Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-16-2017, 08:57 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Papertrey Ink Sale

Papertrey Ink is having an INSANE pre-anniversary sale as of last night. Patterned paper pads and packs are $1, buttons are $1, all rolls of ribbon are .50 cents - vault items are on sale - and they re-released some limited time only sets and promotional sets. Plus there's other items. The ink pads and a few other things have already sold out. Here's something I found today while shopping - more items are on sale than listed in the anniversary sale category. Search by color and you'll see more patterned papers on sale than just in the Jan sale category. Happy Crafting!!!! - Catherine
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2017, 03:22 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got Tinsel and Tags!!! So excited- and I didn't have to pay eBay prices!!! I feel sorry for the people who paid $400 to $700 for the set before the holiday. I refused to pay those prices and it paid off. Thank you Papertrey!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2017, 04:36 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I put in a big order last night for stamps, dies and paper. I've had a lot on my wish list for about a year, now. I was a little bummed I didn't get to order any of the inks. I had a lot of trouble with their site giving me error messages. It must have been a sign for me to quit spending!! They have some beautiful products!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2017, 10:12 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

My daughter placed an order for me on 1/16 - so far, it still just says processing. We can't get any information on tracking or even if it's shipped ... just keeps saying processing. I have emailed, no response (yet). I'm staying positive but would be fibbing if I didn't say I was a little nervous

Anyone that has ordered - have you gotten solid confirmation and/or shipped info?

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
My daughter placed an order for me on 1/16 - so far, it still just says processing. We can't get any information on tracking or even if it's shipped ... just keeps saying processing. I have emailed, no response (yet). I'm staying positive but would be fibbing if I didn't say I was a little nervous

Anyone that has ordered - have you gotten solid confirmation and/or shipped info?
FYI, I didn't actually order, but when I was browsing and went to put some sale items into my cart, I got a pop up that said: "Any order that contains sale items could be delayed 4-6 weeks. Click here to acknowledge the potential delay."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2017, 05:10 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Did you look on the "Customer service" drop-down menu? You can track it that way. Mine is in transit. I'm so excited.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2017, 05:26 PM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

I ordered the same day (1/16) and mine is still processing. I am also feeling a little nervous. I placed a Stampin Up order two days later and it is already here. This is my first order with PTI and unless I hear something soon, I think it will be my last.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2017, 06:14 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Emily - good to know you saw that pop up! I don't recall seeing it at our time of ordering. All things said, a courtesy reply would be nice :-)

@sleepymom - yay for you! It's looking like Christmas at your house with all those deliveries!

@slr56 - we can wait together :-)

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2017, 07:32 PM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Emily - good to know you saw that pop up! I don't recall seeing it at our time of ordering. All things said, a courtesy reply would be nice :-)
)
I honestly couldn't figure out why that would be-- were they expecting THAT MUCH volume? I thought it might have been because they put ALL the vault stamps on sale and so maybe they were gonna have to order a few runs, depending on what sold. But for things like their ink and ribbon and paper, which I assume they're actually trying to get rid of, I'm not sure why it would take so long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2017, 02:14 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

They are usually slow to ship during their release. They do get a lot of volume with their regular release and now they have a lot of additional orders to fulfill. I think every stamper on the planet ordered the Tinsel and Tags set plus a lot of other items. They say on their website they ship 2 to 7 days from the release on Jan 15 to the 25 th. I think it is more like 2 weeks. I would be patient. The stamps will come. Their customer service has improved if you want to reach out to them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2017, 06:07 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
FYI, I didn't actually order, but when I was browsing and went to put some sale items into my cart, I got a pop up that said: "Any order that contains sale items could be delayed 4-6 weeks. Click here to acknowledge the potential delay."
I too placed an order on Jan. 16 and have not gotten any indication that it has been shipped, delayed or otherwise. As a matter of fact, when I checked on it yesterday I got a message stating my order is still being processed or did not contain any items to be shipped. And (not surprising) I have not gotten a reply to an e-mail inquiry either.

Had I known the order would be delayed for so long I probably wouldn't have placed the order...sale or no sale. I didn't need anything that badly. 4-6 weeks?? That's totally ridiculous...and, of course, my credit card has already been charged. Unless I receive my order or a response from PTI, they're going on my probation list and I'll throw my money elsewhere. :mad:

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2017, 11:02 AM   #12  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

I also ordered on 1/16 and my order is still in process too but that doesn't surprise me at all. I don't think I have been gotten any shipping notices from them, at least not in the last year so I wouldn't count on getting one. You're probably better off checking through your account on their website.

On a normal release, my order always takes at least a week (and I'm only one state away). The vault stamps are special cases and they do have notice that pops up when you click on the vault with that info (4-6 weeks shipping on those). It does say that those may ship separately from the rest of the order so I don't think it would hold up the entire order.

They should have realized with the pre-anniversary sale that they would be extra swamped with orders. But I would be willing to bet that they did not plan ahead and hire extra temporary help to get them over the hump.

I do believe that the orders will eventually ship, but their history for customer service speaks for itself. I'm happy to hear that it has improved. This sale might test it.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2017, 12:20 PM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

I sent them an email about my order last night and I got this today:
Hi Sharon!
Thank you for reaching out to us about your order. I checked our system and your order is in process.

Unfortunately, due to the volume of orders we received in our sale and the number of items on each order, we are experiencing an unexpected delay of 2 - 6 weeks. If you receive a tracking number, your order still may be delayed by 2 - 4 weeks from your order date to allow us time to pick and pack your order. If you would prefer not to wait, please contact us before your order is in completed status and we will be happy to cancel it. In the meantime, if you have any additional questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

We are so sorry for the delay and we appreciate your patience and your business. I hope you are having a fantastic day!!

I really don't like to order from company's that don't plan ahead for big sales. Other companies I order from can handle their sales. Stampin Up and Gina K Designs are 2 that come to mind. A sale doesn't slow them down at all.
Since I got such a good buy on this, I will probably wait, but their things are going to have to be exceptionally good for me to order again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2017, 12:23 PM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Patience, people! The PTI site was slammed with orders, and no wonder, with the fabulous sale!

If your order contained any stamps and/or dies from previously released kits or previous anniversary stamp sets, your order will be held up because these items are being made NOW. PTI has their manufacturers on stand-by and will fill all orders placed by Jan 31st for these items; they wanted to make sure that everyone who wanted the past kits would be able to get one. They will no longer be manufactured after this.

I think it's worth waiting for if you truly want it.

I placed an order for paper only on the 15th; my order is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I then placed another order for a couple of the kits separately because I knew it would take longer to get these items. I have not received a confirmation of a shipping date on the kits, but I haven't expected to. I've been dealing with Papertrey since 2009 and have never, ever had a problem.

So if you can be patient, I think it will be worth the wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

How many other companies have sold paper for $1/pack - paper originally $8 - $18/pack?

How many other companies have sold ribbon for 50 cents a spool? Or full-size ink pads for $1? Or bags of buttons for 50 cents?

And how many times have retired stamps been made available for purchase again?

To me, it seems that whatever Papertrey Ink does or doesn't do, they're going to get a bashing here on SCS because of it. I know of no other company that receives such knee-jerk responses from SCS forum members. Frankly, it makes me ashamed of our community.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2017, 01:18 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! Just to update, since I did ask a question here on this forum, that I did get a response as well, so that was good!
Communication is key! As long as I'm informed, and kept aware, I'm good.
However, my email response did say that it was not going to be 4-6 weeks (which, again, was not on our page when ordering,
but it is what it is) that it will be more like 6-8 weeks.

That is a long wait, regardless of how many items they sold or what price they sold it for. Up to 2 months to wait for any order, from any company, deserves an eyebrow raise. I was given the option to wait, or cancel, so that is that. Now I know, now I chose.

Linda, I'm sorry you felt that the company was 'getting bashed' to the point where you are ashamed of the community. We placed orders. We have questions. And based on getting no response to emails or lack of communications from them, I think it's more than fair to ask a question if we have one. That's not necessarily a knee-jerk response, which, ironically, post #15 sure sounds like to me.

Let's all be friends, people The world is too crazy out there not enjoy this community for what it is: creating, crafts, and friendships.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

Kelly, I apologize to you and all the others who have posted on this thread. My post (#15) was completely uncalled for here. I'm very sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2017, 04:44 PM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

Rick posted on the PTI forum today that they have tried to hire temporary workers, "but there just isn't anyone who will actually show up on a consistent basis that wants to actually work."

He also mentioned in the last day or two that one of the boxes being shipped weighed 198 pounds.

With so many things on sale for $1, many orders have more than 100 items. That's going to take a while to pick and pack, no matter how fast a person works.

And it truly is an amazing sale. I got $18 paper packs for $1. To my knowledge, no other stamp company has EVER had this generous a sale. If they did, they would also be slammed with orders, and their shipping times would also suffer.

All orders will get shipped, and I'm suggesting patience, even as I admit to checking the status several times a day. :-)

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2017, 06:42 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

I got my order today! My first order from them ever, so I'll say I am impressed at how it was packaged. You can tell they put a lot of care in packing. Also, there was a signed note from 3 people ( Nicole & 2 others) thanking me for my business
I'm pretty impressed with all of that. And I love what I ordered!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2017, 08:06 PM   #20  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepymom33View Post
I got my order today! My first order from them ever, so I'll say I am impressed at how it was packaged. You can tell they put a lot of care in packing. Also, there was a signed note from 3 people ( Nicole & 2 others) thanking me for my business
I'm pretty impressed with all of that. And I love what I ordered!
Enjoy your first-order goodies! This sale was just too good to pass up, and I'm sorry you had to wait. If you make future orders, I've found that when ordering at non-release times, the order usually leaves their warehouse the next day.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2017, 05:20 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

first time orderer here...have received responses to EVERY email I have sent...

the first question I had is I didn't have my order number...they responded within hours...

I didn't sign up for an account...only wish I could see what was on my order as I am debating some stamp sets and then there are a couple of paper packs I may have missed...lol

what it takes is what it takes...although I never saw anything when ordering that it would take several weeks although I kind of anticipated that as it is such a huge sale...

now when I click on something it has the 4-6 week thing...

I ordered on the 16th as well...doesn't show up anything...it would be much nicer if it showed your order and that they still have it...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2017, 07:32 PM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sek111sbcView Post
first time orderer here...have received responses to EVERY email I have sent...

the first question I had is I didn't have my order number...they responded within hours...

I didn't sign up for an account...only wish I could see what was on my order as I am debating some stamp sets and then there are a couple of paper packs I may have missed...lol

what it takes is what it takes...although I never saw anything when ordering that it would take several weeks although I kind of anticipated that as it is such a huge sale...

now when I click on something it has the 4-6 week thing...

I ordered on the 16th as well...doesn't show up anything...it would be much nicer if it showed your order and that they still have it...lol
Sande, If you look at the top of the page where it says customer service, there is a drop down menu that has order tracking. You can put in your order number here to find out the status on your order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2017, 08:10 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

all it says

Your order is either still being processed or it did not contain any items to be shipped
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2017, 08:11 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

wish it would show the order etc...but since I didn't sign up for an account...no dice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2017, 08:18 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

found it...created an account with the email I used to pay...and my order showed right up! 122 items...didn't think I got that carried away
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 05:42 PM   #26  
Compulsive Stamper

I got my shipping notification today. It says my order will be here Thursday. I have wanted to try PTI products in the past and so I am glad I got in on the sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 06:38 PM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

I rec'd my order and have just been opening the paper and oohing and aahing over it. I own a lot of PTI stamps, and can tell I'm gonna have fun getting inky since I now have coordinating paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 10:58 AM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just an FYI - Papertrey is no longer going to carry ribbons at all once they sell off their inventory. So if you like any of ribbons, I would stock up today with the last day of their sale because they are going back to the original price tomorrow. I am huge fan of ribbons so I ordered about 50 something rolls at the discounted rate! New patterned papers are going to be released too, so if you still have any paper faves now to get, I'd get them while they are on sale!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 11:42 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

slsr~~what time did you order? mine is still processing...ordered the same day at 5pm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2017, 01:45 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

still no updates on mine...just processing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2017, 02:32 PM   #31  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sek111sbcView Post
slsr~~what time did you order? mine is still processing...ordered the same day at 5pm
I got a tracking number Monday and the email said my order would be here Thursday. I noticed there were no updates on the UPS site for the order, but decided to wait until today to see if it would come. Well, there was nothing delivered today, so I sent an email inquiry about my order a couple of hours ago. Just received a reply and PTI says there was a label made, but the order has not been sent out and they could not give me a date when it would be sent. They are still saying 4-6 weeks. I was really excited about this order, but now, not so much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2017, 02:36 PM   #32  
Compulsive Stamper

Oh, and to answer your question, I think it was around noon when I ordered on 1/16/17.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

I received my order today -36lbs of goodies, lol. I placed the order the morning of the sale. I didn't get any kind of shipping or tracking info, the package just showed up today. So it took about 3 weeks. There's hope for everyone's orders that they are on their way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2017, 11:28 AM   #34  
Compulsive Stamper

Well, it has been 8 days since I received an email saying mine was on it's way (and would be delivered last Thursday) and still UPS is saying the package has not been received. I know I am very impatient but I am so over this. I am giving them one more week and then I will call my credit card company. I am not bashing this company, I know many people love it, but this made me realize that because of my impatience, I just need to stay with the tried and true companies that I have used for years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2017, 12:02 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

you know I contacted them last week...the gal said she didn't know why mine wasn't done when so many others were...so she said she would make sure it gets out right away...so when I went on the site it finally said completed...that was Friday morning...how hard and why can't ups pick all the shipments at once...it was like 6am Friday morning (surely before the UPS pickup) and here it is today at 3pm cst and still doesn't show put on list/truck....I do understand about how the excitement goes away...I was looking forward to it...it's been 3 weeks now and eh...not so excited anymore...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So sad I missed this fantastic sale!!!! Cheers and happy crafting to all of you who scored some great buys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2017, 07:47 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

mine now has a tracking number...as of yesterday...they told me since i have so many items they have to have their "best" packaging staff package it....but I have a track number that hasn't moved...if it were me I would package the paper in one, and the ribbons in another and ship them in one bigger box...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2017, 01:16 AM   #38  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My order came in about 2.5 weeks but it was small just one kit and some ink. My order was in by 7:15 PST the night of the sale. It's true that some of those boxes weighed close to 200 lbs; they mentioned it on their forum. Since orders over $80 were shipped free and the prices on the heavy stuff were so low, I wonder if they actually profited. Got old inventory out I guess. They have cancelled the Feb 15th new product release due to being swamped in the warehouse according to their blog so that should help shipping of sale orders. I've never had any customer service issues with them in the three years I've ordered. I believe they also said you could cancel your order if the shipping times were unacceptable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2017, 01:56 AM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was actually looking that up on usps....50 lbs cost like 40.00 if you are a retail customer...more like 45....so I was thinking that they must have some serious overstock...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2017, 09:22 AM   #40  
Compulsive Stamper

I got my order today. It took almost 3 and 1/2 weeks, which is the most I have ever had to wait on anything I have ever ordered. That being said, I must admit that with the price I paid and the beauty of the paper and ribbon, it was worth the wait and I will most likely order from them again. Sande, I hope you get yours soon. I only ordered 29 items and it was a lot of fun looking through everything, with your big order, you are going to have a ball.
Reply With Quote Likes