Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-28-2014, 08:58 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That's it !!! No more buying for me!!!

My stamping/scrapbooking "room" has been in the basement for years. And since my knee injury (Jan 2012) I haven't been down there much at all since I still have some issues going up/down the stairs.

Well, my son decided to move his bedroom down there and move all of my craft stuff up into his old bedroom. SCORE!!! Now, I'll be able to get in there any time I want without having to worry about those dang stairs.

So I was in there for a few hours today organizing every thing and getting it all set up the way I want it. Holy tons of craft stuff Batman!!! I guess I never really paid much attention to what I have and what I really need to use, instead of buying more stuff. I did get a text from my son when he was moving everything upstairs that went a little something like this: "the amount of crap that you have is insane" Well, after going through everything yesterday, I just might have to agree with him. :oops:

So I am putting myself on a spending freeze for quite some time and I'm going to use up some of the stuff that I have and see how it goes. (aside from the 2 things that I asked for, for Christmas) I want the MISTI and the rest of the Scrapbook Generation Scrapbook/Card Making sketch books to complete my collection. Other than those two things, there will be no more cardstock, paper packs, embellishments, Stampin Up, etc.

And now that I'm able to go in my room anytime I want, I think I'll be able to bang out my Christmas cards and get going on my scrapbooks. Whoo-Hoooooooo!!!!

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2014, 09:39 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Yeah - when you have to move stuff (be it upstairs or across the country ;)) it's very eye-opening. I didn't want to haul most of mine so I sold it/gave it away. I still have too much! I won't be buying paper any time soon, but I did cave and get a few more Stacey Yacula stamps from Purple Onion Designs holiday sale this morning...

I'm so happy for you that you'll be able to craft any time you want! Not having to go up and down stairs will be wonderful for you, I'm sure. Oh - and I concur with your Christmas wish list...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

We completely re-floored the entire house in Sept 2013...it was worse than moving....it was at that time it hit me how much, too much stuff I have. Been trying to purge. Had a craft garage sale too. I still have way too much!
Blessings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2014, 12:51 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

The amount of stuff grows so easily .

If you just buy 5 small things a month, and never dispose of anything in a year you will have 60 things , in 6 years you will have 360 things or in 10 years you will have 600 things :shock:

Imagine if you bought 10 or more things each month and never disposed of any of it .

I put myself on a strict craft product diet a year ago . I know the layout of the craft stores where I shop and I try to go directly to the area where the item I came to buy is located . Then I walk as fast as possible to the check out counter without looking at anything else . I also do not take a cart or basket I can carry the one or two items that I came to buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2014, 02:59 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Despite constantly telling myself I have far more stamps than I will ever use, I always find at least one 'must have it' stamp a week!Pinterest, E-bay, promotional e-mails- get thee behind me Satan! I'm not much of a DP user, so have loads of packs and pads that are not going down, I think I cornered the world market in Mulberry paper when that was all the rage. Don't even ask how many sheets of peel-offs I passed to my DIL for her and the grandkids crafting. Literally hundreds. I could go on, when I moved rooms a couple of years ago, I purged so much stuff its unbelieveable,yet I still have stuff thats unused. Lets just face it, we're a lost cause!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2014, 12:38 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I had a big clean out in my craft room, I have been buying for 20 years and never let anything go, so I decided to sell the things I didn't use, it was hard at first, now I have some extra money and more space, I feel good. I'm loving this decluttered look, I have more space to make cards and I can find stuff, love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

I love using my stash up.. Right now I'm punching through beautiful dsp that I got on vacation in Washington state. I'm using it for work. I work for a family agency and I'm putting on a family fun night Tuesday night.

One of the stations is make a card for a relative or friend. The kids will be from 1 1/2 yrs to about second grade. I'll have a pile of punched shapes and the can glue and create till their hearts content. This is very heavy, beautiful dsp. But I know I will never use it for any of my card making.

I just started a thread on finding four year old tinsel garland in my stash that will be just perfect for my Christmas cards. Yes, I hang on to stuff, but I also love using it up for the right project.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 05:40 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Other than some markers that I bought last week used that are on their way, I'm on a serious spending freeze until end of winter. The only thing I will buy are what I call perishables, mainly tape or glue. I've been really good.

I don't need anything anyway. All of my wants I've gotten recently. I just have to stop WANTING everything!! lol

You can do it. If I can, I know anyone can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 09:26 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got into beading with making beaded spiders this fall. I consolidated my ancient bead supplies and tools from the 1960's and bought one Isis scrapbook box to hold everything. Kept an old cigar box that fits in the new box. Have no idea where that came from since neither of my parents ever smoked! I want to keep everything in that one Isis container, wish me luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

oh I know! moving from the UK to Canada and having to manifest everything for customs...box after box after box, we had movers packing for us and the comment was, what is all this 'stuff' ...silly movers they stopped complaining about my craft supplies when they starting boxing my shoes lol!
Reply With Quote Likes