Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2016, 08:20 AM   #1  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default Holiday Crafty Tips - NO CHATTER

In this thread, please share your best tip for holiday crafting - one post per tip, but you may add as many tips as you like.

Examples of holiday crafting tips might include:
  • Tips for mass producing cards
  • How you make time to craft during the holidays
  • Tips for shopping/saving money on crafty projects
  • Tips for handmade holiday gifts
  • Tips for holiday craft fairs
Whatever it is about holiday crafting - let us know!

One tip per post, no chatter please
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 126 Likes on 93 Posts

Jacqueline's tips for mass producing cards:

When mass producing cards, first decide on one design. If want to make assorted multiples, still come up with your design first and commit to a certain number of cards for each design.

Once you have the design, make a sample to work off of.

Measure and cut all the paper that you're going to need and keep it in separate stacks. Do the same thing when stamping and/or embossing images, die cutting, etc. Prepare each item separately and get all the materials you're going to need.

Next, start setting things up like a little assembly line and complete each step start to finish. For example, stamp and emboss all the images first, then attach them to matting, then add glitter, then attach to card base, then add embellishments, etc.
Helper alert > I can already be sure my stamping is going to go alot
faster this year with the aid of my Misti tool. Best product, hands
down, for mass producing stamped images.

When making multiple cards this way, it's easy to find a good stopping point if need be and pick up again with the next step.

Once you get the stamping, embossing, coloring, etc. on the main portion complete, you can recruit kids, friends, etc. to help assemble the cards. All they'll have to do is follow the sample card. Give them each a part and pass it along the line (like your own little card-making sweatshop). LOL

Happy Fallidays!!

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"

Last edited by jacqueline; 10-25-2016 at 10:01 AM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For holiday tags, I punch a bunch of tags and throw them into an empty stamp case with some markers and stamps. Then I keep that box with me and work on tags whenever I can (waiting in my mom taxi, sitting at swim meets, watching TV). I also decorate small coin envelopes for gift cards and they're small enough to fit in my "to go box" too. I've even been known to spray shimmer spray in my stamp lap, but I wouldn't recommend that! For mass production I agree with cutting all the pieces ahead and keeping them in separate bags. Again if there's a colored piece I would stamp them all at the same time and then pop them into a box with the markers and work on them gradually. I'm a big fan of books on tape which makes the monotony of mass production more pleasant. When it comes time for assembly I find it easier to work around my dining room table laying the individual elements out in order from left to right and then moving down the line to complete them. My family sometimes helps (it was sweet family time making my DD's wedding invitations together-though they learned why I don't keep drinks on the table while making important cards!)
For me the hardest part is designing something simple enough to not be overwhelming!
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will admit to being an organized pre-purchaser which allows me to save money. I purchase red & green envelopes after the Christmas holidays when things go to half-price or less. I buy accessories/embellishments the same way throughout the year. That way when the holiday or event comes along I just have to look in my stash, not rush out and pay full price.
Cardstock Collector

To mass produce any project, create one sample of what you want the finished product to look like. Measure each of the pieces carefully, make careful notes about the cutting sizes and other products used, and gather ALL of your supplies. Cut cardstock pieces and store them labeled (I use a Post It Note) and sorted by kind (for example: all card bases, all of the first layer...) I prefer to store everything in one plastic tote. Now when you are ready to create all of the things you need are at your fingertips and all of the pieces are the perfect size. You won't waste valuable time running around looking for a punch or stamp that you have misplaced. I also love, love, love using the MISTI for stamping. The images are in the same place every time and you can reink ones that aren't dark enough. The MISTI not only saves time. It helps you save money by not wasting valuable supplies. Happy Stamping!

Last edited by vwcrawford; 09-28-2016 at 04:47 AM..
Rubber Obsessor

For boxes, notepad covers, etc., put your DSP on before you score and burnish unless your design requires you to do so after a thumb opening or ribbon beneath the DSP. It is easier to line the paper up straight before you manipulate it into the shape.