Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-18-2016, 05:51 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT391~January 19,2016~Round em up, head em out, keep them doggies movin

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #391

Round em up, Head em out, Keep Them Doggies Movin

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The Rest of the Story:

1: One milestone of growing up is the good ole summer job. We've all had them, kids have had them and will in the future. But Silly Lilly and Sober Sue weren't interested in the regular ole burger joint job. No, these two wanted something that would be more independent and they could make their own schedule. They wanted to make sure they had plenty of time for the pool in the afternoon, dragging Douglas in the evening and generally hanging out.

2: They went through so many different ideas that everyone around them was getting rather tired of the "idea of the day". But finally a TV show got them thinking. They would start a dog walking biz. How hard could that be?!?! They made lists of all the people they knew that had dogs that didn't get walked during the day while they were at work, dogs that just needed an extra walk to work off some energy, and dogs that needed to lose some weight. Then they made up flyers advertising their summer enterprise.

3: Requests came in fast and furious. Everyone was eager to have their precious pups get an extra bit of exercise. Silly Lilly and Sober Sue were thrilled that their idea was such a hit. They eagerly planned schedules based on where the owners lived and what route would be the most efficient by walking more than 1 dog at a time. They even made sure to keep the small dogs on one route and the big dogs on the other.

4: They stuffed doggie treats in their fanny packs and had extra leashes around their wastes and they were off on their first day as dog walkers. All was going well and the dogs were safely walked and arrived back home to the right houses on that first day. "YEA!!!" they cried. We are a success!!

5: The second day started off well and they were heading home with the smaller dogs when down the street rolled the local grocery delivery truck. Hanging off the back end was a loop of sausage that had fallen out of someone's bag and the dogs got one whiff of it and they were off like a team of sled dogs headed for the finish line. Silly Lilly lost her grasp on her leashes first and the dogs raced ahead while she flailed about in the large mud puddle she had landed in, and Sober Sue was trying to hang on to her bunch as they chased after the others. She was doing well until she looked back to check on Silly Lilly and tripped over her feet and down she went, with dogs scattering in every which direction.

6: Rut Roh!!! This could be a disaster. Someone quick, bring some treats to lure them back this way. This just may be a job for 42,000 teapotters. Surely we can round up a couple dozen dogs.

Challenge Translation:

Dogs of any size and color, doggie treats, squeaky toys, whatever you think we can use to round up these silly dogs. No cats or it's the back door for sure.

EPEC=extra points for extra cookies:

Encouraging scripture will get you some extra cookies

Destination Station:

This week our cards are going to San Antonio. If you would like a destination for your card, how about sending it to Sue. She was brought to our attention by a gal I work with.

To find out why as well as get the address to mail your card, please visit post 497 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT391 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Here is a quick link to the MMTPT391 challenge gallery

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT391~January 19,2016~Round em up, head em out, keep them doggies movin-22b39dfdb4d11de2d4e4b45250bac781.jpg   MMTPT391~January 19,2016~Round em up, head em out, keep them doggies movin-il_570xn.565568960_pgv4.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 01-18-2016 at 06:17 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2016, 06:55 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

Loyal Dog by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Here is mine, early I think as I seem to be first..I couldn't play last week but will do a catch up hopefully later in the week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2016, 08:04 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Paw Friends by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Here is my card and LOL guess we are the 3 musket-teers as no one else is with us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2016, 12:37 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

My second card this week Yay!

MMTPT391 for Sue by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2016, 04:19 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 364 Likes on 266 Posts

Sorry I'm late on this..here's my card for Sue...will mail tomorrow ;)

A Bright Hello
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2016, 06:29 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I finally got my card made - it's here:

MMTPT391 Pooped Pup by jodylb - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
QFTD 258
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2016, 07:07 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

OMG! how fun is this! I'm going to see if I can find some fun pooch stamps and play along...I think I have a Krafin' Kimmie one
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2016, 08:31 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Here is my card 4 Sue.

I have trouble finding dog images in my stamps. I was surprised I had this one! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2016, 07:29 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

Here is mine! I couldn't find the Kraftin Kimmie stamp I wanted but I did find a cute puppy online! I'll get it out in the mail today!

Hello Friend
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2016, 09:29 PM   #10  
Inking Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My first Teapot Tuesday entry and I'm an hour and 27 minutes late, LOL! I know there isn't really a deadline, but I did mean to get this done last week. Where does the time go? Anyway, hello to all and here is my doggie card.

MMTPT391 Scottie Love by ExtraHannah - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2016, 01:18 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Better late than never, here's a card for Sue Get Well by Covington Crafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes