Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Glue Ever Opinions? Please :)

Hi everyone

Still searching for a glue/adhesive that makes me happy LOL
One for the layers
I have *Stick-It* for detail dies and my electronic cutter, but for all the other paper, say for layering or framing etc. I have not been over the top yet.

I have read a lot of posts about adhesives but have not found info about this glue.

I see it used in YouTube vids but they never comment on it while using it LOL

Any of you have an opinion or review of it?
Thank you!
Sherri
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 03:52 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever is WONDERFUL! I especially like that I can get tiny drops of glue if I want to for narrow die cuts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 04:00 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Arlene,
Thank you! You know how it is, we want real life tests LOL Lots of videos but all from ScrpPerfect
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 04:12 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm not sure which glue you're asking about, but is it possibly Zip Dry? I have seen this used quite a bit on YouTube, especially for 3D items. I like it because it gives you a little wiggle room to get something placed just right. However, I've had several bottles dry out on me before they were used up. Recently, the bottle was still 2/3 full; I'm very careful about putting the cap back on it. So for that reason, I rarely use it. I have found one I like better called Fabri-Tac, made by Beacon. It's fairly expensive in comparison to some other glues, but it's worth every penny.

For layers, framing, etc., I use my ATG. For tiny diecuts, I use Ranger Multi Medium Matte; I put it in a Fineline applicator bottle, which keeps the glue from drying in the nozzle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 04:48 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I have used Zip Dry for a long time and LOVE IT. You do have to cap it immediately but it's worth the effort.
I bought Best Glue Ever after reading a recommendation from a well-known card blogger, and was immediately disappointed. It makes the paper 'wet'....I don't know how else to describe it. The paper gets wavy and takes a long time to dry. Went back to my Zip Dry right away, I haven't even used up one bottle of Best Glue Ever, because it's not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 04:52 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've tried lots of liquid adhesives that were highly recommended. Some were pretty pricey, too.

I have decided my favorite is the tried and true Tombow Mono-Multi in the green and white bottle. I use it for anything small that I can't easily use my ATG gun for. I've also had success using a tiny dot of Mono-Multi to attach rhinestones that aren't self adhesive.

I have a Zig glue pen that I use for super-tiny stuff, like the die cut words and sentiments.

I also have a funny quirk that I don't want to get "hooked" on anything that is not easy to obtain and buy again. If I run out, I want to be able to go right then and get more. I hate having to order something special that you can only find at a few places. Tombow is readily available at most of the big box stores.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 04:55 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

uncbballfan,
Thank you for the reply The name is actually *Best Glue Ever* LOL I just read a post from Jenny (CraftTest Dummies) and it was hit and miss. Great for using foil, glitter ect b/c it gets tacky when *dry*.

I had the exact same problems with Zip-Dry! I still have a bottle, 2/3 full as well, but it is SO stringy and hard to get out that I don't know why I don't throw it out LOL Like a lot of other glues I have tried I think that if I run out of a favorite (when I find it!) I can use them for an emergency.

I have used Fabri-Tac for sewing/applique things. I honestly don't care if a glue is expensive if it does what I want, I mean, having things stay put and without wrinkles is worth it.

I do have the Multi Medium Matte as well, since I watch Jennifer McGuire but have not used it yet. I am just getting started (only made 4 cards so far in the past 2 years...gathering supplies for that long!) but tried a different glue on those 4 cards b/c I was not happy with what I had LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 05:02 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftwiseView Post
uncbballfan,
Thank you for the reply The name is actually *Best Glue Ever* LOL I just read a post from Jenny (CraftTest Dummies) and it was hit and miss. Great for using foil, glitter ect b/c it gets tacky when *dry*.

I had the exact same problems with Zip-Dry! I still have a bottle, 2/3 full as well, but it is SO stringy and hard to get out that I don't know why I don't throw it out LOL Like a lot of other glues I have tried I think that if I run out of a favorite (when I find it!) I can use them for an emergency.

I have used Fabri-Tac for sewing/applique things. I honestly don't care if a glue is expensive if it does what I want, I mean, having things stay put and without wrinkles is worth it.

I do have the Multi Medium Matte as well, since I watch Jennifer McGuire but have not used it yet. I am just getting started (only made 4 cards so far in the past 2 years...gathering supplies for that long!) but tried a different glue on those 4 cards b/c I was not happy with what I had LOL
If you don't have an ATG gun, I would highly recommend looking into getting one. I think it's the absolute best way to adhere layers and card fronts. I used liquids for a year or so and thought they worked well, but the ATG puts them to shame. Whatever liquid glue I used always seemed to affect the paper, and I could always see little dimples and imperfections, even when the glue had dried. You don't have that at all with the ATG gun and tape.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Harvest Moon~~ Hi, Do you do something special that keeps it from becoming...*dried*? More like stringy and gummy, like just before glue gun glue dries. Hard to explain! lol. But I kept my cap on tight, always...I made sure the nozzle was clean and not glue sticking in or around it.

How do you store yours? I did notice that it did not wrinkle thinner paper like the others when I did my own testing, but here it sits in a weird dried out way.

Let us know how you do it! LOL

**buggainok ~~ Hi
That is what I have now...used it on my last card but it is so wet I was afraid it will wrinkle with some projects. I see MANY YouTubers use it so many do like it. Does the wetness of it wrinkle thinner paper though?

I have the multi medium but have not used it YET lol. I hope to get to crafting next week! Really looking forward to it and wanted to have the adhesive thing settled first

I agree about waiting, and when I find the right glue for me for now I will buy a bunch of it LOL I will love using the *Stick-It* when die cutting and electronic cutting intricate pieces.

Thank you again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 05:13 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Bugga!!
LOL, I HAVE to be honest...I got one of the *Glider Pros* (not the big ATG) because it seemed a good thing and I saw videos LOL.

Well, even that one is way too big for me! Don't know what is wrong with me, but it felt just too big, and I practiced with it for a couple of days to be sure it was me and not the tape runner . So...as much as I would love to use one, it would be too cumbersome for me. Maybe once I become better at techniques in general I will change!

I would like to use Scor-Tape, but worry about not being able to have a little wiggle room while I am just starting out, you know, to line things up well. *blush*.

I want to like something as much as you do! LOL I'll find it thanks to everyone here helping so much. Maybe I will even get out that Pro Glide and give it another go....it's only paper, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 05:45 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I have purchased and used most every glue ever made. Best Glue Ever was my most recent purchase made 3+ months ago. The more I use it, the less I use and the better I like it. Huh? What I mean is that it is the best of my collection of glue. It takes so little and the smaller the amount I use the better it works. It is sticky and strong and just a tiny dot or smear is adequate. I've made well over 100 layered cards since I've had it and have yet to finish the bottle. It doesn't dry up or get gunky in the bottle as I have experienced with Zip Dry and FabriTac. I found Best Glue Ever at a good price online at Walmart and had it delivered to my nearest store to avoid paying shipping.
For me it is "The Best Glue" ever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 06:13 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Loyce
Maybe that has been the problem...people using too much of this particular glue?
Interesting and a good thing to know!

I know Jenny from Craft Test Dummies could not do quilling with it, but I think quilling needs a special type anyway to do it best.

She loved it for doing things where you let it set...it gets and stays tacky until covered with something (maybe that is why it does not dry out? Formulated to stay sticky after it sets up?) and she used glitter, foil and some other things and loved it for that.

Thank you for letting us know!
Sherri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Sherri, I notice that you said you have made very few cards in several years. I expect that's why your Zip Dry is bad. I go through about a bottle per month or more often. I make at least one card per day, often 3 or 4 if I'm on a roll. The directions say to put the original cap back on after use. I rarely do that, but make sure the pointed cap is on tight. The pointed 'spouts' are made differently inside and some dispense the glue better than others. I will often save a good spout and use on the next bottle. If a spout is a bit rough inside, I will have to clean out the tip with a straight pin or paperclip to open it.
The glue does get thicker as you get near the bottom of the bottle, and there is no thinner (chemical) made for this product, but I can usually get down to 1/4" in the bottom before it's unusable.
I REALLY like that you can roll it off with your finger if it oozes out at the edges, Mono Multi will not do that, and even gets dirty looking if you try. I haven't used Best Glue Ever enough to try that.
I also have an ATG but I think it wastes tape and it's unwieldy. I much prefer Scotch double faced tape, so I can cut the exact length I want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 10:17 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I am loving my ATG more and more after seeing the crazy prices on small tape runners. When did the prices get so high? I went to buy some small tape runners this weekend and had sticker shock. I do have two guns. I use the tape all the time without the gun. ATG tape is my favorite for dry adhesive.

I do love Mono Multi but if you have a latex allergy Mono Multi is one to be cautious about.

Scotch Quick Dry is a great glue. I use a lot of Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue. I love the Scotch Permanent Glue Sticks.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 03:42 AM   #15  
Kookie Creator

I don't like glues that stay tacky when dry because I am a messy crafter and end up with my project sticking to everything!

My favorites wet glues so far are Ranger Matte Medium and Aleene's Tacky Glue.

Lesley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 03:57 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I saw this link on Pinterest earlier, and remembered this thread. I thought it might be useful.
All you want to know about craft adhesives.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 06:11 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Another vote for Aleene's Tacky. I use it about 99% of the time, and have done for about ten years. My one says Original Hi-Tack All Purpose Very Sticky, and I love it.
I only don't use it for very thin paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 04:45 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Fast Fuse

My go to adhesive now is Fast Fuse from Stampin' Up! I have an ATG and like it but the size is too big. I am a messy crafter and no matter how big my work space is, I always end up with a small footprint to work on. The ATG always ended up on the floor and the size of the Fuze makes it much more convenient and it works just as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 04:58 AM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Tombo multi is my fave all-time glue!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 09:30 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Still happy with Best Glue Ever but might have to give Fuze a try. I have a big craft studio but work myself into stamping in a postage size space too. Amazing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 01:02 PM   #21  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I now suspect that the hunt for "best crafting glue ever" will be interminable for me! I got Zip Dry after seeing the video where the crafter poured a thick coat on and it still didn't wrinkle paper, and that was one of my major problems with wet glue. It really works and it's an amazing glue for paper � if you can get it out of the nozzle! I called the company and they said you can thin it with turpentine. Plus the nozzle clogs every single time. I don't want hassle like that.

Mono Multi is a very good "sticky" glue but you can't use too much or it gets wrinkly/messy. Sobo craft glue is excellent for embellishments but it's messy and hard to get out of the bottle eventually. Just bought Aleene's Super Thick Tacky Glue for embellishments and should have paid attention when it said "super thick" as that means it will never come out of the bottle! When will I learn!

I have a disability so ATG guns are too big and bulky for me to hold (if someone can suggest a smaller lighter one that really works, I would be appreciative) and I've discovered that small tape runner refills are ridiculously expensive! I'm using Glue Dots strips now for dry adhesive and it's inexpensive, less messy and holds very well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #22  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ATTN poppydarling

I found the ATG unwieldy and the Glue Glider Pro costly in terms of refills. So, I was thrilled to find the Xyron Mega Runner. Here is a link to the product page on the manufacturer website:

https://www.xyron.com/en-US/Products...r-_0701-05-00/

I have not seen the 1/2" refills in stores (mostly Michael's, sometimes A.C. Moore and, less frequently, Joann's). However, the 1/4" is easy to find at those stores.

HSN has craft shows coming up (Monday, I think) so perhaps they'll feature this in a bundle. I got mine either from HSN or one of the deal-a-day websites. I don't remember what I paid otherwise I'd share it here. Try HSN, Walmart (online), amazon, scrapbook.com for starters.

Refills are $9.99 but I use a coupon (to get one) or stock up when adhesives are on sale so I usually pay about $6 for 100 feet!

A friend's mother found it easy to hold (she is elderly and does not like either the ATG or the Glue Glider Pro). She did not actually use it but I find it as easy to use as the smaller ones (I.e. Tombow or SU's S.N.A.I.L.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 06:57 PM   #23  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDeeView Post
I found the ATG unwieldy and the Glue Glider Pro costly in terms of refills. So, I was thrilled to find the Xyron Mega Runner. Here is a link to the product page on the manufacturer website...
A friend's mother found it easy to hold (she is elderly and does not like either the ATG or the Glue Glider Pro). She did not actually use it but I find it as easy to use as the smaller ones (I.e. Tombow or SU's S.N.A.I.L.)
Thank you! I had considered that one but it got mixed reviews on Amazon (but then you can't always go by those anyway). If I can find one on sale, I think I'll give it a go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 03:26 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Best Glue Ever is just what it says.... THE BEST GLUE EVER .. it has a micro tip so you can get teenie tiny drops for sequins, pearls, all the tiniest embellies and once its down.... its down! Its thick, almost like a thick gel! I use my ATG for layering and things like that, but for small pieces... this is the BOMB!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 04:02 AM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I totally agree with everything that lylacfey said.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 07:52 AM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

The best glue is the one that is closest to me . Seriously, there are different glues for different applications. For paper-to-paper, I use an ATG gun or Mod Podge. For rhinestones and other embellishments, I use GemTac. I like Glossy Accents, but mostly use it to get a raised glossy surface. If I'm away from home, I carry glue sticks. It just depends on the application and convenience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 05:21 PM   #27  
Cardstock Collector

I vote for Lineco. I purchased it at one of the big art supply houses on line. It works like a charm, dries flat, holds beautifully. It grips quickly and a little goes a long way. I use it for all of my paper to paper projects. Holds strong enough yet flexible for 3d crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes