Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-21-2016, 09:05 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Scent Free Stamp Cleaner?

Does anyone know of a stamp cleaner without scent added to it? I get terrible migraines from perfumes, but I'm looking for a stamp cleaner to clean some cool very dirty stamps I was given.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 09:37 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 971 Likes on 471 Posts

Have you tried basic dish soap like original Dawn? I don't recommend anything with added antibacterial properties, but the original blue dawn (watered down) washes most everything well.
Another option (although I'm sure it has an aroma of some kind) is Simple Green. Many people have stated that they use this product, also watered down a good bit, as their preferred method of cleaning stamps.
Aside from this, I remember seeing a video by Jennifer McGuire where she shares some of her favorite cleaners and why she uses them. The shammy in particular is something she uses without a spray, though I'm not sure if it will help you with ink that has dried on.Here's the link
That link will take you to the portion of the video where she starts discussing the different cleaning tools.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 10:29 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifesABeach48View Post
Does anyone know of a stamp cleaner without scent added to it? I get terrible migraines from perfumes, but I'm looking for a stamp cleaner to clean some cool very dirty stamps I was given.

I saw your post and thought I would share this video I created with The Brutus Monroe stamp cleaner. This stuff is awesome. I too suffer from Migraines and can't have smelly stamp cleaner. The cleaner is non toxic and works like a dream! My husband has a business where he does custom work on stainless steel cups. one of the orders was wrong (the client approved the proof but when the cups were delivered they realized their error) We thought we were going to have to eat the cost of that order. But I decided to try the stamp cleaner to remove the heat transferred design that nothing else would remove. It was like magic! It removed the transferred design and we were able to reprint the order for them. I can truly say this stuff is awesome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2016, 05:17 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Fl_beachbum made some excellent suggestions. I am allergic to perfumed products, sometimes they make me sneeze but mostly they make me nauseous. Think morning sickness all my life.

I use Simple Green not only to clean stamps but around the house as well. It's a natural product not artificially made with added perfumes so I am able to use it without a problem. I am also able to use Judi-kins stamp cleaner for really tough stains. While it does smell, it seems to be alcohol/chemical not perfume so it doesn't bother me.

I just purchased the "shammy" so the jury is still out but so far it looks to be a good clean as you go option. I doubt it would work on non-water based dried ink stains but I have adopted a "who cares" attitude for those stains. My stamps don't have to be perfect, they just need to stamp cleanly without unwanted color from a previous project.

I hope you are able to find something that works for you. Worrying about scent triggers just plain stinks ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2016, 08:26 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Thank you for the information about Simple Green. Does anyone know if it's safe on Photopolymer stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2017, 12:24 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. I make my own. Eight ounces of distilled water, one tablespoon vegetable glycerine and one tablespoon Baby shampoo. I'm sure you can use any unscented shampoo. First time I made it I used regular hair shampoo and it worked just fine. Absolutely safe on all
my stamps. Put shampoo and glycerine in spray bottle and fill with the water. Done.
Reply With Quote Likes