peeps321
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Vintage Lover

Default MIX213: Text Transfer (2/24/17)

Challenge Title: Text Transfer
Hostess: peeps321 (Polly)
Keyword:
MIX213

Your mission for today is try a technique of transferring text from paper to your project using glue or another adhesive. Have any of you already tried this? It's really cool. I found some simple to follow directions on this blog. I did some experimenting and have some helpful information to pass along. First off...I had the best luck using Gel Medium as my glue part. If you're not familiar with this product you might want to give it a try. It can be used a lot in mixed media. I know for sure that if you have a heavy embellishment, Gel Medium is your glue. Mod Podge worked well for this technique, too and Elmer's Glue works but I found not quite as well as the other two. Experiment with your own glues. As for the "text" part of your project..an old book page or old sheet music is great. I have a couple of old books bought at Half Price Books that I use on my card and art projects. I also tried newsprint and old phone book pages and got good results. Glossy magazine pages do not work so don't even bother.

I hope you'll give this a try. Even a small amount of text transfer can add a lot of interest to your card.

Remember to use at least two or more different mediums on your project. See this post for some ideas. Also make sure to put MIX213 in the keyword section.

Find the MIX213 Gallery here.
Attached Thumbnails
watermarked-2017-02-22-0919-.jpg  

Last edited by peeps321; 02-23-2017 at 09:39 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!