wanted a "silly" technique, so my mind went instantly to the Shaving Cream Technique!

This fun technique is easy, and great with kids! I did this with 3 grand-daughters recently, and their giggles made my heart happy! Their mom is one of my former foster teens from that memorable day, so it is extra special to me.

You can use one color, or multiple colors...use as a background or for die cuts...just have FUN!! You can also try Lydia's version, which she introduced last fall: Shaving Cream Stenciling

I can't wait to see what you create!!

File Type: jpg APRVSN17K Lexi.jpg (40.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg APRVSN17Z Pieces.jpg (33.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg APRVSN17Z Plate.jpg (35.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg APRVSN17K_annsforte3.jpg (108.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4308_by_scrapaholic007.jpg (121.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Shaving_Celebration_by_CraftyMerla.jpg (174.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg VSN_shaving_cream_april_17_sm_by_smadson.jpg (39.9 KB, 6 views)
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Challenge Title: Crafting with Tom Cruise
Hostess: Lisa Lara (aka lisa lara)
Keyword: APRVSN17L
Date: April 1st, 2017 @ 7pm EST

APRIL FOOLS
No Tom Cruise, but I got your attention didn't I?!
We are going to make a GATE FOLD LATCH CARD.

Hello VSN lovers. This is my first time as a VSN hostess, so I am excited. You are probably wondering what a Gate Fold Latch Card is and how it relates to April Fools. Well, a Gate Fold Latch Card is basically a gate fold with a latch due to how the layers are attached. It relates to April Fools, because it looks sweet and innocent like a regular gate fold but when the receiver goes to open it they realize they have to unlatch it first. Bwahaha. Follow me?

I have a tutorial for you to follow HERE.

Please NOTE * I have found doubling the frame and inside with two pieces of paper when cutting makes the card sturdier when opening and closing. (My paper is thick and would not cut through both so I separated them and ran through my cutter again on the second piece.)

View the gallery for this challenge:HERE

Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSN 1.jpg (80.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg VSN 2.jpg (77.6 KB, 16 views)

My Blog
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default APRVSN17M ~ Saturday April 1st @ 8pm ~ Not always a Stamping Fool! ~ dawnmercedes

Challenge Title: Not always a Stamping Fool!
Hostess: DawnMercedes
Keyword: APRVSN17M
Date: April 1st, 2017 @ 8pm

I am sure we have all been through it...when our loved one, friend, mother, spouse... accuse of us of spending too much time stamping! So, let's show them that we are not always a stamping fool! For this challenge, create a card WITHOUT any stamps on it!

Ideas for sentiments: you can use a pre-printed message or alphabet stickers or die cuts of words.

Ideas for images: use flowers, washi tape, decorative brads, elaborate stickers, die cuts or dig through those mounds of embellishments you have tucked away in drawers.

The sky is the limit here...just NO STAMPS!

File Type: jpg APRVSN17M_annsforte3_Resting_on_a_Branch_by_annsforte3.jpg (96.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1522_by_K_Joy.jpg (64.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2222_by_cnsteele.jpg (50.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4304_by_scrapaholic007.jpg (43.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Painted_Thanks_by_CraftyMerla.jpg (114.8 KB, 7 views)

Received 1,377 Likes on 512 Posts

Challenge Title: Help for a Fool
Hostess: cnsteele (Nicole)
Keyword: APRVSN17N
Date: Saturday, April 1, 2017 9PM EST

Some people have an innate ability to create watercolor masterpieces...and then there's people like me who need a foolproof method to produce something pretty! Thanks to the generous nature of stampers, us "watercolor fools" can learn from the best. Kim Jolley at Stampin' Artfully featured a technique she called Foolproof Watercolor. The results are stunning! My challenge to you is to make a card using Kim's Foolproof Watercolor technique. You will find her written tutorial HERE. If you prefer a short video, Kim has one HERE. Thank you for playing along and thank you to Kim Jolley for giving me permission to use her technique for this challenge! HAVE FUN with this!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2214.jpg (46.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2219.JPG (122.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2220.jpg (39.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2225.jpg (42.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2226.JPG (127.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2227.jpg (68.0 KB, 11 views)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default APRVSN17O ~ Sat. April 1 - 10 pm ET ~ The Greatest Hoax ~ scrapaholic007

Challenge Title: The Greatest Hoax
Hostess: scrapaholic007 (Shannon)
Keyword: APRVSN17O
Date: Saturday, April 1, 2017 10PM EST

This has been a fantastically creative weekend! We're finishing it off with The Greatest Hoax challenge! Your challenge is to read through this link of the The Top 100 Greatest April Fool's Day Hoaxes of All Time, laugh and laugh, then choose a hoax that inspires you. There are some incredulous claims that people actually fell for! Be sure to tell us which Hoax you chose!
I'm adding in a fun bonus twist! Fool your recipient with something sneaky! Such as, an upside down panel, or a funky fold that's hard to open, or maybe a glued shut card! Hahaha! HAVE LOTS FUN with this!

A very special Shout Out of Gratitude to my lovely sample makers. Thank you all so much for taking the time!

http://hoaxes.org/aprilfool/

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Nin
Prayers for Peace On Earth Within Our Time