Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-31-2017, 11:23 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone thinking of getting the new Tim holtz stamp positioner?

I have the Misti and can't imagine stamping without it. I love layering stamps and have a bunch of them and I can't use them without the Misti. However, I am kind of disappointed In it. Stamps don't stick well to it anymore and the magnets don't hold the paper in place which defeats the purpose. I bought a new bar magnet and it's better but it still moves a lot. Maybe it's because I didn't buy the special cleaner and ruined it. I mostly clean it with ink wipes or my absorber. I have used baby wipes too. To clarify I don't use them to clean the actual Misti but the stamps when they are on it. Anyways, I am very interested in the Tim holtz tool as it looks very sturdy and think I may try it. Anyone else?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 11:38 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

There are a couple of threads where people have been talking about it, one in Tools & Products, and another in General Stamping. Here you go: Have you seen Tim Holtz's Stamp Positioner? by Bohodiva at Splitcoaststampers and New Tim Holtz sneak peek by Sleepymom33 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 11:45 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the original Misti and don't use it as much as some others use theirs.

I don't do a lot of "precision" stamping. I mostly stamp single images on cardstock, then color them and cut them out with a die, or fussy cut them. I do use the Misti for a few of my clear stamps that don't stamp well the first time. I don't like that I'm restricted as to the size cardstock that I can put into the Misti, since I sometimes use random pieces of cardstock, and have to trim it first to fit.

I think if I were going to get another one of this type of tool, I would go for the We R Memory Keepers version. It's cheaper than the Tim Holtz and you can use any size paper.

WeR Memory Keepers - PRECISION PRESS Stamp Positioning Tool ? Hallmark Scrapbook

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 06:16 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

I pre-ordered one. I have the original MISTI and the mini version. I like Tim's because I think it will be easier to keep clean. Also, the hinges on my MISTI are very loose/wiggly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2017, 10:25 AM   #5  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have all three sizes of the MISTI and love it. I'm thinking you just need to clean your stamps maybe with light soapy water and rise, I have the nuvo cleaner but never use it, I use baby wipes and my stamp shammy and never have an issue but sometimes my stamps get "dirty" and need a light cleaning and they stick just fine again.

I actually preordered the TH one even though I have three sizes of MISTIs....not because I don't like my MISTIS....I LOVE them....but because when I am mass creating, I often use all three mistis to get my project done. I figured I could use another one very easily and I liked the concept.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2017, 10:44 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts

Never say never, but I don't see myself getting this tool; I love my MISTI and feel kind of loyal to the inventor of it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2017, 11:03 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a MISTI (regular size) and I'm definitely interested in the Tim Holtz version.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2017, 02:36 PM   #8  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula O.View Post
I have a MISTI (regular size) and I'm definitely interested in the Tim Holtz version.
And I look forward to being enabled by you once you get it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2017, 02:42 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I preordered the TH tool even though I have an original size Misti. I like some of the options the TH offered. Plus I can use an extra one when stamping several things at a time.

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

I have an Original & Mini MISTI which work very well for me. Will also be getting the Creative Corners once the dust settles from everyone trying to get them. I could be wrong but don't think the corners would work on the TH stamp press.

TH stamp press is to big a footprint for me. He has some features that the MISTI doesn't have and vice versa. Anyway I won't be getting his version.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #11  
Cardstock Collector

Default Grmakim

I recently got the Tim Holtz stamping platform but haven't had a chance to use it with the summer insanity! I am trying to find out if the Misti Creative Corners will work with the Tim Holtz platform. So far none of the retailers or companies I have heard back from seem to know. Anyone out there know?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2017, 12:02 PM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

Default Grmakim

I recently bought the Tim Holtz stamping platform, but haven't had time to try it out with the insanity of summer going on! Does anyone know if the Misti Creative Corners work with the Tim Holtz platform? None of the retailers I have contacted and heard back from seem to know. Appreciate the help.

Last edited by grmakim; 08-09-2017 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: duplicate message.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2017, 03:53 AM   #13  

The corners do not work with the TH platform, at least not for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2017, 07:12 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

With the open sides do you still need the corners? I don't have them but I thought they were to be used to help with off the paper stamping?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2017, 07:13 AM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukieView Post
With the open sides do you still need the corners? I don't have them but I thought they were to be used to help with off the paper stamping?
The corners are to be able to stamp anywhere on the cardstock, not just against the edges of the Misti. IOW, you're creating your own edges and can move the paper away from the Misti edges. They can be helpful for lining up sentiments (with the other pieces in the set), repeat stamping, diagonal stamping, etc.

I like them but the magnets aren't strong, being embedded, so it's easy to accidentally shift them.

Lots of videos about ways to use them - yell if you want one here. : )

ETA stuff

Last edited by bjeans; 08-11-2017 at 10:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2017, 10:35 AM   #16  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree about the corners. I have to use my strong bar magnet in conjunction with them. Even then I keep an eye on the paper or clear grid beneath to make sure they stay lined up when I use them out in the middle of my Misti. They come in really handy for stamps I want to extend over the edge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

I just tried the two magnetized Creative Corners and the L-shape in the Platform on the clear side and they worked fine. Of course you can only butt them up against the left edge of the platform. But you wouldn't always use them against the edge. I've used them in the middle of the Misti. You'd probably want to use graph or grid paper underneath them in some cases to make sure you're moving them straight, like you would on a Misti.

The two corner pieces stick better to the Tonic platform than on the Misti - assuming a piece of paper is put on the surface of the Tonic under the CS you're stamping on, since the plastic platform surface is slick. I put paper or graph paper there anyway, as I do with the Misti, at least most of the time.

Caveat: my platform is the UK version.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2017, 07:34 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

I am soooooglad I purchased my WRMK after reading all the various posts about both versions of the Tonic press. I have a second one not even opened as back up in the event my currently used one should fail me. It does everything it's supposed to....I feel for those who have either received theirs and are having problems,and those that have ordered and now reading some of these posts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2017, 11:29 AM   #19  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada gooseView Post
I am soooooglad I purchased my WRMK after reading all the various posts about both versions of the Tonic press. I have a second one not even opened as back up in the event my currently used one should fail me. It does everything it's supposed to....I feel for those who have either received theirs and are having problems,and those that have ordered and now reading some of these posts.
I hugely like my Tonic press, like my Misti - and am going to sell my WRMK. And I really like that there are different strokes - aka stamping "machines" - for different folks. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2017, 07:23 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Anyone thinking of getting the new Tim Holtz stamp positoner

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
I hugely like my Tonic press, like my Misti - and am going to sell my WRMK. And I really like that there are different strokes - aka stamping "machines" - for different folks. : )

I totally agree with you that everyone will have their favs. However, I do feel bad for those that have been disappointed for various reasons, which may be resolved or those waiting and wondering if their Tonic will be all they hope for. I have a couple Of Tonic products which I swear by, just not this particular one.

The whole concept of this way of stamping is wonderful, and as stated everyone will have their favorites.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2017, 07:37 AM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

Absolutely we feel badly for people who are disappointed - no "however" about it. : ) I've posted exactly that and more - too much more! - in the ongoing Tonic threads. (The first post in this thread mentions being disappointed in the Misti.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2017, 08:01 AM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Well there you go........different strokes. Lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #23  
Crimping Master

I hadn't payed much attention to the difference in the depth of rubber stamps and their mountings until I began a big project of removing the foam from the rubber to unmount my woodblock stamps. It was all over the place. The rubber on one was so paperthin it actually distegrated when I removed it from the foam. Another stretched out so badly I had to throw it away. Others were very sturdy and thick. Some were mounted on thin black foam. Some had puffy grey foam. Even though I am remounting all of them on the EZ Mount foam I am anticipating some image issues when I use them in any of my stamp platforms. It will be interesting to see which of the platforms are more forgiving of these variances.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2017, 02:16 PM   #24  
Glitter Queen

I have the Misti and love it, and decided to buy a Tim Holz Platform. Not so sure that was a great idea. Have trouble with the stamps I mount on the inner edge not wanting to stamp well. The stamps on the middle sections and outer edges do ok, just the inner edges don't stamp well. Think it has to do with the hinge. Any suggestions? I am mostly using it to make my stamp catalog pages for references to find my stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2018, 07:06 AM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the TH one, and for 'off the page stamping' I just cut some chipboard into roughly 1" wide strips, put those on two edges, then butt up my cardstock, add the magnets to the cardstock, then remove the chipboard to stamp.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2018, 11:00 AM   #26  
Crimping Master

I quit using the MISTI as soon as I got my Tim Holtz stamping platform. I get perfect images the first time (I rarely have to re-stamp) and the hinges aren't loose and wiggly. I like how easy it is to clean the TH platform. Higher quality and better price too!

I am selling my original and mini MISTI's. After seeing the behavior of MSP's owner I cannot support purchasing her products. I actually thought about taking a hammer to them but decided a beginning stamper would get some use out of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2018, 12:53 PM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandra HarveyView Post
I have the Misti and love it, and decided to buy a Tim Holz Platform. Not so sure that was a great idea. Have trouble with the stamps I mount on the inner edge not wanting to stamp well. The stamps on the middle sections and outer edges do ok, just the inner edges don't stamp well. Think it has to do with the hinge. Any suggestions? I am mostly using it to make my stamp catalog pages for references to find my stamps.

Yes, contact Tonic and let them know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2018, 07:22 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandra HarveyView Post

First shipment of this stamp positioner had a defect. Contact the manufacturer. as far as I know they replaced all defected positioners.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2018, 11:12 PM   #29  
Crimping Master

I agree. Both my regular size and travel size stamp perfectly. I too would call and troubleshoot with them. I do find that if you try to stamp a big bunch of stamps all at the same time some don’t do as well. This may be because some stamps are a tiny bit taller than others.
Reply With Quote Likes