Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-07-2015, 04:43 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Organizing cards: no ?, just procedure.

I am on the road to success in organizing my dungeon. Even have a co ordinating color scheme. Then I realized as a technique junkie i have tons of cards -- some uncompleted-- most without envelopes and packet after packet of things I stamped or cut and didnt use. So I took several days and evaluated the cards. I added a sentiment, bling and an interesting envelope treatment like lining or embossing, or stamping. I stamped "handmade" on the back and packaged them, then filed them according to catagory, " get Well""thank you", etc. I "completed" almost 300 partial cards and made usable cards that were just laying about.

The win -win was I needed four quick gifts and since a friend taught me via facetime how to make the cutest "purse" box that takes less than ten minutes that I could fill with a supply of my cards I had these gifts in no time.

Now I am committed to challenging myself to take cuts, stamped unused sentiments and scraps and sort them until they can become a card. I will use up the premade card bases and layers. I'm using up all that pretty, but too thin paper to line envelopes or make colored envelopes.

Win-win here is extra storage space to buy new stuff.

Since I make hundreds of cards to donate to various places each year, I should be able to get ahead of schedule while cleaning out boxes, bins, and drawers.

There is no question here, but I needed to tell someone and splitcoast stampers are the greatest plus you out there might just have some advice for this rainy days or too hot to go out days project.
Have a great creative day. Estamps.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2015, 05:01 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I've been something similar: I took some of the leftover scrapbooking items like vellum quotables and used the pretty floral and butterfly images, added patterned paper [remember those Provo Craft Bitty pads, I have hundreds of sheets of paper from these], cut some frames, labels, etc.. added Wink of Stella and gems and have a dozen or so cards ready for my stash or gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2015, 05:40 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Good for you. Doesnt all that unfinished stuff take so much extra room? Plus I hate to waste all those good cuts or stamped items. So many wrong color choices is a problem for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2015, 08:53 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

More true confessions for me, I guess... Kudos to those of you who finish cards - I just handed off my unfinished bits to a group that takes contributions in any state of completion and makes them usable! They were mostly card fronts, and I just couldn't be bothered to add them to a base and finish the inside (I know - how lazy can you get?!) Ah well, they went to a good cause and they're out of my space, so that counts, right?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2015, 08:43 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Estamps. Wow - you have inspired me. Great work to get so much done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2015, 10:36 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CopperkidsView Post
Estamps. Wow - you have inspired me. Great work to get so much done.
Me too!

I have a stack of cards that are mostly done, but because the card base is a dark color, they are unusable until I attach a lighter sheet on the inside. Duh...how long will that take? That is even the perfect project for when I just have 30 minutes or so to work on something. :rolleyes: Sometimes the amount of sheer laziness that runs through my veins is amazing!

Hang on. Let me overthink this.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2015, 10:40 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

We creative folk are like that. I sometimes get so many ideas, I finish nothing. That's why I gave myself the challege plus I bought some new cello bags and wanted to use them. Any little thing that inspires is GOOD!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2015, 08:23 PM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts

To the OP - congratulations, and wow! What an inspiration. I have TONS AND TONS of partially completed items and this is a good idea.

Sue... can you post or PM me this source? I could send TONS to this group and still have days worth to organize.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
More true confessions for me, I guess... Kudos to those of you who finish cards - I just handed off my unfinished bits to a group that takes contributions in any state of completion and makes them usable! They were mostly card fronts, and I just couldn't be bothered to add them to a base and finish the inside (I know - how lazy can you get?!) Ah well, they went to a good cause and they're out of my space, so that counts, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2015, 06:10 AM   #9  
Inking Addict

I read stuff at this forum and I'm like OMG me, too...yes, yes...you know what I go through - how absolutely amazing. It is fabulous to know I am not the only lazy bum LOL.

Although I am lazy enough to not bother with scraps..I just put them all in a huge bag and then give them to a friend who crafts and she loves me off for that lol. I make sure I put in big enough scrap pieces as well so she can have some fun. I have too much paper LOL.

You mean you gals put light colored cardstock inside dark cards? :o I just expect the person to use white or metallic gel pens to write. Now who can beat being that lazy LOL ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2015, 06:04 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

I have a UFO box that I pull down when I can't think of a project to work on. Sometimes taking a second look at a project after a hiatus lets you see things in a different way. It feels good to finish things and move them out of that box.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2015, 07:23 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Great idea. I must try to do that. My best ideas come when cleaning off my work table because Im too lazy to put extra cuts or images away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2015, 05:00 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Default Purse box

I received a PM about the "purse box" . I tried answering and after typing the instructions git an error saying the person could not be found. I hope this will reach her and anyone wanting instructions. I did my first one with removable tape and ugly paper as a template. Once you see how its done, they take less than ten minutes. Im ocd so i measured and scored instead of just folding, but eyeballing folds works.

12x12 DP. Heavy ( redline) tape 1/4" wide. Decorations your choice.

Cut 1" and 2" off sheet. Cut 2" in half. Handle and sides.
Match 9" top ends together and gently pinch not fold to mark center at bottom.
Gently pinch two side cuts in center at bottom.
Match center pinches and tape to inside and fold up and crease. Box shape should be apparent.
Fold a V from 1/2" at top of each side of 2" side down to center pinch. Add tape to straight edges. Tape . Repeat other side. Keep or cut top over hang. Add handle.
Trim as desired.
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing cards: no ?, just procedure.-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2015, 05:05 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

Default Purse box

Am trying to get more than one thumbnail. Not working. Need help.
Attached Thumbnails
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2015, 05:07 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Default Pursebox

Front shot of ideas.
Attached Thumbnails
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2015, 06:27 AM   #15  
Crimping Master

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErumView Post
You mean you gals put light colored cardstock inside dark cards? :o I just expect the person to use white or metallic gel pens to write. Now who can beat being that lazy LOL ;-)
I'm the same
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2015, 10:45 AM   #16  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Hi Can you please pm me the address of this group? I've got some things to send! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2015, 12:14 PM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

Thank You so much for posting pictures and instructions for the purse.
They are adorable. Love them and I will try to make it. So much Appreciate you for taking the time to do this. Blessings!

Last edited by Bugasboo; 09-17-2015 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: corrected wording
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2015, 12:31 PM   #18  
Kookie Creator

Just ask if you need more instruction. Make one with scrap paper as a template. Hopefully it will be easy yo see how it goes together. Glad this finally got to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2015, 02:07 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewsewView Post
Hi Can you please pm me the address of this group? I've got some things to send! Thanks!
I can't really do that, since I don't even know the name of the group, lol! I would just take my stash to my SU! demo and she'd pass it along to her friend who was involved in the group. lindylou1220 was my contact person - you might want to PM her to see what she knows...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2015, 07:14 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

estamps, thank you soo sooo much for the instructions and pictures of the purses. they are so cute!

for past week, i have been looking in various threads on this forum, thinking "where did i see those purse instructions" so i can PM the person and get pictures and more instructions!

thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2015, 05:37 AM   #21  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Love2Craft

Funny I came across this thread since I am going on a weekend craft trip in November and I was going to take all my swaps and finish them as Christmas gifts this year. I was even contemplating on buying the MISTI or the STAMP PRESS for the weekend to quickly add sentiments. Love to hear I am not the only one who has stash like I do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2016, 05:30 PM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I have one of those plastic accordion file folders that has 13 pockets. I keep items in there that I've played around making--such as trying out a new die, a new technique, etc. I have embossed toppers, die cuts in various colors and shapes, fabric cut flowers using a die, rosettes, spiral flowers, just a variety of items in this plastic pocket folder.

As far as having half made cards--no, they are all completed and they are in a large fabric covered box my mom gave me. The box is 14" long, 10" wide and 6" tall, and it has a lid topper to it. I have all my regular greeting cards organized by theme in there. I made a cardstock divider to make 2 sections lengthwise. Then I made file tab folders using my 123 Punch board. The lid stays off this box since the card tabs are taller than the box. The themes I have are: Blank (inside), Birthday, Congrats, Friend, Hello, Male, Thanks and Thinking of you. This box only has the standard A2 card size or smaller in it. I have another box that holds larger cards, but they are laid down in the box. There aren't that many of the non standard size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2016, 10:32 AM   #23  
Kookie Creator

I store my finished cards in the photo boxes found at Ms (bought on sale) by type Male Birthday, Thank you etc. I sell my cards in two locations so I am always making cards and like to be ahead of the game when the locations request more cards. Between classes, locations and my Christmas markets it does keep me busy but not as organized as I should be. It is a work in progress. As a creative person being messy when I craft is the downside. Congrats on all of you getting organized.
Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2016, 11:26 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have come up with a quick fix for this at my house. I do a lot of swapping and sometimes the bases are too dark. I have cut approximately 12-15 sheets of white, cream, light gray CS 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".
I keep them in a sleeve and when I get a card that has a dark base, I am able to reach in and grab the most appropriate color (depending upn which would match best) and add it to the inside of the card base.

Sometimes I will even allow the dark cards to accumulate and then take my stack of cards and the pre-cut inserts to teh family rooma nd assemble them while watching TV with my family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NerdyBethView Post
Me too!

I have a stack of cards that are mostly done, but because the card base is a dark color, they are unusable until I attach a lighter sheet on the inside. Duh...how long will that take? That is even the perfect project for when I just have 30 minutes or so to work on something. :rolleyes: Sometimes the amount of sheer laziness that runs through my veins is amazing!
Reply With Quote Likes