Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-23-2015, 08:15 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 566 Likes on 453 Posts
Default HAPPY Master Challenge Thread - NO CHATTER. Post in order of challenges! :)

Here's where all the challenges will be posted in order as they go live!

Last edited by LuvLee; 05-02-2015 at 05:11 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts
Default HAPPY Master Challenge Thread - NO CHATTER. Post in order of challenges! :)

Challenge Title: Paperless Flowers
Hostess: Lee (LuvLee)
Keyword: JUN15VSNMINI1

Are you all HAPPY for the next VSN??? Are you HAPPY to have some stampy time??? Our HAPPY theme has so many varied and fun challenges coming your way!!!

Flowers make me very happy!! Especially my favorite...the columbine!! It's my State flower and I had them in my wedding bouquet!! So my challenge is for you to use a flower or flowers ...... BUT........... here's the twist:

ABC PAPERLESS FLOWERS.....yep that's right....so this won't be a card...it's an ABC challenge.....anything but a card!!!! It doesn't have to be too intimidating I promise! Think about using anything with a flat surface that you can stamp on. Coasters, candles, flower pots, photo frames, material, canvas, wooden embellishments, suede, felt, chipboard, glass, ribbon, acetate, shrinky dink plastic, etc. You have a week to complete the challenge so if you're inspired by an idea of something that you don't have you have time to do a little shopping!

Now before some of you panic, I'll allow a tag or bookmark if you truly aren't able to stamp on anything other than paper.....but just don't make a card! ;) You can stamp the flowers, make ribbon flowers or material ones, paint some flowers, be creative! Here's my project:

I bought this tiny easel set at Michael's and stamped my beloved columbine from one of my favorite Gina K sets. I stamped it in StazOn and then used my Copics to "faux paint" keeping it a little blurred to look more watercolor-like. I think it looks fun for little hostess gift or pick-me-up. Now off you go....have fun with this!

View the Gallery for This Challenge HERE
View the Happy Gallery HERE
View the Happy Gallery Master Challenge Thread HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P.M. EST ON Saturday, May 16th.
2. You have 1 hour to complete this challenge, but you do not have to count prep time!
3. We have a special gallery for the Happy VSN.
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose I Treasure You - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN15VSNMINI1 when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thank you for playing!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2015, 05:29 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,179 Likes on 1,817 Posts
Default JUN15VSNMINI2 ~ Friday, May 8 - 7 P.M. EST ~ Thank You for Happiness!

Challenge Title: Thank You for Happiness
Hostess: annsforte3 (Ann)
Keyword: JUN15VSNMINI2
Date: Friday, May 8, 2015 7 PM EST

Hello everyone and welcome to the Happy VSN! Glad you could join us on our Happy challenges!

Happy to me means the little things in life that we should all take the time to enjoy. The quote below says it all!

"Understand that dealing with life is really a matter of personal choice. So choose to be happy,
find joy in the simplest things and see beauty in each person you meet!" (Rascal Flatts)

So my challenge for you today is to find the beauty in a friend or family member and give them a compliment!
Thank them for making YOU HAPPY!!

Can't wait to see how you thank your friends/family for making you happy!! If you would like please share with us whom you are thanking and the reason!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P.M. EST ON Saturday, May 16th.
2. You have 1 hour to complete this challenge, but you do not have to count prep time!
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Happy - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN15VSNMINI2 when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thank you for playing!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JUN15VSNMINI2, annsforte3, Brighter Because of You!.jpg (151.0 KB, 9 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 01:51 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 368 Likes on 286 Posts

Challenge Title: Happy Dance
Hostess: Brenda (aka tessaduck)
Keyword: JUN15VSNA
Date: Friday, June 12, 2015 6 P. M. EST

I love to dance! Any form, but particularly country line dancing. Every Tuesday night a few friends get together for about an hour and a half of dances, learning a new one frequently, and enjoying the oldies. Appropriate, since most of us are oldies! Here's what I love about it: It's physical (fun exercise). It's social. It's a little bit silly and forgiving, as we all flub up from time to time. It keeps me alert (I call it algebra that I can do with my feet). Mostly, it makes me happy.

The challenge here is to represent a happy dance on a card or project.

I did two A1 samples, using dancing frogs. I used to collect frogs... I also attached Lisa's very lovely card. Not a frog.

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P.M. EST ON Saturday, June 20.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Happy - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN15VSNA when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dance anyway.jpg (58.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg a leotard.jpg (34.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg a top hat.jpg (46.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg lisa.jpg (49.3 KB, 8 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 07:39 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 283 Likes on 183 Posts

Challenge Title: Clap Along (if you feel like Stampin's what you wanna do!)
Hostess: Kim aka berlycece
Keyword: JUN15VSNB
Date: Fri, June 12th, 7:00 PM, EST

Hey Stamping Friends!!

Like many of you, when I saw the VSN theme was "Happy" my mind went to Pharrell's song right away! It is so upbeat, fun, and well...HAPPY!

Here are the lyrics from the refrain:

"Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do"

Inspired by those words, I think we should Clap along if stamping, embossing, painting, and crafting is what you wanna do!

Here's the challenge: Incorporate HANDS in your project. This could be praying hands, baby hand prints, hands on a piano, even Jazz hands! :mrgreen: If you do not have any hand stamps, consider tracing your own or your child's. Maybe even ink up your hand, and use it as a stamp!

I am looking forward to seeing what you create! Your projects will surely make me HAPPY!

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P.M. EST ON Saturday, June 20th.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Happy- it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN15VSNB when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your project is seen. Thank you for playing!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JUN15VSNB Twins.jpg (42.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg VSNholdingon_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (72.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 6_12_15_JUN15VSNB_Clap_Along_by_Shoe_Girl.jpg (50.8 KB, 5 views)
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 10:57 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

Challenge Title: You Are My Happy!
Hostess: Sue (aka gregzgurl)
Keyword: JUN15VSNC
Date: Friday, June 12, 8 P.M. EST

When I first saw that the theme for this VSN was HAPPY, I immediately thought of this phrase: "You are my happy!" Many of the sentiments I own have to do with happy, and this is one of my faves! We all have someone in our lives that we feel this way about, right? Or two or six or fifteen? My challenge is to make that someone a card and tell them! Virtual bonus points if you tell them WHY...

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN15VSNC when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your card is seen. Thank you for playing!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg You Are My Happy_6_15.jpg (65.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Smile All Over.jpg (54.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by gregzgurl; 06-13-2015 at 08:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 03:28 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 830 Likes on 584 Posts

Challenge Title: Happy Days!
Hostess: Lisa (aka Shoe Girl)
Keyword: JUN15VSND
Date: Friday, June 12, 9 P.M. EST

Hello everyone and welcome to the Happy VSN! Glad you could join us on our Happy challenges!

When I think of Happy Days I hear the song from the great TV show Happy Days that followed the Cunningham family through the 1950s with help and guidance from the lovable and almost superhuman greaser, Fonzie played by Henry Winkler.

So my challenge for you today is to create a 1950s themed card.

Here is a link to my card:
Happy Birthday 50s Style

Can't wait to see how the 1950s inspires your card.

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN15VSND when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your card is seen. Thank you for playing!!

Here are a couple of examples from Ann and Stacy a couple of our very creative challenge hostess:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Anns card.jpg (140.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png VSNstandards_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.png (475.3 KB, 6 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 03:46 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Received 566 Likes on 453 Posts
Default JUN15VSNE ~ Saturday, June 13, 12pm EST ~ Bee Happy!

Challenge Title:Bee Happy!
Hostess: Misti (aka Scraperwannabe)
Keyword: JUN15VSNE
Date: Saturday, June 13, 12 P.M. EST

My challenge is to include a bee somewhere on your project.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE [www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?si=JUN15VSNE&x=24&y=9]HERE[/url]

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P.M. EST ON Saturday, June 20.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN15VSNE when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg vsnbeehappymjo.JPG (160.8 KB, 3 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2015, 02:20 AM   #9  
Swap Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default JUN15VSNF ~ Saturday, June 13, 1pm EST ~ Choose Happiness

Challenge Title:Choose Happiness Daily
Hostess: Sassy (Joan7356)
Keyword: JUN15VSNF
Date: Saturday, June 13, 1 P.M. EST

"I am in charge of how I feel and today I choose happiness." ~ unknown

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." ~ Groucho Marx

"Deep down inside she knew that the choice was hers - so she chose happiness" ~Queenisms

My challenge for you today: So often when happy events occur you see confetti, streamers, balloons. For this challenge you will make a shaker card with the theme of "Choose Happiness Daily". Something that when you or anyone else looks at it a smile and sense of happiness comes over them. Fill that shaker with confetti, sequins, etc. A "Happy" sentiment should be included.

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P.M. EST ON Saturday, June 16th.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN15VSNF when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6050028.jpg (59.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-31-2015, 05:03 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts
Default JUN15VSNG ~ Saturday, June 13, 2 pm EST ~ The Bluebird of Happiness by LuvLee

Challenge Title: The Bluebird of Happiness
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: JUN15VSNG
Date: Saturday, June 13, 2 P.M. EST

Yes...remember the Bluebird of Happiness??!!! Well this challenge is all about the blue....or the bird....or both!! It's up to you!! You can make a card featuring the color blue.....or a bird....or a bluebird!!! Whatever makes you...........wait for it.............HAPPY!!!!!!! LOL

You can view this gallery HERE
You can view the Happy VSN Gallery HERE
You can view the Happy Master Challenge Thread HERE

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN15VSNG when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: png VSNHappyBlue_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.png (607.1 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2015, 07:57 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Default JUN15VSNH ~ Saturday, June 13 - 3:00 P.M. EST ~ Bake Up Some Happiness!

Challenge Title: Bake Up Some Happiness
Hostess: annsforte3 (Ann)
Keyword: JUN15VSNH
Date: Saturday, June 13, 3 P.M. EST

Happiness to me means something that when I wake up in the morning I really can't wait to do! Of course, we all know that is card making at SCS. But what about the other part of our lives? I am a baker and cake decorator and I receive joy over the perfectly baked cake or cheesecake that is well presented by my skill as a decorator. Also, when that product is eaten and enjoyed by others!
So my challenge to you is to BAKE UP any bakery item on a card to make a friend or family member happy!

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN15VSNH when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your card is seen.

Thank you to Stacy and Lisa for their gorgeous sample cards!!
Thank you for playing!!
Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2015, 08:01 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Default JUN15VSNI ~ Saturday, June 13 - 4:00 P.M. EST ~ Happy Together

Challenge Title: Happy Together
Hostesses: annsforte3 (Ann), tessaduck (Brenda), Joan7356 (Joan or Sassy), berlycece (Kim), LuvLee (Lee), Shoe Girl (Lisa), Scraperwannabe (Misti), gregzgurl (Sue), JBgreendawn (Stacy)
Keyword: JUN15VSNI
Date: Saturday, June 13, 2015 4 PM EST

So glad you could join us tonight for Happy VSN! We are a very happy group of individuals here that host the VSN Challenges! We work together, give each other support, and love card challenges. Of course all of us have special interests that are our go to items or techniques when we are stamping.

So for our Happy Together challenge each of us has an item that we love to do or add to our cards that you must incorporate into your card. Use all of the items happily together on your cards!

The challenge is to use or do all of the following items on your card in some form:

annsforte3 aka Ann - use some kind of stencil on your card
tessaduck aka Brenda - use sponging on your card
Joan7356 aka Joan (Sassy) - a stamped image
berlycece aka Kim - use ribbon
LuvLee aka Lee - use the color, PINK!!!! (Total shock, right?)
Shoe Girl aka Lisa - use some sparkle
Scraperwannabe aka Misti - use some form of coloring
gregzgurl aka Sue - Make the card square!
JBgreendawn aka Stacy - use foam dimensionals

We can't wait to see what you come up with!!

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN15VSNI when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2015, 05:46 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts
Default JUNVSN15J ~ Saturday June 13th - 5 PM EST ~ your Happy Place by JBgreendawn

Challenge Title: Go to your Happy Place
Hostess: JBgreendawn (Stacy)
Keyword: JUN15VSNJ
Date: Saturday June 13th 2015

It's a funny kind of a thing but, most the simple things make me happiest. and with that thought in mind if you have been playing along this weekend by now you have accumulated a pile of scraps. ( even if you have cleaned up already) chances are if you cut into a piece of printed paper or made some flowers or who knows there just may be extras in your happy place. ( which is how I think of my studio) so, for this challenge. Yes, I know some of you have already guessed it by now. I've done variations of this over the years. go to your happy place. and create one more thing. ( anything you would like to do) but, the catch is you need to include at least one "scrap" or left over item that you can say, this is the scrap of the background I made for so and so's Happy VSN Challenge. and yep, you can include more if you like but, your minimum is 1 item. have fun & repeat as necessary. you know, it may be a fun thing to include a snap shot of your before table space before you begin this challenge and post it to this thread... Here is mine:

b) From the Sub-gallery drop down list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery drop down list choose Happy - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN15VSNJ when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

I would really like to thank my fabulous sample makers

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes