Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #1  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
BCRibbon Hope You Can Cling To FAQ

Got questions? We may have answered them here!

Q: Where do I upload?
A: To the HYCCT gallery for the current year - Events & Special Collections > Hope You Can Cling To > Hope You Can Cling To 20XX. Uploading to the wrong gallery can affect prize eligibility as we do all drawings based on this gallery. Please check and make sure your uploads are in the right place. This is what the dropdowns will look like when you upload:

Q: Can I use embellishments and glitter on the cards I send to MD Anderson?
A: Yes - bling makes the world go around! :smile:

Q: If I don't have clear envelopes can I put my cards in ziploc bags?
A: Absolutely! The reason each card needs to be in a clear sleeve of some sort is so that patients and families can flip through the thousands of cards and view them without damaging them.

Q: Should I leave my cards blank or write in them?
A: You can send blank ones for the families to use, write a note in some for the patients, or send blank cards with a note on a post-it inside - it's up to you!

Q: I don't see my card in the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery - what do I do?
A: Click on your card, choose Edit Photo and check the category - make sure it says "Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Gallery 2014". Change the category in the drop down if you need to. Then check your keywords. If you need to change your keyword - it will take about 15 minutes to show up in the gallery after a change.

Q: Should I save all my cards until the end of the challenge and mail them all at once, or mail them as I make them?
A: The MOST important part of this campaign is actually mailing your cards to the MD Anderson Cancer Center. (Mailing instructions in each challenge). If you can spare the postage, it would be wonderful to have them receive cards throughout October, but if you'd like to send a bundle or two, that's fine too! We will have our partner at MD Anderson do special prize drawings from the cards she receives, so it is important to mail them in a timely manner! These cards brought great joy to the patients at the center last year, and we are so grateful for you sharing your art for such a great cause. If you are outside the US and mailing your cards is cost prohibitive, we would love it if you would donate your cards to a similar organization in your area.

Q: Where is the list of prizes?
A: In the Prize Thread (link to come)

Q: Where do prize drawings take place?
A: In the Chat thread (link to come)

Q: What is the deadline for having all my challenge cards uploaded?
A: November 7th at 11:59 AM, CST This is one minute before noon CST.

Q: When do the prize drawings start?
A: We have to check the participants' totals, run reports and put them together into a magic drawing machine, so we will begin drawing prizes (if all goes well) on the morning of November 9th! There are a LOT of prizes, and so the prize drawings are spread out over a week or so.

Q: where are winners' names posted?
A: In the Prize Winners Thread (link to come)

Q: What do I do if I win a prize?
A: We will post a form for you to fill out. You must have it completed by November 15th at Noon Central time, or you will forfeit your prize You do NOT need to notify me that you have done this - I will just go straight to your user profile on November 15th and get the info, so just update it and save it and you'll be fine .

Q: It says I can't combine challenges - can I combine HYCCT challenges with other Splitcoast or off-site challenges?
A: Absolutely! Our rule means that you can't combine Hope You Can Cling To challenges - you need to make a separate card for each challenge - this is because this is not just a challenge, it's a card drive - we want the maximum number of cards mailed to our partners.. However, if you want to use your challenge card for one of our daily challenges, etc. that is completely fine! Our goal is to encourage people to make as many individual cards as possible this month for the patients at MD Anderson!

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-01-2014 at 06:27 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will have to leave in a hurry to go help my daughter with twins soon. I will try to bring as much as I can, but is it acceptable to make a card that doesn't exactly fit into the challenge if I don't have anything else that will work? It's a long drive and I'll be there probably a month or so.

Gayle
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't find guidelines for the types of cards/sentiments UT MD would like to receive? Besides cards expressing hope ..... do they want Birthday, Christmas, Thinking of You,Thank You, Love You, as well? I see many different categories/sentiments in the challenges, but don't know if they are being sent to UT MD. Also, do they want cards sent all year round?

My Gallery

Quote:

Originally Posted by catluvr2View Post
I can't find guidelines for the types of cards/sentiments UT MD would like to receive? Besides cards expressing hope ..... do they want Birthday, Christmas, Thinking of You,Thank You, Love You, as well? I see many different categories/sentiments in the challenges, but don't know if they are being sent to UT MD. Also, do they want cards sent all year round?

Yes - all occasions are great - they need cards for everything a person would ever need a card for. And yes, you are welcome to send cards outside of October!
Polyshrink Goddess

Lydia, I sent you a personal message yesterday but still waiting to hear back. On the Queen's list I tried to post twice and each time I came up with a message saying it was an "invalid" posting. Later last night I looked at the Queen's list only to see that later it actually posted both of my tries but did a complete post and a partial post #12 and #13. Multiple postings are against your rules and said that will be removed. I have waited to see what you will do and they are both still there. Will you please take down the second one? All of this was out of my control and just a computer glitch on your end. Thanks.
Mad Swapper

This sounds wonderful!! I'm just sending off my last box of handmade cards to From Our Hearts who was collecting cards for our troops overseas. Due to the draw down of our troops, FOH is closing down and I'm so glad to have found this wonderful cause to continue contributing handmade cards! Looking forward to this later on in the year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChingView Post
This sounds wonderful!! I'm just sending off my last box of handmade cards to From Our Hearts who was collecting cards for our troops overseas. Due to the draw down of our troops, FOH is closing down and I'm so glad to have found this wonderful cause to continue contributing handmade cards! Looking forward to this later on in the year.
Your blog and cards are wonderful - can't wait to see you in this year's event!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 244 Likes on 184 Posts

Dear Lydia- can you remind us how to use our completed copy of the Master Tracking sheet with all our card links to post to the Queen's Thread? I think it's copy paste but I am always stymied!
Stazon Splitcoast

Im looking for the address to send off a box of 134 cards...Can someone PM that to me?

Thanks so much!
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

You'll find it in any challenge post in the forum here. 134 - wow!
Vincent Van Gogh