Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-07-2016, 07:31 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT433~November 8,2016~Thank You and God Bless the Red, White, and Blue

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #433

Thank You and God Bless the Red, White, and Blue

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The Rest of the Story:

1: Veteran's Day is nearly upon us again and as you know from past years, it is one of my personal missions. This year, I have a little something different up my sleeve than just sending a card a Veteran you know although you can certainly do that too.

2: In the "Need a Lift" forum is a post asking for thank you cards for group called Operation Quiet Comfort to send to wounded warriors and can always use more cards.

3: I'm planning on adding a little bit of a twist to one teaparty in the months where we have 5 Tuesdays so this is sort of a test. Even if you can't send lots of thanks, let me know what you think of sending cards to a group for them to use.
A: What I plan on doing is putting up a sign up list for those months and anyone can jump on board and be an honorary hostess and have a teaparty for her favorite cause. Whether it's birthday cards for a nursing home to give out, get well cards for a church to send to shut ins, or any other thing you wish for. There are 4 such months next yr I believe.

Challenge Translation:

Thank you cards for these fine service men and women in patriotic colors.

Destination Station:

This week our destination is N.C. If you would like a destination for your cards, how about sending them to Operation Quiet Comfort.

to find out why as well as get the address to mail your card, please visit post 539 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT433 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Here is a quick link to MMTPT#433 challenge gallery

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.
~~~~Sheri~~~~

Last edited by Ksnurse; 11-15-2016 at 04:40 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts

Great challenge today --

MMTPT433 Patriotic Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2016, 11:26 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I am in the UK, and we don't really do Remembrance Day cards, but I love this theme. I'm a Royalist (well come on, look at Prince Harry ;) ), and I am SO proud of our Armed Forces, have had 2 of my brothers serve. We owe so much to them all, and I personally could never thank them enough. I am also INSANELY British at times, currently I am drinking a cup of tea that just is not big enough. ;)

Here's my first card:
MMTPT433 - Thank you! by Breila_Cards - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

And using cut off paper from the first card, and a tag that matches the paper I created this second card too:
MMTPT433 - Thank you 2 by Breila_Cards - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2016, 02:30 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breila_CardsView Post
(well come on, look at Prince Harry ;) ),
Well, if you insist. :grin:

Hang on. Let me overthink this.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2016, 08:44 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

here is my card
Red White & Blue by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2016, 03:52 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

It took me a while to get all of these made, but I wanted to do more than just one. My kids helped me write the messages on the inside.

For Our Heroes

Hang on. Let me overthink this.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2016, 06:18 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,179 Likes on 1,817 Posts
Heart 2 for the brave

You are my Hero

And

Because of the Brave
Reply With Quote Likes